✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

afraid it'll likely still be 18+ only...i think even the Arthur's Day in Ireland has an age restriction cos some of the venues are pubs where they have surprise gigs by the artists/bands performing in their Arthur's Day events.

*imagines the idea of seeing SP perform in some random pub in Dublin...awesomeness!* :wideeyed:

& yeah, i know right? when they had the Arthur's Day event in Malaysia for the 250th anniversary of Guinness, i was like "why'd they choose Malaysia?"...not that i don't want a big music festival type event like it in Malaysia & i do know about that brewery cos i used to pass it every day on the way to college/uni, but it's like what you said & Singapore would've seemed the more obvious choice. then i went to Dublin & visited the Guinness Storehouse & found out why... :idea2:

Aww man. 18+. :disappointed:

Whoa, surprise gigs!

Damn it, I need to go for at least one gig. :shame:

We have MTV World Stage here, but not that the line-up is even good. :shifty:

Singapore is definitely the obvious choice.

If I ever visit Ireland, I must visit the Guinness Storehouse! :wacko:

yeah! that show/musical...or whatever he wants to call it. cos i remember it even had chinese opera/acrobats in it!

well, i mean "left field" in a sense that it's not quite what i'd usually listen to. there are some artists/bands/music that i just can't get myself to like, even if i try & regardless of whether they're mainstream or obscure or pop or metal or whatever. Radiohead somehow has always been one of them. don't really know why... :thinking:

Yeah. And now both of them are working on an opera (I think sorta like a musical)! Amazing, talented duo. /pure admiration for them

Radiohead's music can be odd, I guess... You listen to metal? :surprised:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 1m93 (?) and I'm 1m50 so each time he had to bend over :laugh3: but I'm a little bit under his shoulder

p1030864pola.jpg

I knew they were but not that blue...it's pretty impressiv!

oooh! so that's how you look like! i definitely remember you now! ...well, i remember seeing you anyway. :D

& there he is in that blue shirt he got himself wet in for us...hehe

i'm about 5ft2in/158cm & he's a good head taller than me. well, just about all the SP guys are much taller than me other than Tom, actually.

16647_342629730396_691140396_9723457_1848393_n.jpg

16647_342745905396_691140396_9725172_2910510_n.jpg

16647_342745900396_691140396_9725171_3329390_n.jpg

Come on girls?!!! You hadn't notice that?!!

Gary+Lightbody+5.jpg

(He has a little bit of brown in it actually...)

Just before the recording of Eyes Open, so 2005... :thinking:

i didn't really notice his eyes in Bristol (closest i got to the man himself!). :shame: was too busy trying to think of something more intelligent to say to him than "could you sign this for me?" :embarrassed: & thinking that his voice sounded really hoarse & staring at him in general...& thinking how tall he is & how bloody massive his hands are. my tiny little mini/keychain Sharpie looked even tinier in his hand...& disappeared into his hand eventually anyway, i think. haha

& must suck to be Mark...he's sacked just around the time SP start to actually be successful. i guess that's why he tried to get the 25% of the profits so far...tho that's still a lot. especially when not all of the album & tour sales' profits go to the band themselves, from what i know anyway.

Yeah they are ^^ On and off stage.

I would say yes... :shrug: SP are more interactiv but it's different... :thinking: I mean Coldplay are pretty accessible when you have the chance to bump into them (see all the fans, again recently Anna and Imke, who happened to saw them, they are nice and adorable with fans). They didn't come out after gigs but like Matt McGinn explained in his book: because they have a plane to catch to go to the next gig. It's not like they don't want to see fans. SP plays smaller venues (except in nothern Ireland XD), they have time afterwards ^^ Plus, they aren't as mediatised as Coldplay, so they go unoticed in public places.

