✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^OMG! Thanks so much for does videos :nice: I almost started to cry when I saw "Just Say Yes" video :bigcry: mine are horrible, and I was very far from the stage :\

You're welcome :kiss:

Great pic you have in your sig! It's so magical when bands do that. I have experienced it with Coldplay of course, U2 and Snow Patrol and everytime, I got chill bumps...

@Christina: PM sent :D

And me and my friends thought that Gary was very adorable! :blush:

:D that's an undeniable statement...I think we all agree on that here!

They talked a lot with the audience! :D Really cool band! :)

Yeah, they do and that's what is so great about them, cause they really want you to have fun and be part of the show (I recommand you to watch the Q ITV with Gary and Nathan. It's a bit long but very interesting but from 22min, Gary talk about the link with the audience. Very touching:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D-2NurlprE]YouTube- Snow Patrol on Q TV[/ame]

Gary is famous for his funny banters with the audience. I can't resist to repost some of (sooo many).... :rolleyes:

the 'ha...ha...ha' banter (look at @V :D)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNykm-sHrq8]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (Live in Frankfurt)[/ame]

The 'ooOOps' one....*priceless*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_4ANWKRh0c]YouTube- "OOPS!" Gary Lightbody banter from Snow Patrol Nashville concert[/ame]

Gary the 75 year old man....XD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3seKGORhXM]YouTube- T-Mobile Street Gigs- Snow Patrol-The 75 year old man-The Golden Floor[/ame]

Gosh, I love this man :lol: He should do a one man show! And it's funny to see him like that when you know that at the very beginning of the band, he wouldn't talk or even look at the crowd because he was too shy...what a change!!

^^^Uhhh :surprised: Thank you very much for those videos!! My favorite was the last one ahahah I loved how he reacts to people when they scream "aww..." :lol: hillirious! :D And he said so many "bad" words (don't know what you call does words in english :shame: sorry...) but always in an incredibly adorable way :awesome: so cute :blush:

^^Cool video!! :D

^^^Uhhh :surprised: Thank you very much for those videos!! My favorite was the last one ahahah I loved how he reacts to people when they scream "aww..." :lol: hillirious! :D

He always do and that's what so fun cause he's always improvising with the audience, picking one person and talking/making fun of them and sometimes it leads to the cutest things like

-when he came hug a girl in the audience

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJBPkXCNZwk]YouTube - Snow Patrol, RAH - Gary talk #7 - Hug / Bum talk / Jealous guitar[/ame]

-or sing to someone in particular...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plMfNolCa14]YouTube - Gary Lightbody sings to Mairi MacCuish[/ame]

-when he plays the song you're asking

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWiIjDTZAA]YouTube - Snow Patrol perform a song wish[/ame]

-or use it to apologise to the crowd when he mess up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al7UEvrivNs]YouTube - Make This Go On Forever Snow Patrol[/ame]

Any, you get my point :D

And he said so many "bad" words (don't know what you call does words in english :shame: sorry...) but always in an incredibly adorable way :awesome: so cute :blush:

Ahhh :lol: yes ALWAYS!! He often use the F word XD but he's a cute bad mouth!

Sounds like Snow Patrol interacts well with their fans. :surprised:

They're known for that :) I wasn't a big SP fan but after seeing them live, it changes. I've never seen a band so HAPPY on stage! From beginning to end, they're ALL smiling and you really feel they're having a blast and want you to have one. On top of that, add Gary's usual comical act and you have a fantastic gig!

Plus, they're nice with their fan too (the ones here who have met them can testify..I sure do, never met someone so down to earth and lovely). Here an example (from 1min25, the scarf thing... <3):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrFLwN1Z6a0]YouTube - On Tour Part 2[/ame]

so if they come by your area, go see them, you won't be disappointed!

^^^^ Thank you SOO much for those videos! :D btw, I want an hug from him too! :angry:

Yeah, he used a LOT that word specially when they messed up, but they put like 83.000 people laughing because of how adorable he is! :blush: I remember he said something very funny during the concert here, but I can't remember what it was... :thinking:

^^ You met them?? :o

Finally a video of U2's crew on stage during CC!! They sang with the boys, it's the cutest thing ever!!

2010%20-%20360%20Degrees%20Tour%2F2010-09-06%20-%20Istanbul%20%28Photos%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2F2010-09-06_21-02-53_P1360577.JPG

i can't really see who it is (not that i know any of U2's crew to begin with), but that guy seems to be really enjoying sharing the mic with Gary...great stuff! :lol:

& liking that red shirt/white tie/grey(?) jacket combo... :wacky:

U2 + SP = EPICNESS!!! :cool:

btw, i noticed in the Q interview video that Gary & Nathan are all gushing about U2...& continued/diverted back to U2 even when Coldplay was brought up. (just saying...)

I hope they do come by! :wacko:

Gary Lightbody sounds so nice. :blush:

-

he is!!! he's frigging adorkable!!! he'll even go get his bandmates out of their party to save you waiting in the freezing cold & will even get himself wet in the rain for you... :D

which brings me to once again say: "dammit Gary! how the hell am i going to find a guy who matches up to the high standards you keep setting???" :inquisitive:

(yes, i am a lost cause...beware the dangers you face in a close encounter of the Snow Patrol/Lightbody kind)

& i really want SP to come by Malaysia...for the sake of my fellow Malaysians...most of whom know Chasing Cars the song more than the band & think that they're either:

1) a 1-hit wonder (Chasing Cars)

2) Snow Patrol = Gary Lightbody = Snow Patrol (what about his 4 other "brothers"?)

3) a boring band musically/live

4) can't believe that Run is NOT a Leona Lewis song

but at least they've been interviewed by JUICE Malaysia (i was SO happy when i saw this on FB!)

http://juiceonline.com/blog/interview-snow-patrol/

^^^^ Thank you SOO much for those videos! :D btw, I want an hug from him too! :angry:

Yeah, he used a LOT that word specially when they messed up, but they put like 83.000 people laughing because of how adorable he is! :blush: I remember he said something very funny during the concert here, but I can't remember what it was... :thinking:

he swears a lot, but he does make his swearing more "child friendly" when he knows there's children around (Tired Pony gig...Jacknife Lee's 2 adorable kids were there & sang onstage) or when his mum's in the crowd (1 of the Reworked Tour shows at RAH)...in which case, you'll hear loads of "oh, fudge!" or "oh, sugar!" :laugh3: too adorable!

btw, i noticed in the Q interview video that Gary & Nathan are all gushing about U2...& continued/diverted back to U2 even when Coldplay was brought up. (just saying...)

Curiousity, why was Coldplay brought up?

he is!!! he's frigging adorkable!!! he'll even go get his bandmates out of their party to save you waiting in the freezing cold & will even get himself wet in the rain for you... :D

which brings me to once again say: "dammit Gary! how the hell am i going to find a guy who matches up to the high standards you keep setting???" :inquisitive:

(yes, i am a lost cause...beware the dangers you face in a close encounter of the Snow Patrol/Lightbody kind)

& i really want SP to come by Malaysia...for the sake of my fellow Malaysians...most of whom know Chasing Cars the song more than the band & think that they're either:

1) a 1-hit wonder (Chasing Cars)

2) Snow Patrol = Gary Lightbody = Snow Patrol (what about his 4 other "brothers"?)

3) a boring band musically/live

4) can't believe that Run is NOT a Leona Lewis song

but at least they've been interviewed by JUICE Malaysia (i was SO happy when i saw this on FB!)

http://juiceonline.com/blog/interview-snow-patrol/

You've met them before, right? :wacko:

I remember you said something about having an album signed by them.

Malaysians only seem to know the radio music. :disappointed: Good grief, Snow Patrol under the shadow of Leona Lewis :wtf: :disappointed:

Juice is one of the Malaysian magazines that's not exactly mainstream.

I friggin hope Snow Patrol comes here. I want more acts to come here. :dead:

(But then again, I don't know whether I can go or not if they do come)

Curiousity, why was Coldplay brought up?

was brought up cos SP supported Coldplay on the US leg of the Viva La Vida tour. these days interviewers tend to ask them about how it's like touring with 2 of the biggest bands in the world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3rNP7M_6Ys]Snow Patrol Interview[/ame]

incidentally, SP used to support Biffy Clyro & Athlete back in the early days...look how far they've come now! :)

i guess that's why Gary's always writing about lesser known indie bands in Q mag & his blog/forum posts. a lot of them are seriously obscure bands that i wouldn't know about if not for him. i blame my recent obsession with The National on him. that song England is a killer track! :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcVy86-n_xI]SNOW PATROL STILL AN INDIE BAND AT HEART[/ame]

You've met them before, right? :wacko:

I remember you said something about having an album signed by them.

