The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snow Patrol and DJing don't seem to fit in the same sentence. :|

But it's great to know just how talented they are. :wacko:

Yeah, you didn't imagine them as DJ, but if you listen to the first 2 records, it's also far from what they do now...

The man in action (sorry, the video is kinda shitty)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49AMkT61PBg]YouTube - snow patrol / gary lightbody dj set edinburgh[/ame]

The Lightbody is dah hooOOouseeee :cool4:

Yeah, you didn't imagine them as DJ, but if you listen to the first 2 records, it's also far from what they do now...

The man in action (sorry, the video is kinda shitty)

The Lightbody is dah hooOOouseeee :cool4:

Yeah, some of the songs on Up To Now that are from their earlier records are different.

But I prefer An Olive Grove Facing The Sea, the first version. And his voice back then was also different, I like it too.

Whoaaa. :wacko: He's really talented.

Yeah, some of the songs on Up To Now that are from their earlier records are different.

But I prefer An Olive Grove Facing The Sea, the first version. And his voice back then was also different, I like it too.

Whoaaa. :wacko: He's really talented.

same here!! i prefer the original version!

I kinda like the second album album actually, too bad, i can't find it here :(

haha...yup, it's in Temple Bar. i was staying in the hostel just opposite of that wall! :)

Gary likes to put them on to get the party started when he's DJing too...great taste! as always!

i think it's pretty cool that the SP guys dabble with electronic music a lot outside of SP. & they're more into stuff with funk & soul beats in them...the good stuff. :cool:

Cut La Roc feat. Gary Lightbody - Fallen

& from the extended SP family... :)

*lol* yeah! that story's hilarious the way Gary tells it! must've been quite a weird/funny moment...even Nathan's laughing thinking about it.

haha...was thinking his hair looked funny too! but it's a lovely photo still! "d'awww"-worthy. :wacky:

love the Japan tour diary too! they looked like they were really having fun out & about in Tokyo...taking their underground train & having sushi & all.

they were playing at the same festival as my fave Japanese indie rock band too! :D

yeah!!! :dance:

what do you mean i don't love you?

i am standing here, aren't i?

is there a t-shirt i can wear?

cause i'm soaking, look at me

:lol:

I love how gary describe when those japanese look with surprise by his height! It's really funny. :laugh3:

I know the song but i don't know he's dj too! wow :rolleyes:

i got the link, i'm looking the album actually, but i think it's not sell in Malaysia :(

Yeah, I haven't seen it too. You could try Rock Corner at Mid Valley, they might have it (can't guarantee though). Or you could place an order for it, also at Rock Corner.

Yeah, I haven't seen it too. You could try Rock Corner at Mid Valley, they might have it (can't guarantee though). Or you could place an order for it, also at Rock Corner.

i did ask them if they could place an order for me, and they said no :(

Maybe and it's too long ago and back then, they are not so popular here.

Praying that they will come have a gig here :thinking:

i did ask them if they could place an order for me, and they said no :(

Maybe and it's too long ago and back then, they are not so popular here.

Praying that they will come have a gig here :thinking:

They said no? WTF? LOL, I thought it's allowed. :thinking: I placed an order once, but I got no reply, so I guessed what I ordered for was unavailable.

Yeah.

I hope they do. Not anytime soon, I suppose.

They said no? WTF? LOL, I thought it's allowed. :thinking: I placed an order once, but I got no reply, so I guessed what I ordered for was unavailable.

Yeah.

I hope they do. Not anytime soon, I suppose.

what album u ordered? I remember last time i cant tired pony album too in rock corner, and the sales person answer me with a weird look ~ i never heard this group before~:stunned:

what album u ordered? I remember last time i cant tired pony album too in rock corner, and the sales person answer me with a weird look ~ i never heard this group before~:stunned:

I ordered the 2 in 1 Gorillaz album, but perhaps it was out of stock so they could not fulfill my order.

LOL, Tired Pony isn't that famous here. Wait a while more, it might be released here. If Arcade Fire's The Suburbs can be found here, I'm sure Tired Pony's self debut can be found.

Unless the music stores are being retarded again. :shifty:

I ordered the 2 in 1 Gorillaz album, but perhaps it was out of stock so they could not fulfill my order.

LOL, Tired Pony isn't that famous here. Wait a while more, it might be released here. If Arcade Fire's The Suburbs can be found here, I'm sure Tired Pony's self debut can be found.