As for the attitude on stage, again, it's different... Chris is an excellent frontman, very easy going and funny. I think he connects well with the audience but it stays pretty punctual. On the contrary, Gary puts a 'comedy act' almost between each song XD He chit-chat a lot of nonsense which leads to audience cracking up -> which leads to all kinda of crazy reaction from the crowd and Gary'feed' on that. SP gig are a funny 'mess' because it's really spontaneous...Coldplay 'behave' more.. :lol:

I dunno how the others here feel it...?! But I guess that not having fans for a decade really humble SP and now that they finaaaally have fans, they really treasure them :)

i agree with you, actually. in terms of the gig experience, i've only seen SP once & it wasn't a "normal" SP gig, but it definitely felt more interactive & intimate than the 2 times i saw Coldplay (once in Singapore's indoor stadium and another at the massive Wembley). not saying that Coldplay aren't interactive, they do try. it's just the feel of the overall experience.

imo, Coldplay's VLV gigs were very slick & polished shows & Chris is really entertaining & funny in general. but with the SP gigs, i think the key factor was Gary's crowd banters, which is quite different from the way Chris interacts with the crowd.

he was entertaining us all, obviously, but at the same time he was directly interacting with individuals in the crowd - hugging a "scary" guy sitting cross armed the entire time up front, telling the ppl sitting up in the balcony at the very corner that they deserved a partial refund cos those are quite lousy seats, teasing a specific person/voice somewhere in the crowd if he hears something. & there's the fact that a typical SP gig rarely goes on w/o some sorta hitch like audio/technical problems or Gary forgetting/mucking up the words to his own songs. just makes it all seem less well rehearsed & more "real", in a way...Gary even came onstage with a white mug in his hand! :laugh3:

as for post gig, i hung around a bit in Singapore after the Coldplay gig, which was how i met the lovely Min (butadream) & she'd told me that the others'd all gone off immediately after the gig finished except for Chris. & when he did come out, it was quite a while & he went straight into a van & was pretty much surrounded by security/crew ppl. he did wave to the few of us waiting around in the area as he left tho.

with SP, it may have also to do with the fact that it was Bristol & the tour bus was just at the side of the road/venue & there weren't many ppl around anyway. but the guys were all really nice to us & all had a short chat with each of us...it did take Gary going back in to get them (Jonny, Paul & Nathan...Tom came out way before Gary or the others. ) to come out to save us waiting in the cold tho. heh

& each of the guys would ask if we'd gotten a decent photo when we asked to take a photo with them before they walked away or focused their attention on someone else. heck, i was going to do one of them self taken shots with Jonny cos i was on my own, but he called Paul over to help me take a photo instead (!!! :stunned: :D ) & then Paul even insisted on taking another photo for me with Jonny just cos he thought the first photo was "all blurry and shaky" :wacky: (he could have very well not be bothered & just go back to drinking his bottle of cider really)!

yeah, Gary even does radio DJing well! (is there any end to this man's talents???)

For now, I don't think so...but maybe we're biaised :lol:

4793808457_44f0579e5a_o.jpg

This has got to be the greatest thing I've seen all day. :cheesy: He looks so badass.

He looks so stupid :lol: One word: ADORKABLE!!! :D

oooh! so that's how you look like! i definitely remember you now! ...well, i remember seeing you anyway. :D

The other (and taller) brunette was Virginie (arwen88) ^^

& there he is in that blue shirt he got himself wet in for us...hehe

:rolleyes: and you can see the rain stain on the shirt....bless him!

& must suck to be Mark...he's sacked just around the time SP start to actually be successful. i guess that's why he tried to get the 25% of the profits so far...tho that's still a lot. especially when not all of the album & tour sales' profits go to the band themselves, from what i know anyway.

Yeah, sucks for him and I get he must 'angry' but if he's been an asshole in the band, it's better he's out...Plus, Pablo seems to be such a sweetheart :heart:

i

agree with you, actually. in terms of the gig experience, i've only seen SP once & it wasn't a "normal" SP gig, but it definitely felt more interactive & intimate than the 2 times i saw Coldplay (once in Singapore's indoor stadium and another at the massive Wembley). not saying that Coldplay aren't interactive, they do try. it's just the feel of the overall experience.

imo, Coldplay's VLV gigs were very slick & polished shows & Chris is really entertaining & funny in general. but with the SP gigs, i think the key factor was Gary's crowd banters, which is quite different from the way Chris interacts with the crowd.

