Coldplay Personalities

guy42

Is Phil judging or prospecting?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Phil judging or prospecting?

• Judging
    • Prospecting
    • Hard to tell

Yeah although the funniest people can also be one of the quietest in my experience. I personally think enjoying the surroundings you are in and really integrating yourself into new places and wanting to learn about them is an introvert quality. But on the other hand I am a 67/33 extrovert and I enjoy doing that too :P so maybe this point is inconclusive

• Like 1

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaning towards observant, as he seems to enjoy detail-oriented hobbies. But, his love of cars seems to take him in spontaneous directions. Really unsure on this one.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Leaning towards observant, as he seems to enjoy detail-oriented hobbies. But, his love of cars seems to take him in spontaneous directions. Really unsure on this one.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yeah I am kinda going towards observant as well but not 100% sure either

i'll explain my case for Guy being Observant

this is from the page for Inuitive vs Observant:

"In contrast, individuals with the Observant trait focus on the actual world and things happening around them. They enjoy seeing, touching, feeling and experiencing – and leave theories and possibilities to others. They want to keep their feet on the ground and focus on the present, instead of wondering why or when something might happen. Consequently, people with this trait tend to be better at dealing with facts, tools and concrete objects as opposed to brainstorming about possibilities or future events, handling abstract theories, or exploring fantasy scenarios. Observant types are also significantly better at focusing on just one thing at a time instead of bursting with energy and juggling multiple activities."

(they also talk on that page about how there can be issues in communication between Intuitive and Observant people, which reminds me a lot of Guy's relationship with Chris :p)

though Guy's introverted quietness may mask it, he seems to be always present in the moment, never lost in daydreaming or anything, just always rooted in "the now"

obviously i'm not an expert but i would imagine that a "focus on the actual world" and interests in facts could also translate into focus on the past and what the actual world used to look like? in which case Guy has many obsessions that center around antiques of different sorts, from car restoration:

to collecting records for his jukebox (think Live 2003 tour diary) to his "personal art project" in which he collected old photos - which all also double as tangible items, perhaps what you could call "concrete objects"?

and even when dealing with more imaginative concepts? perhaps something OUT of this world?

well, even Guy A speaks primarily in facts:

:joy:

and i have a prediction for Guy's overall personality type as well, which might give some additional clarification for this letter:

ISTP

https://www.16personalities.com/istp-personality

this page suggests that some of the parts of this personality type are the ones that may be tripping up some people with this particular letter for Guy. this sentence struck me instantly:

"Friendly but very private, calm but suddenly spontaneous, extremely curious but unable to stay focused on formal studies"

to me that seems to fit Guy to a t, even the part about formal studies :O

• Like 2

and even when dealing with more imaginative concepts? perhaps something OUT of this world?

WHAT ON EARTH DID I JUST WATCH

These face-morph visuals are gonna haunt me in my nightmares for sure ! And generally what a weird video...

Is this guy really in Coldplay ? (pun intended)

"In contrast, individuals with the Observant trait focus on the actual world and things happening around them. They enjoy seeing, touching, feeling and experiencing – and leave theories and possibilities to others. They want to keep their feet on the ground and focus on the present, instead of wondering why or when something might happen. Consequently, people with this trait tend to be better at dealing with facts, tools and concrete objects as opposed to brainstorming about possibilities or future events, handling abstract theories, or exploring fantasy scenarios. Observant types are also significantly better at focusing on just one thing at a time instead of bursting with energy and juggling multiple activities."

(they also talk on that page about how there can be issues in communication between Intuitive and Observant people, which reminds me a lot of Guy's relationship with Chris :p)

though Guy's introverted quietness may mask it, he seems to be always present in the moment, never lost in daydreaming or anything, just always rooted in "the now"

obviously i'm not an expert but i would imagine that a "focus on the actual world" and interests in facts could also translate into focus on the past and what the actual world used to look like? in which case Guy has many obsessions that center around antiques of different sorts, from car restoration:

to collecting records for his jukebox (think Live 2003 tour diary) to his "personal art project" in which he collected old photos - which all also double as tangible items, perhaps what you could call "concrete objects"?

and i have a prediction for Guy's overall personality type as well, which might give some additional clarification for this letter:

ISTP

this page suggests that some of the parts of this personality type are the ones that may be tripping up some people with this particular letter for Guy. this sentence struck me instantly:

"Friendly but very private, calm but suddenly spontaneous, extremely curious but unable to stay focused on formal studies"

Does anyone know where the "to be continued" of the first video is?

• Like 1

ISTP

I'm completely with you on Guy being S. The thing that gives it away for me is his unwillingness to talk about the philosophy of the songs they write for one. Another giveaway is his focus on the past, details, and facts in his interviews, pretty much what you said.

