✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Smiths

badlydrawngirl

Guest howyousawtheworld
there is a light that never goes out <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

One of the few songs I regard as utter perfection.

The Queen Is Dead (the album) is just plain epic. Incredible album.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Since I am shamelessly bumping, I thought I would state something that is obvious: the smith CDs need to be remastered. I've been listening to the queen is dead and meat is murder, and I have to crank my stereo to get decent sound. I know they've been remastered and released in vinyl, but when are they coming to cd?

It kind of cracks me up that the Smiths are being brought up cuz I find the pple on here are so young, they werent around when the Smiths were, and are just discovering it now lol

Me too. I try to bump threads of classics bands, but they usually sink like a lead balloon. It's not like I'm stuck in a particular time period, as I listen to everything from buddy holly to the killers. But I find it odd that people spend so much time listening to these drive by bands when they've never taken a listen to an album like the queen is dead. If only one person listens, my work is done :)

exactly. there would be no bands like coldplay without bands like the smiths.

So true. And there wouldn't be bands like the smiths without bands like the beatles. And there wouldn't be bands like the beatles without bands like buddy holly and the crickets. And there wouldn't be bands like buddy holly without early American R&B. And so it goes... I know I'm skipping around, and the lists are far from inclusive, but it shows the progression of music. Each time a new generation adds it's own twist, or so it's suppossed to (I have my doubts sometimes).

I still haven't gotten past the best of...

I love it though

I am glad you like it. Aside from the queen is dead, I listen mostly to compilations (there are only 3 other studio albums anyhow).

The combination of moz's voice/lyrics and Johnny marr's jingle jangle guitar make them unlike any band I've ever heard.

Edit: just wanted to add that most best of collections don't have many of my favorite songs off of the queen is dead including: the queen is dead (song), cemetary gates, and especially I know it's over. Gotta get the queen is dead.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld
Johnny marr might be my favorite guitarist ever. Congrats on your plant, Johnny....I guess.

Probably have to agree with you there. His jangly rhythms, his incredible innovation and the way where he makes the guitar part of the music, rather than the dominant, attention seeking 'guitar heros' of the past. His pop, fresh music was sweet to Morrisseys bitter. Fuck the likes of Jimmy Page, Johnny Marr was and is the real thing! So fantastic that he is amongst Jonny Greenwood and Noel Gallagher's all time favourite guitarists. And if he's good enough for them two, he's good enough for everybody. A truly fantastic guitarist and musician all round.

aw yep. he's definitely in my top 5 guitarists too!

Yeah, I can think of guitarists that I like as well, but no one that I like better. I like watching this video of Johnny playing a bit from "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" and talking about playing guitar:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...