✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2022-07-02] Deutsche Bank Park, Frankfurt, Germany

Captain Crieff

I almost did not come to this show.

My friend Claire and I booked this trip very spontaneously. My birthday is in May. I spent the weekend at Claire's and this one morning we were waiting for the oven to warm up our bread. Claire said he had been looking at Frankfurt tickets and thought we should maybe go. We organised it all in 10 minutes. Found tickets pretty quickly on this very forum. Thank you again! It is really sad that you could not come, but know that you made two diehard fans very happy.

All this week, I was ill. I really was not sure I was going to make it or have the strength to go through an entire concert. But I took every precaution and a lot of rest and felt better. The day of the show, we went to pick up our tickets and I let Claire around the stadium in the afternoon while i got some rest at the hotel. I honestly think that saved my night.

Claire and I managed to meet back inside the stadium a while after the doors opened. In the meantime she had tried the kinetic floors and, and , and!! She rode one of the bikes for twenty five minutes! They usually only ask that you use them for five, but everyone was impressed with her!

We were joined by friends - hi Nathan hi Ian and Carl - who eventually led us to the front right side. There were barriers between the very front part of the pitch and the rest (because of the early entry I suppose), so Nathan Claire and I had to stay a bit behind for a few minutes.

But then, they let people in!

I assume they kept the barriers up at the front area for the early entry and first people to come in, but it's a big area and the rest of the stadium filled up pretty quickly….So at the start of the concert, the front area was not as full. Security let us through, thank you folks!

So we were on Guy's side, we had so much space to dance around, we could even get drinks or rush to the toilet, and we could go the barrier - at the very end of the stage - whenever Chris (or Guy!!!) walked around. That is truly a great option to have if you ever wonder what new spot to try if you're going to several shows, and you're going with friends, I definitely recommend this.

This was my 11th Coldplay show and yet somehow I had slightly forgotten the incredible amount of absolute joy they bring. Good lord. The entire set is pure, unaltered joy and fun and love and beauty. Because it's just not possible to truly know until you have experienced it. Time absolutely flew by, this show is so well done and so smooth and seamless…. They are truly at their peak.

I was supposed to take it slow (due to my illness) but all safety flew out the window pretty much the moment they walked on stage lmao

Now I do need to talk about the giant, beautiful, panic inducing, not played in Europe since 2011, elephant in the room… POLITIK!!!!

Politik is my absolute favourite Coldplay song.

I got into Coldplay in the year 2011 and got hooked for life while watching the Madrid MX launch concert live on Youtube. One of the highlights of the set for me was Politik. I was truly blown away. Alas I missed out on tickets for the December arena tour and my first concert was at stade de France. At that point, they had ditched Politik from the setlist. It had always been a massive dream of mine to eventually hear Politik live.

To me, it is the most hauntingly beautiful, powerful, raw, true coldplay song. This song is about truth, it is a truth in itself, it all comes down to one thing. It is pure.

The world can easily feel shitty in a pretty massive and overwhelming way lately and we knew it was a matter of time before they brought back Politik to the set. I feel so lucky to have been there when they did and I truly hope they will play it again. They soundchecked it for the 2nd date. They have rehearsed a few times by now and it feels like they are really serious about it, not as a one-off, but they want it to work properly within the show.

They decided to play it straight after Clocks, no transition. Great choice! I think it's pretty much the only place where it fits, the rest of the show has way too much joy.

We all collapsed on the floor! We could not believe it! I will NEVER forget that moment with the bash bash bash! I literally fell to my knees and dropped my glasses! (found them quickly though thank god) So yeah obviously I was pretty much shaking and crying for most of the song. It was so beautiful though. That performance was truly great, Chris was on point. He was so focused, and restrained and sincere. Like he meant every single word. It felt vulnerable and true.

Ian (Xtra) recorded it - it's on their instagram fyi. At the end you may or may not see a certain someone have a last emotional reaction to what had just happened hehe

Now to go back to the rest of the show - special moments were:

the end of Paradise, which included a special rap! We learnt from Phil that someone in Germany has released "a song called Paradise" (Phil's words hahaha) that is number 3 in the charts (Tiktok or Spotify). They included a bit in the set, as a German exclusive. Wonder if they will take it to the other countries, but it was pretty cool! Always love a different take on Paradise, let's face it the Paradise remix was a real highlight of the AHFOD tour.

Magic in German! Now, I've seen Magic enough time not to be begging for it on the setlist, but Chris singing it in German was truly entertaining and adorable. I assume they'll do it in French (or maybe another song in French?) in Paris and honestly why not, that was fun!!!

Obviously the lightclub is a lot of fun, I encourage everyone to imitate Chris' dance moves for maximum fun. And please, if you're close to the stage, hype him up!!! And on a setlist note I am so glad they included Infinity sign somehow, I had zero hope before the start of the tour, it is one of my favourites of the album .

I should also add that The Scientist is the most iconic sing along of all time in the history of music that's just a fact.

But the most special moments (other than, again, Politik) were not about the songs. The most special moments are those spent with my Coldplay friends, singing, dancing, laughing, on the verge of tears. I love this show so much not just because it had my favourite song, but also because I got to truly enjoy it and with such special people. Love you folks.

OH and

Guy came around at one point and smiled at us and looked happy and that was nice and at that moment I wish i wore my AAF tee-shirt

Chris came by a few times. During ASFOS, he lifted his shirt RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and then smiled at us!!!! He should be trialed for murder! Because I died! Right there!

I've been in a phase of deep introspection the past 6 months. I've felt very low even just recently. Life is messy and overwhelming and sometimes empty. This one concert experience was the giant hug and push I so desperately craved and needed. And so much more.

Thank you Coldplay and to all who made that day what it was.

See you in Paris!

:dazzled: :dazzled: :dazzled::dazzled: :dazzled: 

• Love 9

14 hours ago, Coeurli said:

I almost did not come to this show.

My friend Claire and I booked this trip very spontaneously. My birthday is in May. I spent the weekend at Claire's and this one morning we were waiting for the oven to warm up our bread. Claire said he had been looking at Frankfurt tickets and thought we should maybe go. We organised it all in 10 minutes. Found tickets pretty quickly on this very forum. Thank you again! It is really sad that you could not come, but know that you made two diehard fans very happy.

All this week, I was ill. I really was not sure I was going to make it or have the strength to go through an entire concert. But I took every precaution and a lot of rest and felt better. The day of the show, we went to pick up our tickets and I let Claire around the stadium in the afternoon while i got some rest at the hotel. I honestly think that saved my night.

Claire and I managed to meet back inside the stadium a while after the doors opened. In the meantime she had tried the kinetic floors and, and , and!! She rode one of the bikes for twenty five minutes! They usually only ask that you use them for five, but everyone was impressed with her!

We were joined by friends - hi Nathan hi Ian and Carl - who eventually led us to the front right side. There were barriers between the very front part of the pitch and the rest (because of the early entry I suppose), so Nathan Claire and I had to stay a bit behind for a few minutes.

But then, they let people in!

I assume they kept the barriers up at the front area for the early entry and first people to come in, but it's a big area and the rest of the stadium filled up pretty quickly….So at the start of the concert, the front area was not as full. Security let us through, thank you folks!

So we were on Guy's side, we had so much space to dance around, we could even get drinks or rush to the toilet, and we could go the barrier - at the very end of the stage - whenever Chris (or Guy!!!) walked around. That is truly a great option to have if you ever wonder what new spot to try if you're going to several shows, and you're going with friends, I definitely recommend this.

This was my 11th Coldplay show and yet somehow I had slightly forgotten the incredible amount of absolute joy they bring. Good lord. The entire set is pure, unaltered joy and fun and love and beauty. Because it's just not possible to truly know until you have experienced it. Time absolutely flew by, this show is so well done and so smooth and seamless…. They are truly at their peak.

I was supposed to take it slow (due to my illness) but all safety flew out the window pretty much the moment they walked on stage lmao

Now I do need to talk about the giant, beautiful, panic inducing, not played in Europe since 2011, elephant in the room… POLITIK!!!!

Politik is my absolute favourite Coldplay song.

I got into Coldplay in the year 2011 and got hooked for life while watching the Madrid MX launch concert live on Youtube. One of the highlights of the set for me was Politik. I was truly blown away. Alas I missed out on tickets for the December arena tour and my first concert was at stade de France. At that point, they had ditched Politik from the setlist. It had always been a massive dream of mine to eventually hear Politik live.

To me, it is the most hauntingly beautiful, powerful, raw, true coldplay song. This song is about truth, it is a truth in itself, it all comes down to one thing. It is pure.

The world can easily feel shitty in a pretty massive and overwhelming way lately and we knew it was a matter of time before they brought back Politik to the set. I feel so lucky to have been there when they did and I truly hope they will play it again. They soundchecked it for the 2nd date. They have rehearsed a few times by now and it feels like they are really serious about it, not as a one-off, but they want it to work properly within the show.

They decided to play it straight after Clocks, no transition. Great choice! I think it's pretty much the only place where it fits, the rest of the show has way too much joy.

We all collapsed on the floor! We could not believe it! I will NEVER forget that moment with the bash bash bash! I literally fell to my knees and dropped my glasses! (found them quickly though thank god) So yeah obviously I was pretty much shaking and crying for most of the song. It was so beautiful though. That performance was truly great, Chris was on point. He was so focused, and restrained and sincere. Like he meant every single word. It felt vulnerable and true.

Ian (Xtra) recorded it - it's on their instagram fyi. At the end you may or may not see a certain someone have a last emotional reaction to what had just happened hehe

Now to go back to the rest of the show - special moments were:

the end of Paradise, which included a special rap! We learnt from Phil that someone in Germany has released "a song called Paradise" (Phil's words hahaha) that is number 3 in the charts (Tiktok or Spotify). They included a bit in the set, as a German exclusive. Wonder if they will take it to the other countries, but it was pretty cool! Always love a different take on Paradise, let's face it the Paradise remix was a real highlight of the AHFOD tour.

Magic in German! Now, I've seen Magic enough time not to be begging for it on the setlist, but Chris singing it in German was truly entertaining and adorable. I assume they'll do it in French (or maybe another song in French?) in Paris and honestly why not, that was fun!!!

Obviously the lightclub is a lot of fun, I encourage everyone to imitate Chris' dance moves for maximum fun. And please, if you're close to the stage, hype him up!!! And on a setlist note I am so glad they included Infinity sign somehow, I had zero hope before the start of the tour, it is one of my favourites of the album .

I should also add that The Scientist is the most iconic sing along of all time in the history of music that's just a fact.

But the most special moments (other than, again, Politik) were not about the songs. The most special moments are those spent with my Coldplay friends, singing, dancing, laughing, on the verge of tears. I love this show so much not just because it had my favourite song, but also because I got to truly enjoy it and with such special people. Love you folks.

OH and

Guy came around at one point and smiled at us and looked happy and that was nice and at that moment I wish i wore my AAF tee-shirt

Chris came by a few times. During ASFOS, he lifted his shirt RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and then smiled at us!!!! He should be trialed for murder! Because I died! Right there!

I've been in a phase of deep introspection the past 6 months. I've felt very low even just recently. Life is messy and overwhelming and sometimes empty. This one concert experience was the giant hug and push I so desperately craved and needed. And so much more.

Thank you Coldplay and to all who made that day what it was.

See you in Paris!

:dazzled: :dazzled: :dazzled::dazzled: :dazzled: 

I am glad you had such a nice experience! 🥰 I went totally nuts during Politik too!!! I had tears in my eyes! Among my friends I am the only one whose favourite is Politik.....😅So they don't play it often then (on this tour)? I have no idea...🙈 I was so blown away by the show on Saturday on Frankfurt that I bought a ticket last night for the show tomorrow too..😅 I am lso goung to Brussels now. Jesus, the concert virus has me again! LOL...

Edited by ShineLikeStars
addition
  • Like 1