✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

When crime arise...the Patrol solves the crime! :D

:laugh3: Tom would be the geeky guy from Informatic department and Nathan the blood technician...?!

Oh how I second that! I promised myself I would ask Gary about that at the TP show, but I totally forgot... :facepalm: asked about the TP DVD instead... :lol:

:laugh3: poor Tom...He certainly deserved the love though :kiss:

sp3rdbar.jpg

I would love to see him DJ ^^

haha...i've no idea why, but kinda cracks me up when i saw "Nathan the blood technician"! :laugh3:

hmmm...well, they *were* recording the TP show in London..........tho i somehow think that might be even less likely to happen, tbh. but i think the Reworked Tour's shows are unique enough that they deserve to be DVD-ised. :inquisitive: i mean, they may never do another proper/full Reworked Tour ever again.

& yes! i'd really like to see a Tom/Gary/Jonny DJ session! i imagine it'd be an interesting set... :)

btw, i can't help but note that Tom's got to angle his head upwards hugging Gary...............else he'll get a faceful of Gary's armpit. :P

I red that one a few weeks ago actually and I LMAO when he talked about how he can get pissed at his mom: 'Ohhh Mum!' I just stand above myself and go, 'Really? 32 years old? Really? That's how you're going to talk to your mum?

:laugh3:

*rotfl* :laugh3:

That don't surprise me...He loves movies and all bunch of indie films...:thinking: Love WKW movies too, we have, again, another thing in commun... :rolleyes: :D

haha...parental units can get rather infuriating. i'm having loads of "Ohhh Mum!" moments with mine right now since she's visiting. :P

hmmm....is Wong Kar Wai's stuff considered indie in Europe/US? i personally don't think of him as indie, but then that's cos i'm from Asia & i grew up watching his movies...along with the movies of the actors & actresses he usually casts...Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Faye Wong, Takeshi Kaneshiro...

anyway, i'm starting to lose count of the things i have in common with Gary myself! it's getting freaky too...kinda. *lol* :rolleyes: :P

Oh yes he does...! He said pretty much the same thing in this short ITV (@40sec 'the mormon comunity' :lol: )

And in the big Herald Scotland ITV (the big 'Gary confession one'), he said also this :

I end up with what he said to Q if he had to sum up the last decade as a tweet: "we began like a band and ended up as a brotherhood".

:heart:

I think he owe them big time for having sticking with him through thick and thin.... It's really cute to watch them together (love all those bonus DVDs that goes with EO, AHMS or Up to now), they really act together as brothers...*cute*

haha...interviews in a train FTW!!! :D

& i love how Jonny comes in with that joke of his about the fortune teller at the end with a completely straight face!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i think the Reworked Tour's shows are unique enough that they deserve to be DVD-ised. :inquisitive: i mean, they may never do another proper/full Reworked Tour ever again.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y!! Boys, if you hear us...DVD PLEASE :bomb:

btw, i can't help but note that Tom's got to angle his head upwards hugging Gary...............else he'll get a faceful of Gary's armpit. :P

:lol: I thought the same thing!

hmmm....is Wong Kar Wai's stuff considered indie in Europe/US? i personally don't think of him as indie, but then that's cos i'm from Asia & i grew up watching his movies...along with the movies of the actors & actresses he usually casts...Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Faye Wong, Takeshi Kaneshiro...

Yeah, his movies are 'indie' here cause they are not play in many theater, only 'arts & essay' theaters (dunno if it's how it said in english?)...But at the same it's quite famous (because of Cannes festival). But Tony Leung, Andy Lau and Takeshiiiiiiiiii :heart: (that man is TOO gorgeous!).... the great three <3 !!!

haha...interviews in a train FTW!!! :D

& i love how Jonny comes in with that joke of his about the fortune teller at the end with a completely straight face!

Yeah, Jonny should speak more often! :smug:

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y!! Boys, if you hear us...DVD PLEASE :bomb:

:lol: I thought the same thing!

Yeah, his movies are 'indie' here cause they are not play in many theater, only 'arts & essay' theaters (dunno if it's how it said in english?)...But at the same it's quite famous (because of Cannes festival). But Tony Leung, Andy Lau and Takeshiiiiiiiiii :heart: (that man is TOO gorgeous!).... the great three <3 !!!

Yeah, Jonny should speak more often! :smug:

hmmm...well, i guess Asian movies are more of a niche thing outside of Asia. it's only recently they're starting to appear in Cannes & all.

