✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

I'm SO going to sing this song (and this part) one the edge of a cliff one day when I'll finally make my 'Ireland tour trip'... :lol:

Me too!!! Them & Queen.... :heart: When I went to Dublin, I couldn't help noticing everything U2's related (and there lots cause they're EVERYWHERE :lol:) so the friend that was with me was singing 'Pride' everytime I was 'oh OM, that's U2's something...something'... :laugh3:

Gary is sad for you...

U2comVideo00008.jpg

haha.... u guys are funny! :D

I just can't stop laughing when i see this, the picture and kimmi's word match like heaven! :laugh3:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 versions? :surprised:

You can find them on YT :) The album one has a longer intro and is 'softer', the Up to now one is more upbeat and the 'reworked tour' one is 'poppy'!

80s, so you went through the 90s music wave? You're so luckehhhh!

Gary don't quite agree with you...

U2comVideo00004.jpg

The 90's were aweful musically!! Boys bands, dance music... I suffered a LOT!!

I'm SO going to sing this song (and this part) one the edge of a cliff one day when I'll finally make my 'Ireland tour trip'... :lol:

Me too!!! Them & Queen.... :heart: When I went to Dublin, I couldn't help noticing everything U2's related (and there lots cause they're EVERYWHERE :lol:) so the friend that was with me was singing 'Pride' everytime I was 'oh OM, that's U2's something...something'... :laugh3:

Gary is sad for you...

U2comVideo00008.jpg

haha...yeah! it's like U2's everywhere! & even at the hostel i stayed in in Dublin, i ended up with a room where the window was looking out at a massive "Wall of Fame" & i got to see (a very young) U2 every day. :laugh3:

(so Gary should be happy for me there... ;) )

4527776287_ecc929d5f7.jpg

oh, hello U2...top o' the morning to youse*!

* i actually heard an Irishman say that out loud...my lil sis did too (cos i was on the phone with her) she was incredibly amused to find out that the Irish really do say that greeting! :laugh3:

3 versions? :surprised:

That's so sweet! Too bad there's no winter here. Tho I would freeze to death. :|

Tried screaming from the edge or Ireland to America? :wacky:

Timbaland is wayyy better actually. The Way I Are was pretty good. Used to LOVE that song.

yeah, i like The Way I Are (maybe the music video more than the song...cos they had freestyle footballers on it). really like Throw It On Me (which is the one with The Hives)...catchy tune with attitude.

i didn't try screaming anything at the edge of Ireland. i think ppl might've thought i'd gone bonkers...or had 1 pint of Guinness too many! haha

tho i did get a few Irish guys telling me i can see Boston from where i was (the proverbial "edge of Ireland"...The Cliffs of Moher). & i kept telling them i'm pretty sure they're joking...unless my geography's really that bad & America's really closer to Ireland than i thought. it was great for a laugh tho... :dozey:

80s, so you went through the 90s music wave? You're so luckehhhh!

U2comVideo00004.jpg

heh...yeah. i'm guilty of my share of boy band pop stuff & i remember that frigging Macarena & later that bloody infernal Crazy Frog craze. :P

but i also remember the 90s for all the Britpop music led by "the mighty Oasis" (as Gary'd put it) & there was all the Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam...the Seattle grunge stuff. & the not-quite grunge stuff like Smashing Pumpkins & Silverchair. & the Metallica, GNR stuff.

*sigh* whatever in the world happened to our Malaysian radio stations? :(

btw, a-chan, simply loving those screencaps! they're so handy as big Gary-centric "emoticons"! :D

haha...yeah! it's like U2's everywhere! & even at the hostel i stayed in in Dublin, i ended up with a room where the window was looking out at a massive "Wall of Fame" & i got to see (a very young) U2 every day. :laugh3:

4527776287_ecc929d5f7.jpg

oh, hello U2...top o' the morning to youse*!

