✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The X Factor Thread

Kerry

Yes, surely he was joking. Wagner doesn't have any type of target market, apparently he sings opera well, that's very hard to imagine. But the opera market is hard enough to break into, you have to be in perfect pitch and more importantly a respected talent, not someone who tries to headbutt 16 year old children (As I seen in the Mirror yesterday- who knows if its true).

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently he sings opera well,

From what I've heard, he doesn't sing well in any way whatsoever. He's nothing more than a pantomime act.

There's almost certainly a career waiting for him in that direction, anyway.

I can see him playing the Genie in Aladdin alongside Julian Clary and Biggins...........

I wasn't on about Jedward's album bombing, I was on about Joe McElderry.

Didn't make christmas number 1 thanks to rage against the machine

His first proper single didn't make number 1 (whereas the majority of the previous winners first proper single did)

His album got to number 3, even Leon got to number 1 in his first week!

Did you see Jedward on Buzzcocks this week?

FYI, Jedward's album only got to number 17 in the UK chart, it's sold well in Ireland though. It holds the record for fastest album to go into the 2-for-10 bin in hmv, after 2 weeks :P

Eliza Doolittle's freaking hot.

I just watched that Buzzcocks episode and they are totally nuts, it was kindof sad how they didn't even realise what was happening. However, as far as classic Buzzcocks roasts go, this was pretty undignified and not very funny, at least 3 or even 4 laughs came from just telling them to shut up, there were even some jokes that didnt make sense, when Jedward completed the lyrics "Shut up, just shut up shut up" Jack Dee said "Well I'm glad you said that" and big laugh, er- what? Another example when either John or Edward told that weird story about dog racing that rambled into nothing, and Dee was like "Well now let's move on from that anecdote", Simon Amstell would've come up with something a lot better then that. Hell I could have.

It was a bit like pointing and laughing at kids who are totally retarded, to me that's not really entertainment. Somethings wrong with those guys, they literally have the mentality of 7 year olds, and that's kinda worrying because I think they may be 18.

Oh and does anyone know what the hell one of Jedward was doing that he got inspired to jump up on the desk and run around the study pretending to have a gun? (If you're reading that sentence without seeing the show it must sound really fucked up- well it was). Everyone on the show kinda, ignored it? :thinking:

It was nothing compared to when they finally got Lee Ryan on.

The guy whose photo you posted was in this week's edition too. Has been used on numerous occasions, then?

MY GOD. Yes.

I recognised the weird looking guy from an episode years ago, but in that one he looked a lot weirder, he's managed to tone it down.

Eliza Doolittle's freaking hot.

I just watched that Buzzcocks episode and they are totally nuts, it was kindof sad how they didn't even realise what was happening. However, as far as classic Buzzcocks roasts go, this was pretty undignified and not very funny, at least 3 or even 4 laughs came from just telling them to shut up, there were even some jokes that didnt make sense, when Jedward completed the lyrics "Shut up, just shut up shut up" Jack Dee said "Well I'm glad you said that" and big laugh, er- what? Another example when either John or Edward told that weird story about dog racing that rambled into nothing, and Dee was like "Well now let's move on from that anecdote", Simon Amstell would've come up with something a lot better then that. Hell I could have.

I agree. The whole show was a shambles really, and Buzzcocks has been nowhere near as good since Amstell quit. It was his sarcasm and dry wit that made the show, really.

It was a bit like pointing and laughing at kids who are totally retarded, to me that's not really entertainment. Somethings wrong with those guys, they literally have the mentality of 7 year olds, and that's kinda worrying because I think they may be 18.

They definitely come across as a pair of retards, that's for sure.:dozey:

Oh and does anyone know what the hell one of Jedward was doing that he got inspired to jump up on the desk and run around the study pretending to have a gun?

Believe it or not, he was supposed to be acting out a scene from Ghostbusters.:dozey:

Oh, that was acting out a movie scene. I've noticed this before with them, I can't remember which one is which but they do the Ant and Dec thing of one on the left and one on right so people know which is which, and the one on the left definitely acts a lot stupider, the one on the right even look embarrassed. Especially when the left one kept talking when it was the other teams turn and even though the panel joked about how annoying it was maybe 3 or 4 times he still wouldn't shut up, I think he has even less common sense. The one on the right still goes into stories of little or no relevancy the exact same way a child does.

Yes Amstell suited the show perfectly. Mark Lamarr was also very smart and witty, but a lot of his jokes were simply about cutting up some random celebrity with a chainsaw, his humour was a bit too sinister. Now they don't even have a presenter, and Have I Got News For You has the same problem, there's no consistency in a panel show without that.

I think what they're doing is holding out for one of them to actually be good at it, and it's a very tough job to do. Afterall, Amstell was originally a guest presenter alongside a bunch of others for that series. The show is beginning to fall apart, and it doesn't help when it has people on it like Katy Brand who's sense of humour is about as retarded as Jedward.

How do you know they edited anything out? You'll notice one of them at one stage actually looked like they might cry, I saw that, but word of advice, don't use The Sun as a concrete source.

I highly doubt that they actually got that bad that they were crying, because surely Jack Dee would have stopped but he was still digging in until the closing stages.

How do you know they edited anything out?

Because I know someone whose been to a recording of the show, all 2 and a half hours of it.

And as they got to edit it down to fit in 30 minutes some parts have to be cut out, including any parts which might get complaints & the lawyers working overtime

(Have I got news for you on average is around 3 hours per episode)

Oh, that was acting out a movie scene. I've noticed this before with them, I can't remember which one is which but they do the Ant and Dec thing of one on the left and one on right so people know which is which, and the one on the left definitely acts a lot stupider, the one on the right even look embarrassed. Especially when the left one kept talking when it was the other teams turn and even though the panel joked about how annoying it was maybe 3 or 4 times he still wouldn't shut up, I think he has even less common sense. The one on the right still goes into stories of little or no relevancy the exact same way a child does.

Isn't Ireland meant to be ashamed of them? Hardly a good advert for the country, are they?:dozey:

Yes Amstell suited the show perfectly. Mark Lamarr was also very smart and witty, but a lot of his jokes were simply about cutting up some random celebrity with a chainsaw, his humour was a bit too sinister. Now they don't even have a presenter, and Have I Got News For You has the same problem, there's no consistency in a panel show without that.

I think HIGNFY gets away with it on most occasions, because that show is far more about Ian and Paul. Some chairmen work better than others, of course.

Boris Johnson was hilarious when he did it, and so was Brucie.

I think what they're doing is holding out for one of them to actually be good at it, and it's a very tough job to do. Afterall, Amstell was originally a guest presenter alongside a bunch of others for that series. The show is beginning to fall apart, and it doesn't help when it has people on it like Katy Brand who's sense of humour is about as retarded as Jedward.

It's definitely deteriorating, which is a pity.