Malaysians only seem to know the radio music. :disappointed: Good grief, Snow Patrol under the shadow of Leona Lewis :wtf: :disappointed:

Juice is one of the Malaysian magazines that's not exactly mainstream.

I friggin hope Snow Patrol comes here. I want more acts to come here. :dead:

(But then again, I don't know whether I can go or not if they do come)

yeah...well, most of them anyway. they're all very nice guys. & i'm now gonna keep my camera for life, man! hahaha Pablo took photos for me with it...thanks to Jonny! :wacky:

saw an interview once where Tom said they'd like to next tour to parts of the world that they haven't been to before & he mentioned Singapore as an example. & there's a music festilval in Indonesia where the organisers put SP on their festival wish list. or maybe Guinness can work on getting them to do Arthur's Day in Malaysia next year! :wink3:

but knowing the Malaysian/Asian market/music taste, it's probably going to be an American dominated hip hop, R&B heavy thing again... :thinking:

i like Juice too...pity they won't be publishing the magazine anymore. but at least they'll still be around online.

Gary twice in two days :lol: last July. Long story short: I went to London to see Tired Pony (Gary's side project) and the day before the gig, I was dining in a small pizza place ( actually the Pizza Express accross the Dublin Castle!! *coldplay karma*) where Gary came in to order pizzas :stunned: I didn't ask him for an autograph or a photo cause I didn't want to drew attention on him (nobody noticed him!) but when he was on his way out, I went to talk discretly to him and he was adorable with me ^^ All smiling and friendly. And on my way to my hotel, I passed by Tom who said hello to me when he saw me looking at him with a stupid grin on my face XD

I saw Gary again the next day after the show where he signed and take pictures for all of us (still have to print my pic with him btw... :thinking: )

i can't really see who it is (not that i know any of U2's crew to begin with), but that guy seems to be really enjoying sharing the mic with Gary...great stuff! :lol:

Apparently, that's the guy he's talking about in his message on U2's site: Rocko, the crew manager (?).

(and Kimi, you change your avi, it took me *again* ( 5 sec to recognise you XD)

Oh yeeeees!! The 'you're all have gotten wet for me, I don't see why I won't be getting wet for you'... :rolleyes:

Such a sweetheart :heart:

+100000000000000 and I never seen a band so close! They really are 'brothers', that's really sweet to witness.

Some Gary/Nathan/Tom love... <3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsA6X08KuuQ]YouTube - Crack the Shutters - Snow Patrol | Paris, Olympia[/ame]

i guess that's why Gary's always writing about lesser known indie bands in Q mag & his blog/forum posts. a lot of them are seriously obscure bands that i wouldn't know about if not for him.

Yeah, bless him for his massiv blog posts or chronicles on Q's site and magazine!

Gary twice in two days :lol: last July. Long story short: I went to London to see Tired Pony (Gary's side project) and the day before the gig, I was dining in a small pizza place ( actually the Pizza Express accross the Dublin Castle!! *coldplay karma*) where Gary came in to order pizzas :stunned: I didn't ask him for an autograph or a photo cause I didn't want to drew attention on him (nobody noticed him!) but when he was on his way out, I went to talk discretly to him and he was adorable with me ^^ All smiling and friendly. And on my way to my hotel, I passed by Tom who said hello to me when he saw me looking at him with a stupid grin on my face XD

I saw Gary again the next day after the show where he signed and take pictures for all of us (still have to print my pic with him btw... :thinking: )

Aw...he sounds great! :nice: I always wanted to meet one of my idols, but I don't think that would have courage to speak with them :P

Aw...he sounds great! :nice: I always wanted to meet one of my idols, but I don't think that would have courage to speak with them :P

I didn't but my friend who was dining with me pushed me to and when she said 'if you don't go, I'll go'...I thought 'f*ck, I won't let that happen!' :lol: And surprisingly, I managed to utter articulated sentences even though his smile and big blue eyes made it VERY hard... :sweatdrop:

ahahaha I would be to nervous to speak in english :lol: I would probably start speaking in portuguese and he would be like :wtf: lol last july I think I saw Will Champion having dinner with a huge group of people in Corsica, but I didn't had the courage to go ask if was him :shame: