ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND

sarah**

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
no no i dont mean that kind of a lie.. i mean a lie as in the message it delivers, you cant escape love? pfff bullshit

I don't think the message is that you can't escape love at all. I think it's more that if you don't learn from your mistakes, you're going to end up repeating them, and that no matter how painful mistakes can be, they are an important part of who you are.

It's classic old fashioned scifi, really. It presents a "what if" question (what if you could erase painful memories? would it be a good thing? Would your life be better?), invents fictional science that can answer that question, and shows the results- usually forcing the reader or viewer to come to terms with some of the ways that it can go wrong.

I like it because it reminds me that even the bad things in my life have a reason for existing; that they're worth something.

One of my all-time favorite movies. :cool:

I don't think the message is that you can't escape love at all. I think it's more that if you don't learn from your mistakes, you're going to end up repeating them, and that no matter how painful mistakes can be, they are an important part of who you are.

It's classic old fashioned scifi, really. It presents a "what if" question (what if you could erase painful memories? would it be a good thing? Would your life be better?), invents fictional science that can answer that question, and shows the results- usually forcing the reader or viewer to come to terms with some of the ways that it can go wrong.

I like it because it reminds me that even the bad things in my life have a reason for existing; that they're worth something.

One of my all-time favorite movies. :cool:

My thoughts exactly :cool:

I'm so gonna watch eternal sunshine again tonight.

from what i read, this is probably the best film i've never watched.

should get a copy of it soon, i guess...

Just remember, hype will always lead to dissapointment. Don't say I didn't warn you. :thinking:

All the same, you totally should see it. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest LiquidSky
i can watch this movie repeatedly without getting bored:)

Same here. It's been on tv recently.. :heart: