✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MP9000 Sampling

fuzzyman20

Hello everybody,

I know a lot of you are waiting for these samples, but I've had a lot of work lately and it has been impossible for me to work on this. The work is half way done, but is currently on hiatus. Still, im going to try to finish this as soon as possible to share it all of you.

I also know many of you bought a MP9000, but for those who are waiting for these samples, Im gonna try giving you guys some help with the Kawai Ex Pro Samples.

It is possible to make the Ex Pro sound like a MP9000!!!

I use some Waves plug ins to get the right sound and some other plug ins. The C6, which gives some visual feedback of the sound, the H EQ, the CLA-76, the Eventide UltraReverb to give the sound some brightness and a solid reverb and for the main mix I use a SSL G-EQ and the SSL G-Master Buss Compressor , with some general EQ.. You just need to tweak the plug ins for a while and soon you ll get a nice coldplay sound!

Hope this help you guys to shape the sound of the samples to get a perfect Coldplay sound!

Kawai Ex Pro (with a different visual) :

jvSVn7A.png

The H EQ:

K2qUqnc.jpg

The C6:

MLUO47u.jpg

The SSL G-MASTER BUSS COMPRESSOR:

OklhBWi.jpg

THE SSL G-EQ:

waves_ssl_eq_stereo.jpg

THE CLA-76:

cla-76-compressor-limiter-bluey.jpg

The Eventide UltraReverb:

419677d1410816544-eventide-ultrareverb-plug-now-available-plus-intro-price-ultrareverb-lg.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
Has anybody tried doing all that with Logic's native plugins?

Not yet but I will be over the next few weeks. I play in Coldplay tribute band Coldplace and we already use the Kawai EX Pro samples through Mainstage. Interestingly though, we were using a different sample set - the "player" ones I think. Fuzzyman has suggested to use the Rim/Side samples. There are definitely some strange overtones in the player samples that are really prominent on certain chords/notes. I'm hoping the rim/side samples are a bit more even. We probably wont put any reverb on for live use as the FOH soundguy usually likes to have the signal dry to add their own reverb depending on the venue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I'm working on this but I just can't find a free Eventide Ultrareverb on the net or torrents unfortunately...

You can use other reverbs... It was just a suggestion... I use the Eventide, but you can try other ones..

You can try the H-Reverb Hybrid Reverb or the TrueVerb reverb

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You gotta adjust the levels, you are going in too hot into those plugins (too much volume).

- try lowering the pre fx volume of the piano track

- both the ssl plugins should go in the mix bus not directly on the track

- Adjust the thresholds in the compressors so you don't compress too much, look at the gain reduction meter, I would say not to compress more than 5 to 10 dbs, in this case on the cla-76.

- Same for the mix bus SSL compressor, I wouldn't compress more than 3db on that.

- If you see a red light on the volume you are clipping and it shouldn't sound very good since this is in a digital environment

- For the reverb, its better to create a separate track with just the reverb, leave it at 100% wet and send the piano track signal to that track and adjust the volume of the reverb track for how much reverb you want.

Good to learn a bit of mixing on youtube if you get confused with these stuff.

• 2 months later...
You gotta adjust the levels, you are going in too hot into those plugins (too much volume).

- try lowering the pre fx volume of the piano track

- both the ssl plugins should go in the mix bus not directly on the track

- Adjust the thresholds in the compressors so you don't compress too much, look at the gain reduction meter, I would say not to compress more than 5 to 10 dbs, in this case on the cla-76.

- Same for the mix bus SSL compressor, I wouldn't compress more than 3db on that.

- If you see a red light on the volume you are clipping and it shouldn't sound very good since this is in a digital environment

- For the reverb, its better to create a separate track with just the reverb, leave it at 100% wet and send the piano track signal to that track and adjust the volume of the reverb track for how much reverb you want.

Good to learn a bit of mixing on youtube if you get confused with these stuff.

Thanks, well i was doing some stupid things, but everything went well! Thanks for your help.

Is there any way to get the samples?

Do you want the Kawai EX PRO Samples or the Kawai MP9000? I have the first one.

• 2 months later...
I use some Waves plug ins to get the right sound and some other plug ins. The C6, which gives some visual feedback of the sound, the H EQ, the CLA-76, the Eventide UltraReverb to give the sound some brightness and a solid reverb and for the main mix I use a SSL G-EQ and the SSL G-Master Buss Compressor , with some general EQ.. You just need t

Thanks, well i was doing some stupid things, but everything went well! Thanks for your help.

Do you want the Kawai EX PRO Samples or the Kawai MP9000? I have the first one.

Can you please send me those samples too? I'm doing a tribute to coldplay for my junior recital. [email protected]

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a midi keyboard but I only have GarageBand (computer) and ableton live lite....

Could someone help me to get this sound?

I’m a big fan of Coldplay and I love doing their covers but I can’t get the right sound

I’m afraid I’m too late....

But if anyone is there can yo u send me the files or something else to help me???