Coldplay Personalities

guy42

Is Phil judging or prospecting?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Phil judging or prospecting?

• Judging
    • Prospecting
    • Hard to tell

There is a personality test called the 16 Personalities Test which you can take here for free: https://www.16personalities.com/

The official name is Myers Briggs Personality Test and they use it for assessments in psychology. Each personality type is described with four letters with each letter standing for one of two traits that best describes that person. Here is more about those traits.

[spoiler=Introverted vs. Extroverted]Introverted individuals prefer solitary activities and get exhausted by social interaction. They tend to be quite sensitive to external stimulation (e.g. sound, sight or smell) in general.

Extroverted individuals prefer group activities and get energized by social interaction. They tend to be more enthusiastic and more easily excited than introverts.

Read more here.

[spoiler=Observant vs. Intuitive]Observant individuals are highly practical, pragmatic and down-to-earth. They tend to have strong habits and focus on what is happening or has already happened.

Intuitive individuals are very imaginative, open-minded and curious. They prefer novelty over stability and focus on hidden meanings and future possibilities.

Read more here.

[spoiler=Thinking vs. Feeling]Thinking individuals focus on objectivity and rationality, prioritizing logic over emotions. They tend to hide their feelings and see efficiency as more important than cooperation.

Feeling individuals are sensitive and emotionally expressive. They are more empathic and less competitive than Thinking types, and focus on social harmony and cooperation.

Read more here.

[spoiler=Judging vs. Prospecting]Judging individuals are decisive, thorough and highly organized. They value clarity, predictability and closure, preferring structure and planning to spontaneity.

Prospecting individuals are very good at improvising and spotting opportunities. They tend to be flexible, relaxed nonconformists who prefer keeping their options open.

Read more here.

Note that the opposite letters exist on a scale and most people are somewhere in the middle, so it can be hard to tell which way someone leans toward.

In this thread, we will try to figure out the personality types of the Coldplay members smiley2.gif.f31d3432926480fe8def3121bf974aec.gif

We'll do it one letter at a time. We'll start with Chris and figure out his first trait. We can debate and discuss here with each other and use what they've said in interviews, what they're like on stage, etc. to prove our points. I'll have a poll set up so we can tally the votes and give what we think is the correct trait for each Coldplay member.

5 Coldplay members × 4 letters per member = 20 letters total!

Let's start: Is Chris introverted or extroverted?

*By the way, you can go off topic in this thread and talk about anything at any time. It will be the votes that count, though.*

• Like 5

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say Chris is DEFINITELY extroverted. not only is he super comfortable in front of crowds of all sizes, but it seems he often encourages those crowds to form around him and always seems thrilled to participate in groups. while i know it's possible for someone to be introverted but still social, this doesn't seem to me to be Chris's case.

i don't have any quotes or videos at the moment, but i remember a few that i'll try to look up tomorrow and post back here :D

• Like 2

[MEDIA=tumblr]did=ee0d53e36cb87ad83681390d16b1fe8e39928415;id=117113639592;key=AFu4wnnMI9sTJUZiHAOBRA;name=mbti-notes[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/117113639592/overview-of-cognitive-functions

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com

Here's an intro into cognitive function theory. I think this will really help with making determinations. Every type has a functional stack that states their most developed aspects of their personality and least developed.

Every function in a functional stack works in unison despite there being dominant, auxiliary, tertiary and inferior functions. People have different perspectives of how every function works in one personality, however I believe that each function backs up one another and pulls out sub archetypes within the whole personality as well as in between functions. Everyone has all eight functions, we just have them at different ranges, and four of them truly make up our personality.

For example:

My type, the ISFJ has

Si Fe Ti Ne (with as the functional stack (you can read up on what each function does in the links)

I see the world through Si- introverted sensing- which is based on utilizing past memories and filtering present data to fit my model of the past, so it's almost like the past and present are alive at the same time. I find that it often feuds with Ne- extroverted intuition- my inferior function because of its unpredictable nature and constant need for change and looking towards the future. It's like I'm trying to chain up a monster, but it can't stay chained. Fe- extroverted feeling- gives me a need to help others and Ti- introverted thinking- gives me my practical nature.

I'm assuming Chris leads with Fe, Jonny leads with Si, Guy leads with Fi and Will maybe leads with Fe.

