✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

dsc00404hat.jpg

lololol

i did it while watching simpsons :lol: it took me about 30mins :wacko:

now working on the rest of them

Yeah, I saw the tutorials on the TTB page and I *tried* to do the one on the right in you pic but I failed drasticly :facepalm:

On the news side, here's a litte ITV of Gary about LP6:

GARY Lightbody says that he is going to shake things up on Snow Patrol's next album, which is due to be released next year.

He revealed the Glasgow-based band hit a "few brick walls" making their last studio album, A Hundred Million Suns in 2008. Now he wants a fresh approach to their music for their next assault on the charts.

While Just Say Yes, on last year's career compilation album Up To Now, hinted at a more techno path, it's what Gary has learnt from his other band Tired Pony that could be the real hint of where things are going.

Gary's Americana-tinged Tired Pony project with REM guitarist Peter Buck may not have set the charts on fire - The Place We Ran From debuted at No.17 in the UK chart - but the Northern Irishman was inspired by the collaboration.

Gary, 34, said: "We hit a few brick walls making the last record. I think a fresh look would be the exact right time for Snow Patrol to change things up considerably."

The rest of the band, who finished a stint supporting U2 this month and are due back in the studio in October, are also in tune with Gary's decision to find a new direction for Snow Patrol. They also seem fine about Tired Pony, who release their new single Get On The Road next Monday. It features (500) Days Of Summer actress Zooey Deschanel on vocals.

Gary revealed: "Two of them that were in London came to the show at the Forum and the other two sent messages of Good Luck. They loved the record and I think they are hopeful that I've brought some things from this record back to Snow Patrol.

"I think they're hopeful and they'll be glad that maybe we'll take a new direction the next time."

Gary could be on the road for eight months next year touring the new album and Snow Patrol are being tipped to join Kings Of Leon and Biffy Clyro as T in the Park headliners.

However, it looks like he'll also squeeze a second Tired Pony album out before the new Snow Patrol offering. Gary reckons it could come out in January, traditionally a quiet month for releases.

The Chasing Cars singer said: "We'll probably release an album in the first week of January until one of us drops dead. January is probably free for most musicians - it is the darkest part of the calendar where music is concerned and it's nice to fillthat with something that is inspiring and fun."

Source: http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/yb/150021354

Am I the only one excited about this?!!! :awesome: Like the new direction idea :dance: and as for the Tired Pony influence, I think it will be about the 'fast recording, no overthinking it and let's all play together'. Which made the all thing even more exciting :dance:

TP wrote and recorded in 8 days :rolleyes: but I don't thing SP could do that, but if they speed up a little, maybe we'll have the record for the spring (since they'll start recording in october)...??

And on a random side, the band reach 1 million followers on facebook (see last twitter update)!!! It makes me happy :)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm weird but I don't find him 'handsome'...I mean, he's no Guy Berryman :lol: and there is sthg about his eyes that just :shrug: To me, he's better looking in black & white on Bradley's photo or the AHMS' bonus :laugh3:

nah, you're not weird. i (personally) don't think Nathan's very handsome either...especially compared to someone like Guy Berryman. :dozey:

i actually keep thinking that Nathan always looks stoned out in all the interviews/photos i've ever seen with him in it. hehe i'm sure he's a nice guy & not a druggie/alcoholic/whatever, he just has that stoner look all the time. :P

Impressiv they hold it together through all the shit...Here the ITV where gL talks about the streap club (@4min30->end)

I love Q, they are very 'respectful' of artists, no matter what they doing. I suscribed to the magazine, it's awesome.

heh...that interview's great. seen it before, but thanks for posting it. it's the one where Gary shows his very low tech (to me, anyway...heh) Nokia phone in Part 2 & pretty much confirms that he is quite the technophobe. :laugh3:

which is ironic given that the band itself, in terms of digital marketing, have a few impressive technological milestones:

1) the Snow Patrol (AHMS) music app...they were one of the 1st artists/bands to release an iPhone/iTouch app & would've been 1st ever, if Pink hadn't beat them. & they already have a 2nd iPhone/iTouch app that links to the SP.com forums & allows for user-created content & uploads.

2) that high speed data burst <whatever...excessively-technical-phrase-was-used>...which just basically meant that they were doing a high speed live broadcast of the event & it's a first because of the digital technology being used.

now, what i'd like to see is a HTML5 web-based music video from the band.