Unless the music stores are being retarded again. :shifty:

Yeah, i know. I just ask my friend helped me buy in singapore. hehe... :rolleyes:

Just found this video, funny! gary was pretty good at it. :laugh3::laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBXZSUsn5v4&feature=related]YouTube - Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody vs Gladiators[/ame]

Yeah but they chose the more 'accessible' ones, that sounds like the most to their actual stuff.... The songs of the first two records are more 'different' IMO with songs like:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9kkCineiWE]YouTube - Snow Patrol - When You're Right, You're Right[/ame]

or..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bynVFApbMxU]YouTube - Snow Patrol-Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool[/ame]

or even...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uF2j-fTUk]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Talk To The Trees[/ame]

Quite different from their 'sound' now...and the lyrics are more 'violent' too' towards his exs... :lol:

I kinda like the second album album actually, too bad, i can't find it here :(

Order them on Play.com or amazon ;) They have it and it's cheaper!

I love how gary describe when those japanese look with surprise by his height! It's really funny. :laugh3:

Actually I had kinda the same look (well inside) the first time I spoke to him :laugh3: My first though was 'wouaah, he's really that tall...' Then I noticed the big blue eyes and killer smile and my brain froze :dead:

Haaaaa I love that vid, never got tired of it! It's so funny :lol:

Yeah but they chose the more 'accessible' ones, that sounds like the most to their actual stuff.... The songs of the first two records are more 'different' IMO with songs like:

YouTube - Snow Patrol - When You're Right, You're Right

or..

YouTube - Snow Patrol-Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool

or even...

YouTube - Snow Patrol - Talk To The Trees

Quite different from their 'sound' now...and the lyrics are more 'violent' too' towards his exs... :lol:

Order them on Play.com or amazon ;) They have it and it's cheaper!

Actually I had kinda the same look (well inside) the first time I spoke to him :laugh3: My first though was 'wouaah, he's really that tall...' Then I noticed the big blue eyes and killer smile and my brain froze :dead:

Haaaaa I love that vid, never got tired of it! It's so funny :lol:

his height about 190cm? i guess if i stand beside him, only reach his shoulder height? like a giant for me, I'm too tiny :laugh3::laugh3:

I didn't realize he has blue yes until when u guys mentioned it! if i ever meet him with his big blue eyes starring, i don't think I'm able to speak like an adult! :D:D

Thanks for the info, i will take a look in play.com ;)

his height about 190cm? i guess if i stand beside him, only reach his shoulder height? like a giant for me, I'm too tiny :laugh3::laugh3:

He's 1m93 (?) and I'm 1m50 so each time he had to bend over :laugh3: but I'm a little bit under his shoulder

p1030864pola.jpg

I didn't realize he has blue yes until when u guys mentioned it!

I knew they were but not that blue...it's pretty impressiv!

Thanks for the info, i will take a look in play.com ;)

You're welcome :) I love this site!

His eyes are blue? :surprised:

LOLOL!

When did Mark leave the band?

He's 1m93 (?) and I'm 1m50 so each time he had to bend over :laugh3: but I'm a little bit under his shoulder

p1030864pola.jpg

That's you? :wacko: You look so pretty!

You're very lucky. :P

His eyes are blue? :surprised:

Come on girls?!!! You hadn't notice that?!!

Gary+Lightbody+5.jpg

(He has a little bit of brown in it actually...)

LOLOL!

When did Mark leave the band?

Just before the recording of Eyes Open, so 2005... :thinking:

That's you? :wacko: You look so pretty!

You're very lucky. :P

Yep, that's me ^^ But the man next to me is far 'prettier' :rolleyes: and I know my luck, believe me!! But it's easy to met him after gigs, the boys always come out to greet fans and chat (except for festivals)...not like certain bands *coughKOLcough*

Come on girls?!!! You hadn't notice that?!!

Gary+Lightbody+5.jpg

(He has a little bit of brown in it actually...)

:drunk:

It's like a mixture, not pure blue. But it's still sexay. :charming:

Just before the recording of Eyes Open, so 2005... :thinking:

Oh. Lulz to him.

not like certain bands *coughKOLcough*[/size]

:laugh3: He sounds so nice! SP sounds really interactive with their fans. :wacko:

I hope they come here someday! And it better be at the right timing, I have a major exam next year. :worried:

You mean Kings of Leon? :thinking:

Are SP more interactive than Coldplay with their fans? Lulz.

Sometimes I think I keep finding the faults in Coldplay. :|

:laugh3: He sounds so nice! SP sounds really interactive with their fans. :wacko:

Yeah they are ^^ On and off stage.

Are SP more interactive than Coldplay with their fans? Lulz.

Sometimes I think I keep finding the faults in Coldplay. :|

I would say yes... :shrug: SP are more interactiv but it's different... :thinking: I mean Coldplay are pretty accessible when you have the chance to bump into them (see all the fans, again recently Anna and Imke, who happened to saw them, they are nice and adorable with fans). They didn't come out after gigs but like Matt McGinn explained in his book: because they have a plane to catch to go to the next gig. It's not like they don't want to see fans. SP plays smaller venues (except in nothern Ireland XD), they have time afterwards ^^ Plus, they aren't as mediatised as Coldplay, so they go unoticed in public places.

As for the attitude on stage, again, it's different... Chris is an excellent frontman, very easy going and funny. I think he connects well with the audience but it stays pretty punctual. On the contrary, Gary puts a 'comedy act' almost between each song XD He chit-chat a lot of nonsense which leads to audience cracking up -> which leads to all kinda of crazy reaction from the crowd and Gary'feed' on that. SP gig are a funny 'mess' because it's really spontaneous...Coldplay 'behave' more.. :lol:

I dunno how the others here feel it...?! But I guess that not having fans for a decade really humble SP and now that they finaaaally have fans, they really treasure them :)

You mean Kings of Leon? :thinking:

Yeah, I meant KINGS OF LEON....(and I love them deeply, but their attitude on stage or off is just :facepalm: )

Yeah they are ^^ On and off stage.

I would say yes... :shrug: SP are more interactiv but it's different... :thinking: I mean Coldplay are pretty accessible when you have the chance to bump into them (see all the fans, again recently Anna and Imke, who happened to saw them, they are nice and adorable with fans). They didn't come out after gigs but like Matt McGinn explained in his book: because they have a plane to catch to go to the next gig. It's not like they don't want to see fans. SP plays smaller venues (except in nothern Ireland XD), they have time afterwards ^^ Plus, they aren't as mediatised as Coldplay, so they go unoticed in public places.

As for the attitude on stage, again, it's different... Chris is an excellent frontman, very easy going and funny. I think he connects well with the audience but it stays pretty punctual. On the contrary, Gary puts a 'comedy act' almost between each song XD He chit-chat a lot of nonsense which leads to audience cracking up -> which leads to all kinda of crazy reaction from the crowd and Gary'feed' on that. SP gig are a funny 'mess' because it's really spontaneous...Coldplay 'behave' more.. :lol:

I dunno how the others here feel it...?! But I guess that not having fans for a decade really humble SP and now that they finaaaally have fans, they really treasure them :)

Coldplay leaves immediately after a gig to catch a plane? Whutttttt. That's so tiring!

Yeah, Coldplay is kinda famous, compared to SP, so SP can definitely act more wildly, if they want to.

Well, judging by what you said, SP seems more 'loose', while Coldplay is more 'tied up'...? :lol:

It's so nice of SP to treat their fans so casually. :wacko:

Yeah, I meant KINGS OF LEON....(and I love them deeply, but their attitude on stage or off is just :facepalm: )

How are they on stage? I'm not a big fan of them, but I do know they're getting bigger and bigger. :\

Coldplay leaves immediately after a gig to catch a plane? Whutttttt. That's so tiring!

Yep most of the time... ^^ So it's not they don't want to be with their fans, it's just they can't !

Well, judging by what you said, SP seems more 'loose', while Coldplay is more 'tied up'...? :lol:

Yes and no... XD I mean Coldplay can be 'loose', when Chris is being Chris and they fuck up but let say that most of the time, they're pretty concentrate and totally into the music. It's intense (emotionnally speaking). Same goes for SP but I dunno, there is a 'different feel' to their gigs...maybe because they're smiling all the time (and all of them), you really have the feeling it's their recreation! And add that Gary being his usual self, a typical SP show is like this: beautiful, intense and..fucked up XD!

Typical example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2JVVNACvh0]YouTube - You Could Be Happy - Snow Patrol @ Paris[/ame]

'Je t'aime..je t'aime'...lol He ALWAYS forgot lyrics... :facepalm: :lol:

How are they on stage? I'm not a big fan of them, but I do know they're getting bigger and bigger. :\

Never had the chance to see them, but I've seen many live performances and they're kinda like robots...Part of it is due to Caleb's HUGE shyness and fear of failure but they don't even smile...(not talking about 'chatting', it's way too complicated XD). But I love theirmusic...*incurable fan*

:surprised: I didn't know that. Wow, Malaysia and beers don't seem to fit in the same sentence, but yet it's true. :lol:

But Arthur's Day is 18+. I hope when SP comes here, it wouldn't be 18+. Or my face will turn into a dark stormy shade. :shifty:

afraid it'll likely still be 18+ only...i think even the Arthur's Day in Ireland has an age restriction cos some of the venues are pubs where they have surprise gigs by the artists/bands performing in their Arthur's Day events.

*imagines the idea of seeing SP perform in some random pub in Dublin...awesomeness!* :wideeyed:

& yeah, i know right? when they had the Arthur's Day event in Malaysia for the 250th anniversary of Guinness, i was like "why'd they choose Malaysia?"...not that i don't want a big music festival type event like it in Malaysia & i do know about that brewery cos i used to pass it every day on the way to college/uni, but it's like what you said & Singapore would've seemed the more obvious choice. then i went to Dublin & visited the Guinness Storehouse & found out why... :idea2:

Yeah! Monkey right? Journey to the West. Gorillaz is an amazing idea, they're hitting a world tour, but their only stop in Asia is Hong Kong. :shifty: Perhaps it's because they have a song called Hong Kong. LOL.

