✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Hey guys, I've been trying to keep up with stuff , but I'm quite a bit behind. :( I'll catch up eventually.

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew... Tired Pony will be the musical guest on Letterman this Thursday. I posted it in the TP thread, but thought I'd do it here to make sure everyone saw it. :)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm super ready for a new album. :cheesy:

Me too! Bring it on boys! :awesome: At Arthur's day, Gary said they had to borrow instruments to play cause theirs were shipping to the US (for TP and recording with Jackniff in LA). This simple sentence made me :bomb: :awesome: I hope he'll start blogging soon, I miss recording stories (the bat XD)

*shivers* yeah...the 80s. with the exception of U2 & U2's The Joshua Tree... :P

actually...i'm watching Wedding Singer right now. it's really reminding me of the weirdness that was 80s fashion & music...& that keyboard/guitar hybrid thing (that i once had too... :shame: :P) :dozey:

I LOVE that movie!!! (do youuu really waaant to hu-uuurt meeee :laugh3: ) And I too had a little bontempi :facepalm:

Hey guys, I've been trying to keep up with stuff , but I'm quite a bit behind. :( I'll catch up eventually.

Sorry Jen, we're such babbler...

Gary says sorry... :shame:

largeexhibition006.jpg

But if one day, you don't know what to do, we posted a lot of cool vids :)

NEEEEEEEEEEWS on the new album from Tom which makes me :uhoh2:

Snow Patrol have revealed that their next album will feature elements of electronica.

The Irish group are due to start work next month on the follow-up to 2008's 'A Hundred Million Suns'.

Keyboardist Tom Simpson has said that fans should expect a change of direction away from the band's rock foundations.

"Well, I don't know about techno but certainly it'll have an element of electronica about it,” he told Spinner.

"I've been buying some really interesting equipment which I hope will get used on the new record. There will be a heavy dose of electronica."

Earlier this year, drummer Jonny Quinn said Snow Patrol's new album would be released between February and July next year.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/58642/Snow-Patrol-Recording-New-%27Techno%27-Album

Electronica??? A few days ago, Nathan was saying that 'just say yes' was not really the road they were taking and now, Tom says basically the contrary.... :shrug: I like JSY, but it took time for me to get used to it....

So basically, the next record will be a mix of TP' feel and electronica...weird mix?!! XD I wonder how recording in LA will influence the sound of LP6.....

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew... Tired Pony will be the musical guest on Letterman this Thursday. I posted it in the TP thread, but thought I'd do it here to make sure everyone saw it. :)

oooh...i hope someone'll post it on YouTube shortly after their appearance. so's i can watch it. :)

Me too! Bring it on boys! :awesome: At Arthur's day, Gary said they had to borrow instruments to play cause theirs were shipping to the US (for TP and recording with Jackniff in LA). This simple sentence made me :bomb: :awesome: I hope he'll start blogging soon, I miss recording stories (the bat XD)

haha...Jacknife's quite a character! i still remember him shouting "Gary Lightbody" from the window he was leaning out of & Gary shouting back "Garrett Jacknife Lee". :laugh3:

& i'm still hoping Gary'll write a blog post about Scott Pilgrim...cos i bet he'll like that movie. even if he isn't a video game fan, but it's full of comics & indie music/band references.

I LOVE that movie!!! (do youuu really waaant to hu-uuurt meeee :laugh3: ) And I too had a little bontempi :facepalm:

haha...yeah! & i love the end when he sings that really sweet (yet very cheesy) song for her after Billy Idol's hilarious PA announcement "& since we let our 1st class passengers pretty much do whatever they want, here he is..." :laugh3:

Sorry Jen, we're such babbler...

Gary says sorry... :shame:

largeexhibition006.jpg

But if one day, you don't know what to do, we posted a lot of cool vids :)

*lol* his belt(?) there says "PLAIN LAZY"!!! :laugh3:

oh...watched the AHMS videos & realised it's pretty much the same as what's in the SP iPhone AHMS app. but i think the iPhone app's videos are shorter & that last one (Webisode 4) wasn't in it...either that or i'm just not efficient enough in unfolding every single origami sun in that app. :dozey:

& the Jacknife Lee Studio Safari isn't in the app either...what a name tho...Studio Safari! :lol:

as for the news...hmmm............Tom's kinda contradicting whatever hints the others've dropped about the new album so far. :thinking:

i mean, Gary & Nathan both did say they're not really going to go all out electronica when Just Say Yes came out...& Gary's said it's mainly cos Jonny'd get bored since he'd have barely anything to do/play on the drums on an electronica-laden album. & Jonny himself mentioned recently they'd be going for a more stripped down acoustic sound after listening to bands like The National lately.

anyway..........it also seems like SP's rhythm section are multi-instrumentalists & Jonny can play the guitar too? :whistle: or did i interpret this wrongly?

Quinn said the group had been writing material for the album, and that they preferred to come up with ideas outdoors.

"I live by the sea in Ireland and I find that's the most inspiring time, sitting with a guitar on the beach, but we write on the tour bus, in dressing rooms, in the studio and in phone boxes, because no one is using them because everyone has mobile phones,” he said.

*lol* his belt(?) there says "PLAIN LAZY"!!! :laugh3:

I haven't even noticed it :lol: This is priceless (and so true :laugh3: )

oh...watched the AHMS videos & realised it's pretty much the same as what's in the SP iPhone AHMS app. but i think the iPhone app's videos are shorter & that last one (Webisode 4) wasn't in it...either that or i'm just not efficient enough in unfolding every single origami sun in that app. :dozey:

As I said before, the all thing is way longer than those small bits. But I love how they colored the image in this blue/b&w color...suits Nathan well :wink3:

as for the news...hmmm............Tom's kinda contradicting whatever hints the others've dropped about the new album so far. :thinking:

i mean, Gary & Nathan both did say they're not really going to go all out electronica when Just Say Yes came out...& Gary's said it's mainly cos Jonny'd get bored since he'd have barely anything to do/play on the drums on an electronica-laden album. & Jonny himself mentioned recently they'd be going for a more stripped down acoustic sound after listening to bands like The National lately.

Yeah, I'm a little bit :dizzy2: by all those differents comments....But if they go 'electro' as TP has gone 'country', I think we're fine :D But it surely will change again when they actually start writing sthg...!

anyway..........it also seems like SP's rhythm section are multi-instrumentalists & Jonny can play the guitar too? :whistle: or did i interpret this wrongly?

Don't surprise me, after all, he also plays 'breaking bamboo sticks' and 'spraying water on a tissue' :D (cf. Up to now DVD)

NEEEEEEEEEEWS on the new album from Tom which makes me :uhoh2:

Electronica??? A few days ago, Nathan was saying that 'just say yes' was not really the road they were taking and now, Tom says basically the contrary.... :shrug: I like JSY, but it took time for me to get used to it....

So basically, the next record will be a mix of TP' feel and electronica...weird mix?!! XD I wonder how recording in LA will influence the sound of LP6.....

I think they're just trying to keep us guessing. Maybe they'll throw out a few statements that might be a bit of an exaggeration just to get people curious. Or, it will be electronica. If it is, I'm sure they'll make it work, since they're a bunch of freaking geniuses. :wacky:

Anyway, Gary recording with TP now and then with Snow Patrol. The man doesn't like to take any time off, does he? :P

Anyway, Gary recording with TP now and then with Snow Patrol. The man doesn't like to take any time off, does he? :P

TRUE...lol!!! He said in a very recent ITV for TP (I quote the man)

I don’t do well with time off. If left to my own devices I will end up fashioning Elizabethan costumes out of old curtains and vinyl flooring and putting on Christopher Marlowe plays in my shed. No one wants that. No one!

:laugh3: T-Y-P-I-C-A-L gL answer.. :lol:

He's a bit of a workaholic but I prefer that as "plain lazy" :lol: At least, we have records often! Next year: TP AND SP record (and gigs :awesome:)

I haven't even noticed it :lol: This is priceless (and so true :laugh3: )

haha...so i'm like the only one who just had to be looking at that region of the photo? :sneaky: :P j/k

As I said before, the all thing is way longer than those small bits. But I love how they colored the image in this blue/b&w color...suits Nathan well :wink3:

Yeah, I'm a little bit :dizzy2: by all those differents comments....But if they go 'electro' as TP has gone 'country', I think we're fine :D But it surely will change again when they actually start writing sthg...!

Don't surprise me, after all, he also plays 'breaking bamboo sticks' and 'spraying water on a tissue' :D (cf. Up to now DVD)

haha...yeah. the monochrome-y colours suit Nathan. :cool:

hard to imagine them doing electronica + country in 1 album, but i guess it's like you said...only time will tell how the new album's sound shapes up once they get started on it.

I think they're just trying to keep us guessing. Maybe they'll throw out a few statements that might be a bit of an exaggeration just to get people curious. Or, it will be electronica. If it is, I'm sure they'll make it work, since they're a bunch of freaking geniuses. :wacky:

TRUE...lol!!! He said in a very recent ITV for TP (I quote the man)

:laugh3: T-Y-P-I-C-A-L gL answer.. :lol:

He's a bit of a workaholic but I prefer that as "plain lazy" :lol: At least, we have records often! Next year: TP AND SP record (and gigs :awesome:)

a bit? he's like a hardcore workaholic lately! at the rate he's going, figures why the man's got no time for a relationship beyond his "marraige" to his 4 brothers from other mothers. :dozey:

he'd better not burn himself out tho! :\ as the saying goes, all work & no play makes Gary a dull boy...well, not really. i'm sure he'd never come across as a dull boy, tbh...& he did manage to allow himself enough time to watch Inception twice anyway. that's hardly work related. heh :P

haha...so i'm like the only one who just had to be looking at that region of the photo? :sneaky: :P j/k

:lol: you little perv :P (but you're not the only one actually...)

a bit? he's like a hardcore workaholic lately! at the rate he's going, figures why the man's got no time for a relationship beyond his "marraige" to his 4 brothers from other mothers. :dozey:

he'd better not burn himself out tho! :\ as the saying goes, all work & no play makes Gary a dull boy...well, not really. i'm sure he'd never come across as a dull boy, tbh...& he did manage to allow himself enough time to watch Inception twice anyway. that's hardly work related. heh :P

He reminds me of our dear Chris, always writing songs, doing a hundred stuff at a time, not really taking time off (or just to do yoga, another thing they have in commun!). Hope that being in LA, having a little bit of fun with the TP boys will help relax a little, just like he did when he was in 'jaw vacation' there :D

And just because their smile just make me :wacky: Looks like a tooth paste commercial for Colgate :D

5033067521_5a27ca77f1.jpg

G.L from Bangor says: 'yes, brushing my teeth everyday with a pint of Guinness help me have this beautiful smile'

He's a'lookin' super cute in that picture. :cheesy:

When he doesn't?? :rolleyes: (well, actually he didn't on his 'long hair' period in 2005) but they're all cute here :blush: I love Tom's cheek, you want to give him a big peck :kiss: Nathan has his 'top model 'pose, Jonny looks fiiiine as always and Pablo would also if he wasn't making a weird face :lol:

And that answer is very typical Gary, incredibly weird. :P

Would love to see him making 'elizabethan costumes with curtains'... :laugh3:

True. But, it'd still be fun, since we'd be dressed up in Elizibethian costumes with Gary. :dance:

Yeah for us (dreesssssss :awesome:) but I'm actually trying to picture gL dressed like that and it's just... :facepalm: :laugh3: I think I prefer him at his worst nowadays....

(but you're not the only one actually...)

[/size]

:laugh3: i was just trying to read the words along his waistline...honest. :sneaky:

G.L from Bangor says: 'yes, brushing my teeth everyday with a pint of Guinness help me have this beautiful smile'

*lol* that'd be like the ULTIMATE in Irishness...drink Guinness, eat Guinness (Guinness beef pie/stew = yum!), brush/gargle with Guinness! :laugh3:

ahaha...yeah, but aren't Christopher Marlowe's plays have no happy endings?! :lol:

well, given that Gary pretty much wrote 4 emo-worthy albums worth of songs about doomed relationships or how he screwed up a relationship, happy endings don't seem to be his cup of tea anyway... :dozey:

*lol* that'd be like the ULTIMATE in Irishness...drink Guinness, eat Guinness (Guinness beef pie/stew = yum!), brush/gargle with Guinness! :laugh3:

Oh yes, the beef with Guinness sauce is :smug: (tested and approuved :D)

well, given that Gary pretty much wrote 4 emo-worthy albums worth of songs about doomed relationships or how he screwed up a relationship, happy endings don't seem to be his cup of tea anyway... :dozey:

:laugh3: good point!

Ok, on the news side....who's gonna jump into the 360° U2 tour again? :rolleyes:

http://www.u2.com/news/title/on-the-bill-in-2011

And just when we thought they'd signed off the tour for good, U2360's most popular support act Snow Patrol are making a return visit - for the May 14th show in Mexico City.

:cool: :D

U2 have the best opening acts...I mean FLORENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :bomb: The american continent is SO lucky :bomb:

And just because I heard it yesterday on a crappy french TV show...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7A2muTCe10]YouTube - Make This Go On Forever - Snow Patrol - Berlin, Tempodrom - May 21st 2010 / HD[/ame]

Love is forever but it can also be just for one night... :laugh3:

--edit------------

New pics from Arthur's day. This one make me LOL (look how he *tried* to cover his macbook with a black sheet...XD

5033105585_64719e8e53.jpg

But my question is: HOW did he manage to mess up the lyrics of Run and CC though he HAD his laptop?!! :facepalm: :lol:

and

mouhahahaha... I'm finally paid with free pints!

6972450_arthursday01.jpg

D'aww, he shouldn't be embarrassed by his Mac. He's got so many songs and he's writing more every day, it's probably tough for him to keep everything straight!! :D

+10000 and that's so cute when he blacks out XD

Nathan said he has problems memorising lyrics since the beginning and Gary that when he sings, sometimes he is so overhelmed that he even forgets the english language...and when it happens,(quoting the man) there is only a lonely donkey chewing on a fence inside his brain...XD (gosh, I love the Up to now dvd)

I don't know why he hide his laptop on Arthur's day, usually he never hides it...:thinking:

One of my FAVORITE gL mess up is on a Olive Grove where the manager of the record shop, where they were playing, has to print him the lyrics (and then again with bigger caracters XD). Gary's face when he tries to glance at the sheet of paper is just *priceless*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awRE3dL72VY]YouTube - Olive Grove with some difficulties =].[/ame]

gosh, that man is the best cheer up on earth! :laugh3:

oh! oh! i know which interview you're talking about!

but....i didn't bookmark it or save it. i tend to not save/bookmark interviews/photos. :shame:

but is it a Dutch radio station interview/quiz thing Gary was being really competitive so he was fighting for points & the other guys are just laughing away? i'll post it if i somehow find it again...

yeah, it's the one :lol:

I hate how since vastdarksky's account was deleted a lot of sp videos dissapeared :S Now I'm trying to find us much SP live videos as I can and download it, cause they are not safe on youtube :lol:

do you guys have anything to download?

yeah, it's the one :lol:

I hate how since vastdarksky's account was deleted a lot of sp videos dissapeared :S

Yeah, and that SUCKS big time!! :bigcry: I'm pretty sure it was on his/her account...

do you guys have anything to download?

what do you mean 'anyhting to download'?!:thinking: Do you need anything specific?

what do you mean 'anyhting to download'?!:thinking: Do you need anything specific?

yeah. like now I have full live gigs from Amsterdam, Copenhagen (though I havent figured out how to open it) and some several videos from oxegen, V fest. Do you have aynything awesome that's not on youtube?