✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Three more Coldplay albums to come, last one in 2025

Captain Crieff

2025 does seem rather quick to wrap things up however that's what they've decided.

My only wish for Coldplay to consider is if they decide to continue the MOTS volume 2 it would be awesome if they wrote a song about the environment. It always seemed strange to me they're going through great lengths to make a sustainable/ low waste tour campaign yet at this moment there is not a song that addresses their rallying cry basically.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

If they stick to Chris' statement, I'd expect a new album in late 2022/early 2023, post MOTS World tour in 2022. Then another album in 2024, which he mentioned would be a "musical", which implies a story tied to it or theme. Finally, the last album of "old-style Coldplay" would be released at the end of 2025, followed by another World tour, perhaps a big Farewell Tour, which would go on from 2026 through 2027. Then they shut it down. They'll all be around 50 years old about then, so I can see them disband for quite some time before they'd attempt another tour, if at all. I do think Chris will start a solo career, similar to what Sting did after The Police broke up. Jonny may play with him, but Guy certainly has a budding career as an auto racer, publisher, and clothes designer. Will could easily become a record producer. I just don't see them on a nostalgia tour in 2035. They've been fairly prolific, so I'd bet MOTS Vol. II has a number of songs in the can. They certainly have a number of "leftovers" from their past albums to do a "Odds & Sods" type album. We all know about "The Race" floating about. When will that get a proper release? 

Why don't anyone speak about the thing, that Chris said "they are working on this album Music of the Spheres and THEN they have three more things after that." This clearly means, that first there is some more to come for MOTS, I suspect it might be just EP or two EPs. They seem to call MOTS as one project.

And after that 3 things.

The last one is just Coldplay, back to basics. Classic sound, no fancy production, just pure amazing songs.

Before that the one thing is musical, which will be quite interesting.

But for third thing, there is no information, which leaves room for a speculation. There is a possibility it might be some reworks and songs, which have been circling around for a long time and fans are crazy to hear these. This idea is certainly supported by the story that they have recorded Us Against the World again as Silver Bird version. Also some other stuff like UFO.

So people might ask, how they find time for all that? Knowing how prolific songwriters they actually are, it won't be surprising that some ideas have been floating around for many years already and when songs are good and musicians are focused, things come together very fast. So all these projects might be already very close to completion actually.

Of course I might be totally wrong, but this is just how I see things.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rono3849 said:

I do think Chris will start a solo career, similar to what Sting did after The Police broke up. Jonny may play with him, but Guy certainly has a budding career as an auto racer, publisher, and clothes designer. Will could easily become a record producer. I just don't see them on a nostalgia tour in 2035.

I do partially agree with this.

Chris actually said that the Coldplay catalogue will be over, but not that they are going to stop being a band. So I think that each member will definitely devote time to other personal projects and interests, but that they will still come together to do performances occasionally. Maybe they won't tour for album anniversaries, but as far as the relationships between band members remain good, I think there aren't enough good reasons for them to definitely split up. I just feel that they will keep themselves open to every possibility. 

• Like 1

Well, Chris always said that he saw the perspective of him doing a solo album as dreadful, so I hope he would never change his mind on this. He also insisted a lot on the fact that the songs he brings to the band are basic structures (sometimes completely formed, other times incomplete) and that the proper song is then built by the whole band, with the other members adding all the "colours".

When The Police broke up, Sting had lost interest in the band and was already pursuing a solo career and the three members were heading towards different musical directions. I hope Coldplay could be able to always work out their differences and stay together as a band, which has been part of their strength since their beginnings.

Honestly, I think they will stop making records for some time, but maybe not forever. Who knows...

Edited by TheLostColdplayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The reason that I see Chris pursuing a solo career is that he can't just shut down his creative side. He talks about all of these songs being "delivered" to him. Why would that process stop? He's got no band to flesh out these new songs, so he'll create a project for himself or give them to another artist. I'd imagine he'll do them himself. I still think the band is basically finished at the end of their "Farewell Tour". There's no reason to keep touring without a reason to unless it's a cash grab and I doubt that Chris will be running around the stage like mad. I do wonder if they'll release an EP or not in-between MOTS Vol. I and Vol. II.

Edited by rono3849

3 hours ago, rono3849 said:

The reason that I see Chris pursuing a solo career is that he can't just shut down his creative side.

Which is exactly why I think the band will still put out singles and EPs after 2025 to compliment their tours. I can 100% see them keeping things normal with exception of the "no more albums" part. I mean, just look at MOTS' rollout: releasing an album means working your ass off during months while also having your artistry and life extremely scrutinized by music critics. By doing what I mentioned they remove most the bad shit since smaller releases are limited to fan circles, keep the fun part of making music, and on top of it all they can play live (a.k.a. the thing the band loves the most) at any given time.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

If the lates Coldplay Xtra interview with Chris and Johnny (August 2022) is anything to go by the next 3 albums will be :

Music Of The Spheres (Vol. II) - released during the current Music Of The Spheres world tour (most likely in April / May 2023) as there is a 6 month gap between 8th November 2022 and 17th May 2023 with the tour (which might be there for a reason). Probably to finish off MOS 2 and release it, incorporating the new songs into the 2023 tour. As Chris said in the interview they "already know" how some new songs are going to fit into their tours and he described the MOS album as "part 1 to something big". Chris also said during the interview that they'll be touring for quite a long time with this album as they're having so much fun. I've also noticed they've only toured North America once with MOS and haven't announced any Asian or Australia / New Zealand dates yet which I'd assume they might visit in the second half of 2023. My guess is an Asian tour, Australia / New Zealand and (potentially another) North American tour still to be announced.

The next release (after MOS 2), as Chris stated and which we know is the film / musical. To which Chris said films can take a lot longer than initially planned which is why this musical album may be LP11 or LP12. Depending on when the film is finished.

LP12 (or LP11 if the film isn't finished in time) will just be called 'Coldplay'.

After which I can only assume there will be some kind of Best Of / Greatest Hits which I'd imagine they'd also do a world tour with. Although I think 'Coldplay' would of been the perfect title for their Greatest Hits.

Edited by BlueMonkey
  • Like 2