✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everglow Music Video

AMDB9

Holy crap it's wonderful! Not exactly sure why they needed all the people there haha But the iceskating is superb, seems like she was in some sort of rigging

Yeah you could barely see the people, but the skating was amazing!

• Like 1

That moment it actually starts snowing when Chris sings "life's as short as the falling of snow"

1YgPRQy.png

yeah, the editor did a good job with that one, but not with syncing her movement with Jonny's riff which imo would have been awesome if they moved the shot of her moving to the ground just a second earlier

also this shot in particular reminded me of Mass Effect with that framing and the way she moved (the blinking thing) felt a lot like Bioware animation :joy:

Holy crap it's wonderful! Not exactly sure why they needed all the people there haha But the iceskating is superb, seems like she was in some sort of rigging

the everglow is from her fans :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

is it narcissistic of me to want to think that sometimes Coldplay's love songs are Chris singing to us? :P

• Like 1

Oh wow, it found the light of day! :D Didn't think we would get to see it after all. LOL, the lights could have just been added by CGI as well. Would have saved us some frustrating shivering. ;)

It's really nice, but I'm not sure the idea of her dancing with an invisible partner really comes across. You can only really guess when she gets lifted in the air or in a few other parts of the routine. Maybe that's why they scrapped it.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not blown away by it.

Can't explain why, maybe the black/white doesn't match with the warmth of Everglow.

The difference with the official version couldn’t be bigger.

And now we know the story of what the fans had to deal with, it's sad that this is the result of their efforts.

Oh wow, it found the light of day! :D Didn't think we would get to see it after all. LOL, the lights could have just been added by CGI as well. Would have saved us some frustrating shivering. ;)

It's really nice, but I'm not sure the idea of her dancing with an invisible partner really comes across. You can only really guess when she gets lifted in the air or in a few other parts of the routine. Maybe that's why they scrapped it.

I only "guessed" it after you explained it lol

I generally like the concept idea of the trees appearing, the invisible partner (which I got from the comments here, not the video ! Not very clear there) and the lights, but it did not translate well into the actual video. B/W should at least have gone into color at the "warm" moments or something, like this it was boring to watch, did not hamronize well with thw music and, as has been said, underwhelming.

So sorry for the fans, they were also barely visible...

• Like 1

it doesn't come across at all. i only realized that there was an invisible partner when i saw the behind-the-scenes comparison video on twitter. when i watched it through i just figured it was a wire :P

Honestly, I'm not blown away by it.

Can't explain why, maybe the black/white doesn't match with the warmth of Everglow.

The difference with the official version couldn’t be bigger.

And now we know the story of what the fans had to deal with, it's sad that this is the result of their efforts.

it's lacking a real story, i think. but Chris was supposed to be in this originally, right? so it would be interesting to see how much that affected this final product and what the video would have been like if he hadn't slept in :P

it's lacking a real story, i think. but Chris was supposed to be in this originally, right? so it would be interesting to see how much that affected this final product and what the video would have been like if he hadn't slept in :p

have a feeling that was never meant to be. as in chris always takes the blame, whether it is actually his fault or not. didn't believe the chris overslept excuse then and more so now. looks like the band was never meant to be featured.

• Like 1

it's lacking a real story, i think. but Chris was supposed to be in this originally, right? so it would be interesting to see how much that affected this final product and what the video would have been like if he hadn't slept in :P

Chris on ice skates, I would like to see that. [emoji4]

I don't see where he (and G, J, W) could fit in in this video. The only thing I can imagine is that there would be a piano on the ice.

Well, I'm happy with the other video. [emoji4]

• 4 months later...