I took the SAME pic when I was there!! (Temple Bar right?!) I found it fun how U2's space is 4 times bigger than the others :laugh3: (and for The Cranberries, there's only Dolores... :thinking: )

btw, a-chan, simply loving those screencaps! they're so handy as big Gary-centric "emoticons"! :D

:lol: yeah right?!! Gary has so many faces, it can be use to illustrate any mood !! I managed to capture two of them during the Paris show

Foto-LVYZIFWT.jpg

Foto-JHDDEPZZ.jpg

:laugh3:

yeah, i like The Way I Are (maybe the music video more than the song...cos they had freestyle footballers on it). really like Throw It On Me (which is the one with The Hives)...catchy tune with attitude.

i didn't try screaming anything at the edge of Ireland. i think ppl might've thought i'd gone bonkers...or had 1 pint of Guinness too many! haha

tho i did get a few Irish guys telling me i can see Boston from where i was (the proverbial "edge of Ireland"...The Cliffs of Moher). & i kept telling them i'm pretty sure they're joking...unless my geography's really that bad & America's really closer to Ireland than i thought. it was great for a laugh tho... :dozey:

Haven't listened to that one before. :wacko:

Haha! :laugh3: Ireland is famous for beer eh. :wacko:

I don't think America is that near right? Boston... The world's a sphere!

heh...yeah. i'm guilty of my share of boy band pop stuff & i remember that frigging Macarena & later that bloody infernal Crazy Frog craze. :P

but i also remember the 90s for all the Britpop music led by "the mighty Oasis" (as Gary'd put it) & there was all the Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam...the Seattle grunge stuff. & the not-quite grunge stuff like Smashing Pumpkins & Silverchair. & the Metallica, GNR stuff.

*sigh* whatever in the world happened to our Malaysian radio stations? :(

CRAZY FROG! LULZ. Wth that dood. lulz.

Yeah, Oasis. I remember hearing Oasis songs played by my brother when I was young. And yeah, Nirvana; the big grunge scene.

I love Blur though. Sort of anti-grunge music and britpop. Damon Albarn <3

And Radiohead was from the 90s right? They're amazing men. :mellow:

Malaysian radio stations sucks. The music there is always so... Mainstream. I suppose someone should start an other kind of music radio station? Haha, I'm still possessive over the music I listen to though, because if there ever is a radio station like that, then the music might become mainstream here. :disappointed:

But there isn't so... :P

You can find them on YT :) The album one has a longer intro and is 'softer', the Up to now one is more upbeat and the 'reworked tour' one is 'poppy'!

U2comVideo00004.jpg

What's YT? :shame:

I haven't listened to the 'reworked tour' one yet. :wacko:

Really? :confused:

Because the great acts seem to have emerged from then. I don't know. :\ There were some good ones, some bad ones, I guess.

GUINNESS :awesome:

What's YT? :shame:

=youtube :D

I haven't listened to the 'reworked tour' one yet. :wacko:

The same as the one I putted here :http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4432988&postcount=5269

Really? :confused:

Because the great acts seem to have emerged from then. I don't know. :\ There were some good ones, some bad ones, I guess.

Radio (I mean in France) where dominated by dance music (haddaway, Ace of Base, Gala and co...:dozey:) and boys bands (Take that, East 17, Worlds Apart and so on...).

BUT there were a few things that were good: The Cranberries, Alanis Morissette, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, to name a few...

GUINNESS :awesome:

Yeah! :awesome:

I don't drink it though. Or at least, just once in a blue moon.

=youtube :D

OHHHH. :shame:

The same as the one I putted here :http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4432988&postcount=5269

I'm loading the video now. Thanks btw! :wacko:

Radio (I mean in France) where dominated by dance music (haddaway, Ace of Base, Gala and co...:dozey:) and boys bands (Take that, East 17, Worlds Apart and so on...).

BUT there were a few things that were good: The Cranberries, Alanis Morissette, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, to name a few...

Eeeek, like house music? :sick: I mean, I don't mind Pet Shop Boys but if it's like the ones that are mainstream in America now then :sick:

Take That is okay.

Yeah, some bands can be famous and be good at the same time, which is amazing!

Found this!! 'The Planets bend between us' @Pukkelpop this year BUT they play it with a new orchestration, more 'bumpy'?!

Good to see Richard, Iain and Troy (nice hair cut!)

Interesting version! Nice to hear their improvisation with it.

I prefer the album one though, it fits the lyrics more and gives it a deeper feeling. :wacko:

Loving Gary's shirt! Paul looks like he is having a great time!