he was entertaining us all, obviously, but at the same time he was directly interacting with individuals in the crowd - hugging a "scary" guy sitting cross armed the entire time up front, telling the ppl sitting up in the balcony at the very corner that they deserved a partial refund cos those are quite lousy seats, teasing a specific person/voice somewhere in the crowd if he hears something. & there's the fact that a typical SP gig rarely goes on w/o some sorta hitch like audio/technical problems or Gary forgetting/mucking up the words to his own songs. just makes it all seem less well rehearsed & more "real", in a way...Gary even came onstage with a white mug in his hand! :laugh3:

+10000000000000 on everything! As for gL's interaction with the crowd, in Paris, it was a normal gig and he did pick people out XD Same goes for the TP show we were....('impatient man n°1'...lol)

with SP, it may have also to do with the fact that it was Bristol & the tour bus was just at the side of the road/venue & there weren't many ppl around anyway. but the guys were all really nice to us & all had a short chat with each of us...it did take Gary going back in to get them (Jonny, Paul & Nathan...Tom came out way before Gary or the others. ) to come out to save us waiting in the cold tho. heh

& each of the guys would ask if we'd gotten a decent photo when we asked to take a photo with them before they walked away or focused their attention on someone else. heck, i was going to do one of them self taken shots with Jonny cos i was on my own, but he called Paul over to help me take a photo instead (!!! :stunned: :D ) & then Paul even insisted on taking another photo for me with Jonny just cos he thought the first photo was "all blurry and shaky" :wacky: (he could have very well not be bothered & just go back to drinking his bottle of cider really)!

They are such sweethearts :heart: They really are attentiv. I think it's pretty rare nowadays... :shame:

He's 1m93 (?) and I'm 1m50 so each time he had to bend over :laugh3: but I'm a little bit under his shoulder

p1030864pola.jpg

I knew they were but not that blue...it's pretty impressiv!

You're welcome :) I love this site!

aww.... u look pretty!! Hoping 1 day I'll get the chance to meet the man next to u! :laugh3::laugh3:

Yep most of the time... ^^ So it's not they don't want to be with their fans, it's just they can't !

Yes and no... XD I mean Coldplay can be 'loose', when Chris is being Chris and they fuck up but let say that most of the time, they're pretty concentrate and totally into the music. It's intense (emotionnally speaking). Same goes for SP but I dunno, there is a 'different feel' to their gigs...maybe because they're smiling all the time (and all of them), you really have the feeling it's their recreation! And add that Gary being his usual self, a typical SP show is like this: beautiful, intense and..fucked up XD!

Typical example:

'Je t'aime..je t'aime'...lol He ALWAYS forgot lyrics... :facepalm: :lol:

Never had the chance to see them, but I've seen many live performances and they're kinda like robots...Part of it is due to Caleb's HUGE shyness and fear of failure but they don't even smile...(not talking about 'chatting', it's way too complicated XD). But I love theirmusic...*incurable fan*

aww..... it is soooo cute when he admit he forgot the lyrics and Je t'aime..je t'aime! :P:P

Yeah they are ^^ On and off stage.

I would say yes... :shrug: SP are more interactiv but it's different... :thinking: I mean Coldplay are pretty accessible when you have the chance to bump into them (see all the fans, again recently Anna and Imke, who happened to saw them, they are nice and adorable with fans). They didn't come out after gigs but like Matt McGinn explained in his book: because they have a plane to catch to go to the next gig. It's not like they don't want to see fans. SP plays smaller venues (except in nothern Ireland XD), they have time afterwards ^^ Plus, they aren't as mediatised as Coldplay, so they go unoticed in public places.

As for the attitude on stage, again, it's different... Chris is an excellent frontman, very easy going and funny. I think he connects well with the audience but it stays pretty punctual. On the contrary, Gary puts a 'comedy act' almost between each song XD He chit-chat a lot of nonsense which leads to audience cracking up -> which leads to all kinda of crazy reaction from the crowd and Gary'feed' on that. SP gig are a funny 'mess' because it's really spontaneous...Coldplay 'behave' more.. :lol:

I dunno how the others here feel it...?! But I guess that not having fans for a decade really humble SP and now that they finaaaally have fans, they really treasure them :)

Yeah, I meant KINGS OF LEON....(and I love them deeply, but their attitude on stage or off is just :facepalm: )

yeah, like Gary said they can walk around with nobody notice them, even with their song was playing in the shop as they walked in and nobody even notice them!!

i'm about 5ft2in/158cm & he's a good head taller than me. well, just about all the SP guys are much taller than me other than Tom, actually.