Yeah, those songs. :wacko: What do you mean left field?

yeah! that show/musical...or whatever he wants to call it. cos i remember it even had chinese opera/acrobats in it!

well, i mean "left field" in a sense that it's not quite what i'd usually listen to. there are some artists/bands/music that i just can't get myself to like, even if i try & regardless of whether they're mainstream or obscure or pop or metal or whatever. Radiohead somehow has always been one of them. don't really know why... :thinking:

Woops.

:surprised: Electronic music and SP, whoaa.

I didn't know Gary DJs. :surprised:

I have a lot to learn!

:sick: That sucks. Good grief.

25% is a bit too much. :lol:

I don't really remember how I got into SP. I think it was Just Say Yes. I'm not sure, I was searching out the not so mainstream music and happen to download Snow Patrol stuff and begin to like them. Then I got Up To Now. :wacky:

I was talking about 'dance music' not 'house music'...^^

yeah, i know that you were referring to the 'dance music' that Ace of Base did. i was referring to Lyvie, actually...i know 'dance music' is pretty broad, but i just don't think what Ace of Base were putting out falls under 'house music'. (pls pardon my momentary lapse into music snobbery/pickiness :embarrassed: )

Yeah, LOVE how Gary imitates japanese when they see how tall he is....XDD

The Fuji Festival is mythic and apparently, it's the most 'organised' and 'clean' festival worldwide! Wish I could go one day...*dream*

he'd stand out like a sore thumb in Japan (or anywhere else in Asia, really)! :laugh3:

i'd love to go for it too. my cousin went to Fuji Festival last year & from the photos he took, it looks amazing...the valley where it's held itself looks awesomely beautiful! even with all that mud...

Yeah, and they're very good at it :cool: Gary & Tom used to DJ in Glasgow (that how they met back then-> see 'Up to now' documentary on the deluxe edition of the best-of)

They even put out 2 'mix-up' albums that got praise from music industrie and audience :)

200px-Tripsnowpatrol.jpeg

((tracklist and explanation here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trip:_Created_by_Snow_Patrol )

200px-Snowpatrollatenighttales.jpeg

(tracklist and explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Night_Tales:_Snow_Patrol )

:cool:

Gary's got a HUGE musical culture hence his 'dj days' and now, he's given a chronicle in Q magazine ('Gary's Lightbody track of the month') and before on the website with GL's band of the week: http://news.qthemusic.com/cgi-bin/mt4/mt-search.cgi?blog_id=1&tag=Gary%20Lightbody%27s%20Band%20Of%20The%20Week&limit=20

And of course, on SP.com site with his blog ^^

yeah, Gary even does radio DJing well! (is there any end to this man's talents???) when he subbed for BBC1's Zane Lowe, he got loads of praise & was voted the best celebrity DJ-sub for that period! :cool:

(& as usual, he played mostly obscure indie stuff that i'd never heard of...)

:D

4793808457_44f0579e5a_o.jpg

niiiice glasses G.... :lol: :facepalm:

hahahahaha...i think that facepalm smilie pretty much sums it up! :lol:

fuuuuuuuunkaaaay shades, garyL!!! :dance:

Yeah, i know. I just ask my friend helped me buy in singapore. hehe... :rolleyes:

never get tired of it either! & that is one REALLY strong Scottish accent...whoever it is talking in the background! :lol: may be Tom, but it sounds much stronger than i remember it...

& Gary obviously has the height advantage there! but well done to Jonny for being able to launch himself far enough every time! haha

Yes and no... XD I mean Coldplay can be 'loose', when Chris is being Chris and they fuck up but let say that most of the time, they're pretty concentrate and totally into the music. It's intense (emotionnally speaking). Same goes for SP but I dunno, there is a 'different feel' to their gigs...maybe because they're smiling all the time (and all of them), you really have the feeling it's their recreation! And add that Gary being his usual self, a typical SP show is like this: beautiful, intense and..fucked up XD!

Typical example:

'Je t'aime..je t'aime'...lol He ALWAYS forgot lyrics... :facepalm: :lol:

I have to see them for myself. :wacky:

When musicians forget the lyrics, they're always so cute. <3

Never had the chance to see them, but I've seen many live performances and they're kinda like robots...Part of it is due to Caleb's HUGE shyness and fear of failure but they don't even smile...(not talking about 'chatting', it's way too complicated XD). But I love theirmusic...*incurable fan*

LOL robots. *Imagines robot moves*