Oh btw, Nathan has quite a good singing voice right? I remember hearing heavy backing vocals to a performance of Chasing Cars and I think it was Nathan. He sings well. :wacko:

We had Gary's written message about U2's tour...now THE VID :D (with some footage of U2's crew joigning them on stage)

so lovely words for U2 <3

That's just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. :cheesy: His hair's getting long again. :wacky:

Great quality of Chasing Cars, very sweet of the crew. And yes, Gary's about to cry! Big softie. :heart:!

Yeah! :awesome:

I don't drink it though. Or at least, just once in a blue moon.

My favorite beer (but I'm not a drinker, a pint is my very limit :lol: )

Loving Gary's shirt!

Stripes suits him best!! :smug:

Oh btw, Nathan has quite a good singing voice right? I remember hearing heavy backing vocals to a performance of Chasing Cars and I think it was Nathan. He sings well. :wacko:

Yeah he has!! You can hear him very cleary in 'somewhere a clock is ticking', he's the 'second' voice (I could do most anything to you)... Listen:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLg7zXlgNus]YouTube - Snow Patrol- Somewhere a Clock is Ticking[/ame]

@Christina: do you still think of me for the b&w wallpaper? :blush:

Hi there! Seems like I've missed maaany posts! Thanks guys for all the videos you posted! :)

the 'ha...ha...ha' banter (look at @V :D)

ha..ha..ha!.. That banter is our anthem! XD

Finally a video of U2's crew on stage during CC!! They sang with the boys, it's the cutest thing ever!!

This roadie is great! :D I'm still so disappointed that they didn't come to Paris as well to support them last year... I'd loved to see them perform in a stadium.

btw, i noticed in the Q interview video that Gary & Nathan are all gushing about U2...& continued/diverted back to U2 even when Coldplay was brought up. (just saying...)

I noticed that.. they only had eyes for U2 :p The interview was funny too, I loved the story of the first performance of Nathan in the band, when the drunk irishman came to him, looked at him up and down, called him "handsome" and left.. :lol: Gary's imitation was priceless!

Aw...he sounds great! :nice: I always wanted to meet one of my idols, but I don't think that would have courage to speak with them :P

Don't worry, they're very nice and attentive to their fans, and they're just the most patient guys ever! This mixture will put you at ease right away ;) Even I managed to say a few words to Gary the first time I saw him, and I was very intimidated.

I managed to capture two of them during the Paris show

Foto-LVYZIFWT.jpg

Foto-JHDDEPZZ.jpg

These are my two favourite pictures of that night, Aurélie! You did a great job capturing the moment! :wacky:

You're right! To me, it does sound a bit like U2... the sounds in the background make me think of both 'Beautiful Day' and the intro of 'Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'!

Yeah he has!! You can hear him very cleary in 'somewhere a clock is ticking', he's the 'second' voice (I could do most anything to you)...

Nathan should definitely sing more often! ;)

Here's an article from TTB explaining how SP are fans of the TV show Merlin:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-interviews/2010/09/11/film-characters-i-play-could-shock-fans-of-bbc-series-merlin-admits-star-colin-morgan-86908-22553214/

the part dealing with the band :

Celebrity fans are a different matter. Snow Patrol guitarist Nathan Connolly’s girlfriend Laura Donnelly appeared briefly last year, and the two ‘camps’ have mingled several times.”That was cool,” says Colin. “They’re apparently fans of the show.

“Bizarrely, on our return to Charles De Gaulle airport, Saturday Plus bump into Snow Patrol singer Gary Lightbody boarding the Glasgow flight. He lights up when we tell him we’ve been on set with Merlin – and Colin’s “showbiz-fan” claim is verified.

@A: so according to the date of the article, Gary was in France recently.. :rolleyes:

@A: so according to the date of the article, Gary was in France recently.. :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that!! Geez Gary, I was at Charles de Gaulle Airport a month ago :bomb: (btw, when I entered the airport, I couldn't helped but think of this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6WMzDOh1o&ob=av2n]YouTube - U2 - Beautiful Day[/ame]

was singing it with my bro in law in the escalator :lol:

But fans of Merlin... :dozey: the show is crap (sorry if there are fans here)...they totally changed the storyline of the legend (which I'm a big fan of), it's total nonsense!

anyway, back on topic...

largeexhibition021.jpg

brotherhood for ever <3 those smiles....

(btw, when I entered the airport, I couldn't helped but think of this...