16647_342629730396_691140396_9723457_1848393_n.jpg

16647_342745905396_691140396_9725172_2910510_n.jpg

16647_342745900396_691140396_9725171_3329390_n.jpg

You look so cute and happy! :blush:

i didn't really notice his eyes in Bristol (closest i got to the man himself!). :shame: was too busy trying to think of something more intelligent to say to him than "could you sign this for me?" :embarrassed: & thinking that his voice sounded really hoarse & staring at him in general...& thinking how tall he is & how bloody massive his hands are. my tiny little mini/keychain Sharpie looked even tinier in his hand...& disappeared into his hand eventually anyway, i think. haha

Oh yes, I love Gary's hand!

In the Set the Fire to the Third Bar video, his hands were likeee whoaaa.

GaryLightbody3.jpg

Pity him. :\

i agree with you, actually. in terms of the gig experience, i've only seen SP once & it wasn't a "normal" SP gig, but it definitely felt more interactive & intimate than the 2 times i saw Coldplay (once in Singapore's indoor stadium and another at the massive Wembley). not saying that Coldplay aren't interactive, they do try. it's just the feel of the overall experience.

as for post gig, i hung around a bit in Singapore after the Coldplay gig, which was how i met the lovely Min (butadream) & she'd told me that the others'd all gone off immediately after the gig finished except for Chris. & when he did come out, it was quite a while & he went straight into a van & was pretty much surrounded by security/crew ppl. he did wave to the few of us waiting around in the area as he left tho.

It's almost as if the band is friends with the crowd and the crowd is there to support their friends for a gig, by the sound of it. :wacko: Coming on stage with a mug, that's so casual! Yet it's pretty interactive with the crowd.

Coldplay is much more famous compared to SP, maybe that's why CP is more 'official'? :\

You lucky lucky girl! :P

Btw, where is Min? I haven't seen her around the forum in a longgggggg time.

aww..... it is soooo cute when he admit he forgot the lyrics and Je t'aime..je t'aime! :P:P

Gary ALWAYS forgot lyrics! That's a 'habit', even when he had a tele-prompt at his feet...XD In the 'up to now' documentary, he says that sometimes, he's so overwhelmed that the 'english language desert him'...Nathan says that a SP gig wouldn't be one if Gary doesn't forgot the lyrics... :laugh3: But Gary always make up for it by either joking or make-up new lyrics fitting the current situation... :lol:

It's almost as if the band is friends with the crowd and the crowd is there to support their friends for a gig, by the sound of it. :wacko:

That's exactly it! It feels like you're with 'friends' and they're playing in your living room, joking around....SP gig have this 'intimate' and 'friendly' feel...Maybe it's accentuate by the fact that Gary talk about his life (what he's been doing today, or what he saw etc...) and interacts directly with several personn in the crowd...You're not intimidated by them cause from minute 1 of the show, they put you at ease and you can feel how humble, simple and regular guys they are. Pretty sweet ^^

(vid is from our lovely Anna (SueDeNimes)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9VItoHOfPM]YouTube - Snow Patrol, Royal Albert Hall - Gary talk #12 - What's next? / Do you want one of these hugs?[/ame]

Coming on stage with a mug, that's so casual! Yet it's pretty interactive with the crowd.

Here gL with his mug during the RAH shows (vid is from our lovely Anna (SueDeNimes)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miL_eRdJQ44]YouTube - Snow Patrol, Royal Albert Hall - Gary talk #2 Combusting Spontaneously[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaQy6AJ0WQI]YouTube - Snow Patrol, Royal Albert Hall - Gary talk #8 - This isn't North Korea / Stay standing up[/ame]

:laugh3: typical gL banters....