YES!

I'm glad someone decided to mention something I've been thinking about for a while now. :joy: I knew that he was introverted and thinking, and I was fairly sure about observant, so the choice was either a "sentinel" type or "explorer". I went with the very reasonable determination of explorer, and voilà! you get ISTP. Another characteristic of ISTPs is that they are a very mechanical type of people which confirms our guess.

SO THAT'S IT for Guy, everyone! We can move on now...

Nah, we will do it step-by-step as always, in case some people won't read these spoilers. (Yeah, right :rolleyes:)

• Like 2

I'm completely with you on Guy being S. The thing that gives it away for me is his unwillingness to talk about the philosophy of the songs they write for one. Another giveaway is his focus on the past, details, and facts in his interviews, pretty much what you said.

YES!

I'm glad someone decided to mention something I've been thinking about for a while now. :joy: I knew that he was introverted and thinking, and I was fairly sure about observant, so the choice was either a "sentinel" type or "explorer". I went with the very reasonable determination of explorer, and voilà! you get ISTP. Another characteristic of ISTPs is that they are a very mechanical type of people which confirms our guess.

SO THAT'S IT for Guy, everyone! We can move on now...

Nah, we will do it step-by-step as always, in case some people won't read these spoilers. (Yeah, right :rolleyes:)

haha, i know, right? i saw that and i was like, that's it! that's Guy! we're done! :joy:

but it's fun to go letter by letter anyway. gives us more to talk about :P

and... mechanical... yes, almost as if he were a ROBOT :shifty:

• Like 2

haha, i know, right? i saw that and i was like, that's it! that's Guy! we're done! :joy:

but it's fun to go letter by letter anyway. gives us more to talk about :p

and... mechanical... yes, almost as if he were a ROBOT :shifty:

Haha, what I meant by mechanical is interested in the how things work, not that Guy himself is a mechanical device :D

But you of course would rather go with that since it supports your Guy-is-a-robot theory :p

• Like 1

even though we're talking about Guy right now, i just wanted to share this quote with you that i came across in an interview Chris did during the MX era (which you can read here):

Pitchfork: When you named this album Mylo Xyloto, you must’ve known that everyone was going to ask about what it meant.

CM: There’s no actual answer; I’ve given like 18 different answers to that. The truth is I don’t know. It’s like the song “Yellow”, there are just some things where your brain just tells you, and you can’t change it. They just come out really naturally, and when you try and change it, it doesn’t seem right, even though it might make more sense.

what struck me as soon as i read it is when he says, "there are just some things where your brain just tells you, and you can’t change it" and i 100% relate to that. based on our observations, Chris is only different from me by one letter (being an extrovert while i'm introverted) - so i guess i was wondering if any of us other INFPs out there feel this way / have had similar experiences? :p

edit: or any non-INFPs!

even though we're talking about Guy right now, i just wanted to share this quote with you that i came across in an interview Chris did during the MX era (which you can read here):

Pitchfork: When you named this album Mylo Xyloto, you must’ve known that everyone was going to ask about what it meant.

CM: There’s no actual answer; I’ve given like 18 different answers to that. The truth is I don’t know. It’s like the song “Yellow”, there are just some things where your brain just tells you, and you can’t change it. They just come out really naturally, and when you try and change it, it doesn’t seem right, even though it might make more sense.

what struck me as soon as i read it is when he says, "there are just some things where your brain just tells you, and you can’t change it" and i 100% relate to that. based on our observations, Chris is only different from me by one letter (being an extrovert while i'm introverted) - so i guess i was wondering if any of us other INFPs out there feel this way / have had similar experiences? :p

Yes, yes and yes ! I've had those experiences too, especially in creative writing. I write (not so good) poetry, and often a line, or a title, or a word combination drops into my head and it feels 'right', and when you attempt to change it, it doesn't feel right anymore. Or when I write prose and a name for a character just pops into my head and feels right, sometimes I think that's an ugly name and I should change it but it feels off when you do, so I keep it.

In what way can you relate to it, Brooke ?

• Like 1

Yes, yes and yes ! I've had those experiences too, especially in creative writing. I write (not so good) poetry, and often a line, or a title, or a word combination drops into my head and it feels 'right', and when you attempt to change it, it doesn't feel right anymore. Or when I write prose and a name for a character just pops into my head and feels right, sometimes I think that's an ugly name and I should change it but it feels off when you do, so I keep it.

