• Replies 57.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gitta Rensolo

• Bright

• Lore

• mc_squared

The funny thing is that I laugh at most of the stuff Nathan says cause I know he's either:

a) being seeeeeriously sarcastic

or b) reading what someone has written and thinking "wow they come across bad, let's point it out".

That's how Nathan works. He's very blunt with things. I'm pretty sure he'd jump on me if I said something that he could point out, just cause it's what he doesssss.

Just live with it, don't take the insults seriously. He doesn't spend a moment outside of Coldplaying thinking about how someone on here is a "fucking idiot" or whatever, so you shouldn't wander around worrying about his insults.

I'll be honest, I've been around this board for ages and at least it makes me laugh, the drama over how he takes the piss out of people, cause this Lounge is nothing without a few certain people.

Well said Jack.

Alot of people just don't get people like Nathan. Its why some people couldn't stand Reilly...or why some people don't like Mark...etc.

Nobody should work up a huge sweat over people who we know don't mean harm..they're just being sarcastic.

Thats why if Nathan makes a sarcastic remark, I just make another one back and it doesn't phase me, and I'm quite sure it doesn't phase him.

briggins, you're pretty popular here and it's cause you know how to mix with a lot of different personalities.

that makes you more compatible with nathan than a lot of the sensitive people on here.

The only times I legitimately get pissed off at people on here are when they insult somebodys personal appearance or character.

Sarcasm however makes me laugh.

I could mix if I wanted to, it's just not as much fun :D

Yeah briggins I enjoyed that little sarcasm session the other night, it's not often people actually respond well to me

Its so funny when you make anti-coldplay comments around here.

Internet reactions are hilarious.

How can you tell it's sarcasm? can i hear your tone of voice? see a gesture that gives it away? a body move maybe? No, its the internet so when you are sarcastic online with people you haven't met in real life or aren't even friends with online ,they'll take it literally , say whatever you want but that's how it is.

Reilly on the other hand was he best at it but he was classy and just used his sarcastic card whe it was very obvious or with people he used to talk on a regular basis online.Man, i wish he was back.

How can you tell it's sarcasm? can i hear your tone of voice? see a gesture that gives it away? a body move maybe? No, its the internet so when you are sarcastic online with people you haven't met in real life or aren't even friends with online ,they'll take it literally , say whatever you want but that's how it is.

Reilly on the other hand was he best at it but he was classy and just used his sarcastic card whe it was very obvious or with people he used to talk on a regular basis online

Man, i wish he was back.

same here.

Well, apparently they don't know him like you do and feel offended by some comments.It's not the same if for example I saw my brother posting here and being totally scarcastic, I'd know he's having a kick out of it irl but people who just talked to him once online will think he's just being an ass, know what i mean? I'm suggesting people to use the ignore button in this case cos there are a few complains out there, can't blame them for that and yeah maybe they're a way to sensitive but i guess people don't want to be insulted ( in a sarcastic way or not ) online cos they have enough problems irl to have some more in the virtual world and our job is to keep a friendly environment.

Personally, i don't take anything online seriously but that doesn't mean i have to tolerate names calling ( if its towards me that is) so i never hold back when i reply , it amuses me actually and have a major kick out of it irl but i can't speak for the others. So please try to calm down people and lets try to get along :)

^ :lol: Nice one Jack.

Well, apparently they don't know him like you do and feel offended by some comments.It's not the same if for example I saw my brother posting here and being totally scarcastic, I'd know he's having a kick out of it irl but people who just talked to him once online will think he's just being an ass, know what i mean? I'm suggesting people to use the ignore button in this case cos there are a few complains out there, can't blame them for that and yeah maybe they're a way to sensitive but i guess people don't want to be insulted ( in a sarcastic way or not ) online cos they have enough problems irl to have some more in the virtual world and our job is to keep a friendly environment.

Personally, i don't take anything online seriously but that doesn't mean i have to tolerate names calling ( if its towards me that is) so i never hold back when i reply , it amuses me actually and have a major kick out of it irl but i can't speak for the others. So please try to calm down people and lets try to get along :)

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying Ren.

And I think I've told people here before if they're annoyed thats what the ignore button is for.

haha, i most certainly agree about this board being filled with really sensitive people. to me, it's an online forum and i'm not going to take anything seriously. i do wish that everyone else would see that too sometimes. i feel like i know nathan's not actually an asshole, he's just messing with people. if you look, lots of times he says things of worth.

for me, the difference is in knowing that things i say could offend people. i know not everyone thinks the same way, but i just don't like ruffling feathers, which is why i try my hardest not to, even when i think people are way too sensitive and take things way too seriously. some people don't care. it's less about doing away with the people that bother you and more about handling it in an appropriate way: using "ignore," not responding back, or responding back like briggs does. we're never going to make the people that people seem to have issues with into lovey-dovey coldplayers, so why try? i say handle it yourself by ignoring or not letting it affect you (its a FORUM, people, not a household), or actually look for the humor in it. usually there is humor in it, too.

[/butting in]

haha, i most certainly agree about this board being filled with really sensitive people. to me, it's an online forum and i'm not going to take anything seriously. i do wish that everyone else would see that too sometimes. i feel like i know nathan's not actually an asshole, he's just messing with people. if you look, lots of times he says things of worth.

for me, the difference is in knowing that things i say could offend people. i know not everyone thinks the same way, but i just don't like ruffling feathers, which is why i try my hardest not to, even when i think people are way too sensitive and take things way too seriously. some people don't care. it's less about doing away with the people that bother you and more about handling it in an appropriate way: using "ignore," not responding back, or responding back like briggs does. we're never going to make the people that people seem to have issues with into lovey-dovey coldplayers, so why try? i say handle it yourself by ignoring or not letting it affect you (its a FORUM, people, not a household), or actually look for the humor in it. usually there is humor in it, too.

[/butting in]

That's a good way to see it unfortunately not everyone is gonna think the same way you do. And yeah it's a forum but we have rules. Insulting other members (sarcastic or not)shouldn't be considered "humour" ,that's why i'm encouraging people to use the ignore button to avoid all the drama otherwise the complains are gonna go straight to the admins and they have the last word. I agree about people being too sensitive but hey its a coldplay board after all haha.