• Like 2

[MEDIA=tumblr]did=ee0d53e36cb87ad83681390d16b1fe8e39928415;id=117113639592;key=AFu4wnnMI9sTJUZiHAOBRA;name=mbti-notes[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/post/117113639592/overview-of-cognitive-functions

Here's an intro into cognitive function theory. I think this will really help with making determinations. Every type has a functional stack that states their most developed aspects of their personality and least developed.

Every function in a functional stack works in unison despite there being dominant, auxiliary, tertiary and inferior functions. People have different perspectives of how every function works in one personality, however I believe that each function backs up one another and pulls out sub archetypes within the whole personality as well as in between functions. Everyone has all eight functions, we just have them at different ranges, and four of them truly make up our personality.

For example:

My type, the ISFJ has

Si Fe Ti Ne (with as the functional stack (you can read up on what each function does in the links)

I see the world through Si- introverted sensing- which is based on utilizing past memories and filtering present data to fit my model of the past, so it's almost like the past and present are alive at the same time. I find that it often feuds with Ne- extroverted intuition- my inferior function because of its unpredictable nature and constant need for change and looking towards the future. It's like I'm trying to chain up a monster, but it can't stay chained. Fe- extroverted feeling- gives me a need to help others and Ti- introverted thinking- gives me my practical nature.

I'm assuming Chris leads with Fe, Jonny leads with Si, Guy leads with Fi and Will maybe leads with Fe.

Very good. I think that understanding Cognitive Function Theory will definitely help in typing because you learn about how the different functions interact with each other and how relatively strong they are. Although I read up a lot of what's in the links you posted, I admit I'm still a little confused about some things. But I'll get it eventually as I study some more smiley2.gif.a0e7e47cd365925d2048ce19d4c4e55f.gif. Feel free to use CFT to make your points as to why someone should be typed as [whatever].

i would say Chris is DEFINITELY extroverted. not only is he super comfortable in front of crowds of all sizes, but it seems he often encourages those crowds to form around him and always seems thrilled to participate in groups. while i know it's possible for someone to be introverted but still social, this doesn't seem to me to be Chris's case.

i don't have any quotes or videos at the moment, but i remember a few that i'll try to look up tomorrow and post back here :D

I think you're right. I used to think that he is introverted, maybe because I am introverted and I subconsciously wanted him to be so, too smiley2.gif.a0e7e47cd365925d2048ce19d4c4e55f.gif. But also in the interviews that I've seen in the past several years he seems to be a very reflective person. But as I have recently learned, when someone goes through a very difficult time, they usually turn to the opposite mode of coping, and I think that's what has played out with Chris over the past several years.

Also the way he responds to external stimuli is very immediate. It doesn't take much time for him to respond to whatever is happening like it does for introverts. I'm going to cast my vote for extrovert and consider this one solved smiley2.gif.a0e7e47cd365925d2048ce19d4c4e55f.gif.

Next question: Is Chris observant or intuitive?

Edit: I'm not sure how to change the poll. Someone help me out here.

• Like 1

There is a personality test called the 16 Personalities Test which you can take here for free: https://www.16personalities.com/

The official name is Myers Briggs Personality Test and they use it for assessments in psychology. Each personality type is described with four letters with each letter standing for one of two traits that best describes that person. Here is more about those traits.

[spoiler=Introverted vs. Extroverted]Introverted individuals prefer solitary activities and get exhausted by social interaction. They tend to be quite sensitive to external stimulation (e.g. sound, sight or smell) in general.

Extroverted individuals prefer group activities and get energized by social interaction. They tend to be more enthusiastic and more easily excited than introverts.

Read more here.

[spoiler=Observant vs. Intuitive]Observant individuals are highly practical, pragmatic and down-to-earth. They tend to have strong habits and focus on what is happening or has already happened.

Intuitive individuals are very imaginative, open-minded and curious. They prefer novelty over stability and focus on hidden meanings and future possibilities.

Read more here.

[spoiler=Thinking vs. Feeling]Thinking individuals focus on objectivity and rationality, prioritizing logic over emotions. They tend to hide their feelings and see efficiency as more important than cooperation.

Feeling individuals are sensitive and emotionally expressive. They are more empathic and less competitive than Thinking types, and focus on social harmony and cooperation.

Read more here.

[spoiler=Judging vs. Prospecting]Judging individuals are decisive, thorough and highly organized. They value clarity, predictability and closure, preferring structure and planning to spontaneity.

Prospecting individuals are very good at improvising and spotting opportunities. They tend to be flexible, relaxed nonconformists who prefer keeping their options open.

Read more here.

Note that the opposite letters exist on a scale and most people are somewhere in the middle, so it can be hard to tell which way someone leans toward.

In this thread, we will try to figure out the personality types of the Coldplay members [ATTACH]6601[/ATTACH]

We'll do it one letter at a time. We'll start with Chris and figure out his first trait. We can debate and discuss here with each other and use what they've said in interviews, what they're like on stage, etc. to prove our points. I'll have a poll set up so we can tally the votes and give what we think is the correct trait for each Coldplay member.

5 Coldplay members × 4 letters per member = 20 letters total!

Let's start: Is Chris introverted or extroverted?

*By the way, you can go off topic in this thread and talk about anything at any time. It will be the votes that count, though.*

Guy42, Oh thank you for starting this!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Chris is definitely more Extroverted. Remember, there is a relative balance of the two types, so he could have some Introverted tendencies. But as someone already said, he tends to refuel with other activities around people, from what I can see. One thing I have also read is that it's easy to be fooled about people in very public roles, like Chris. There are many celebrities, actors, etc who are Introverts in public roles. If I had time now, I'd look up some examples. Maybe later this week.

I think Chris is Intuitive for sure. His writing is often about very coneptual, big picture topics. Also, the way he sometimes messes up songs and improvises makes me think he is not as detail oriented. He has also admitted to being a terrible cook. I think someone who can follow recipes well would be an S, although many great cooks probably improvise. So Intuitive.

For example:

My type, the ISFJ has

Love this information, Draco! Thanks!! Where did this come from, a class?

Chris is definitely more Extroverted. Remember, there is a relative balance of the two types, so he could have some Introverted tendencies. But as someone already said, he tends to refuel with other activities around people, from what I can see. One thing I have also read is that it's easy to be fooled about people in very public roles, like Chris. There are many celebrities, actors, etc who are Introverts in public roles. If I had time now, I'd look up some examples. Maybe later this week.

I think Chris is Intuitive for sure. His writing is often about very coneptual, big picture topics. Also, the way he sometimes messes up songs and improvises makes me think he is not as detail oriented. He has also admitted to being a terrible cook. I think someone who can follow recipes well would be an S, although many great cooks probably improvise. So Intuitive.

this one is tough, i think one where Chris definitely rides the line between the two. i'm tempted to say more Observant based on concert interaction and interviews... but i can see how artistically he fits into Intuitive... and i also think this is an aspect that has changed over the years, whether due to his learning experiences of the past few years (:P) or just getting older...

looking back at that list:

• (Se) Extraverted Sensing: scans, detects, and responds quickly to unique or novel sensory stimuli in the external world to maximize adaptability to changes and richness of experience

• (Ne) Extraverted Intuition: scans, detects, and responds quickly to unique or novel conceptual patterns in the external world to create new ideas or possibilities

i'm on the fence here. anyone else have thoughts on this?

https://www.16personalities.com/articles/energy-intuitive-vs-observant. @coldplayisawesome, this page may really help. Something to keep in mind as we type the band everyone, we are mixing two theories with different definitions of the continuums when we look at Meyers-Briggs vs. 16 Personalities. For example, in your post, you are looking at Meyers-Briggs, which combines two of the continuums, while 16 Personalities says that the continuums operate independently from one another. I think the page here from 16 Personalities helps me to classify Chris as Intuitive. He is creative, spontaneous and looks at big-picture concepts. I just don't see him as Observant, a group which are much more structured and detail-oriented in contrast (like I think Guy is). Just my two-cents worth.

• Like 2

https://www.16personalities.com/articles/energy-intuitive-vs-observant. @coldplayisawesome, this page may really help. Something to keep in mind as we type the band everyone, we are mixing two theories with different definitions of the continuums when we look at Meyers-Briggs vs. 16 Personalities. For example, in your post, you are looking at Meyers-Briggs, which combines two of the continuums, while 16 Personalities says that the continuums operate independently from one another. I think the page here from 16 Personalities helps me to classify Chris as Intuitive. He is creative, spontaneous and looks at big-picture concepts. I just don't see him as Observant, a group which are much more structured and detail-oriented in contrast (like I think Guy is). Just my two-cents worth.

thank you for the link! i definitely see what you mean now and i agree, Intuitive seems right for Chris.

i think there's one sentence on that page that seals it for me:

"When all is said and done, Intuitive types believe in novelty, in the open mind, and in never-ending improvement." :D

• Like 1

Yeah, @iamsue has explained it well. How do the two theories relate with each other? Here are the functional stacks from CFT that are equivalent to each code in MBTI:

• ESTP = Se-Ti-Fe-Ni

• ESFP = Se-Fi-Te-Ni

• ENTP = Ne-Ti-Fe-Si

• ENFP = Ne-Fi-Te-Si
  • ISTJ = Si-Te-Fi-Ne

• ISFJ = Si-Fe-Ti-Ne

• INTJ = Ni-Te-Fi-Se

• INFJ = Ni-Fe-Ti-Se

• ESTJ = Te-Si-Ne-Fi

• ENTJ = Te-Ni-Se-Fi

• ESFJ = Fe-Si-Ne-Ti

• ENFJ = Fe-Ni-Se-Ti

• ISTP = Ti-Se-Ni-Fe

• INTP = Ti-Ne-Si-Fe

• ISFP = Fi-Se-Ni-Te

• INFP = Fi-Ne-Si-Te

X

We're using the MBTI because I think it's easier to understand for most people.

I also think that Chris is intuitive because he wrote an album called Mylo Xyloto which describes an alternate comic world with imaginary characters :). How much more intuitive can you get lol? Also, if you want to get the plot of the story you have to listen to the lyrics "between the lines", something that the Observant types would usually hate doing :)

So yeah, I think we have a consensus here, so I'll close the poll. We'll get @gai or @AMDB9 to change the question.

Next question: Is Chris a thinking or a feeling individual?

• Like 1

Haha, I was just kidding with the percentage :P

By the way, what are all your (=you, the people in this thread) test results, if I may ask ? (only if you wanna divulge, of course)

I just took the test and I got The Mediator (INFP-T) ! Which apparently places me in the company of Frodo, Anne of Green Gables, Tolkien and Shakespeare :D

Haha, I was just kidding with the percentage :p

By the way, what are all your (=you, the people in this thread) test results, if I may ask ? (only if you wanna divulge, of course)

I just took the test and I got The Mediator (INFP-T) ! Which apparently places me in the company of Frodo, Anne of Green Gables, Tolkien and Shakespeare :D

Well,

giphy.gif

You JUST JOINED THE PERSONALITY TYPES OF @coldplayisawesome AND @Batman! :D

giphy.gif

Where were you when we were discussing this in the DLIBYH thread :expressionless:

I'm an INTJ-A. It seems like everyone here has a -T attached at the end, which means I need to tread lightly amongst you guys - you know, be careful not to step on any toes o_O

• Like 3

Well,

giphy.gif

You JUST JOINED THE PERSONALITY TYPES OF @coldplayisawesome AND @Batman! :D

giphy.gif

Where were you when we were discussing this in the DLIBYH thread :expressionless:

I'm an INTJ-A. It seems like everyone here has a -T attached at the end, which means I need to tread lightly amongst you guys - you know, be careful not to step on any toes o_O

Haha ! Yes, I was a bit absent on that thread - need to read up there !

And really, the same type as @Batman ?! OMG OMG OMG :P

• Like 1

Haha ! Yes, I was a bit absent on that thread - need to read up there !

And really, the same type as @Batman ?! OMG OMG OMG :p

I KNOW!! I'M ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED!

You all can now officially get together and do Shakespeare-esque writing and artsy stuff like coloring butterflies or whatever it is you guys do.

~~~~SO EXCITING~~~~

I KNOW!! I'M ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED!

You all can now officially get together and do Shakespeare-esque writing and artsy stuff like coloring butterflies or whatever it is you guys do.

~~~~SO EXCITING~~~~

Hm, I dunno if writing something together would work. Batman would surely put a pervy spin on everything we'd write :p

And you know what's funny ? @coldplayisawesome and I both won those Coldplay signed artworks...and we have the same personality type !

*epic conspiracy theory forms in head*

• Like 2

Hm, I dunno if writing something together would work. Batman would surely put a pervy spin on everything we'd write :p

And you know what's funny ? @coldplayisawesome and I both won those Coldplay signed artworks...and we have the same personality type !

*epic conspiracy theory forms in head*

Oh, you don't know nuttin' yet. Batman won the 3rd signed artwork, too. Except she went back in time and gave it back to Coldplay in the Batman Interview laugh4.gif.379763323b88a4e95a0176a14129d704.gif

• Like 1

Haha, I was just kidding with the percentage :p

INFP-T!! that's me! :D

don't worry, we've got at least three "Mediators" to step in if that happens :joy: