Coldplay Personalities

guy42

Is Phil judging or prospecting?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Phil judging or prospecting?

• Judging
    • Prospecting
    • Hard to tell

Hm, that's really hard to say...I would think you are maybe slightly more emotionally-driven ??

I don't really know how to phrase this, I also don't want to trod on your or anybody else's foot with the things I say, so if you are interested, Nie and you and me could discuss this more comfortably via PM, probably.

And as we have just seen in the case of guy42, my speculations are sometimes completely wrong ! :D

So what do you think about me ? :p

By the way, have there been any Coldplay-related posts on this forum in the past couple of days ? I have the feeling this forum was swept by a wild flood of funny posts, silly posts, controversial posts, jokes, speculations about other forum members' gender and personalities and threads derailing off-topic. I admit I share a lot of guilt in this too o_O It is time for the AHFOD Tour to resume so that we get back on topic :blush:

Pm would be then. It’s just that I'm curious but I wouldn't have specified if it was true or false :no_mouth:

And about going off topic we've contributed to it as well :joy: let's say it's Coldplay's fault for taking long breaks between tour legs :joy:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as we have just seen in the case of guy42, my speculations are sometimes completely wrong ! :D

Your speculations are ALWAYS wrong. Never, ever trust yourself!! :neutral:

By the way, have there been any Coldplay-related posts on this forum in the past couple of days ? I have the feeling this forum was swept by a wild flood of funny posts, silly posts, controversial posts, jokes, speculations about other forum members' gender and personalities and threads derailing off-topic. I admit I share a lot of guilt in this too o_O It is time for the AHFOD Tour to resume so that we get back on topic :blush:

You all can spam this thread as much as you want. As I said in the first post of this thread, this is my thread and I don't give a damn what you post here. So don't be guilty and welcome to the party! It's a good way to stay busy while nothing Coldplay-related is going on. Also, back in the day I heard some rather crazy things were going on the Lounge threads, so rejoice in the fact that we're not really doing anything extreme. :cool:

Nie and you and me could discuss this more comfortably via PM, probably.

Pm would be then.

Can I be included in that conversation?

Oh dear... [emoji16]

I did that test 3x and 2x I got the INFJ and 1x the ISTJ.

I guess I'm a "in between case" and depending from the point of view, it is either one of those.

Work related I think the ISTJ fits. [emoji4]

But... shouldn't you continue with Guy Berryman? [emoji12]

Ok, I won't bother you anymore, Nie. Maybe we should carry on with Guy.

We have unanimous votes for thinking Guy, so we give him T!

Is Guy judging or prospecting?

@gai

Your speculations are ALWAYS wrong. Never, ever trust yourself!! :neutral:

Lol, that sounds like a demotivational message straight out of the Grumpy Cat calendar...

But it's true, compared to the Lounge and what I've heard about it, I think we are all really tame :D

Lol, that sounds like a demotivational message straight out of the Grumpy Cat calendar...

But it's true, compared to the Lounge and what I've heard about it, I think we are all really tame :D

Yeah, surprized me too! I want in on the PM too

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Ok, everyone, Guy gets the personality ISTP! The nickname for this personality is "virtuoso", how appropriate :)

Let's move on to Phil Harvey. Warning - this might be a bit difficult, but there's nothing that Coldplayers working together can't do, so here we go!

Is Phil introverted or extroverted?

@gai

I get the feeling that he would have to be extroverted because didn't he reach out to the band? And put a lot of effort into trying to improve their music and make them become well known? Like it seems like he is a pretty out there, leader kinda guy. But I don't really know anything at all :P

I get the feeling that he would have to be extroverted because didn't he reach out to the band? And put a lot of effort into trying to improve their music and make them become well known? Like it seems like he is a pretty out there, leader kinda guy. But I don't really know anything at all :p

i agree with what you're saying, but that doesn't necessarily indicate extrovertedness

i could see this going either way...

maybe some good resources for Phil

https://www.coldplaying.com/exclusive-interview-with-coldplays-fifth-member-and-creative-director-phil-harvey/

• Like 1

i want to say observant. i have nothing to back up this claim though :p

I want to say intuitvie because in the interview you posted he talked about how he and Chris had wild dreams about being in a band, etc. Also Phil is now a clinical psychologist (?) and from my experience observants don't really like this field :P.

Oh, and he's also called the CREATIVE director which is a word that describes an intuitive (most of the time, anyway, I think). But let me know if I'm missing something important...

I want to say intuitvie because in the interview you posted he talked about how he and Chris had wild dreams about being in a band, etc. Also Phil is now a clinical psychologist (?) and from my experience observants don't really like this field :p.

Oh, and he's also called the CREATIVE director which is a word that describes an intuitive (most of the time, anyway, I think). But let me know if I'm missing something important...

you make a good point. i think maybe i'm mixing up these and the last two letters. there seems to be a closeness between those two sets, but an important distinction :P

• 2 months later...

So it's been 2 months... lol. Let's get back to this. We're looking at Phil Harvey. I think he is intuitive, so I'll cast my vote for that. Phil gets an N!

Is Phil thinking or feeling?

@gai

(Remember, go back to the definitions in the first post if you forget what they mean.)

I don't know much about Phil. Although it's interesting to hear that he's a clinical psychologist. And a sensor can be a creative director, certainly they would have to tap into their intuition in some way, but as long as they are very observant, remain open minded to take in ALL the details of their environment and formulate ideas based on that they can be creative. Sensors would have to mix and match and deal with a lot more trial and error when it comes to connecting concrete details and ideas, but they can do it. Intuitives, especially those like xNxJs have a tendency to just kinda simplify things to their most abstract forms to form some kind of model of the idea and work off of that. It's like treading waters vs diving. And I think an even better analogy would be one that I've heard about making maps. To make their map a generalized sensor would be more inclined to just look around and draw out whatever they can see. When they've explored the entire area is when they get their whole map done. An intuitive might get an idea of what the area looks like through some kind of extrapolation before they even walk through the area. Then they confirm their original "big picture" thoughts and hunches and build the rest of their map off the details they see. A sensor can be creative but creativity might require a lot more research and absorption of details before they jump into creating ideas and formulating theories.

I think I just rambled sorry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know much about Phil. Although it's interesting to hear that he's a clinical psychologist. And a sensor can be a creative director, certainly they would have to tap into their intuition in some way, but as long as they are very observant, remain open minded to take in ALL the details of their environment and formulate ideas based on that they can be creative. Sensors would have to mix and match and deal with a lot more trial and error when it comes to connecting concrete details and ideas, but they can do it. Intuitives, especially those like xNxJs have a tendency to just kinda simplify things to their most abstract forms to form some kind of model of the idea and work off of that. It's like treading waters vs diving. And I think an even better analogy would be one that I've heard about making maps. To make their map a generalized sensor would be more inclined to just look around and draw out whatever they can see. When they've explored the entire area is when they get their whole map done. An intuitive might get an idea of what the area looks like through some kind of extrapolation before they even walk through the area. Then they confirm their original "big picture" thoughts and hunches and build the rest of their map off the details they see. A sensor can be creative but creativity might require a lot more research and absorption of details before they jump into creating ideas and formulating theories.

I think I just rambled sorry

Holy crap I think the analogy is spot on... I also think it's cool that you being an ISFJ like to talk about this. (The ISFJs in my life don't like to discuss this at length. Actually they don't talk much at all lmao.)

Well it's interesting that two people have voted for Phil being a thinker. I'm pretty sure he's a feeler. Listen to 30:03-30:30 when he says Marcus Dravs is a "lovely, cuddly headmaster"; think about whether a thinker would say such a thing :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=PqunkS7XHXk;m=30;s=3

• Like 1

Holy crap I think the analogy is spot on... I also think it's cool that you being an ISFJ like to talk about this. (The ISFJs in my life don't like to discuss this at length. Actually they don't talk much at all lmao.)

Well it's interesting that two people have voted for Phil being a thinker. I'm pretty sure he's a feeler. Listen to 30:03-30:30 when he says Marcus Dravs is a "lovely, cuddly headmaster"; think about whether a thinker would say such a thing :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=PqunkS7XHXk;m=30;s=3

I didn't watch the entire thing but he seems like a feeler. In my opinion. When they asked him what makes for a good manager he mentioned communication and trust as the first and important thing. I'm sure those are important to a thinker as well but feelers (especially extroverted feelers) take priority in establishing connections before working to feel comfortable. There was also a point where he mentioned feeling miserable and lonely being stuck in an office (I think?) to work for days. If only we could see Phil and the rest of the band if the camera wasn't on them. We would really know who they were. But then again I don't want to bother them lol

I didn't watch the entire thing but he seems like a feeler. In my opinion. When they asked him what makes for a good manager he mentioned communication and trust as the first and important thing. I'm sure those are important to a thinker as well but feelers (especially extroverted feelers) take priority in establishing connections before working to feel comfortable. There was also a point where he mentioned feeling miserable and lonely being stuck in an office (I think?) to work for days. If only we could see Phil and the rest of the band if the camera wasn't on them. We would really know who they were. But then again I don't want to bother them lol

Totally agree, you should vote then :)

I think Phil is a J. The interview posted above seems to show that he values clarity and predictability because he answers questions with a fairly direct answer. Maybe you P's can tell me if this isn't the case.

Hmm... well he could be an ExFJ (I noticed you didn't really decide on the N vs S situation) if he focuses on having a sense of community and trying to guide the band along I guess. ExFPs can do this too, but they have a greater sense of kicking back and saying "do whatever you want man" but when the time comes when they need to really work they can push the team too and get things done. ExFJs may be a little less open to new ideas (not always the case, mainly if their intuition is strong like an N) unless it's presented in a particular way to them, but overall they have more of a "it's my way or the highway" mentality, but will be willing to negotiate. It's pretty hard for me to tell to be honest from just this interview. Seeing him in action would be best, but managers tend to be more likely to be Js, I would think.

Hmm... well he could be an ExFJ (I noticed you didn't really decide on the N vs S situation) if he focuses on having a sense of community and trying to guide the band along I guess. ExFPs can do this too, but they have a greater sense of kicking back and saying "do whatever you want man" but when the time comes when they need to really work they can push the team too and get things done. ExFJs may be a little less open to new ideas (not always the case, mainly if their intuition is strong like an N) unless it's presented in a particular way to them, but overall they have more of a "it's my way or the highway" mentality, but will be willing to negotiate. It's pretty hard for me to tell to be honest from just this interview. Seeing him in action would be best, but managers tend to be more likely to be Js, I would think.

i agree, it's a little hard to tell from just this interview if he's a J or a P, but what gives me that sense that he's a J is that he seems really comfortable with predictability and closure in his responses to the questions. Like I noticed that when he doesn't really know the answer to a question, he still diligently seeks clarity instead of just being chill and letting it go... But then again I'm not certain about this decision. It may have seemed that I wasn't sure about the N vs. S situation but I'm actually more confident about N vs. S than P vs. J.

I'm leaning toward ENFJ. The other likely options are ESFJ, ESFP, and ENFP; a little research into these types may reveal which one belongs to him. Here is how I would rate the likelihood of each: ENFJ > ENFP > ESFJ > ESFP.

There's a chance that he's an ENFP, of course, but I think his ENFP "silliness" comes from being friends with Chris for a long time :p

Also, I just read that ESFJs can be good managers as well, so I'm not really sure... I'm stuck between ENFJ and ESFJ...

Edit: Here's another video that may help:

Also this:

Sensing:

1. 65% of American population.
  2. Have clear, straightforward speech patterns.
  3. Have sequential thoughts - one follows the next
  4. Are more literal; use facts and real examples
  5. Use language as a tool
  6. Are more aware of their bodies
  7. Are more attracted to jobs that require practicality
  8. Are less likely to have a graduate degree
  9. Often prefer reading non-fiction
  10. Are direct and to the point
  11. Include details and facts
  12. Remember the past accurately
  13. Tend to listen until others complete their whole thought

Intuitives:

1. Are about 35% of the population.
  2. Have complex speech patterns.
  3. Have roundabout thoughts - leap from one to the next.
  4. Are more figurative; use analogies and metaphors
  5. Use language to express themselves
  6. Are more in their heads
  7. Are more attracted to jobs that involve creativity
  8. Are more likely to have graduate degree(s)
  9. Often prefer reading fiction
  10. Repeat themselves, recap, and rephrase
  11. Talk about global issues; the Big Picture
  12. Envision the future
  13. Tend to finish others' sentences

Taken from: The Art of SpeedReading People by Paul D. Tieger & Barbara Barron-Tieger

If we compare ENFJ vs. ESFJ, then based on #3, Phil is more intuitive.

• Like 1