✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WONDERFUL ADVENTURE (AHFOD - rearragened/remade by MC01) DOWNLOAD

WONDERFUL ADVENTURE by MC01

www.soundcloud.com/realmc01

EDIT: Fixed link with newer updated version

jxEoWzncsBvlGk5kSGI7qtm2B1WXqb-dE_86JPbJVDE.png?w=768&s=2be3823513fb898aa9b9a08c21a5dd88

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o918H_pQNa4Rd62yMG1oB-eBEqiFfNrR

NOTE: The version on my SoundCloud is still unfinished. The download above is the final, FINAL version.

Coldplay's 7th studio album, 'A Head Full of Dreams' is a vibrant, colorful experience from beginning to end. It's debatebly the most uplifting album Coldplay has ever released. But this is a bit different. I have remixed, rearranged, and extended A Head Full of Dreams. Clocking in at just under 54 minutes, 'Wonderful Adventure' is what 'A Head Full of Dreams' would have sounded like as a concept album in my hands.

Why?

When I listen to the original version of AHFOD, it feels unfinished. I used this to decide what to add and what to take away from each track. I used another user's alternate tracklist as a base a little after A Head Full of Dreams was released. The first draft of this project was finished in February of 2016, and not until now, almost a year later, have I gotten something I feel is a finished product. Every song was edited in someway.

When?

I started this project January of 2016. The first draft was literally just a rearrangement of the tracks + a longer version of "Birds (Reprise)". This was then just called 'A Head Full of Dreams (MC01 Edit). I kept working on it, and on June 12, 2016, I put the project out for the public for the first time on SoundCloud. It has since gathered over 23k plays. This version was still far from finished. I finally have this version, the final version, out for release on January 17, 2017, about a year after the original album's release.

COMPLETE LIST OF CHANGES:

i. Wonderful Adventure (A Head Full of Dreams)

-Added radio static intro.

-Added band introduction from various sources.

-Added elements of live version of "A Head Full of Dreams".

-Added extra drums throughout.

-Added "Colour Spectrum" in outro as interlude to i. Wonderful Adventure.

ii. Adventures

-Amplified snare drum.

-Added radio static outro (with "Don't Panic" sample) as interlude to iii. Birds.

iii. Birds

-Made intro drum loop longer.

-Extended bridge.

-Added bird sound effects in outro as interlude to iv. Fun.

iv. Fun

-Looped guitar riff with fade in.

-Removed vocals in acoustic guitar bridge.

-Added raining car sound effects in outro as interlude to v. Everglow.

v. Everglow

-Added raining car sound effects throughout.

-Replaced original album version with single version.

i. Army of One

-Added rhodes intro.

-Extended drum intro.

-Added bird sound effects in outro as interlude to ii. Hymn for the Weekend.

ii. Hymn for the Weekend

-Added violin intro (Birds (Reprise))

-Added looped instrumental pre-chorus as intro.

The Guest House

-Added radio tuning sound effects (with "For You" and "Poppyfields" sample) as intro.

-Extended Barack Obama "Amazing Grace" sample.

-Added radio tuning sound effects in outro as interlude to i. Amazing Day.

i. Amazing Day

-Extended outro (with Chris Martin + Zane Lowe 2014 interview sample).

ii. Miracles

-No changes.

iii. Up&Up

-Extended outro.

-Added reverb/echo to final lyric as interlude to Colour Spectrum (Believe in Love).

-Removed "Believe in Love" sample.

Colour Spectrum (Believe in Love)

-Added iii.Up&Up sample throughout.

-Added "Believe in Love" sample.

-Added radio tuning sound effects as outro.

I'm very proud of the outcome of this, and I hope everyone else enjoys it. Although the downloads have each track seperated, this is really meant to be listened to in one sitting.

Happy listening :)

• Like 10

I've gotta say, you've done an outstanding job of improving AHFOD, a lot. Those radio tuning effects and added drums in some tracks really add some spice and flavor on top of the tracks that were already there. I feel like in some tracks you somehow made the production more dreamy and just better, which so accurately reflects what the album wanted to do in the first place. It makes it feel more unique and original. The choice to add in some rain sound effects onto the single version of Everglow was genius, that easily became my favorite version of Everglow. It has a very beautiful melancholic vibe to it and truly feels like something from the Oldplay era, along with something new that I find hard to explain. The way you threw in some samples of older songs really gave it the sense and vibe of someone going on this journey through life for such a long time, and that this would be the final kind of stage, or the final adventure, or something like that. I officially declare this what AHFOD was supposed to be. If it was in fact their final album, I would be more than satisfied with this.

It feels unique, original, genuine, and competent compared with Coldplay's other albums.

I much prefer this artwork over the normal AHFOD ones. There's something about it I really love. Great job on that.

I originally didn't think the tracklist would work well, but to my surprise it actually flowed rather smoothly. I would have still arranged it differently but considering there are some holes in the original tracklist you've done a good job. Unlike the original album this doesn't feel like it drags on: as I've said the extra bits of production and drums you've added in keeps your interest between the upbeat sections, while making the tracks feel less poppy and more unique and rocky.

The only things I found off with this otherwise wonderful remake of the album is that Amazing Day felt a little too bassy, and the samples from the interview didn't seem quite mixed right. Great idea though! Also, I still don't feel Up&Up is what it should be. However I do find it better than the studio version! I think this could only be fixed by adding in the live debut version instead which is the real version of Up&Up for me.

Other than that, wonderful job. I agree with you in that the original version of the album feels a bit unfinished and a bit too poppy for my taste in sections. You fixed all of those problems while adding some extra flavor into the mix.

Hats off to you sir. I look forward to any future edits you choose to work on.

(Wow, almost a year of work put into this! No wonder why it sounds so good!

BTW, great choice putting Miracles after Amazing Day. In my opinion if Miracles were to be in AHFOD that's where I would have put it as well... In some playlists I've done I've put it that way)

• Like 2

So many new releases, including my own. Will get to listening to it asap!

Edit: could you post a FLAC version if you can please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for the delay, but I actually do not have the original FLAC files. My laptop crashed and I lost all of the original files. I could post a converted version though if you would like?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, just listened to it entirely. Masterpiece of an edit ! Loved the rearrangement of the tracklist and the interludes ! The way you did it, it feels much more "dreamy" overall and makes sense as one long crazy, garbled, colorful dream about different things. Loved the added drums, especially on Up&Up. Everglow sounded so much better with the rain effect ! Also, the radio tunings with for example the HFTW brass and the snippets from old Coldplay songs were gorgeous, like an echo from distant times, and had this nostalgic feel.

The only thing that didn't harmonize well imho was the Zane Lowe inteview excerpt and the Amazing Day instrumental.

Well done @MC01Coldplay !!

okAY SO

tumblr_inline_mtdd3p620D1rfho84.gif

I've listened to the entire thing 3 times in a row 'cuz I Am The Night (and procrastinated all day long) and I needed something to keep me awake lmao.

ANYWAYS

the only negative thing that stuck out sometimes (TO ME) were the drums. They sounded kinda loud.

But apart from that:

HORY SHET BRAH

qkW6LK0.png

can only agree with what has been said above, I'd definitely rated the album higher if you had mixed it omg. And THANK YOU for leaving out X Marks The Spot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...