Coldplay Personalities

guy42

Is Phil judging or prospecting?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Phil judging or prospecting?

• Judging
    • Prospecting
    • Hard to tell

I think he is intuitive. In interviews it seems he focuses more on ideas rather than details. Contrast this with Guy (who I believe is observant) who focuses more on the past and the details.

Watch from 8:02 to 9:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=1aFiQy4sYTA;m=8;s=2

Notice how Guy answers the question and what Will says at the end of their response.

• Like 1

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish don't have hair... Yet... Classic Will. Yeah I see what you mean about that. Hmmm I don't know anymore, I think I'll wait and see what somebody else thinks as well

I'm with antdrew. Guy, you have changed my mind. This is a great contrast.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Fish don't have hair... Yet

That's something that the Observant types wouldn't say, usually ;)

that is a really great example, @guy42. i see what you mean. and i've been watching some more Will interviews now - i don't think i ever realized exactly how much he and Chris are alike.

Yeah, I was thinking he could be observant but not by very much, so we will give him an X for this one!

Next question: Is Will thinking or feeling?

@gai

This one is also vexing to me. I am oging to go with Thinking by a narrow margin, again, given that he seems to be able to learn a lot. Not a strong reason, i know. I

m really tired so I'll look it up more later.

after rereading the page for Thinking vs Feeling, i would say Thinking. in my last post i wrote something about how alike he and Chris are - i think this is the key difference between them. Will is very laidback, level-headed, which seems to fit closer to Thinking, whereas Chris is definitely more anxious/high-strung and of course we've already assigned him as Feeling.

Yeah I agree but Will can certainly have his times where he is pretty emotionally expressive. But compared to Chris, he is a lot more level headed and chilled. He seems like the kinda guy who really thinks about decisions without just impulsively acting on whatever he feels at the time. I.e. he can actually control his emotions... Sometimes I wish I could control mine a bit better as well...

Yeah I agree but Will can certainly have his times where he is pretty emotionally expressive. But compared to Chris, he is a lot more level headed and chilled. He seems like the kinda guy who really thinks about decisions without just impulsively acting on whatever he feels at the time. I.e. he can actually control his emotions... Sometimes I wish I could control mine a bit better as well...

exactly, he's expressive but even then to me it still seems like he's keeping those emotions in check.

I think he is Feeling. It's not always about how you express yourself but about How You See the World. He seems to look at the world through the lens of compassion and emotion. I think the only difference between him and Chris is the last letter, which makes all the difference. The last letter enables him to control his emotions better.

I think he is Feeling. It's not always about how you express yourself but about How You See the World. He seems to look at the world through the lens of compassion and emotion. I think the only difference between him and Chris is the last letter, which makes all the difference. The last letter enables him to control his emotions better.

well now i'm not sure about any of it :P i wasn't considering the last letter when i was thinking about this one, and now reading both the articles it just seems like they keep saying the same things over and over...

i think i see what you mean here, though.

man, this stuff is not simple at all. i guess it makes sense for it not to be :P

• Like 1

well now i'm not sure about any of it [emoji14] i wasn't considering the last letter when i was thinking about this one, and now reading both the articles it just seems like they keep saying the same things over and over...

man, this stuff is not simple at all. i guess it makes sense for it not to be :P

It really is complex. People like my friend I mentioned go through training and a certification process to be able to train people in the Meyers-Briggs, for example. I know she also attends their yearly conference to attend training that allows her to maintain her certification. This is serious stuff, indeed! Guy42 really seems to have a great handle on it. I will defer and agree that Will is an "F" not a "T".

• Like 2

well now i'm not sure about any of it :p i wasn't considering the last letter when i was thinking about this one, and now reading both the articles it just seems like they keep saying the same things over and over...

man, this stuff is not simple at all. i guess it makes sense for it not to be :p

It really is complex. People like my friend I mentioned go through training and a certification process to be able to train people in the Meyers-Briggs, for example. I know she also attends their yearly conference to attend training that allows her to maintain her certification. This is serious stuff, indeed! Guy42 really seems to have a great handle on it. I will defer and agree that Will is an "F" not a "T".

Yeah, it can be pretty complex, especially when you don't know the person very well or if the person shows both tendencies equally. There are some tools that we can use. Check out this link, and scroll down to "Type Groups" for information about the groups

_NT_

_NF_

_S_J

_S_P

This might help. I'm not saying I'm definitely right but I like to hear your opinions.

• Like 1

Yeah, it can be pretty complex, especially when you don't know the person very well or if the person shows both tendencies equally. There are some tools that we can use. Check out this link, and scroll down to "Type Groups" for information about the groups

_NT_

_NF_

_S_J

_S_P

This might help. I'm not saying I'm definitely right but I like to hear your opinions.

thank you for the link!

i can see parts of both _NT_ and _NF_ that seem like they could fit him. but maybe this line from _NF_ might nail it, at least within the context of what we know about Will:

"People belonging to this type group are cooperative and imaginative, often playing the role of harmonizers in their workplace or social circles."

also, skipping ahead a bit, but i was just reading the pages for ENFJ and it all feels pretty right for Will.

then i went ahead and looked at the page for ENFP and it fits Chris pretty much to a T:

"You Can Change the World With Just an Idea

More than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning."

:joy:

thank you for the link!

i can see parts of both _NT_ and _NF_ that seem like they could fit him. but maybe this line from _NF_ might nail it, at least within the context of what we know about Will:

"People belonging to this type group are cooperative and imaginative, often playing the role of harmonizers in their workplace or social circles."

also, skipping ahead a bit, but i was just reading the pages for ENFJ and it all feels pretty right for Will.

then i went ahead and looked at the page for ENFP and it fits Chris pretty much to a T:

"You Can Change the World With Just an Idea

More than just sociable people-pleasers though, ENFPs, like all their Diplomat cousins, are shaped by their Intuitive (N) quality, allowing them to read between the lines with curiosity and energy. They tend to see life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected – but unlike Analysts, who tend to see that puzzle as a series of systemic machinations, ENFPs see it through a prism of emotion, compassion and mysticism, and are always looking for a deeper meaning."

:joy:

ENFJ sounds right, doesn't it? We will give him an X for this one for now since that's what the votes say. Let's go to the next question:

Is Will judging or prospecting?

@gai

This is what I think about Guy's personality but I'm not sure if he's introverted or extroverted. Guy seems to be very sociable but doesn't show that to the media because he might lost his private life. I don't remember where but in a interview with one of the members of a-ha said he believes Guy is the funniest member of the band. I think he's the one who loves the most to be outside visiting new places and learning about them. The only thing he doesn't seem to like is being on the spot light in terms of being famous, although during the X&Y era he was jealous about Chris being more famous than him. Now, he's taken advantage of not being recognised on the streets.