✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AOAL (Legends Mix)

MarckozZ

spacer.png

Hello guys!

So, I've made this mix based on the leaked 'Legends' demo snippet (the one that turned out to be Adventure Of A Lifetime). It took me some time but here it is!

Enjoy!

·········

INSTRUMENTAL VERSION

My other remixes:
Edited by MarckozZ
Added images and new track
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, aaronm360 said:

Makes me think of what the song could have been without Stargate’s production ruining it. That repeating vocal snippet from the intro onwards makes it almost unlistenable for me, this is so much better imo.

I totally agree with you! In my opinion they should have released Legends or anything as similar as possible as the definitive version of Adventure Of A Lifetime. I'm under the impression that due to Stargate's production the final product ended up being overcooked and containing too many spices for my taste.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, M Marks The Spot said:

I totally agree with you! In my opinion they should have released Legends or anything as similar as possible as the definitive version of Adventure Of A Lifetime. I'm under the impression that due to Stargate's production the final product ended up being overcooked and containing too many spices for my taste.

I really don’t like the use of snippets or samples in songs, especially speech like in the band’s recent albums or stuff that repeats constantly. It gets boring after several listens and I prefer just the music on its own, it would be so much better!

• Like 3

On 4/12/2020 at 7:05 PM, I ran away said:

I like it ! Very chilled and relaxing ?

12 hours ago, stephen said:

A real "head-bopper", I love it! Good job ?

12 hours ago, M Marks The Spot said:

Well done! I find it groovy ?

9 hours ago, aaronm360 said:

Makes me think of what the song could have been without Stargate’s production ruining it. That repeating vocal snippet from the intro onwards makes it almost unlistenable for me, this is so much better imo.

Thanks a lot guys! ? I’m glad you liked it... honestly I started this just to imagine how Legends could actually sound, and at some point I added the vocals from AOAL and then it turned into this remix... I’ll try to do another mixes in the near future! 

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, aaronm360 said:

I really don’t like the use of snippets or samples in songs, especially speech like in the band’s recent albums or stuff that repeats constantly. It gets boring after several listens and I prefer just the music on its own, it would be so much better!

I guess you could edit them out using the stems, I’m not sure though. Legends still has the sample loop used in AOAL and contains more electronic elements while AOAL has real drums and bass. I prefer the fact that AOAL has more elements, it completes the song, something that legends doesn’t have

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

I guess you could edit them out using the stems, I’m not sure though. Legends still has the sample loop used in AOAL and contains more electronic elements while AOAL has real drums and bass. I prefer the fact that AOAL has more elements, it completes the song, something that legends doesn’t have

I agree with this, but, at the same time those real drums for example are just loops on the studio version... still has slight better sound than Legends. Not a fan of voice samples all the time in a song tho...

• Like 1

First, I want to say you have done a great job with mixing this!!! It could have been an original song :classic_ohmy:

I love this Legends/Remix version of AOAL! Interesting that even though it's a bit slower than the original, it works really well and the song is still very uplifting ?

My favourite part is when Jonny's guitar riff kicks in at 3:18, you changed that part so well, it sounds amazing. That outro with the big guitar riff is also very good  :classic_love: It's probably the best Coldplay remix I have ever heard!!!! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

First, I want to say you have done a great job with mixing this!!! It could have been an original song :classic_ohmy:

I love this Legends/Remix version of AOAL! Interesting that even though it's a bit slower than the original, it works really well and the song is still very uplifting ?

My favourite part is when Jonny's guitar riff kicks in at 3:18, you changed that part so well, it sounds amazing. That outro with the big guitar riff is also very good  :classic_love: It's probably the best Coldplay remix I have ever heard!!!! :classic_biggrin:

Wow, thanks a lot for your review!!! It sounds cool just because I took an idea from Coldplay using a song from Coldplay, I mean, I just put the pieces together but all the magic comes from the band... 

Also, don't forget the Ulrich Schnauss remix for the demo version of Talk... That one is AMAZING for me! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BackupHero said:

I love your mix! Had it on repeat for days. Are you going to make an updated mix using the newly leaked snippet without an audio watermark? The "~Legends are awake" vocal is properly audible now. 

Thanks! I'm glad you like this! ANd yep! I'm working on something else at the moment, but I'll update this mix soon with the new vocals! :D

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Like 1