& yes! Takeshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! hahaha :wacky:

Andy Lau kinda freaks me out...he's a great actor, but the man looks EXACTLY the same now as he did when i was very little. & i'm not very young already by now! :inquisitive:

& yes! Jonny should speak more! hahaha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Z8bjLSIJs]Snow Patrol Interview in Tokyo[/ame]

can't see it, but there's Jonny at 3:02 again cutting in with a cheeky answer: "it's the sex appeal" (& apparently done with a straight face once again from the look of his face) in reply to a question about the secret to their popularity. :laugh3:

(the interviewer seems so sweet! hehe)

so should Paul, actually...he seems funny...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30w8mLdOQto]Q101.1's Ryan Manno interviews Snow Patrol! [/ame]

check out his face at about 1:30! :lol:

Andy Lau kinda freaks me out...he's a great actor, but the man looks EXACTLY the same now as he did when i was very little. & i'm not very young already by now! :inquisitive:

I think that most of asians don't seem to age, they all look so young year after years... :inquisitive:

& yes! Jonny should speak more! hahaha

I think it's the 'drummer syndrome', they don't get often occasion to speak and when they do, they're pretty discreet...but I like Jonny's sense of humour ^^ I Love this ITV.

so should Paul, actually...he seems funny...

check out his face at about 1:30! :lol:

I ALWAYS have such a hard time to understand Pablo, he doesn't articulate + the scottish accent, I'm like :huh: :uhoh: but he seem pretty funny though! Nice ITV ^^

Nathan seems to be a quite something too, I LOVE the acceptance speech he did when Gary had his jaw broken... 'Gary broke his jaw in a bar fight...how many women was it?!' :lol: (the speech starts @1min)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OeCmbuDYys]YouTube - Aceitando o prêmio de Melhor Banda Irlandesa no Meteor Ireland Music Awards[/ame]

On the AHMS bonus DVD, he also joke about the intro of 'rocket' saying that the noise at the begining sounds like 'beeer...beeeer'... :laugh3: (and you can see Pablo jumping on that singing 'wiiiine....wiiiiine...' lol ) Now everytime I hear this song, I think of that... :lol:

Hey guys, since you all are so kind here, I have question. There was an acoustic SP gig posted on youtube where Gary talked about being surounded by two handsome guys and if he said that in belfast he'd get hit with shoes. I think it was in amsterdam. There also was a quiz about polar bears. I think you know about which one i am talking about :lol: But I cant find it on youtube anymore :sick: I loved that gig so much...Does anyone know where i could find it or download? :blank:

Hello guys, ages absent here. When I heard that Snow Patrol is opening at U2's gig here in Mexico I decided I wanted to go riight away! I had already lost all hope about getting to see them play here. It's not exactly what I wanted but I cannot waste this oportunity to see Snow Patrol for the first time and I hope not the last.

Hi Mig-El!!! If you can go to U2's show: GOOO!! If you have SP as opening act, it's a win-win, if not, you still have U2...which is kinda super class?!!!

Hey guys, since you all are so kind here, I have question. There was an acoustic SP gig posted on youtube where Gary talked about being surounded by two handsome guys and if he said that in belfast he'd get hit with shoes. I think it was in amsterdam. There also was a quiz about polar bears. I think you know about which one i am talking about :lol: But I cant find it on youtube anymore :sick: I loved that gig so much...Does anyone know where i could find it or download? :blank:

Don't see which gig that is... :thinking: Gary said a lot of times that Nathan and/or Pablo are too hot to handle... :lol:

As for the quizz, is that this one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU70Ch-471A]YouTube - Snow Patrol MAX Sessions - Questions[/ame]

nope, it's the one where gary started playing "if there is a rocket tie me to it" and stoped to check the lyrics on his laptop so Pablo started to play some fun bassline and everyone started to clap along. then gary said something like "paul wilson everyone" hmm..what else can I say about that gig....the quiz included an old gary and jonny interview audio where gary was arguing with the interviewer to get more points....

:wacko:

I don't see which gig it was...as for the quiz, I totally remember it now but I've searched YT for half an hour and I haven't found it... :/ Dunno if it's been deleted, there is a lot of their vids that have been recently... and I hadn't put this one in favorites so...sorry... :shame:

I found some unseen video from pre-Pablo era :thinking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZmlkGZ3qM&feature=channel]YouTube - Snow Patrol Live At Somerset House Band's US Tour Film[/ame]

awww at nathan gary jonny and tom wrestling. and that fountain :lol:

they are having so much fun :nice:

ZOMG I found the gig on youtube :wacky:

must see!

:awesome: I'll check it out!!! SP are really good on those showcase or small radio/record stores gigs ^^ One of my fav is the Nashville record showcase, got some amazing Gary's banter:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKNctGECGnQ]YouTube - The Planets Bend Between Us.[/ame]

The 'olive grove' one is priceless with him looking up at the lyrics the manager gave him every now and then cause he forgot them... :laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awRE3dL72VY]YouTube - Olive Grove with some difficulties =].[/ame]

Check out the rest, it's in the same vein! xD

I found some unseen video from pre-Pablo era :thinking:

awww at nathan gary jonny and tom wrestling. and that fountain :lol:

they are having so much fun :nice:

Yeah, that not really 'unseen'...It's one of the bonus of the Live @Sommerset DVD :) A must see if you ask me...! Love Tom miming the speech at the end, always cracks me up!

I love that SP put bonus films in all their releases (from the time they have success, there no bonus DVD on the first two albums but there are for EO, AHMS, Up to now and the live @Sommerset). I love those films where you see them joking around, or record and rehearse....I hope they'll keep doing it with the next one! *pray*

well yeah, it's unseen for me :lol:

they looks so chilled :nice: is it me or Mark looks like he's out of place for most of the time. Or maybe it's just cause I know that he was kicked out of the band a bit later :thinking:

oh yeah, gary always pulls hillarious banters :laugh3: forgetting lyrics makes him so charming :wacky:

well yeah, it's unseen for me :lol:

they looks so chilled :nice: is it me or Mark looks like he's out of place for most of the time. Or maybe it's just cause I know that he was kicked out of the band a bit later :thinking:

Yeah I think so too, but just like you, I wonder if it's due to the fact I know he was kicked out (I discover SP with EO, so Pablo had just arrived) but even on stage, he seems having fun on his own but not interact a lot with the others... :thinking: Pablo, dispite his relative quietness, go see Gary, Nathan and all during gigs...Not really the case with Mark. Plus, I don't like his face and the way he talks... :P I'm glad they replace him by Pablo, he's such a sweetheart :heart:

I think that most of asians don't seem to age, they all look so young year after years... :inquisitive:

we do age...just ermmm...most of us tend to not look our age. Asians somehow are perceived to look younger than their actual age.

as for Andy Lau...i suspect there's some botox in there somewhere. :P

I think it's the 'drummer syndrome', they don't get often occasion to speak and when they do, they're pretty discreet...but I like Jonny's sense of humour ^^ I Love this ITV.

I ALWAYS have such a hard time to understand Pablo, he doesn't articulate + the scottish accent, I'm like :huh: :uhoh: but he seem pretty funny though! Nice ITV ^^

i love how Jonny & Pablo are pretty soft spoken type of guys. even in person...well, even Nathan too (i think). just that he's the lead guitarist so i guess we get to see Nathan talk more than the others & he seems to be more talkative if he's with Gary & they're joking around in an interview.

another interview with Jonny in it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISQzeS3MfKI&feature=related]Snow Patrol's Couch of Dreams with Gary and Jonny [/ame]

...together with a request for anyone in South America to give them a call. :wink3:

can't really make out what Pablo's saying there in some bits of the interview myself. tho it's more to the fact that he speaks quite softly cos i feel he doesn't have as strong a Scottish accent as Tom...but then i don't really have much of a problem understanding their accents cos i've encountered ppl who speak with even stronger accents than theirs. i guess that's an advantage when it comes to understanding the SP guys. haha :P

Nathan seems to be a quite something too, I LOVE the acceptance speech he did when Gary had his jaw broken... 'Gary broke his jaw in a bar fight...how many women was it?!' :lol: (the speech starts @1min)

On the AHMS bonus DVD, he also joke about the intro of 'rocket' saying that the noise at the begining sounds like 'beeer...beeeer'... :laugh3: (and you can see Pablo jumping on that singing 'wiiiine....wiiiiine...' lol ) Now everytime I hear this song, I think of that... :lol:

haha...i loved that acceptance speech! & how Nathan's seems to be all like "i get to make an acceptance speech for once...cos Gary can't talk! yay!" :lol:

i don't have the AHMS bonus DVD :shame: ...any YT link of it?

actually...i have the Eyes Open bonus DVD but i think i haven't really watched it. cos i only only remember there being a "Making Of..." video for You're All I Have, which was pretty short. but still funny...cos they were monkeying around on set, as usual. haha

oh! oh! i know which interview you're talking about!

