✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Apparently, that's the guy he's talking about in his message on U2's site: Rocko, the crew manager (?).

(and Kimi, you change your avi, it took me *again* ( 5 sec to recognise you XD)

ooooh...so that's the guy! he kinda reminded me of REM/TP's Scott Mc...ermmm...don't really know how to spell it. must be the hair. :P

& yeah...changed avi + nick. heh ;)

i just love how he disturbs the others onstage...aside from Jonny. bit hard to get behind his wall of drums/drumkit + Gary's scared of Jonny. :laugh3:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahahaha I would be to nervous to speak in english :lol: I would probably start speaking in portuguese and he would be like :wtf: lol last july I think I saw Will Champion having dinner with a huge group of people in Corsica, but I didn't had the courage to go ask if was him :shame:

You should ALWAYS listen to the words of the wisiest man on earth *chriscoughmartin* If you never try, you never know... :rolleyes:

i just love how he disturbs the others onstage...

...or declare his tremendous love for them :lol:

Gary's love for Troy and Richard... <3 :laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEYFcDUDvfA]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Take Back The City - HOB San Diego[/ame]

Richard still has the patience to put up wth the shit that is us.... *mouhahaha* XDD

aside from Jonny. bit hard to get behind his wall of drums/drumkit + Gary's scared of Jonny. :laugh3:

I don't think he's scared of J (Gary said more than once that Jonny is the only person he listens to, espacially after saving him from his 'dark self'...)

But I reckon it's hard to get to him with the drums XD The only thing Gary does is climbing on the kit (cf. PPP from the live @Sommerset)....

^^ ahaha and Chris is right, but still I was looking at him and thinking "should I go there or not?" :thinking: Now I regret I didn't ask him if he was Will :disappointed:

btw, I love that video was so funny "Richard still has the patience to put up with the shit that is us.." ahahaha Poor Richard...I'm so jealous of him :lol:

He just looks like one those guys that looks incredibly COOL! :cool: :awesome:

Who're talking about? Gary or Richard?

Bono's little speech about SP on the istanbul night (@25 sec) <3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKdqbv9iXdI]YouTube - U2's Speech @ ?stanbul Olimpiyat Stad?, 06.09.2010[/ame]

was brought up cos SP supported Coldplay on the US leg of the Viva La Vida tour. these days interviewers tend to ask them about how it's like touring with 2 of the biggest bands in the world.

incidentally, SP used to support Biffy Clyro & Athlete back in the early days...look how far they've come now! :)

i guess that's why Gary's always writing about lesser known indie bands in Q mag & his blog/forum posts. a lot of them are seriously obscure bands that i wouldn't know about if not for him. i blame my recent obsession with The National on him. that song England is a killer track! :P

yeah...well, most of them anyway. they're all very nice guys. & i'm now gonna keep my camera for life, man! hahaha Pablo took photos for me with it...thanks to Jonny! :wacky:

saw an interview once where Tom said they'd like to next tour to parts of the world that they haven't been to before & he mentioned Singapore as an example. & there's a music festilval in Indonesia where the organisers put SP on their festival wish list. or maybe Guinness can work on getting them to do Arthur's Day in Malaysia next year! :wink3:

but knowing the Malaysian/Asian market/music taste, it's probably going to be an American dominated hip hop, R&B heavy thing again... :thinking:

i like Juice too...pity they won't be publishing the magazine anymore. but at least they'll still be around online.

Snow Patrol supports the good ones. I'm waiting for the day the good ones support them. :P

You're so lucky! :wacko:

I really hope they can come. Timbaland is the one performing for Arthur's Day this year, but it's 18+ haha. Not that I would go. I really really really hope they do come here! It would be great.

Yeah. And even Kpop has quite a placing too. The mainstream music is all American hip hop and those... :disappointed:

It's not publishing anymore? :surprised: WTF. ALISDJALISDPAWHOIHDAIHDISHD :freak: :disappointed:

Found this!! 'The Planets bend between us' @Pukkelpop this year BUT they play it with a new orchestration, more 'bumpy'?!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4E1Xcu7pCQ]YouTube - Snow Patrol @ Pukkelpop2010 - Planets Bend Between Us.mpg[/ame]

Good to see Richard, Iain and Troy (nice hair cut!)

he is!!! he's frigging adorkable!!! he'll even go get his bandmates out of their party to save you waiting in the freezing cold & will even get himself wet in the rain for you... :D

which brings me to once again say: "dammit Gary! how the hell am i going to find a guy who matches up to the high standards you keep setting???" :inquisitive:

(yes, i am a lost cause...beware the dangers you face in a close encounter of the Snow Patrol/Lightbody kind)

& i really want SP to come by Malaysia...for the sake of my fellow Malaysians...most of whom know Chasing Cars the song more than the band & think that they're either:

1) a 1-hit wonder (Chasing Cars)

2) Snow Patrol = Gary Lightbody = Snow Patrol (what about his 4 other "brothers"?)