.......................................except Arcade Fire's already beaten them to it. :P

& Gary might end up breaking it somehow. hehe :lol:

On the news side, here's a litte ITV of Gary about LP6:

Am I the only one excited about this?!!! :awesome: Like the new direction idea :dance: and as for the Tired Pony influence, I think it will be about the 'fast recording, no overthinking it and let's all play together'. Which made the all thing even more exciting :dance:

TP wrote and recorded in 8 days :rolleyes: but I don't thing SP could do that, but if they speed up a little, maybe we'll have the record for the spring (since they'll start recording in october)...??

And on a random side, the band reach 1 million followers on facebook (see last twitter update)!!! It makes me happy :)

just wondering, but did that journalist misinterpret/misquote Gary's answer for the 2nd Tired Pony album? :thinking:

most interviews up to now have indicated they'd regroup & record in January, if possible. i'm sure the Tired Pony guys can muster up the energy to quickly bash together an album once again, but a January release seems quite impossible/rushed...

oh! & i love the Global Beat For Peace videos! some of the drummers were playing from some very impressive/beautiful locations! (Caroline Corr, for example!) :wacky:

i actually keep thinking that Nathan always looks stoned out in all the interviews/photos i've ever seen with him in it. hehe i'm sure he's a nice guy & not a druggie/alcoholic/whatever, he just has that stoner look all the time. :P

+100000000 Like looking like this...

20060224_1_bg.jpg

:beatnik: :lol:

heh...that interview's great. seen it before, but thanks for posting it. it's the one where Gary shows his very low tech (to me, anyway...heh) Nokia phone in Part 2 & pretty much confirms that he is quite the technophobe. :laugh3:

My phone is pretty much as crappy as his (have a nokia 3100) ...lol) AND I laugh hard when he said he doesn't need a phone that's does microwave or sthg, because that's EXACTLY what I always tell my friends who are always making fun of my 'untechnologized' phone/camera (I had an old argentic for ages), etc... :laugh3: Just need to sthg to call and send text, not sthg that can also be fridge..?! XD

now, what i'd like to see is a HTML5 web-based music video from the band.

.......................................except Arcade Fire's already beaten them to it. :P

& Gary might end up breaking it somehow. hehe :lol:

I tried to see the Arcade fire's video but since my laptop is kinda old (see what I said earlier XD), it didn't like the multiple pop-ups windows and stuff and just bugged :dozey:

So I don't know what this video is all about... :\

just wondering, but did that journalist misinterpret/misquote Gary's answer for the 2nd Tired Pony album? :thinking:

most interviews up to now have indicated they'd regroup & record in January, if possible. i'm sure the Tired Pony guys can muster up the energy to quickly bash together an album once again, but a January release seems quite impossible/rushed...

I think the journalist got it wrong, they will gather up and record in january but I guess the release will be in the summer, like for TPWRF...:)

Wait, there's a tutorial on how to make those things? :awesome: Please can i have a link? (I don't know what the TTB page is. :\)

TTB is short for The Third Bar which is a SP fansite that's really well updated :) They put on tutorials recently to make the stars @ http://www.thethirdbar.com/ (scroll down the main page to go to september 21, the article's called 'Tutorial: Snow Patrol Origami Stars" ;)

+100000000 Like looking like this...

20060224_1_bg.jpg

:beatnik: :lol:

*lol* SPOT ON!!! :laugh3:

My phone is pretty much as crappy as his (have a nokia 3100) ...lol) AND I laugh hard when he said he doesn't need a phone that's does microwave or sthg, because that's EXACTLY what I always tell my friends who are always making fun of my 'untechnologized' phone/camera (I had an old argentic for ages), etc... :laugh3: Just need to sthg to call and send text, not sthg that can also be fridge..?! XD

haha...i think i had a Nokia 3100 at some point, actually! :D

oh, dear...i'm going to sound like the complete opposite of you & Gary!

i do loads of stuff, many other things with my phone except...ermmm...actually using it to call/text ppl. i hardly ever call/text ppl. :dozey:

I tried to see the Arcade fire's video but since my laptop is kinda old (see what I said earlier XD), it didn't like the multiple pop-ups windows and stuff and just bugged :dozey:

So I don't know what this video is all about... :\

well, it's pretty cool...provided you can think of a "hometown" that has been mapped quite extensively right down to being Street View-ed by Google.

