• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gitta Rensolo

• Bright

• Lore

• mc_squared

Awww .. thanks so much :)

Yep, the WC was simply amazing and being part of it felt so very good but yet strange.

When it was over, there was a huge part missing in my everyday life ... :(

The good thing about being a volunteer was that my operational area was the stadium where the matches took place :)

So I was able to catch the whole spirit and atmosphere as we were right in the middle of everything :)

I don't want to miss this experience :smug:

I was a volunteer at the European Championship. My job wasn't great but nothing beats watching the matches for free. I got to know nice people and we received a lot of gifts from Adidas.

I was a volunteer at the European Championship. My job wasn't great but nothing beats watching the matches for free. I got to know nice people and we received a lot of gifts from Adidas.

So where were you located? At which city did you 'serve' :laugh3:

After the WC we could keep all the clothes and the shoes, the special bag and we got a Casio G-Shock watch as a special Thank You.

The watches were exclusively manufactured for the Volunteers only, but since there were some thousand volunteers in each city, it isn't such a limited edition anyway ... :laugh3: :D

I was quite lucky as well, as I was able to see all the 5 matches in Hamburg nearly from start to finish, though that wasn't my aim to become a volunteer.

It was made clear at the interview that people who only applied because of being able to watch the games without going through the hassle of getting tickets had definately the wrong intention ...

Funnily I wasn't interested in soccer at all, as I am more into American Football :)