✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I found Coldplay’s current piano sound (AHFOD tour)

fexxi

I am pretty certain that i found coldplay’s current piano sound that they’ve been using since 2016 (?).

The stopped using the MP9000 sound and switched to a more acoustic, organic sound. I am aware of the fact that their current piano is a hybrid piano so they could be using the actual sound. However, a few days ago I bought a Kawai MP11SE which I think has some of the same built-in sounds their Kawai K300 has as well. By accident, I started messing around with the Pop Piano sound ‘EX Studio Grand’ and it sounds exactly like the piano when playing The Scientist (comparing to the BBC1 music festival performance) or Christmas Lights (comparing to the Spotify sessions version). Everglow also sounds pretty similar.

I’ll post some sound demos tomorrow.

• Like 9

Sounds like a match to me. I’ve been messing with the Kawai mp9500 to try and get close to the newer sound. I try mix the original sound with the rock piano and it sounds pretty decent. I’ll have to post a demo when I have the chance. The MP11 sounds so good

Glad you like it!

I learned most parts of Everglow by ear. Additionally, I watched some videos where you could see which keys Chris is pressing (e. g. the performance on the Graham Norton chat show). I think the intro is 100% accurate but I’m still trying to figure out the piano solo part after the first chorus.

I’ll have to post a demo when I have the chance. The MP11 sounds so good

Please do! The SE does indeed sound fantastic. Especially the other three acoustic grand piano sounds. It’s like sitting at a real grand.

Glad you like it!

I learned most parts of Everglow by ear. Additionally, I watched some videos where you could see which keys Chris is pressing (e. g. the performance on the Graham Norton chat show). I think the intro is 100% accurate but I’m still trying to figure out the piano solo part after the first chorus.

Cool, I'll definitely check that out. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

Sounds good! [emoji106]May I ask where you learned Everglow? I have tried to learn it from various sources, but it just doesn't sound right. Trying to finish it up so I can put out a lesson, and the way you play it sound really accurate!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

A little Preview! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4mjAR9_0pQ

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/T4mjAR9_0pQ

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/fnYZYtDldmI

• Like 1