3) a boring band musically/live

4) can't believe that Run is NOT a Leona Lewis song

but at least they've been interviewed by JUICE Malaysia (i was SO happy when i saw this on FB!)

http://juiceonline.com/blog/interview-snow-patrol/

he swears a lot, but he does make his swearing more "child friendly" when he knows there's children around (Tired Pony gig...Jacknife Lee's 2 adorable kids were there & sang onstage) or when his mum's in the crowd (1 of the Reworked Tour shows at RAH)...in which case, you'll hear loads of "oh, fudge!" or "oh, sugar!" :laugh3: too adorable!

Oh Kimmi, u listed it sooooo RIGHT! Some of my friend even thought run was originally sang by Leona which is not, obviously. Still, I prefer the original version. And most of them, they do know chasing cars only.

I never have any malaysian friends know them well until i MET u. hehe....am so glad.Oh yeah, last few days first time ever, i heard Tired Pony- Dead American Writers on local radio!! made my day :D

Gary is all over in my mobile's wallpaper, my laptop's wallpaper and even my company computer's wallpaper! crazy me huh? ;p

He is just lovely and humour guy :D

I don't think he's scared of J (Gary said more than once that Jonny is the only person he listens to, espacially after saving him from his 'dark self'...)

But I reckon it's hard to get to him with the drums XD The only thing Gary does is climbing on the kit (cf. PPP from the live @Sommerset)....

he is...admitted it during the Reworked gig in Bristol (don't have it on video tho...security was really strict all night anyway). there was some audio/mic feedback during a song & he was wondering aloud who's mic was the cause cos they're gonna get it from him (said jokingly). then he said that it's Jonny's mic...so he's not gonna say/do anything cos Jonny's able to beat him up easily. :laugh3:

& Tom thinks Jonny's the "Darth Vader" of the band. nuff sed. :P

Bono's little speech about SP on the istanbul night (@25 sec) <3

awww...."a lovely band of minstrels"!!! (what a way to describe them! haha) :D

Snow Patrol supports the good ones. I'm waiting for the day the good ones support them. :P

You're so lucky! :wacko:

I really hope they can come. Timbaland is the one performing for Arthur's Day this year, but it's 18+ haha. Not that I would go. I really really really hope they do come here! It would be great.

Yeah. And even Kpop has quite a placing too. The mainstream music is all American hip hop and those... :disappointed:

It's not publishing anymore? :surprised: WTF. ALISDJALISDPAWHOIHDAIHDISHD :freak: :disappointed:

U2 loves SP...that's is all i need to know! hahahaha

my 2 fave bands...tho i love U2 more...who both just happen to be Irish (or part Irish anyway). :cool:

think there was a change in lineup? Timbaland can't come so it's Flo Rida now (prefer Timbaland to Flo Rida...not that i'm going. :P) & i *may* have mixed Juice up with Junk, but i did see an announcement on Twitter/FB that the mag'll no longer be published. :\

Found this!! 'The Planets bend between us' @Pukkelpop this year BUT they play it with a new orchestration, more 'bumpy'?!

Good to see Richard, Iain and Troy (nice hair cut!)

ah...great to see that they are still playing the Reworked version of Planets. w00t!!! but it looks like they're still tweaking the sound for it. hmmm...

& yeah, that was what i thought the 1st time i heard it in Bristol: they've been influenced by U2! & for my fave song too! haha :cool:

nice to see Johnny McDaid again too. i like the song he did with Paul Van Dyk (Home). :)

Oh Kimmi, u listed it sooooo RIGHT! Some of my friend even thought run was originally sang by Leona which is not, obviously. Still, I prefer the original version. And most of them, they do know chasing cars only.

I never have any malaysian friends know them well until i MET u. hehe....am so glad.Oh yeah, last few days first time ever, i heard Tired Pony- Dead American Writers on local radio!! made my day :D

Gary is all over in my mobile's wallpaper, my laptop's wallpaper and even my company computer's wallpaper! crazy me huh? ;p

He is just lovely and humour guy :D

OMG!!! they actually played a Tired Pony song on M'sian radio??? thought that would never happen!!! honestly!!! :stunned: (but it's great that they did, of course)

& Gary's kinda all over 1 of my PCs...cos of the wallpaper i made when i got bored of programming stuff. hahahaha

& he's on my phone too...

& Tom thinks Jonny's the "Darth Vader" of the band. nuff sed. :P

:lol: but he seems so 'teddy bear' like!

awww...."a lovely band of minstrels"!!! (what a way to describe them! haha) :D

Minstrels!!! :facepalm: that's the word I couldn't figure it out...! Thx Kimi!

& for my fave song too! haha

This song is so beautiful.... I can't resist te repost the music video which I LOVE :heart:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Os_jEOsNVo]YouTube - Snow Patrol - The planets bend between us[/ame]

nice to see Johnny McDaid again too. i like the song he did with Paul Van Dyk (Home). :)

I thought it was Troy with a new hair cut... :facepalm: I'm really tired (like the pony) these days...

& Gary's kinda all over 1 of my PCs...cos of the wallpaper i made when i got bored of programming stuff. hahahaha

& he's on my phone too...