Each time I've heard them the last few weeks, I've been crying over the tickets I don't have for the Paris gig! I would have liked to see them a second time! :smug:

But fans of Merlin... :dozey: the show is crap (sorry if there are fans here)...they totally changed the storyline of the legend (which I'm a big fan of), it's total nonsense!

I had begun to watch the firsts episodes... but it didn't last as I quickly lost interest.. :thinking: That's too bad cause the legend was great material to do a serie!

@A: each time I heard something about Arthur's legend, guess what I'm thinking about :p

largeexhibition021.jpg

Pablo's hair's funny on this one! Anyway, friendship is a beautiful think to look at! XD

My favorite beer (but I'm not a drinker, a pint is my very limit :lol: )

Stripes suits him best!! :smug:

Yeah he has!! You can hear him very cleary in 'somewhere a clock is ticking', he's the 'second' voice (I could do most anything to you)... Listen:

YouTube - Snow Patrol- Somewhere a Clock is Ticking

:wacko:

Yeah! I love stripe shirts on guys. :drunk:

Thanks for the link!

Oh gosh, his voice is so nicee!

I remember that performance I was talking about earlier, it was the Chasing Cars performance for Children in Need. I love that video, Nathan's backing vocals makes that performance even more amazing. :wacko:

The many adorable faces of Gary Lightbody are just too cute. They couldn't stay out of my signature. It's not my fault.

:wacky:

:lol: I love your new sig/avi :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link!

Oh gosh, his voice is so nicee!

It is! You can see it 'live' here [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHvc0y-ZhqY]YouTube - Snow Patrol Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking Live At Somerset House[/ame]

And just because I love this live...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT5q098UvcM]YouTube - Snow Patrol Tiny Little Fractures Live At Somerset House[/ame]

Aw, this DVD is too good. :heart: The only thing I can't stand in it is Mark.

Tiny Little Fractures is just, mindblowing. :dead:

My favorite track from this gig will always be PPP, total madness!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p-jbYtxl0Y]YouTube - Snow Patrol Post Punk Progression Live At Somerset House[/ame]

:bomb: :awesome:

Love the tour diary from japan and stuff...so funny XD

I took the SAME pic when I was there!! (Temple Bar right?!) I found it fun how U2's space is 4 times bigger than the others :laugh3: (and for The Cranberries, there's only Dolores... :thinking: )

:lol: yeah right?!! Gary has so many faces, it can be use to illustrate any mood !! I managed to capture two of them during the Paris show

Foto-LVYZIFWT.jpg

Foto-JHDDEPZZ.jpg

haha...yup, it's in Temple Bar. i was staying in the hostel just opposite of that wall! :)

& your photos are brilliant! haha his face, especially in that 1st one! :laugh3:

Haven't listened to that one before. :wacko:

I don't think America is that near right? Boston... The world's a sphere!

CRAZY FROG! LULZ. Wth that dood. lulz.

Yeah, Oasis. I remember hearing Oasis songs played by my brother when I was young. And yeah, Nirvana; the big grunge scene.

I love Blur though. Sort of anti-grunge music and britpop. Damon Albarn <3

And Radiohead was from the 90s right? They're amazing men. :mellow:

Malaysian radio stations sucks. The music there is always so... Mainstream. I suppose someone should start an other kind of music radio station? Haha, I'm still possessive over the music I listen to though, because if there ever is a radio station like that, then the music might become mainstream here. :disappointed:

But there isn't so... :P

yup, it's famous for "the black stuff" - Guinness Stout...incidentally, the Irish in Dublin also know of our humble little country because of Guinness. that was so amusing & kinda cool to find out. *lol* the massive Guinness brewery in Malaysia was the 1st Guinness brewery outside of Ireland/UK. which is why we get to hold an Arthur's Day celebration too like they do in Ireland. :cool:

& no, Boston isn't that near to Ireland. you'll need to have had quite a few pints of Guinness before you can see Boston! :laugh3:

i love what Damon Albarn's been churning out as part of Gorillaz. he & Jamie Hewlett even did a musical of the mighty Monkey God! w00t!!! :D