SP to play a festival in Brazil on 16th october: http://www.naturamusical.com.br/festivalnaturanos/

(dunno if anyone here can go?)

-edit---------------------------

Snow Patrol Helping To Write New Example Album

Rapper has teamed up with Irish rockers…

Example is working with Snow Patrol on his next album, he has revealed.

The rapper said he was a “massive fan” of the Irish band and that they were helping him write the follow-up to ‘Wont Got Quietly’, which was released earlier this year.

“I like co-writes but I’m very selective about who I work with,” he told BBC Newsbeat.

Example has written around 6 or 7 songs for the album, and said that he was “trying to apply grunge sentiments and lyrics to dance music”

The album is due to be released in early 2011. Example also revealed that he would like to collaborate with Kasabian on the project.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/58438/Snow-Patrol-Helping-To-Write-New-Example-Album

Hum...guys...why don't you focus on YOUR album :whip:

The other (and taller) brunette was Virginie (arwen88) ^^

:rolleyes: and you can see the rain stain on the shirt....bless him!

ah, i remember thinking you poor girls looked like you must be freezing from the cold & wet (& typically British) weather. to think we were having loads of sunshine right before that night! :\

He looks so stupid :lol: One word: ADORKABLE!!! :D

i'm wondering how many pints of Guinness he'd had just before he went & put on those shades. :dozey: :lol:

& apparently his current less uni student-y dressing onstage is thanks to the U2 crew...seems he loved wearing baggy jeans & tees before one of the U2 crew badgered Gary into wearing skinny jeans & fitted tops. :dozey:

Rodriguez: Here's a compliment: I've seen recent live photos of you wearing skinny jeans, as compared to baggy Levi's and T-shirts you've worn at previous shows. I'm glad to see you wearing clothes that actually fit you.

Lightbody: Thank you very much. You're not the first person who's said that to me. I have U2's management to thank for that. One of their managers, Susan Hunter, would always complain about the shirts I was wearing at the start of the tour - she basically badgered me until I wore clothes that actually fit me, like you just said.

the rest of the interview (done by the Seattle Gay News) here

oh...& that first bit in the interview! Gary's answer is SO typical of him! :D

(provided he's not being persistently annoyed... :P )

Albert Rodriguez: Why did it take so long for Snow Patrol to play Seattle on this tour? We feel abandoned.

Gary Lightbody: You feel abandoned? Oh dear, I'm sorry about that. We don't want to make you feel abandoned. We haven't done it on purpose, that's for sure. We love Seattle, we really do. A lot of the impetus, a lot of the inspiration for us - all of us in the band becoming musicians in the first place - came from the city of Seattle and the music scene. It's not a slight on Seattle itself, it's just tour itineraries that are not made by the band, they're made by agents and management. So please don't take it personally.

You look so cute and happy! :blush:

thank ye...tho i should say that i was star struck. & it still cracks me up how Jonny & Paul had to kinda squat down to accommodate this shorty... :lol:

wish the photo with Paul didn't turn up so shaky & blurry tho...we looked pretty "chummy" there. :wink3: (even if it's still Gary >>> Paul for me)

It's almost as if the band is friends with the crowd and the crowd is there to support their friends for a gig, by the sound of it. :wacko: Coming on stage with a mug, that's so casual! Yet it's pretty interactive with the crowd.

Coldplay is much more famous compared to SP, maybe that's why CP is more 'official'? :\

You lucky lucky girl! :P

Btw, where is Min? I haven't seen her around the forum in a longgggggg time.

yeah, i guess it's cos Coldplay's now much more famous internationally.

SP's considered big in the UK & Ireland, but they're not really *that* famous/popular, especially outside of UK & Ireland. the guys do joke about how they're never/hardly ever on any magazine covers cos they don't look good enough. bless them. :laugh3: (guess that does help them to remain not-so-recognisable in public at least)

Min's doing fine. she's been travelling around & busy with life in general. she's taking a break away from CPing.com for a while til things settle down for her. :)

Hum...guys...why don't you focus on YOUR album :whip:

gosh! i was wondering what in the world's an "example album".......................then i realised that the rapper's called Example! doh! :shame:

ah, i remember thinking you poor girls looked like you must be freezing from the cold & wet (& typically British) weather. to think we were having loads of sunshine right before that night! :\

oh gosh..we were really freezing!! I put on the TP shirt I had bought cause I was so cold and we kept searching for some refuge on the little porch next to the parking lot...What a night! But SO WORTH the wait... :rolleyes: I'm actually glad it was freezing cause because of it, I wasn't blushing on the photo with gL :lol:

the rest of the interview (done by the Seattle Gay News) here

oh...& that first bit in the interview! Gary's answer is SO typical of him! :D

(provided he's not being persistently annoyed... :P )

Thanks for this ITV, I hadn't seen it before!! I LOVE the journalist description of gL "he packs brains, talent, charm, and everything else, into a lean 6-foot-4 frame, and lucky for us he squeezes it all into a pair of skinny jeans these days." :rolleyes:

And Gary's answer are just...Garyesque :laugh3:

Rodriguez: Do you just to listen to the music or do you dance?

Lightbody: Oh, I dance & like crazy. [Laughs.] [Keyboardist] Tom [simpson] was a DJ when I first met him, and I would go to his clubs where he played music and I'd be the one creating quite a lot of space for myself on the dance floor with people looking at me, going, "What the hell is this guy on?" But I wasn't really on anything at the time, I was more just high on the music. I dance energetically and enthusiastically.

He's right on his 'dance moves' if you're judging by THIS (from 1min56 to 2min15 :laugh3: ) (you have to click on the vid to open it on youtube)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFDRLf-vB9I]YouTube - Shut your eyes - Snow Patrol live in Stuttgart 2009[/ame]

You want to see it from the back?!! LMAO *don't ever change Gary!*

garyrobotdance.gif

gosh! i was wondering what in the world's an "example album".......................then i realised that the rapper's called Example! doh! :shame:

You don't know these songs?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax77HBqjYLw]YouTube - Example - Won't go quietly[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAgegxdVdFU]YouTube - Example - Watch The Sun Come Up (Official Video) (Out NOW)[/ame]

they play it non stop here :dozey:

oh gosh..we were really freezing!! I put on the TP shirt I had bought cause I was so cold and we kept searching for some refuge on the little porch next to the parking lot...What a night! But SO WORTH the wait... :rolleyes: I'm actually glad it was freezing cause because of it, I wasn't blushing on the photo with gL :lol:

i was regretting that i didn't have any jacket with me. was so sure it'd be as warm as the past few nights... & you'd think i'd know better after being in the UK for almost a year by then! :dozey:

but that was pretty smart of you 2 to go to that little porch area for shelter.

Thanks for this ITV, I hadn't seen it before!! I LOVE the journalist description of gL "he packs brains, talent, charm, and everything else, into a lean 6-foot-4 frame, and lucky for us he squeezes it all into a pair of skinny jeans these days." :rolleyes:

And Gary's answer are just...Garyesque :laugh3:

He's right on his 'dance moves' if you're judging by THIS (from 1min56 to 2min15 :laugh3: ) (you have to click on the vid to open it on youtube)

You want to see it from the back?!! LMAO *don't ever change Gary!*

garyrobotdance.gif

haha...yeah, it's a recent discovery for me too. & i'm guessing the interviewer's a gay guy who thinks Gary's fit. evidence: that intro line, complimenting him, asking about him taking his top off...& trust a gay guy to be fashion savvy enough to notice that Gary's wearing skinny jeans these days & baggy Levi's before this! :lol:

You don't know these songs?

they play it non stop here :dozey:

can't say i do...but then i usually listen to Absolute Radio & they don't play rap stuff. his songs feel very like Calvin Harris to me...not really my cup of tea, but i don't hate it either. :inquisitive:

i do like that 2nd video tho...alternating between the sketch animation & real life. :)

oh & here's another newly discovered interview (for me at least)...

Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody Takes Our Pop Quiz

some of my fave questions & answers:

The latest album is called A Hundred Million Suns. What scientifically have you done lately?

