✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

yeah. like now I have full live gigs from Amsterdam, Copenhagen (though I havent figured out how to open it) and some several videos from oxegen, V fest. Do you have aynything awesome that's not on youtube?

Try KMP Player http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/ It's free and when nothing is working (even VLC), KM does!

As for performances...you should check SP MM thread, there is a lot of stuff in there :) AS for me, I only have the official dvds and the Ward Park gig from this year (I *think* the link is in SP MM thread...) :shrug:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try KMP Player http://kmplayer.en.softonic.com/ It's free and when nothing is working (even VLC), KM does!

As for performances...you should check SP MM thread, there is a lot of stuff in there :) AS for me, I only have the official dvds and the Ward Park gig from this year (I *think* the link is in SP MM thread...) :shrug:

I have live at Ward park too (♥)

ok, thanks, I will look it up ;)

Ok, on the news side....who's gonna jump into the 360° U2 tour again? :rolleyes:

http://www.u2.com/news/title/on-the-bill-in-2011

heh...right place & right time i guess. since their equipment are already in LA + Gary himself is in the US with Tired Pony.

you frigging lucky Mexicans!!! :bomb:

New pics from Arthur's day. This one make me LOL (look how he *tried* to cover his macbook with a black sheet...XD

5033105585_64719e8e53.jpg

But my question is: HOW did he manage to mess up the lyrics of Run and CC though he HAD his laptop?!! :facepalm: :lol:

how in the world did i miss that when i watched the Arthur's Day show on ITV2 last night??? :inquisitive: then again, they only showed SP playing 1 song (Take Back The City)...i'd have preferred more, but i'm just happy i even chanced by the show last night! :dozey:

anyway, back to his trusty Macbook...i don't think he's trying to cover it, actually. that black sheet looks a lot like a chair cover. i used to have to stare at function rooms full of chairs with chair (cloth) covers in my old job. :dozey:

& it's very very very likely that every single chair cover used at the venue were black to go with the Guinness/Arthur's Day theme.

cos it's like you've said...else Gary doesn't usually try to cover up or hide his Macbook anyway. tho he must've not been looking at it much if he managed to still muck up Run & Chasing Cars with it nearby! *lol*

but bless his bad memory...i love that Olive Grove video. haha

& the Up To Now DVD too. *sigh* :D

the other guys say that the fans most of the time know the words to songs like Run & Chasing Cars much better than Gary himself! :laugh3:

He just makes my day. :cheesy:

indeed!!! :D :wacky:

i love that Olive Grove video. haha

Another one with some precious G banter.... :laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ovDN79aPs4]YouTube - Snow Patrol: An Olive Grove Facing the Sea, Live in Dusseldorf 30-05-09[/ame]

I love that when he 'argues' with his guitar... :lol:

the other guys say that the fans most of the time know the words to songs like Run & Chasing Cars much better than Gary himself! :laugh3:

Of course we do... aren't we the best fans in the world :rolleyes:

cos it's like you've said...else Gary doesn't usually try to cover up or hide his Macbook anyway. tho he must've not been looking at it much if he managed to still muck up Run & Chasing Cars with it nearby! *lol*

but bless his bad memory...i love that Olive Grove video. haha

& the Up To Now DVD too. *sigh* :D

lolol

wait, I know he messed up Run, but which part of CC did he manage to mess up? :lol:

lolol

wait, I know he messed up Run, but which part of CC did he manage to mess up? :lol:

Dunno exactly, but from what I red he messed up a verse @Odeon on Arthur's day. I putted the vid a few pages ago, but it's not complete, you only see Gary singing 'if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the words..':lol:

Dunno exactly, but from what I red he messed up a verse @Odeon on Arthur's day. I putted the vid a few pages ago, but it's not complete, you only see Gary singing 'if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the words..':lol:

that's probably the bit he messed up...he sometimes forgets specific words rather than entire chunks of the song. (but i think he forgot "those three words..." onwards at the Odeon gig & either caught up in time or jumped ahead to "if i just lay here..." onwards)

he burst out in a giggle mid-song at the Bristol gig & he said it's cos he very nearly sang the wrong word for The Golden Floor..."i'm a pheasant in your princess arms" instead of "i'm a peasant in your princess arms"! totally different meanings! :laugh3:

he burst out in a giggle mid-song at the Bristol gig & he said it's cos he very nearly sang the wrong word for The Golden Floor..."i'm a pheasant in your princess arms" instead of "i'm a peasant in your princess arms"! totally different meanings! :laugh3:

O-M-G.... :laugh3: I burst out laughing reading this!!! Gary, you've ruined the song for me...now, that's what I will be thinking everytime I'll hear this line! (just like the 'beeer....beeeer' at the beginning of Rocket) :facepalm: :laugh3:

Here's Take back the city accoustic from Arthur's day @Guinness storehouse...check out the 'come to me closer dear laptop' moment from Gary... :laugh3: He looks nervous though... but I'm glad to see Iain <3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy8-3BL743Y]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Take Back The City Live@ Arthurs day 2010[/ame]

Lovely version!

Bump!

:laugh3: +1

This needed to be done! Hopefully, we'll have news of the recording process pretty soon (if gL drags his ass to the band's blog... :sneaky: ). They'll start in a few days :dance:

In the mean time, let's get our SP fix...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUpIVNA7zIg]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Funny Moments[/ame]

:kiss: guys!

I hope Gary starts blogging again... I miss his adorable, super random jokes. :D

+1

And I miss the crazy stories: the bat chase in Ireland, the australian's spiders, Honey's first christmas (aka Beatles mania revival @Lightbody's house).... :lol:

:lol:! D'aww, I wanna read them again. :wacko:

Nothing better than some gL nonsense to cheer you up!! XD He's such an amzing storyteller!

Evil australian spiders

http://www.snowpatrol.com/blog/Default.aspx?pg=33

Like the earth is, fortuitously, just the right distance from our sun to bare life and sustain it, Australia is just the right distance from anywhere else to sprout forth a plethora of advanced animal assassins, breeding for eons unmolested, waiting, always waiting.

The bat:

http://www.snowpatrol.com/blog/Default.aspx?pg=28

Yes, a bat. Although, at first, to the naked eye it was no more than a jet-black spasm of vibrating madness. My brain filled in the gaps pretty quickly though. I guess it goes through the list of things pretty fast. Crow? Too small. Small evil spirit? We’ll put that in the maybes. Bat? Oh yeah. There are three human reactions to a frenzied scene like that: panic or calm or violence. Now, I’m many things but I’m not violent. Only towards flies and wasps, they can fuck off. So that leaves calm or panic. Hmmm, well I tend to teeter on the side of panic at all times and this was no different. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, bat! I proclaimed with manliness aplenty.

This NEVER gets old! LMAO :laugh3:

NEWS ON THE RECORDING SESSION!!

A few fans saw Pablo after the Tired Pony show in LA and asked him about the recording...here what Paul said:

After about thirty minutes of waiting to our surprise Paul walked out of the theatre to smoke. He kept asking us if anyone had a lighter, and he eventually found one. He was really polite and took plenty of pictures with us all. I asked him about the progress that's been made on recording (if any), and he said that they rented a place in Santa Monica to record, and that later on in the month they were going to go to Joshua Tree National Park to write (a desert of sorts). After two weeks or so there, they are going to come back to LA to record until about January. It was really nice talking to him, and that was definitely a major surprise for all of us who waited after the show.

:awesome: they're going to go where U2 wrote the Joshua Tree (best of their album IMO)!!!! :dance:

I have a good feeling about this next record...!!

But a desert means snakes, scorpions and other terrifying deadly animals....will Gary be able to handle that?!! Let's hope we'll have good new 'horror' stories :lol:

It was hard but I finally got my ticket for one of the 2 U2 gigs on may next year here in Mexico. When I heard U2 was coming I thought "Oh it would be cool to go see U2" and then they announced Snow Patrol was opening for them. I said "I HAVE TO GO".

I cant waste thiss chance to see Snow Patrol, they didnt come on the last tour :( do you think there is any chance they release their next album and maybe they play a gig on their own here? It would be way better! I want a Snow Patrol full gig!!!!!!!

O-M-G.... :laugh3: I burst out laughing reading this!!! Gary, you've ruined the song for me...now, that's what I will be thinking everytime I'll hear this line! (just like the 'beeer....beeeer' at the beginning of Rocket) :facepalm: :laugh3:

haha...yeah, i know exactly what you mean! now i can't help at least grinning/smirking to myself when i hear that part of that song! :laugh3:

funnily enough, at the gig during that banter bit, it kinda felt like i was the only person in my section who got it or at least found it hilarious enough to LOL. :confused:

Here's Take back the city accoustic from Arthur's day @Guinness storehouse...check out the 'come to me closer dear laptop' moment from Gary... :laugh3: He looks nervous though... but I'm glad to see Iain <3

Lovely version!

i think they tweaked the arrangement slightly... :thinking: the trumpet bit felt kinda Paolo Nutini-ish, actually (Pencil Full of Lead style/sound for the trumpet). but it's still great & quite apt for the city that's home to Arthur & Guinness on Arthur's Day. :cool:

:laugh3: +1

This needed to be done! Hopefully, we'll have news of the recording process pretty soon (if gL drags his ass to the band's blog... :sneaky: ). They'll start in a few days :dance:

In the mean time, let's get our SP fix...

:kiss: guys!

+1 to that too...& for Gary to get his arse back on the blog blogging his massive posts.

& the "dog cat dog cat..." conversation brings back memories of London post TP gig with Ilione! :lol:

btw, if you guys didn't already hear about this, the BBC's stolen Gary's game show idea (sort of)! :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Lqv6ZgKKk]Human Canon - 101 Ways To Leave A Gameshow[/ame]

oh & i probably already said it before, but SP + The Joshua Tree is just frigging awesome!!! can't frigging wait!!!

& U2's The Joshua Tree is my fave U2 album (possibly all time too, actually)!!! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Gary ITV for Tired Pony but he speaks about the next SP record and his column in Q.

http://www.shockhound.com/features/1445-tired-pony--snow-patrol---rem---spontaneous-fun-r-e-m-?PID=3662453

SHOCKHOUND: Collaboration seems to be the name of the game these days. Look at what Jack White's been up to, for instance.

