✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Infinity station session ep

joecortazzo

53 minutes ago, jcfromparis said:

Of course you can pay for it.

Or you can have a 3 Month free to use Apple Music.

Apart from Coloratura, it's nothing really special.

Very ungrateful take about the EP

I for one really thought the EP was truly special. Human Heart sounds the best it’s ever been, and this is also the best version of POTP ever thanks to how crisp Jonny’s guitar sounds. 
Coloratura and Christmas Lights sounds great as well. 
Only problem I have is with HP, seems like the drums and bass are mixed poorly. Dolby Atmos never really did this song any favours unfortunately.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:07 AM, The Jordanator said:

Or if like me you feel the band don’t really need the money, just use this link here:

**link removed by moderator**

Thank you for this!! So I did actually purchase the EP on Itunes. I don't have a mac or apple device so I had to sign up for a new Apple account, download Itunes, (I have Windows 11 on my PC), purchased the EP, added it to my library, but there was a problem. I tried to convert the settings to have the files as mp3 instead of AAC. Didn't work. So I had to download an AAC converter and convert the files to mp3 that way. It worked, but the audio for the 5 tracks was horrible. There were breaks in the songs, static noises, etc. So finally I have the right tracks that sound just like I purchased them. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 4:07 AM, The Jordanator said:

Or if like me you feel the band don’t really need the money, just use this link here:

**link removed by moderator**

Sharing links to officially released material is not allowed on this forum, regardless of whether you think the band does or doesn't need the money. It's true they're rich as hell, but this is a fan forum, not a piracy site.

• Like 2

Fascinating stuff. None of thess make me feel strongly one way or the other.

I feel like Human Heart is clearer and I like it better.

I like the early electric guitar better and the ending guitar less in People of the Pride. A wash.

Coloratura is fascinating in how different it is. I prefer the piano and the vocals for the ending much better. I cam actuslly hear the guitar at the end and I feel Jonny's solo is better on the studio version, it sounds like they turned the volume up on it. Several of the song's stylistic transitions are less jarring. The album production makes it sound more spacey and I like that, hard to say which I prefer definitively.

Higher Power is not great

Edited by HowCouldIForget

On 12/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, joecortazzo said:

Anyone notice that the beginning of Christmas Lights is actually the studio version until Chris starts singing?

Didn't notice till you pointed it out. I actually think it's the studio version until after the first "you're still waiting for that snow to fall." Maybe he massively cocked up the piano during the recording and they only realized after? Who knows. The piano is noticeably brighter and less precisely-played after that point.

Everything else about this version is very good though! Will has some good singing that's mixed very well, Jonny's guitar really shines during the instrumental break in the 2nd half!

13 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Didn't notice till you pointed it out. I actually think it's the studio version until after the first "you're still waiting for that snow to fall." Maybe he massively cocked up the piano during the recording and they only realized after? Who knows. The piano is noticeably brighter and less precisely-played after that point.

Everything else about this version is very good though! Will has some good singing that's mixed very well, Jonny's guitar really shines during the instrumental break in the 2nd half!

yea I immediately heard the piano change. And the piano at the end of the song is actually also the studio version. 

• Like 1