& yeah, Radiohead's also from the 90s britpop era...i know their songs, like Karma Police, Creep (then again, who doesn't know THAT song?), but i can't really say i like their songs in general. guess they're a bit too left field for my taste. :\

eeps! don't put house music with Ace Of Base! :shocked2:

cos i actually like house music...heh...especially French house music - Daft Punk!!! :dance:

Gary likes to put them on to get the party started when he's DJing too...great taste! as always!

i think it's pretty cool that the SP guys dabble with electronic music a lot outside of SP. & they're more into stuff with funk & soul beats in them...the good stuff. :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaFj7OXXG7g]Cut La Roc feat. Gary Lightbody - Fallen [/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tbi3jy-HGA]Cut La Roc 'Mishka' Featuring Gary Lightbody [/ame]

& from the extended SP family... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nd5Cn099tQ]Paul van Dyk feat. Johnny McDaid 'Home' [/ame]

I noticed that.. they only had eyes for U2 :p The interview was funny too, I loved the story of the first performance of Nathan in the band, when the drunk irishman came to him, looked at him up and down, called him "handsome" and left.. :lol: Gary's imitation was priceless!

*lol* yeah! that story's hilarious the way Gary tells it! must've been quite a weird/funny moment...even Nathan's laughing thinking about it.

I had begun to watch the firsts episodes... but it didn't last as I quickly lost interest.. :thinking: That's too bad cause the legend was great material to do a serie!

each time I heard something about Arthur's legend, guess what I'm thinking about :p

Pablo's hair's funny on this one! Anyway, friendship is a beautiful think to look at! XD

haha...was thinking his hair looked funny too! but it's a lovely photo still! "d'awww"-worthy. :wacky:

& i didn't really like Merlin either. only watched it cos my best friend passed the show to me to watch. it only got a bit more interesting for me in the 1st season towards the 2nd half...else i felt it was kinda draggy & the characters had some really cheesy lines. so didn't bother to look up the 2nd season even.

My favorite track from this gig will always be PPP, total madness!

:bomb: :awesome:

Love the tour diary from japan and stuff...so funny XD

love the Japan tour diary too! they looked like they were really having fun out & about in Tokyo...taking their underground train & having sushi & all.

they were playing at the same festival as my fave Japanese indie rock band too! :D

Tiny Little Fractures is just, mindblowing. :dead:

yeah!!! :dance:

what do you mean i don't love you?

i am standing here, aren't i?

is there a t-shirt i can wear?

cause i'm soaking, look at me

:lol:

:dizzy: That's just, wow. :stunned:

Yeah, right?!! :D :cool: (and the jumping guy XD!!) I wish they would put it again on the setlist one day..I SO want to see it live :bomb:

But you should invest in the DVD, it's really good and the bonus are awesome!! Here's a little bit of the tour diary

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwUeY15GQPc]YouTube - Snow Patrol Live At Somerset House Japanese Tour Diary[/ame]

Eh, why? :thinking:

Because he's been acting kinda like a jerk since he left the band, officially for 'creativ and personal disagreement'

He had a huge fight with Gary (apparently about song credits) and got sacked...Gary won't talk about it, he once said if Mark wanted too, he could, but that he (=Gary) 'won't slag him off or spill dirt'...

He even has issued a writ at the High Court in London seeking 25% of the band's earnings since he left the band in March 2005.. and slag Gary off a little in medias. :dozey:

I discover SP with Eyes open, so I've always known Pablo but Mark doesn't seem like a 'cool guy' to me...I'm not saying Gary hasn't a part of responsability in his departure but Mark's behavior :confused:

yup, it's famous for "the black stuff" - Guinness Stout...incidentally, the Irish in Dublin also know of our humble little country because of Guinness. that was so amusing & kinda cool to find out. *lol* the massive Guinness brewery in Malaysia was the 1st Guinness brewery outside of Ireland/UK. which is why we get to hold an Arthur's Day celebration too like they do in Ireland. :cool:

:surprised: I didn't know that. Wow, Malaysia and beers don't seem to fit in the same sentence, but yet it's true. :lol:

But Arthur's Day is 18+. I hope when SP comes here, it wouldn't be 18+. Or my face will turn into a dark stormy shade. :shifty:

& no, Boston isn't that near to Ireland. you'll need to have had quite a few pints of Guinness before you can see Boston! :laugh3:

:laugh3: I thought so!

i love what Damon Albarn's been churning out as part of Gorillaz. he & Jamie Hewlett even did a musical of the mighty Monkey God! w00t!!! :D

& yeah, Radiohead's also from the 90s britpop era...i know their songs, like Karma Police, Creep (then again, who doesn't know THAT song?), but i can't really say i like their songs in general. guess they're a bit too left field for my taste. :\

Yeah! Monkey right? Journey to the West. Gorillaz is an amazing idea, they're hitting a world tour, but their only stop in Asia is Hong Kong. :shifty: Perhaps it's because they have a song called Hong Kong. LOL.

Yeah, those songs. :wacko: What do you mean left field?

cos i actually like house music...heh...especially French house music - Daft Punk!!! :dance:

Gary likes to put them on to get the party started when he's DJing too...great taste! as always!

i think it's pretty cool that the SP guys dabble with electronic music a lot outside of SP. & they're more into stuff with funk & soul beats in them...the good stuff. :cool:

Cut La Roc feat. Gary Lightbody - Fallen

& from the extended SP family... :)

Woops.

:surprised: Electronic music and SP, whoaa.

I didn't know Gary DJs. :surprised:

I have a lot to learn!

Because he's been acting kinda like a jerk since he left the band, officially for 'creativ and personal disagreement'

He had a huge fight with Gary (apparently about song credits) and got sacked...Gary won't talk about it, he once said if Mark wanted too, he could, but that he (=Gary) 'won't slag him off or spill dirt'...

He even has issued a writ at the High Court in London seeking 25% of the band's earnings since he left the band in March 2005.. and slag Gary off a little in medias. :dozey:

I discover SP with Eyes open, so I've always known Pablo but Mark doesn't seem like a 'cool guy' to me...I'm not saying Gary hasn't a part of responsability in his departure but Mark's behavior :confused:

:sick: That sucks. Good grief.

25% is a bit too much. :lol:

I don't really remember how I got into SP. I think it was Just Say Yes. I'm not sure, I was searching out the not so mainstream music and happen to download Snow Patrol stuff and begin to like them. Then I got Up To Now. :wacky:

I was talking about 'dance music' not 'house music'...^^

love the Japan tour diary too! they looked like they were really having fun out & about in Tokyo...taking their underground train & having sushi & all.

they were playing at the same festival as my fave Japanese indie rock band too! :D

Yeah, LOVE how Gary imitates japanese when they see how tall he is....XDD

The Fuji Festival is mythic and apparently, it's the most 'organised' and 'clean' festival worldwide! Wish I could go one day...*dream*

Woops.

:surprised: Electronic music and SP, whoaa.

I didn't know Gary DJs. :surprised:

Yeah, and they're very good at it :cool: Gary & Tom used to DJ in Glasgow (that how they met back then-> see 'Up to now' documentary on the deluxe edition of the best-of)

They even put out 2 'mix-up' albums that got praise from music industrie and audience :)

200px-Tripsnowpatrol.jpeg

((tracklist and explanation here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trip:_Created_by_Snow_Patrol )

200px-Snowpatrollatenighttales.jpeg

(tracklist and explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Night_Tales:_Snow_Patrol )

:cool:

Gary's got a HUGE musical culture hence his 'dj days' and now, he's given a chronicle in Q magazine ('Gary's Lightbody track of the month') and before on the website with GL's band of the week: http://news.qthemusic.com/cgi-bin/mt4/mt-search.cgi?blog_id=1&tag=Gary%20Lightbody%27s%20Band%20Of%20The%20Week&limit=20

And of course, on SP.com site with his blog ^^

Yeah, and they're very good at it :cool: Gary & Tom used to DJ in Glasgow (that how they met back then-> see 'Up to now' documentary on the deluxe edition of the best-of)

They even put out 2 'mix-up' albums that got praise from music industrie and audience :)

200px-Tripsnowpatrol.jpeg

((tracklist and explanation here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trip:_Created_by_Snow_Patrol )

200px-Snowpatrollatenighttales.jpeg

(tracklist and explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Night_Tales:_Snow_Patrol )

:cool:

I could have bought the Up To Now album with the DVD, but it would be more expensive. :|

Ohh, the compilations they made right? Only it's compilations of songs by other artists. :wacko:

*Imagining SP DJing in the clubs* :dizzy: