✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Smiths

badlydrawngirl

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Yes at last i've found a smiths thread, your a legend for starting this one. When i found out morrissey was headlining v-festival with radiohead i was on the phone straight away but all the tickets sold out in 5 minutes. I just wish i was into the smiths when they were still together so i could have seen them play live...............

Plus i want hair like morrissey

Yeah this page needed to be resurrected, it's the best thread i've seen yet. For some reason the smiths hardly's get mentioned? No one listnens to them where i live apart from maybe's 2 or 3 people and as for your teacher going to see their last ever gig, yeah i hate him to.

Yeah this page needed to be resurrected' date=' it's the best thread i've seen yet. For some reason the smiths hardly's get mentioned? No one listnens to them where i live apart from maybe's 2 or 3 people and as for your teacher going to see their last ever gig, yeah i hate him to.[/quote']

lol

I just take for granted that they were so great I think, that's that's why I hardly mention them, but they are definitely one of the most important bands ever.

Yeah your right, if it wasn't for The Smiths you wouldn't have had loads of bands that were around today. Oasis, Radiohead and Coldplay have all giving credit to The Smiths for influencing their music and Noel Gallagher wrote Slide Away on Jonny Marrs guitar plus Jonny Marr plays a few tracks on Heathen Chemistry. When i left a comment on this thread i didn't realise the last comment before mine was posted in 2003, where's everyone at? lol

haha! Yeah I TOTALLY forgot about this thread honestly! I went through a phase of listening to just The Smiths awhile ago' date=' I think that's why I made it! :cool:[/quote']

I'm glad you did make it :)....so where abouts r u from?