✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Today I have learned...

yoyo2000

After all those informative spammers and informative threads, we real users should share our random discoveries of the day in order to learn more unnecessary things.

Today I have learned about the last 48 hours of a 5000 year old frozen man named Ötzi found in Austria.

In 2001 X-rays and a CT scan revealed that Ötzi had an arrowhead lodged in his left shoulder when he died, and a matching small tear on his coat. The discovery of the arrowhead prompted researchers to theorize Ötzi died of blood loss from the wound, which would probably have been fatal even if modern medical techniques had been available.

• Like 6

After all those informative spammers and informative threads, we real users should share our random discoveries of the day in order to learn more unnecessary things.

That's a great idea! I really like this one. I actually can't wait to read the others' posts to learn something new. :D

As for me, today I have learnt that UN is an organization that has been trying to maintain world peace and prevent world conflicts and wars from happening. (I seriously had no idea that UN also actually did this.) It shouldn't be surprising that UN does its best to cultivate and deepen relations between the nations. And lastly, this organization has already been functioning since 1945. (What a long time it has been around!)

• Like 4

Wow these are interesting!

Today in my calculus class we started learning about integrals, which can be used to find the area under a curve. Maybe I'd add more here if I understood it better..

Ah, the simple days of Calc 1.

The kind of math I learned today was how to solve for all residue classes x(mod n) that satisfy polynomials.

• Like 1

Wow these are interesting!

Today in my calculus class we started learning about integrals, which can be used to find the area under a curve. Maybe I'd add more here if I understood it better..

I've done this a month before! This is very useful and not as difficult as it seems first.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Today I have learned how to properly use mixed conditionals. (Finally!) By the way, do English native speakers use mixed conditionals a lot when they write or speak?
I had to Google what mixed conditionals are haha. I use them, but I wouldn't say I use them a lot.
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...