:laugh3: We're all the same...He's on my desktop too (thx to the lovely Christina here :kiss: ) but he's not alone, he's with CP and Flo... :rolleyes:

Oooh! I love the Planets Bend Between Us! I like the older version (not the Up To Now one) better, gives more feeling to the song, imo. :wacko:

U2 loves SP...that's is all i need to know! hahahaha

my 2 fave bands...tho i love U2 more...who both just happen to be Irish (or part Irish anyway). :cool:

think there was a change in lineup? Timbaland can't come so it's Flo Rida now (prefer Timbaland to Flo Rida...not that i'm going. :P) & i *may* have mixed Juice up with Junk, but i did see an announcement on Twitter/FB that the mag'll no longer be published. :\

-

OMG!!! they actually played a Tired Pony song on M'sian radio??? thought that would never happen!!! honestly!!! :stunned: (but it's great that they did, of course)

I barely listen to U2. :|

What's the difference, Flo Rida and Timbaland. :freak: Tho I prefer Timbaland haha. Used to love his songs before I channeled out to this type of music.

Oh. Both magazines are pretty good.

I didn't read that post. Seriously? Tired Pony on Malaysian radio? :freak: Which station?

Oooh! I love the Planets Bend Between Us! I like the older version (not the Up To Now one) better, gives more feeling to the song, imo. :wacko:

What's the difference, Flo Rida and Timbaland. :freak: Tho I prefer Timbaland haha. Used to love his songs before I channeled out to this type of music.

I didn't read that post. Seriously? Tired Pony on Malaysian radio? :freak: Which station?

Hey, now i only realize u are from malaysia too. Nice to meet ya :)

I heard it once only on Traxx Fm, not a popular station though. And i think it's the station of the most play snow patrol's song besides than chasing cars, seriously! :D

Hey, now i only realize u are from malaysia too. Nice to meet ya :)

I heard it once only on Traxx Fm, not a popular station though. And i think it's the station of the most play snow patrol's song besides than chasing cars, seriously! :D

Heyy. Nice to meet you too. :wacko:

Yeah, Traxx plays songs that aren't so mainstream (Hitz and Fly are EXTREMELY mainstream). Even Hitz and Fly don't really play Chasing Cars anymore. Red.fm is pretty good too. :wacko:

:lol: but he seems so 'teddy bear' like!

Minstrels!!! :facepalm: that's the word I couldn't figure it out...! Thx Kimi!

This song is so beautiful.... I can't resist te repost the music video which I LOVE :heart:

YouTube - Snow Patrol - The planets bend between us

I thought it was Troy with a new hair cut... :facepalm: I'm really tired (like the pony) these days...

:laugh3: We're all the same...He's on my desktop too (thx to the lovely Christina here :kiss: ) but he's not alone, he's with CP and Flo... :rolleyes:

haha…I don't think I can ever get old of that song :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: (it's SO gonna be played at my wedding…once I get round to finding a guy like Gary to marry 1st… :shame: :P :laugh2: )

I think I saw Troy onstage too tho…so it depends on who you're referring to. pretty sure the guy jamming with Nathan at times & the one playing the delay/echo bits (ala The Edge) is Johnny.

yeah, my fave version is still the original/album version. album Planets > Reworked Planets > single Planets …tho I still love that song to bits. especially when listening to it:

1) at " the edge of Ireland" *sigh* :wacky:

2) while walking around after "the winter's marked the earth"

3) sitting on a bench in my uni's garden in autumn (the colours of the leaves remind me of the AHMS album's origami suns!)

I practically grew up listening to U2! hehe

but I guess that's expected of a child of the 80s (that's me :P)

& darnit! I can't watch that video of Gary's msg about U2 at the moment… :bomb:

errrmmm…let's see, to me, the difference between Flo Rida & Timbaland is that 1 just raps about "spinning right round baby right round" while the other does cool songs with The Hives. ;)

yeah, my fave version is still the original/album version. album Planets > Reworked Planets > single Planets …tho I still love that song to bits. especially when listening to it:

I'm SO going to sing this song (and this part) one the edge of a cliff one day when I'll finally make my 'Ireland tour trip'... :lol:

Me too!!! Them & Queen.... :heart: When I went to Dublin, I couldn't help noticing everything U2's related (and there lots cause they're EVERYWHERE :lol:) so the friend that was with me was singing 'Pride' everytime I was 'oh OM, that's U2's something...something'... :laugh3:

Gary is sad for you...

U2comVideo00008.jpg

Gary's looking good in that picture. :wacko:

2) while walking around after "the winter's marked the earth"

3) sitting on a bench in my uni's garden in autumn (the colours of the leaves remind me of the AHMS album's origami suns!)

errrmmm…let's see, to me, the difference between Flo Rida & Timbaland is that 1 just raps about "spinning right round baby right round" while the other does cool songs with The Hives. ;)

3 versions? :surprised:

That's so sweet! Too bad there's no winter here. Tho I would freeze to death. :|

Tried screaming from the edge or Ireland to America? :wacky:

80s, so you went through the 90s music wave? You're so luckehhhh!

Timbaland is wayyy better actually. The Way I Are was pretty good. Used to LOVE that song.