Apart from sabotaging the Large Hadron Collider at CERN? I don’t have a grounding in science, I went into the arts—English, History, and stuff, so science kind of got left behind. And recently, in the last two or three years, I picked up a copy of the New Scientist magazine in an airport, then every week I found myself buying it, and started getting more and more interested, and then reading some Steve Jones and Richard Dawkins, and ancestry and genealogy.

so THAT's why the LHC didn't work when it was supposed to! Gary broke it! :laugh3:

Are you superstitious?

Yeah [pulls up pant legs to show two different-colored socks]. I never wear the same color of socks, and [pretends to unbutton pants], loads of stuff. But the socks thing will start it off.

it's true! what Bradley said! haha

he *does* wear mismatching socks ALL THE TIME!!! too adorkable!!! :wacky:

& in response to the video of him dancing his adorkable dance...

Do you think you’re a good dancer?

Absolutely. Brilliant. I’m as fluid as Jackson.

:laugh3: oh, dear... :laugh3: :facepalm:

...& lastly...he wants a tattoo?!?!

can't say i do...but then i usually listen to Absolute Radio & they don't play rap stuff. his songs feel very like Calvin Harris to me...not really my cup of tea, but i don't hate it either. :inquisitive:

It plays quite a lot here on different stations...so I thought it was the same elsewhere :shrug:

i do like that 2nd video tho...alternating between the sketch animation & real life. :)

It's a ripp-off of A-Ha 'take on me'... :lol:

oh & here's another newly discovered interview (for me at least)...

Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody Takes Our Pop Quiz

:awesome: great find!! I never noticed he had mismatched socks?! XD

I burst out laughing at that one :laugh3:

The latest album is called A Hundred Million Suns. What scientifically have you done lately?

Apart from sabotaging the Large Hadron Collider at CERN?

...& lastly...he wants a tattoo?!?!

Me too but I'm scared of needles :facepalm:

When he's speaking of 'his happy relationship' he was in during AHMS' writing, he's speaking about Lisa Hannigan right?! :thinking:

But it always sadden when he speaks of his drinking problem...I'm glad it's behind him. I bookmarked the Herald ITV where he spoke openly about it and how the band and Jonny in particular helped him (for those who haven't read it, prepare tissues: http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/music-features/friends-reunited-1.1031626

Which led to the beautiful 'give me strengh' song he wrote for them as a thank you...I tear up every time I hear it...those lyrics :bigcry:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur-znFj10Gc]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Give me strength live @ BBC[/ame]

But to go back to a 'happier note', my favorite quote is this one:

“Success to us isn’t a chart thing. It’s when you turn up to play a gig and find the place is full.”

That quote is so humble!

thank ye...tho i should say that i was star struck. & it still cracks me up how Jonny & Paul had to kinda squat down to accommodate this shorty... :lol:

wish the photo with Paul didn't turn up so shaky & blurry tho...we looked pretty "chummy" there. :wink3: (even if it's still Gary >>> Paul for me)

Paul's cute. :shy:

Min's doing fine. she's been travelling around & busy with life in general. she's taking a break away from CPing.com for a while til things settle down for her. :)

Oh. Well, I feel like nominating her for the next Coldplaying Awards. :cool:

That quote is so humble!

Yep. Spending 10 years (!!!) playing for "10 people with 5 in the supporting band" (to quote gL) and even in a streaptease club...has affected them deeply. Now that people are showing up, they said it's like Christmas!! There is an old ITV (back from FS aera) where gL told that their friends used to send them jokingly every year postcards for the new year with written '19XX or 20XX, the year of Snow Patrol'...lol, and how they should now wear a t-shirt saying 'Snow Patrol: a decade of laughter to hide the tears'...Funny story but it shows well how tough it was for them...v.v (again, see Q TV interview where gL and Nathan spoke a lot about those years in the gutter...)

Yep. Spending 10 years (!!!) playing for "10 people with 5 in the supporting band" (to quote gL) and even in a streaptease club...has affected them deeply. Now that people are showing up, they said it's like Christmas!! There is an old ITV (back from FS aera) where gL told that their friends used to send them jokingly every year postcards for the new year with written '19XX or 20XX, the year of Snow Patrol'...lol, and how they should now wear a t-shirt saying 'Snow Patrol: a decade of laughter to hide the tears'...Funny story but it shows well how tough it was for them...v.v (again, see Q TV interview where gL and Nathan spoke a lot about those years in the gutter...)

Oh my. And they're quite famous now. No wonder they're so humble; they really are grateful for how they turn out now. :wacko:

I think I will go watch the QTV interview later. :cool:

Oh my. And they're quite famous now. No wonder they're so humble; they really are grateful for how they turn out now. :wacko:

I think I will go watch the QTV interview later. :cool:

You should, it's very interesting and for one time, the journalist asks GOOD questions (and you have gL imitating a drunk irishman...XD):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D-2NurlprE]YouTube - Snow Patrol on Q TV[/ame]

gL often says that if they were successfull at their debut, the band wouldn't have survived and he would be in 'ditch somewhere' (see last bit of this trailer to Up to now documentary

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KbvpA-pZX0]YouTube - Snow Patrol 'Up To Now' Webisode 1[/ame]

And just because it has always make me laugh...Snow Patrol's story XD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyrsufoJ_68]YouTube - A Brief History Of Snow Patrol - Eyebrowy / ATL TV[/ame]

This is the biggest gig we've ever done... lol

You should, it's very interesting and for one time, the journalist asks GOOD questions (and you have gL imitating a drunk irishman...XD):

gL often says that if they were successfull at their debut, the band wouldn't have survived and he would be in 'ditch somewhere' (see last bit of this trailer to Up to now documentary

Thanks for sharing the comic video, really funny! :laugh3::laugh3:

:laugh3::laugh3: The drunk man. :wacko:

And Nathan keeps getting called handsome. Well, he is. :shy:

Playing to small crowds, to the big crowd of music festivals. Whoaaa. 10 years.

I love Qtv, the video quality is good, they interview many good bands/musicians and I kinda like the interviewer; he asks and speaks well.

:laugh3: That brief history. :lol:

Thanks for sharing the comic video, really funny! :laugh3::laugh3:

You're welcome ^^ They did something about Coldplay or Chris, I don't remember.. :thinking: just check out their channel ^^

:laugh3::laugh3: The drunk man. :wacko:

And Nathan keeps getting called handsome. Well, he is. :shy:

Maybe I'm weird but I don't find him 'handsome'...I mean, he's no Guy Berryman :lol: and there is sthg about his eyes that just :shrug: To me, he's better looking in black & white on Bradley's photo or the AHMS' bonus :laugh3:

Playing to small crowds, to the big crowd of music festivals. Whoaaa. 10 years.

Impressiv they hold it together through all the shit...Here the ITV where gL talks about the streap club (@4min30->end)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfVQ8lDvmDg]YouTube - Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol talks to Ruth Scott PT 1/2[/ame]

I love Qtv, the video quality is good, they interview many good bands/musicians and I kinda like the interviewer; he asks and speaks well.

I love Q, they are very 'respectful' of artists, no matter what they doing. I suscribed to the magazine, it's awesome.

/BUMP!

How can this thread be in second page?!!

Our beloved Jonny Quinn is involved in 'Beat For Peace', a music clip part of the Sudan365 campaign that aims to target a meeting of world leaders at the United Nations in New York on September 24. Watch footage of the video below. Feat. also our Will Champion and Caroline Corr.

Campaigners are calling on world leaders to prevent a return to war in Sudan ahead of a landmark referendum in January 2011.

"This drum beat has passed from Cairo to Accra, Barcelona, Sydney, Moscow and Tokyo, New York and Los Angeles," said Coldplay's Will Champion. "It is a global cry for our leaders to increase their efforts to prevent widespread conflict returning to Sudan."

http://www.nme.com

You can see Jonny and our Champ' on the two vids below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sYN4oGjBWY]YouTube - Sudan365: Global Beat for Peace[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJMzB48r8rI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Sudan 365 - A Beat For Peace[/ame]

Good cause and excellent campaigners! Lots of love!