✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Show being upgraded with Moon Music

Just because it's quiet in Coldplay front at the moment, I thought it would be fun and exciting to speculate what will change in MOTS concert setlist and production next year when Moon Music is released.

Some key points:

- Will they change the show opener Higher Power to something new?

- Will they change the show closer Biutyful to something new?

- Which songs from MOTS album will be dropped from setlist completely to make space for Moon Music songs?

- Which one of the classic hit songs should be given some rest?

- Which one of the older songs currently not regulary on setlist should be made regular?

- Some interesting new production tricks?

- Should they make concert a bit longer? Yes 😀

- Will they change the show opener Higher Power to something new? Possibly

- Will they change the show closer Biutyful to something new? Probably

- Which songs from MOTS album will be dropped from setlist completely to make space for Moon Music songs? I would be disappointed if any of them are dropped, apart from Human Heart or Biutyful

- Which one of the classic hit songs should be given some rest? Sparks, Don't Panic and In My Place

- Which one of the older songs currently not regularly on setlist should be made regular? Shiver and Swallowed in the Sea

- Some interesting new production tricks? Hopefully

- Should they make concert a bit longer? Definitely

Edited by driftaguy
Corrected

This has been on my mind recently now that Coldplay are finally returning to NZ next year,

My thoughts:

- MOTS/Higher Power is likely to remain opener.

- Biutyful is likely to stay as closer, possibly they could rotate it with a Moon Music song? Seems unlikely tho.

- LSG & Coloratura are already dropped save for the odd appearance. Humankind will stay as a rotational song. I don't see Human Heart/POTP being dropped it seems like they are both essential moments.

- I think the whole rotational CB, Orphans, Politik, IMP thing is temporary and next year will be scrapped and replaced with a permanent Moon Music song replaces all of these options. It would be a little disappointing to see as this is what currently makes the tour setlists interesting to follow but its the most likely outcome to happen here. The Songbook song I think has a good chance of being replaced with a new ballad from Moon Music too, its essentially become an excuse to play dumbed down versions of Everglow, Fly on and Up&Up so its become a little boring.

- I would love Politik to become regular given the world scene but I may be dreaming. Most people think Charlie Brown should be a regular instead of rotational but personally I don't think the song is needed so much this tour.

- Production Tricks is a bit hard to predict but we know there's something spectacular coming with the visuals for one of the new songs and the lightclub will change again next year, potentially with another Moon Music song too.

- The setlist might be slightly longer. Overall I can see about 4 stadium friendly Moon Music songs entering the setlist but 3 would essentially replace current songs and one would be additional. It's not the most ideal scenario but I feel like its the most predictable given how things have panned out this tour.

On another note its nice to see Chris singing some songs live again and reducing songs he's lip-syncing, especially the recent USA West Coast leg where POTP and Clocks were sung live (although sometimes the lip-synced vocal track is preferable to the ad-libs Chris does live ...😬) In saying that, his health is the number 1 priority and not our best value for entertainment so its completely understandable and even acceptable that Chris lipsyncs some songs especially ones which are vocally taxing. He's not the young man he once was he's getting closer to 50 lol.

Edited by The Jordanator

In my opinion Higher Power works well as an opener indeed, it will be difficult to replace.

As a closer, Biutyful is more likely to be replaced, I think. I just really hope they have written a strong album closer for Moon Music, which is suitable to play.

I think People of the Pride is getting dropped and replaced with something similar from Moon Music. I think they hinted a couple of times that they have some new song which is more heavy than PotP, was it called Jupiter?

But honestly I'm not sure what to expect. Maybe just 3-4 new songs added into setlist, but we might end up getting an whole setlist being turned upside down. Currently I would say the start of setlist from Higher Power to Viva la Vida is rock solid. Rest of the setlist is alright, but the only really iconic sequence of songs in my opinion is just the combination of My Universe and A Sky Full of Stars. Middle part of the show and encore is definitely something which could be changed up a lot, if they got new ideas.

Overall, I have just one demand. It would be cool to see them play their instruments as an whole band more often in some new songs, something with piano involved. I just hope they have written something cool for Moon Music, which they can pull of during live performance as well. Coloratura was cool, but didn't quite work on stadium. Maybe it's time for Chris to calm down and start behaving like an older gentleman in a few more songs. Not so many songs have to be so full of jumping around, it's not making it easy to sing either.😆

12 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

On another note its nice to see Chris singing some songs live again and reducing songs he's lip-syncing, especially the recent USA West Coast leg where POTP and Clocks were sung live (although sometimes the lip-synced vocal track is preferable to the ad-libs Chris does live ...😬) In saying that, his health is the number 1 priority and not our best value for entertainment so its completely understandable and even acceptable that Chris lipsyncs some songs especially ones which are vocally taxing. He's not the young man he once was he's getting closer to 50 lol.

Noticed that as well, I think he sang a lot more after this summer's European leg, in fact it seemed like recently in US, Asia and Australia he sang more than he ever had been during previous legs of MOTS tour - haven't done extensive research though, so don't quote me on that. They seem to be conservative with his voice, because of this tour being a long one. At this point I'm pretty sure they continue in 2025 as well.

Very interesting ideas there! The last time I saw them live was the Mylo Xyloto´s presentation in Spain, so I know a lot has changed about what Coldplay is live nowadays. That means, of course, I haven´t seen them during the MOTS, so I´m getting surprised with some of the things you´re writting...

- Chris not singing some of the songs? It´s the first time I hear about it, and I´m horrified. You certaintly don´t mean those songs where he lets the crowd sing some parts, do you? Could you be more specific?

-  I think The Jordanator is right, in a massive stadium show like this one, it´s unlikely the setlist will be longer, and I think 3 Moon Music songs will replace some of the MOTS ones, not be added.

- I would love to hear Coloratura live (with People of the Pride, the only MOTS tracks I really like), but again, as it´s not a known ballad it´s not likely to survive.

- As you can guess, I would like any other song to be the closer if that means Biutyful leaves the setlist. On the other hand, I think Higher Powert works as an opener, although I would rather something more atmospheric, if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  1. I think Higher Power will remain the opener.
  2. They might replace Biutyful, but I don't count on it.
  3. Human Heart and POTP (a shame in the latter's case).
  4. Charlie Brown and Something Just Like This.
  5. Orphans, I had a blast with it in Curitiba.
  6. Not sure if it's doable but having Holograms would rock.
  7. Hell yes!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday in Manila: are there any changes? For sure no new songs at all...

1. Higher Power

2. Adventure of a lifetime

3. Paradise

4. the Scientist

5. Viva la Vida

6. Hymn for the weekend

7. Everglow

8. Charlie Brown

9. Yellow

10. Human Heart

11. People of the Pride

12. Clocks

13. Infinity Sign

14. Something Just like this

15. Midnight

16. My Universe

17. A sky full of stars

18. Sparks

19. Raining in Manila

20. Fix You

21. Biutyful

1 hour ago, edupoint said:

Yesterday in Manila: are there any changes? For sure no new songs at all...

1. Higher Power

2. Adventure of a lifetime

3. Paradise

4. the Scientist

5. Viva la Vida

6. Hymn for the weekend

7. Everglow

8. Charlie Brown

9. Yellow

10. Human Heart

11. People of the Pride

12. Clocks

13. Infinity Sign

14. Something Just like this

15. Midnight

16. My Universe

17. A sky full of stars

18. Sparks

19. Raining in Manila

20. Fix You

21. Biutyful

No there were no changes to the setlist at all except ig the little bit where they asked the audience to record with them. They also often bring on local acts to fill the 2nd cstage slot. 

PS as mentioned above, yes, Chris has been lipsyncing a lot this tour but in recent shows he's reduced the amount of songs he has been lip-syncing. In Manila night one he lip-synced: Higher Power, Hymn For The Weekend, Charlie Brown, People of the Pride, Clocks, and the 2nd time of ASFOS after the first verse. It was worse in earlier legs but perhaps his health has gotten better since the lung infection and other concerns regarding smoke.

Edited by GamingForeverAUS

On second night, they changed a little bit the order, leaving Hymn for the Weekend for later and playing SJLT before, introduced Politik and Up&Up, and played Aeterna on b-stage, but I don´t know how much of it it´s really played and how much it´s recorded.

I´m still shocked and disappointed by the lip-syncgate. 

• Angry 1