but it does take up a lot of computer processing power in order to be viewed smoothly on top of being "best viewed" on Google's Chrome browser. it never got beyond 76% on the Firefox browser for me, but ran really smoothly on Chrome on my desktop computer.

anyway, what it really is, is an interactive music video where you can "write" a message to "the young you" at some point in the video & the town you see in it is customised to show the location you set as your "hometown". everything you see in that music video is fully controlled and timed using just HTML5, which is much more powerful technically than HTML4.01 because you can do much cooler things for websites with it (which was the real reason the "music video" was a big thing...the video itself is just a guy wearing a hoodie running around, shadows of birds flying around & some random trees popping up at times) and not need to install any extra things like Flash player to see the cool stuff.

....& i will shut up now, lest i cause your brain to collapse in on itself (as Gary would put it) with technical talk.

btw, Gary lies. he does have a Twitter account. or at least someone who claims to be him and barely ever posts anything on Twitter anyway... ;)

for those who can view it w/o any bugs/lagginess, i've made a version of the music video set in Bangor, County Down. & yes, i left a message...hahaha :wink3:

http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/#Bangor,+County+Down,+UK

Thx for explaining the AF vid! :kiss: (I love your message :P SO true!!! :rolleyes:)

btw, Gary lies. he does have a Twitter account. or at least someone who claims to be him and barely ever posts anything on Twitter anyway... ;)

That's not him. He said in Q (the artist of the century issue) that he don't Twitter cause it reduces the english language and at that point, you might as well just bark at each other :laugh3:

And the photo in the profile, it's actually a picture of him and a fan that's been cut out to just show him...So definitively not gL.

It's Arthur's day today :awesome: Can't wait to hear some news of the guys show!! Here the boys arriving: http://www.showbiz.ie/news/september10/23-acts-jet-in-for-arthurs-day.shtml

2010-09-gary-lightbody-%28snow-patrol%29.jpg

Poor Tom, pushing the luggages :lol:

Thx for explaining the AF vid! :kiss: (I love your message :P SO true!!! :rolleyes:)

That's not him. He said in Q (the artist of the century issue) that he don't Twitter cause it reduces the english language and at that point, you might as well just bark at each other :laugh3:

And the photo in the profile, it's actually a picture of him and a fan that's been cut out to just show him...So definitively not gL.

It's Arthur's day today :awesome: Can't wait to hear some news of the guys show!! Here the boys arriving: http://www.showbiz.ie/news/september10/23-acts-jet-in-for-arthurs-day.shtml

2010-09-gary-lightbody-%28snow-patrol%29.jpg

Poor Tom, pushing the luggages :lol:

ah, so it IS someone claiming to be him & barely posting then!

i've read the few tweets on it & i thought the level of English was kinda suspect at times.

for all my excessive use of Twitter, i agree with what Gary said about it in that Q interview (& i absolutely love that interview & the photo of him for it too!). you only have 140 characters including spaces & punctuations to write with so it's limiting...& ppl do resort to SMS-speak to shorten stuff. & we ARE ultimately just barking at each other over the internet... :dozey:

oh, dear! poor Tom! bad enough he's the shortest & oldest in the group! he's stuck with all the luggages! :laugh3:

ah, so it IS someone claiming to be him & barely posting then!

i've read the few tweets on it & i thought the level of English was kinda suspect at times.

It would be great if gL had a twitter...It would be pretty funny :D I guess we just have to be happy he keep a blog!

oh, dear! poor Tom! bad enough he's the shortest & oldest in the group! he's stuck with all the luggages! :laugh3:

Yeah, poor thing, it must be as heavy as him :lol:

Red on TTB that gL will sing 'Tired Of Waiting' on Ray Davies' (the Kinks) album.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/ray-davies-confirms-collaborations

for those who don't know the song, it's this one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64hWng2vM]YouTube - The Kinks - Tired of Waiting[/ame]

Curious to see how Gary will cover that!

It would be great if gL had a twitter...It would be pretty funny :D I guess we just have to be happy he keep a blog!

Yeah, poor thing, it must be as heavy as him :lol:

i'll bet it'd be funny/witty! 'cept 140 characters will never be enough, given how long his blog posts are. haha :P

actually, Scott Hutchinson (the lead singer of Frightened Rabbit...that Gary's a fan of) tweets some really funny & interesting stuff, if you don't already follow @FRabbit. :lol:

& he's offered over Twitter to play in the carpark for the ppl who went to see them at the U of Strathclyde Student Union tonite only to be turned away cos they're not studying there. i hope he/they did, that'd be such a cool & awesome gesture.

anyway....back on topic:

from the red carpet (i think they should've done a black carpet! haha :dozey: ) of the Arthur's Day celebration in Dublin:

61356_438117889735_94690604735_4897471_7506415_n.jpg

how is it he's dressed better for Arthur's Day than for the Q Awards? or did he learn from past gaff? heh looking good tho...

i'll bet it'd be funny/witty! 'cept 140 characters will never be enough, given how long his blog posts are. haha :P

So true :laugh3: bless him for being such a babbler XD

how is it he's dressed better for Arthur's Day than for the Q Awards? or did he learn from past gaff? heh looking good tho...

Looking good (as always) but I'm not a big fan of the tux vest+t-shirt, on him, it just looks...akward :shrug:

Here a pic of the launch of the gig

5019080596_dc876d654b_b.jpg

and with sound

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiA4wjIXSOk]YouTube - Snow Patrol | Guinness Arthur's Day 23rd September 2010 at 17:59[/ame]

Gary+Guinness=too much to handle for me :bomb:

Apparently they did an accoustic set (at least JSY was). I put the pic in spoil, it's huge

prkpb.jpg

I wish I was there.... :bigcry: but I know you have to be lucky to be in the place they were playing since people didn't who was gonna play where... I would have been happy seeing Paolo Nutini too...*w*

2010-06-gary-lightbody--paolo-nutini.jpg

:bomb:

And on the rumor side, SP could open (agaiiiin) for U2 in Mexico in may 2011. Wouldn't surprise me if it was true!

Those people are SO lucky! :freak:
+10000000000000000

They play at the launch thing at the Guinness storehouse and then in a small pub called Odeon for an accoustic set :bomb: (more vids on the personn account)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud4suSPPcgg]YouTube - Snow Patrol @ Odeon [1/5][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoEh2T2tXoI]YouTube - Snow Patrol @ Odeon [4/5][/ame]

SP+small venue+accoustic set+Guinness= HEAVEN ON EARTH :bomb:

And just because it made me laugh... Irish version of the Statue of Liberty

5019139684_270036d7fb.jpg

:lol:

Looking good (as always) but I'm not a big fan of the tux vest+t-shirt, on him, it just looks...akward :shrug:

tbh, methinks he can rock the geek chic look waaaaay better than a Barney Stinson "suited up" look...he only looks good in suits when it's a more smart casual tie-less look, like in the SFTTTB video.

Gary looking goooood in a suit:

arts-graphics-2006_1174590a.jpg

791827623.jpg

Gary looking not-quite-that good in a suit:

_44443147_lightbody203.jpg

snow-patrol_1.Jpg

Geek chic Gary:

gary.jpg

75259548.jpg

35887_404242205171_38963430171_4622455_8259584_n.jpg

oh, well...

12486583.jpg

Apparently they did an accoustic set (at least JSY was). I put the pic in spoil, it's huge

prkpb.jpg

I wish I was there.... :bigcry: but I know you have to be lucky to be in the place they were playing since people didn't who was gonna play where... I would have been happy seeing Paolo Nutini too...*w*

2010-06-gary-lightbody--paolo-nutini.jpg

:bomb:

gosh! that is one HUUUUGE photo! huge enough for me to wonder where's Jonny (or is it the angle caused it to look like he's not there behind the drumkit?) & Tom? :inquisitive: heh

& yeah, that secret pub gig thing would REALLY be a luck of the draw thing! & i'm not known for having any good luck with these sort of things...even with a lucky four-leaf clover in hand. :(

but SP + a wee lil pub in Dublin + a pint of Guinness = :bomb: *sigh*

& just for the fun of it...& cos of the look on his face with that "Snow Patrol" canned drink...hehe

85353659.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5482B11DE0001C5FD2F7937ABA2DE2AEE52614CDF4481FF8A70

& just because this looks cute...reminds me of the self-taken photos you try to take with all your mates squashed together to try & fit into the photo! :laugh3:

2008_02237992-1.jpg

:awesome: piiiiiiiiiiiics!! This post needs some comments.. :wink3:

tbh, methinks he can rock the geek chic look waaaaay better than a Barney Stinson "suited up" look...he only looks good in suits when it's a more smart casual tie-less look, like in the SFTTTB video.

Gary looking goooood in a suit:

arts-graphics-2006_1174590a.jpg

I agree with you on that one, he looks good on STFTTB :thumbsup:

791827623.jpg

Looks like a photoshoot for a criminal TV show like CSI :laugh3:

Gary looking not-quite-that good in a suit:

_44443147_lightbody203.jpg

My...the TIE, Gary... what is this tie?!!! :facepalm: ..geez, almost there! :lol: (I love him with his beardy look *w*)

Geek chic Gary:

gary.jpg

See, he can do it when he wants...no so hard, right gL?!! :rolleyes:

I absolutely ADORE this pic, he looks so adorkable :D (plus, I have pretty much the same glasses...!)

& just because this looks cute...reminds me of the self-taken photos you try to take with all your mates squashed together to try & fit into the photo! :laugh3:

2008_02237992-1.jpg

I know that one!! This was taken the same night he jammed (pretty HAMMERED!! :laugh3: ) with Iain Archer (also, slightly drunk, but not as the Lightbody level) at the Oh Yeah Center...

Here some drunken singing Gary... :laugh3: (BIG LOL @Iain who is too short for the microphone :facepalm: :lol: )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DZaudL5yw]YouTube - Panama Kings/Gary Lightbody - Teenage Kicks[/ame]

*collector*

'evening!

I'm in a spamming mood and now this thread has to suffer :evil: :lol:

[...]

Geek chic Gary:

gary.jpg

75259548.jpg

oh, well...

12486583.jpg

[...]

supertongue.gif

Aaaaah, why I actually came here:

I stumbled upon this video tonight and just wanted to say again what a lovely cover it was. :heart:

Time flies btw.

It's not coming across as good on video as it was live tho...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IshEhYzIGTg]YouTube - Ray of Light - Snow Patrol - Royal Albert Hall - 23 November 2009[/ame]

'evening!

I'm in a spamming mood and now this thread has to suffer :evil: :lol:supertongue.gif

Oh yes Anna, please spamm us :awesome:

I stumbled upon this video tonight and just wanted to say again what a lovely cover it was. :heart:

Time flies btw.

Gorgeous cover!! <3 They should have put this one or 'One day like this' in Up to now rather than 'crazy in love' (which I find :dozey: ). But bigger question WHY OH, WHYYYYYYYYY AREN'T THEY RELEASING A RAH DVD?!!! :bomb:

I was speaking about the Odeon show yesterday, apparently Gary forgot the lyrics on Chasing car :lol: He managed to make up lyrics as he always do and then a man from the crowd shouted 'if you lie with me and just forget the words'... :laugh3: Haven't found it on YT yet, but I'll post it if I find it (the only CC vid I found is not that part :/)

Little pic from Arthur's day launch

60228_438330544735_94690604735_4900920_263512_n.jpg

Why have they put Tom near Gary?!! :facepalm: :lol:

Gorgeous cover!! <3 They should have put this one or 'One day like this' in Up to now rather than 'crazy in love' (which I find :dozey: ). But bigger question WHY OH, WHYYYYYYYYY AREN'T THEY RELEASING A RAH DVD?!!! :bomb:
Yeah, I don't really get it either...

People were so excited when it had been filmed, I'd have definitely bought it.

But one reason could be that it didn't have the same effect on DVD...

Don't know if they'd have left all the banter inbetween on the recording or if they'd have cut it...

Mhmm, can't explain myself properly but the RAH gigs were so intimate.

Over 5000 people and they manage to make it intimate. :heart:

I was speaking about the Odeon show yesterday, apparently Gary forgot the lyrics on Chasing car :lol: He managed to make up lyrics as he always do and then a man from the crowd shouted 'if you lie with me and just forget the words'... :laugh3: Haven't found it on YT yet, but I'll post it if I find it (the only CC vid I found is not that part :/)
Haha, going to concerts of them always is quite an event. :laugh4:

I love how every sinlge one of them is unique, unlike other artists who just perfrom their songs without even saying hi.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Poor him!

Btw, I didn't follow all the time here. :shame:

Why is there still all this Guiness stuff? Or are you posting older material? :uhoh:

People here go crazy when CP want to make one concert that isn't public and SP pose with beer whereever I look! :stunned:

Yeah, I don't really get it either...