In what way can you relate to it, Brooke ?

i have experienced it in a similar way before, though i think more often for me it's a general sense of intuition, that some piece of information or a certain perspective on something seems to come to me without me having to consciously reach for it, if that makes sense. although i don't like to actively think of myself this way, i can be fairly superstitious sometimes - not so much when it comes to cliche superstitions like spilling salt and breaking mirrors but let's say i definitely understand Chris when he says "some numbers are better than others" :p when i get these thoughts, i don't always know or can explain why and they're not always right in the end, but when i ignore them i tend to see the consequences so i try to acknowledge them more often than not.

it's that feeling... that's probably why the way Chris worded it stood out to me. i get FEELINGS about certain things, but in those cases i always say it's my brain telling me about something or to do something, as if my brain is somehow separate from me :p and frankly even just trying to explain this has me feeling the same way, that instinctively i connect with what Chris is saying but it's hard to explain it :joy:

• Like 2

Wow I'm surprised how far this has gone. But it's great that this thread is continuing. There's little doubt in my mind that Chris is an intuitive. He seems more inclined to not be so "earthbound". His mind seems really in the clouds. I don't know if this was mentioned but typically inuitives tend to have issues with more menial physical tasks I noticed. They can get things done certainly, but since they're so in their own brain sometimes doing "simple" everyday things can be an issue. I don't think this applies to all of them but some of them certainly. I knew someone who was really intelligent and pretty in their own head, but they couldn't cook without causing a massive mess or commotion lol.

I don't know if this is true but did Chris ever try to cook and nearly burn down their house?

I know he can't really drive well either as much as he tries, cause he has that golf cart that runs at five miles an hour. It's a superficial sign of intuition but I couldn't help but notice this lol.

• Like 3

I don't know if this is true but did Chris ever try to cook and nearly burn down their house?

yeah, so bad firefighters had to come to his house because of it :joy:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/coldplay-185-1252045

http://hiddentracks.org/articles/interview/as-it-happened-the-fire-engine-was-going-the-same-way-and-they-said-do-you-want-a-lift/

Wow I'm surprised how far this has gone. But it's great that this thread is continuing. There's little doubt in my mind that Chris is an intuitive. He seems more inclined to not be so "earthbound". His mind seems really in the clouds. I don't know if this was mentioned but typically inuitives tend to have issues with more menial physical tasks I noticed. They can get things done certainly, but since they're so in their own brain sometimes doing "simple" everyday things can be an issue. I don't think this applies to all of them but some of them certainly. I knew someone who was really intelligent and pretty in their own head, but they couldn't cook without causing a massive mess or commotion lol.

I know he can't really drive well either as much as he tries, cause he has that golf cart that runs at five miles an hour. It's a superficial sign of intuition but I couldn't help but notice this lol.

Draco,

You have described me to a "T"! I can survive doing menial tasks like housework only by having my head in the clouds while I am doing them. I think you just gave me an answer to something I've been searching for for the past 11 years: Why it is SOOO hard for me to have to have given up my very conceptual career in Training and Organizational Development due to disability and either not work (and only have housework to do, or some light volunteer work) or work in an administrative capacity. Also, why I continue to be drawn back to my old line of work, always wanting to take on Training Projects and even buying software and learning to design online training with it: It is because I am SO intuitive. I can't stand routine. I put off routine tasks and hate number-related tasks. My husband laughs at me trying to cook, and I get very overwhelmed trying to follow recipe instructions. I bought a sewing machine and have a really hard time following patterns. I try to "picture" how a step looks, which doesn't always match the flat picture or instructions. See, nothing concrete comes easy to me. But I guess that's how we learn, by stretching ourselves to work outside of our comfort zone and style. Sorry for rambling.

Oh, and I had read before where Chris said the fire department had to be called to his house. I hope he has a chef now, but that seems to elaborate for Chris. Maybe Gwyneth sends left-overs, if he'd even still eat that way.

• Like 2

Wow I'm surprised how far this has gone. But it's great that this thread is continuing.

Don't be. This thread will never die as long as I'm alive ;)

Seriously, though, stick around for the rest of Guy and Phil if you want. Then after that we'll type their kids or something. LOL.

Don't be. This thread will never die as long as I'm alive ;)

Seriously, though, stick around for the rest of Guy and Phil if you want. Then after that we'll type their kids or something. LOL.

After the 4/5 guys we should type each other based on our interactions on this forum and check if it corresponds to our test results :P

• Like 1

After the 4/5 guys we should type each other based on our interactions on this forum and check if it corresponds to our test results :p

Yeah, but that's too easy 'cause most of the time we'll be able to get away with guessing INFP :laughing:

What I would potentially want to do is guess Nie's type (shhhhh, don't tell her). She hasn't revealed that yet, so it should be fun. :expressionless:

• Like 1