but....i didn't bookmark it or save it. i tend to not save/bookmark interviews/photos. :shame:

but is it a Dutch radio station interview/quiz thing Gary was being really competitive so he was fighting for points & the other guys are just laughing away? i'll post it if i somehow find it again...

anyway, here's an interview from the Reworked Tour era that i personally haven't seen before...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDWThEHVC7k]Snow Patrol Interview[/ame]

Yeah I think so too, but just like you, I wonder if it's due to the fact I know he was kicked out (I discover SP with EO, so Pablo had just arrived) but even on stage, he seems having fun on his own but not interact a lot with the others... :thinking: Pablo, dispite his relative quietness, go see Gary, Nathan and all during gigs...Not really the case with Mark. Plus, I don't like his face and the way he talks... :P I'm glad they replace him by Pablo, he's such a sweetheart :heart:

no comment about Mark either cos i also only got into SP after Pablo's joined already.

but Pablo seems to keep to himself even within the band at times. maybe it's cos he has his own tastes/opinions that may differ from the rest...like how in the Japanese interview when they're asked for their fave songs from Eyes Open & Pablo's like "i don't really like any of them". :laugh3: oh, dear...but then Pablo always says he doesn't care for Gary's tales of heartbreak & how he screwed up his relationships when he's asked about the songs. :P

& i read another interview where it turns out he's trained in piano, so he's got some interest in classical music stuff & he loved the Jane Campion movie The Piano so much that when the band toured NZ he insisted they go visit the beach that it was filmed at.

:awesome: I'll check it out!!! SP are really good on those showcase or small radio/record stores gigs ^^ One of my fav is the Nashville record showcase, got some amazing Gary's banter:

now excuse me while i go spazz out for the hundred million-th time over this video & this song in particular... :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

another interview with Jonny in it...

...together with a request for anyone in South America to give them a call. :wink3:

I LOVE this ITV!! Always cracks me up to see Gary burst laughing after the sexy 'come on join on our coach of dreams... :wink3:' I'm coming whenever you want boys!! :D I love how they always put Spinal Tap references...XD I love that movie too, it's so funny!! :laugh3:

i don't have the AHMS bonus DVD :shame: ...any YT link of it?

It's nice! You have about 30min where you see them rehearse a few songs for the tour (Rocket, take back the city, crack the shutter and Take these photos). Between each songs they talk about how the rehearsals are going and about each songs. You got to see Richard Colburn too <3

Here a few extracts but the film is actually 30min long

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_UxdYalnW4]YouTube - A Hundred Million Suns Webisode 1 : Take Back the City[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MaVxXnCQy4]YouTube - A Hundred Million Suns Webisode 2 : If There's a Rocket..[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ35i2uilzA]YouTube - A Hundred Million Suns Webisode 3 : Crack the Shutters[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA6jEtpy-tI]YouTube - A Hundred Million Suns Webisode 4 : Just Take These Photos[/ame]

And then, there is a 10min film where you see them in the studios in Germany. There is just music playing in the background but you can see them fooling around, or working and even Jackniffe Lee's kids playing around :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP4foKJ7HFc]YouTube - Snow Patrol - Jacknife Lee Studio Safari[/ame]

:)

actually...i have the Eyes Open bonus DVD but i think i haven't really watched it. cos i only only remember there being a "Making Of..." video for You're All I Have, which was pretty short. but still funny...cos they were monkeying around on set, as usual. haha

There is the making-of & the music video of YAIH' and the recording of EO+footages of them touring with U2 (you saw them at the Stade de France, and I :awesome: every time Gary says with his cute accent 'Stadeuu de Fwrance"... :heart: )

anyway, here's an interview from the Reworked Tour era that i personally haven't seen before...

Snow Patrol Interview

I have seen it, it's from the french magazine Premiere (which a movie magazine... so I never understood WHY they ITV SP... :thinking: The journalist has the most annoying voice EVER and I hate that when they dub over artists.)

& i read another interview where it turns out he's trained in piano, so he's got some interest in classical music stuff & he loved the Jane Campion movie The Piano so much that when the band toured NZ he insisted they go visit the beach that it was filmed at.

Yeah he plays piano really well and guitar. He learnt to play bass just to play with SP. Tom says in the Up to now documentary that Pablo can play any instrument (reminds me of our dear Will Champion :heart: )

now excuse me while i go spazz out for the hundred million-th time over this video & this song in particular... :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

:laugh3: forgot it was your favorite SP song... :rolleyes:

I LOVE this ITV!! Always cracks me up to see Gary burst laughing after the sexy 'come on join on our coach of dreams... :wink3:' I'm coming whenever you want boys!! :D I love how they always put Spinal Tap references...XD I love that movie too, it's so funny!! :laugh3:

heh...i guess Spinal Tap's like THE reference point for any rock band. it keeps getting brought up in just about any interview with a rock band. :dozey:

thanks loads for the video links! shall watch them later...watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution right now. heh

There is the making-of & the music video of YAIH' and the recording of EO+footages of them touring with U2 (you saw them at the Stade de France, and I :awesome: every time Gary says with his cute accent 'Stadeuu de Fwrance"... :heart: )

okies...looks like i really haven't given it a proper watch yet then. :shame:

*puts it on the now very long list of movies/shows to watch after i hand in my dissertation*

I have seen it, it's from the french magazine Premiere (which a movie magazine... so I never understood WHY they ITV SP... :thinking: The journalist has the most annoying voice EVER and I hate that when they dub over artists.)

yeah, the voiceover was kinda annoying...initially thought it was a YouTube feature thing. but i love the end bit where Gary & Jonny (well, Gary mostly...& with a sneaky seductive look at Jonny slipped in :laugh3: ) joking around about having set a date for their wedding & getting married in multiple states. haha

Yeah he plays piano really well and guitar. He learnt to play bass just to play with SP. Tom says in the Up to now documentary that Pablo can play any instrument (reminds me of our dear Will Champion :heart: )

haha...yeah! talented multi-instrumentalists rhythm guys! :cool:

but Tom's pretty talented too, imo...for someone who never played the piano/keyboards until he became part of SP. well done, Tom! :D

:laugh3: forgot it was your favorite SP song... :rolleyes:

*lol* what can i say? i'm a sucker for this song... :laugh3:

oh & this interview reminded me of that photo & your caption for it about Gary's opinion of 90s music! haha

except he's talking about 80s music here...which probably was a worser period for music/shows/fashion than the 90s. :inquisitive: :dozey:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6owDPEJMaM&feature=related]Snow Patrol - Interview at PinkPop 2009 - arte[/ame]

haha...yeah! talented multi-instrumentalists rhythm guys! :cool:

RHYTHM SECTION RULES!!! :cool: That's the ultimate truth :D

but Tom's pretty talented too, imo...for someone who never played the piano/keyboards until he became part of SP. well done, Tom! :D

Yep! And I always wondered how can you learn to play an instrument so quickly without knowing the basics...that's amazing! :stunned: I was pretty shocked when Pablo said he picked up his first bass 2 days before his first SP show and had just these 2 days to learn the songs AND play the instrument! :o That's insane!!

oh & this interview reminded me of that photo & your caption for it about Gary's opinion of 90s music! haha

except he's talking about 80s music here...which probably was a worser period for music/shows/fashion than the 90s. :inquisitive: :dozey:

Snow Patrol - Interview at PinkPop 2009 - arte

DON'T SEND ME BACK IN THE 80'S!! :laugh3: I agree with him here, even if i was a little girl, I remember the colorful, weird Lada Gagaiesque costumes and hair style and all those songs with crappy Bontempi synthesers... :facepalm:

(side note: those glasses don't suit you gL!! and bigLOL at the Dr Seuss t-shirt...geez, he loves that shirt!! :laugh3:)

Yep! And I always wondered how can you learn to play an instrument so quickly without knowing the basics...that's amazing! :stunned: I was pretty shocked when Pablo said he picked up his first bass 2 days before his first SP show and had just these 2 days to learn the songs AND play the instrument! :o That's insane!!

yeah! that's insane that he managed to get the hang of the bass in just 2 days! :whistle:

DON'T SEND ME BACK IN THE 80'S!! :laugh3: I agree with him here, even if i was a little girl, I remember the colorful, weird Lada Gagaiesque costumes and hair style and all those songs with crappy Bontempi synthesers... :facepalm:

(side note: those glasses don't suit you gL!! and bigLOL at the Dr Seuss t-shirt...geez, he loves that shirt!! :laugh3:)

*shivers* yeah...the 80s. with the exception of U2 & U2's The Joshua Tree... :P

actually...i'm watching Wedding Singer right now. it's really reminding me of the weirdness that was 80s fashion & music...& that keyboard/guitar hybrid thing (that i once had too... :shame: :P) :dozey:

I've been so crazy for SP lately. :blush: I don't know what it is, but I do know I'm super ready for a new album. :cheesy:

next year!!! *fingers crossed*