🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

A Weezer Thread

';'

Oh man... I love Weezer. They are in my top 5 favorite bands ever. Coldplay is in there too obviously, haha.

I have the Red Album right here. And it's awesome IMO. Very different than their usual affair.

This song is the closer to the album "The Angel and The One" and I think it's one of their best songs lyrically in a long long time.

The Greats Man that Ever Lived is awesome too!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

coldplay's mentioned in the rollingstone review.

The album toggles maniacally between styles, climaxing with "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)," a satirical mini-epic that switches genres every eight bars, from hip-hop to mock-baroque choral music to Coldplay-esque falsetto balladeering.

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/20949199/review/20961611/weezer

wait! :thinking:

i've listened the album many times and thought, they sound very familiar, like any other band... just came up..

is just me or does some songs like the second track of that Red album remind you to Green Day (Jesus of Suburbia mainly).

:thinking:

other songs remind me to other different bands... anyways still sounds so Weezer :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hmm...didn't know we had a Weezer thread. Apparently it was buried for months.

While I enjoyed Make Believe more than a lot of people, I really felt The Red Album was a disaster. Really, I think Weezer has gradually gotten worse and worse over time, even though there's no denying that many of the classics they've put out are here to stay for quite some time.

Rivers Cuomo has been doing some more independent stuff, which is actually pretty decent. Go 'Tube his stuff.

weezer is my second favorite band after coldplay. i dont even know why anymore, i just looove them:D i used to go on a weezer forum called albumsix a lot, but ive cut down ever since my coldplay obsession started up again.

i just checked my itunes: 251 weezer songs:lol:

Hmm...didn't know we had a Weezer thread. Apparently it was buried for months.

While I enjoyed Make Believe more than a lot of people, I really felt The Red Album was a disaster. Really, I think Weezer has gradually gotten worse and worse over time, even though there's no denying that many of the classics they've put out are here to stay for quite some time.

Rivers Cuomo has been doing some more independent stuff, which is actually pretty decent. Go 'Tube his stuff.

yeah i kinda agree. the red album has a some really great songs, but i just don't like it that much. it was really disappointing. i used to think make believe sucked but then one time i listened to it again and i was like oh wow this is really good!!

the blue album is one of the greatest albums of all time!!!!

edit: oh yeah and Rivers's stuff rocks! i forgot to type that earlier

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ahhh someone finally bumped this thread! :dance:

looking for it is a real bitch :P

yes old weezer is a thousand times better :heart:

but i wasn't too disappointed in their new album :D

AND I HAVE PIT TICKETS TO SEE THEM DECEMBER 10TH!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!