People were so excited when it had been filmed, I'd have definitely bought it.

But one reason could be that it didn't have the same effect on DVD...

Don't know if they'd have left all the banter inbetween on the recording or if they'd have cut it...

Mhmm, can't explain myself properly but the RAH gigs were so intimate.

Over 5000 people and they manage to make it intimate. :heart:

+10000 We were speaking about that with Kimi and I think that Gary's banter and interaction with people he pick in the crowd "create" an intimate ambiance ^^

As for the banters, I think they would probably cut some of them but not all...On the live @Sommerset DVD, they are a few banters... so :shrug:

Haha, going to concerts of them always is quite an event. :laugh4:

I love how every sinlge one of them is unique, unlike other artists who just perfrom their songs without even saying hi.

+10000000000 you have a gig AND a comical act XD

And apparently, at the first gig at the Guinness storehouse (the big one), Gary messed up a LOT and even forgot lyrics for Run!!! XD I mean come on Gary...RUN!!

Btw, I didn't follow all the time here. :shame:

Why is there still all this Guiness stuff? Or are you posting older material? :uhoh:

People here go crazy when CP want to make one concert that isn't public and SP pose with beer whereever I look! :stunned:

No, on the 23 september, it was Arthur's day (Guinness fondator) so the firm organise every year concerts in a lots of pubs or public places in Dublin where famous artists (like SP, Paolo Nutini, Brandon Flowers etc... -this year-) plays intimate gigs. It's cheap (I think it's 5£ the ticket..price of a pint of Guinness) BUT the trick is, you don't know who's gonna play where!! So if you're lucky, you can come across your favorite band ^^

Here the commercial that explain it better than me...(little Gary msg at the end)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZAfGga5PA]YouTube - ARTHUR'S DAY IS BACK![/ame]

So no need to say that : intimate cheap gigs+Guinness= heaven <3

So two days ago, SP opened up the event at Guinness storehouse and then played their secret gig at a pub called Odeon ;) They were happy to do it cause last year, they didn't do Arthur's day.

btw, found Gary messing CC @Odeon :laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoEh2T2tXoI]YouTube - Snow Patrol @ Odeon [4/5][/ame]

Merci beaucoup, Aurélie! :hug:

Nichts zu danken ;)

About the reworked tour recording, he SAID there would be sthg out so why not do it?!!! :bomb: (here @the very end of the ITV at 8min25)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7alqKn0yGog]YouTube - Entrevista de Gary para a Explore Music - Parte 2[/ame]

Looks like a photoshoot for a criminal TV show like CSI :laugh3:

791827623.jpg

haha...now that you mention it... :cool:

i can totally imagine Gary as Grissom, Paul'd be 1 of the lab tech guys, Jonny'd probably be the cool, tough police detective guy (i'm thinking of the CSI NY guy character who's of Irish descent, incidentally...haha), & ermmm...not quite sure what roles Nathan & Tom'd be in a SP CSI team. :lol:

I absolutely ADORE this pic, he looks so adorkable :D (plus, I have pretty much the same glasses...!)

same here...in every way! :D

geeky specs FTW!!!

I know that one!! This was taken the same night he jammed (pretty HAMMERED!! :laugh3: ) with Iain Archer (also, slightly drunk, but not as the Lightbody level) at the Oh Yeah Center...

Here some drunken singing Gary... :laugh3: (BIG LOL @Iain who is too short for the microphone :facepalm: :lol: )

*collector*

haha...Iain's SO like a little boy (literally), especially with Gary the Giant nearby. :laugh3:

Time flies btw.

sounds & look pretty good for me...thanks for that! :kiss:

those hand gestures! adorkable! haha

& how i wish they'd come up with a DVD for the Reworked Tour!!! c'mon, guys!!! :inquisitive:

still think that red carpet should've been a black carpet...just to go with the theme... :P

Jonny's pose! haha got a tough guy stance going there!

& did they guys coordinate their shoes for Arthur's Day or did they all somehow buy the same shoes or something? heh

& also...yes! poor Tom! he looks like he's almost got to go on his tippy toes to have his shoulder on Gary & Nathan's...or he could've gotten them to lift him up if he did support himself on their shoulders (if he was sneaky enough). haha :laugh3:

sneaky looking Tom...

090403SnowPatrolTom030409--16640.jpg

EDIT: actually........i just noticed that he could only get his arm around Gary's waist! *lol*

791827623.jpg

haha...now that you mention it... :cool:

When crime arise...the Patrol solves the crime! :D

i can totally imagine Gary as Grissom, Paul'd be 1 of the lab tech guys, Jonny'd probably be the cool, tough police detective guy (i'm thinking of the CSI NY guy character who's of Irish descent, incidentally...haha), & ermmm...not quite sure what roles Nathan & Tom'd be in a SP CSI team. :lol:

:laugh3: Tom would be the geeky guy from Informatic department and Nathan the blood technician...?!

sounds & look pretty good for me...thanks for that! :kiss:

those hand gestures! adorkable! haha

There is a better version of it they did for a BBC session

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVBYHR8pY]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Ray Of Light [Maida Vale 75th Anniversary][/ame]

& how i wish they'd come up with a DVD for the Reworked Tour!!! c'mon, guys!!! :inquisitive:

Oh how I second that! I promised myself I would ask Gary about that at the TP show, but I totally forgot... :facepalm: asked about the TP DVD instead... :lol:

EDIT: actually........i just noticed that he could only get his arm around Gary's waist! *lol*

:laugh3: poor Tom...He certainly deserved the love though :kiss:

sp3rdbar.jpg

I would love to see him DJ ^^

an interview i stumbled on today...

Snow Time For Love :rolleyes:

& gotta love the Aussies for phrasing a legendary question like this:

"A Hundred Million Suns would be a much better advertisement for you on a singles website."

*rotfl* :laugh3:

& Gary's answer!

"(Laughs) Yes, that's one thing. I've got that going for me! It's funny, although it's a love record, I'm not really interested in . . . I'm not really in the mood for love (laughs), if I can quote a Wong Kar Wai film. There's no place for anybody in my life at the moment, I'm married to them four guys, and I'm happy as all get out."

he knows Wong Kar Wai & his films!!! :shocked2: *kowtow to the man* :wacky:

what i'd give to hear how his adorkable Irish voice pronounces "Wong Kar Wai"............ :bomb:

on another note...married to 4 guys!!! d'awww...he really loves his 4 brothers!!! :wacky:

an interview i stumbled on today...

Snow Time For Love :rolleyes:

I red that one a few weeks ago actually and I LMAO when he talked about how he can get pissed at his mom: 'Ohhh Mum!' I just stand above myself and go, 'Really? 32 years old? Really? That's how you're going to talk to your mum?

:laugh3:

*rotfl* :laugh3:

he knows Wong Kar Wai & his films!!! :shocked2: *kowtow to the man* :wacky:

what i'd give to hear how his adorkable Irish voice pronounces "Wong Kar Wai"............ :bomb:

That don't surprise me...He loves movies and all bunch of indie films...:thinking: Love WKW movies too, we have, again, another thing in commun... :rolleyes: :D

on another note...married to 4 guys!!! d'awww...he really loves his 4 brothers!!! :wacky:

Oh yes he does...! He said pretty much the same thing in this short ITV (@40sec 'the mormon comunity' :lol: )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pItqYjS9vXY]YouTube - Snow Patrol talk about their latest album[/ame]

And in the big Herald Scotland ITV (the big 'Gary confession one'), he said also this :

Between the band and the lovers the band always won out. “At the time I didn’t really understand what was going on and why I felt slightly unsentimental towards people who I should have been quite the opposite to. I don’t know .... You can’t be in love with two people at the same time ... even if one of those people is five people.” He stops, smiles. “That could be the weirdest sentence ever,” he says. More than that, for a long time he had a real fear of intimacy, one that led him to infidelities. But that was the old Gary Lightbody. The antsy one. He’s not that man any more. “I don’t have the same fear. It’s too late for the two times ... well, more than two times I’ve f***** it up. I found it hard to just let go of the band. I didn’t think I had space for anybody and when people got into that space I kind of started resenting them for it. It’s not their fault, it’s my fault.

I end up with what he said to Q if he had to sum up the last decade as a tweet: "we began like a band and ended up as a brotherhood".

:heart:

I think he owe them big time for having sticking with him through thick and thin.... It's really cute to watch them together (love all those bonus DVDs that goes with EO, AHMS or Up to now), they really act together as brothers...*cute*