LIGHTBODY:(...) My first collaboration, the Reindeer Section, and Tired Pony are almost ten years apart, so that’s not something I do every day. But it’s something that…that reignites your fire. If your fire was even slightly waning, doing something like this is a really good process to get you back on track in your musical life. And now I’ve brought that energy back into Snow Patrol, and we’re revitalized for the next record. And some of the lessons that I’ve learned from Tired Pony are gonna be brought into the studio. It makes the two lives converge, because nothing happens in a vacuum. I didn’t go away and make this record and then hold all its secrets to my chest. I did it because I wanted to learn. And learning how to make an album quicker? That’s always a good thing to do! Because when you get to like week 10 or 11 of a record, you don’t know what the fuck you’re doing anymore.

SHOCKHOUND: So there’s a new Snow Patrol album coming together?

LIGHTBODY: Yeah. And it’s exciting, actually. We’re doing it in LA in November. Garret lives there now, and he has his whole family there. And it might take a while, so we thought we’d come to him. LA's a fun place. We’re doing it down in Santa Monica, and it’s nice to be by the beach. So I guess we’ll see what happens. But there are plenty of songs written. And as for a direction? At the moment, I don’t know. But it’ll be different than the last two, because we really need to kick our own asses. We really need to challenge ourselves this time.

SHOCKHOUND: So how’s your notoriously-jinxed love life going?

LIGHTBODY: It’s not. This is the longest I’ve ever been single in my life! Three years now.

SHOCKHOUND: But if it’s going poorly, that’s really bodes well for the next Snow Patrol album…

LIGHTBODY: You know, anybody who’s expecting the next Snow Patrol album to be about my relationships is gonna be sorely disappointed. Because I haven’t had any. So I want to make the next record about something else. And some people — hopefully a lot of people — will be breathing a sigh of relief. Because it’s been too long that I’ve been obsessing over the things that I’ve fucked up in my life. I’d like to start, uhh…branching out a little bit!

:awesome: :dance:

i think they tweaked the arrangement slightly... :thinking: the trumpet bit felt kinda Paolo Nutini-ish, actually (Pencil Full of Lead style/sound for the trumpet). but it's still great & quite apt for the city that's home to Arthur & Guinness on Arthur's Day. :cool:

I love Paolo so this version is great for me :rolleyes:

btw, if you guys didn't already hear about this, the BBC's stolen Gary's game show idea (sort of)! :P

OMG... :stunned: :facepalm: ....he should ask for copyright infrigment :lol:

oh & i probably already said it before, but SP + The Joshua Tree is just frigging awesome!!! can't frigging wait!!!

& U2's The Joshua Tree is my fave U2 album (possibly all time too, actually)!!! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

same here!

I hope the place will give them inspiration but I don't want them to make songs that sounds like U2 though...I want pure SP style! But America seems to bring Gary's best lyrics out of him (TP ones are gorgeous) so I hope that the Joshua Tree & california will do the same!

same here!

I hope the place will give them inspiration but I don't want them to make songs that sounds like U2 though...I want pure SP style! But America seems to bring Gary's best lyrics out of him (TP ones are gorgeous) so I hope that the Joshua Tree & california will do the same!

oh, yeah...definitely! i don't want them to make a U2-sounding album...as nice as it is to hear hints of U2 in the Reworked version of The Planets Bend Between Us (tho i note that the delayed echo sound is handled by Johnny McDaid & not Nathan). it would be great & possibly incredibly ironic if the next SP album is recorded or features photos from the same Joshua Tree spot & turns out to be SP's own The Joshua Tree...metaphorically.

really interested to see (well, ok..."hear" is more appropriate) what the guys have/can come up with & what Gary can "branch out" to in terms of his songs' stories.

btw, i think i've read his blog post about the bat at least 2 times already, but this bit really cracks me up all the time!

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, bat! I proclaimed with manliness aplenty.

:facepalm: :laugh3:

it would be great & possibly incredibly ironic if the next SP album is recorded or features photos from the same Joshua Tree spot & turns out to be SP's own The Joshua Tree...metaphorically.

+1000000000000000000000

really interested to see (well, ok..."hear" is more appropriate) what the guys have/can come up with & what Gary can "branch out" to in terms of his songs' stories.

Maybe songs about all the evil creatures they'll meet in the desert?!!! :lol:

btw, i think i've read his blog post about the bat at least 2 times already, but this bit really cracks me up all the time!

:facepalm: :laugh3:

My crack-up line is this one:

I guess it goes through the list of things pretty fast. Crow? Too small. Small evil spirit? We’ll put that in the maybes. Bat? Oh yeah.

The 'small evil spirit' is the best part.... :laugh3: I totally picture him saying that 'oh yeah'...

Here a little vid where he talks about the bat incident (and he didn't keep his promise to put the bat video on the site :whip: bad Gary,very baaaad!!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV3c3XPMh4o]YouTube - Gary Lightbody discusses bats[/ame]

:laugh3: