✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everglow Music Video

AMDB9

Guest diogo_sg

Damn! I thought we were getting ice skaters with this video! Well, this version is quite charming, so I can't complain. It's also very dark, specially when you consider the style of this album and era.

But it's nice video.

Oh God, I'm not too big a fan of it to be honest. It's the most boring video ever...

Also, I feel sorry for the people who travelled to Hannover in the middle of the night back then to be in a freezing ice arena in the early morning....

1. "You're gonna see the band and be in their new video"

2. "Nope, the band is not coming but you'll be in their new video"

42. "Your footage was thrown into the bin, it's not gonna be anywhere, good day to you"

I'm disappointed right now and if I was one of those people in the ice arena I'd frankly be annoyed...

• Like 3

Oh God, I'm not too big a fan of it to be honest. It's the most boring video ever...

Also, I feel sorry for the people who travelled to Hannover in the middle of the night back then to be in a freezing ice arena in the early morning....

42. "Your footage was thrown into the bin, it's not gonna be anywhere, good day to you"

I'm disappointed right now and if I was one of those people in the ice arena I'd frankly be annoyed...

I still can't believe how lucky I am that these air tickets to Hannover were so expensive... I'd be incredibly disappointed

Hopefully we still will get that video like we got the extra one for VLV. Remember, this video says (Single Version) on it, so we could get another video for the album version!

• Like 2

I'm also not a big fan of it either. I was actually disappointed to see that they also scrapped Jonny's solo off the song. They shouldn't have done that.

I think it would've been better if Jonny just played his solo in the video. (I prefer not to see Chris performing this alone)

But they at least have put Mohammed Ali in it. Not that I am a big fan of his but this shows how much respect they have for him and that's nice.

We'll get the Everglow video anyway, right?

I'm also not a big fan of it either. I was actually disappointed to see that they also scrapped Jonny's solo off the song. They shouldn't have done that.

I think it would've been better if Jonny just played his solo in the video. (I prefer not to see Chris performing this alone)

But they at least have put Mohammed Ali in it. Not that I am a big fan of his but this shows how much respect they have for him and that's nice.

We'll get the Everglow video anyway, right?

i was sad not to see Jonny too :(

but it makes sense since this is clearly a recording of Chris recording his performance... trippy :P

• Like 1

I actually prefer the original version... this song is wonderful in that way, with all that awesome sound effects, the chorus, etc. I also think this video is a little bit boring. However, it's always a pleasure to see my dear Chris singing and playing the piano like an angel haha

• Like 1

Its meh.... Like most things with Coldplay it feels like a PG rated version of something else--in this case Nick Cave's most recent album/dvd which is all performed live in black/white or those videos from Radiohead recently. Adding Jonny would have made it a lot better. Do love the Ali inclusion though, that's the best part easily.

• Like 1

Thank you! I feel all caught up now.

I agree with the others who hope an alternate video from the ice arena is still coming for the participants sake. But doesn't seem likely since they shot the video around the same time as Glastonbury when the impromptu "Chris solo" took place. It was some time after that the band decided the solo version should be released instead of the original. I'll bet the ice arena video got scrapped then too so they could do a more personal one with just Chris. IMHO, and hopefully I'm wrong .

• Like 1

This is amazing. What a complete shift in the style away from the extremely colorful and relatively poppy AHFOD with lots of production and layers to a black and white video featuring an unpoppified version of a song from an album (they release that as the single?!? I would have expected this to be the normal version and the album version to be the single version, because that would be the way it is in most cases... Hats off to Coldplay for not poppifying the song even more) featuring two tracks: the piano and a voice. (yes there's the guitar kinda thing where there was in the album, but still) Heck, most bands don't even go that stripped down, but Coldplay with their latest album release would be one of my last picks to suddenly release a song (or a version of a song) that literally performs magic with two tracks. Not only that, but they take it one step further by making it sound like a live performance (without the crowd obviously). It was probably a live performance. No, his voice isn't absolutely perfect. But that really only adds to the beauty, No Auto Tune, no editing this or that out, all they did was make it sound echo-ey. Beautiful, stripped-down, genuine, and heartfelt rendition of the song. The vocal breathes, crackles, and just flows. It tells a story that mainstream pop vocals, with all of the overproduction and editing of every single tiny little mistake, don't. I wish this song got more popular so today's zombies solely following that style of music and nothing else would know what a real vocal sounds like, with all of the minor variances kept intact. Everything sounds the same now becuase there's none of those mistakes anymore. Yes, this may have taken quite a few tries to record. Sometimes you can't quite get it right the first few tries. But that adds to the genuity of the song. Today's pop songs are probably rush released, favoring technology to fix every tiny little small mistake on the first try rather than taking the time to make a more natural sounding product like Coldplay have done here.

Absolutely wonderful job Coldplay. Well done. I am so pleasently surprised that they went the completely opposite way of what they did for most tracks on the album this time. Hopefully this is the kinda stuff we get to hear from Kaleidoscope EP. Or at least some of it. Other than that, something that hints at a more unique direction for Coldplay moving forward. Keep it up boys.

(Note: I don't hate AHFOD. I actually really like it. Compared to the rest of mainstream pop albums it's memorable and even unique. I'm just saying that I can respect songs like this a lot better because they didn't have to throw in a ton of layers or produce it a lot to make it sound "good".)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...