The X Factor Thread

Kerry

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
The auctions are the only part which is entertaining

The auctions? Is Tim Wonnacott presenting?!

Were John and Edward hand-picked to be X Factor finalists as footage proves they auditioned TWICE?

By Sara Nathan and Emily Sheridan

Last updated at 4:23 PM on 03rd November 2009

Conspiracy theorists are having a field day after footage was posted on the internet of X Factor twins John and Edward Grimes at a second audition.

The Irish boys, who are loved and loathed in equal measure, qualified for the later stages of the competition after impressing judges with their routine in Glasgow.

However, home video footage, shot by a pair of unsuccessful contestants, places the 18-year-olds with big hair outside the London auditions three days earlier.

Scroll down to see a MailOnline video report with the latest X Factor gossip

Enlarge article-1224871-0710E683000005DC-517_468x362.jpg Fame seekers: John and Edward Grimes were spotted at the London auditions at the O2 Arena in May - days before their televised Glasgow one

Enlarge article-1224871-071078B8000005DC-315_468x298.jpg When will I be famous? The twins were interviewed by the X Factor crew at their London audition

The sighting has fuelled suspicions that Jedward were hand-picked by the judges as finalists for the reality contest.

Louis Walsh, who is mentoring the boys who squeak through every round despite their dismal singing and dancing skills, has been resolutely loyal to the pair.

Head judge Simon Cowell has repeatedly spoken of his distaste for the twins, likening their performance of Queen's We Will Rock You to the macabre gore movie The Night Of The Living Dead.

article-1224871-0710E7A7000005DC-859_468x630.jpg Three days later... John and Edward sang I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys at the Glasgow audition, which was broadcast on ITV in August. The judges gave no indication they had seen the boys before

When they sang the Backstreet Boys' I Want It That Way at their Glasgow audition in May, Simon said: 'Not very good and incredibly annoying. Two of the most irritating people we've had out here in a very long time.'

While fellow judges Walsh, Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole all gave them a 'yes', Simon was a definitive 'no'.

But when the clip of that Glasgow audition was shown, the judges gave no indication that they had seen the boys before.

However, if this footage posted on YouTube is genuine, Cowell and Co. must have seen them perform an audition at the O2 arena in London.

An X Factor spokesperson failed to clear the matter up, saying confusingly: 'There is always a pre-audition in front of the judges. They did a pre-audition in London then were asked to audition for the judges.

More...

'They were given a choice of Glasgow or London [a few days later]. They couldn't make London so they went to Glasgow.'

Despite many in the studio audience booing when Jedward appear, their popularity is clear to see by the sheer volume of screaming girls chanting their names outside the X Factor house and studios.

Bookmakers Ladbrokes have noticed the surge in popularity and given the twins 7/1 odds of winning - up from the 50/1 odds they had four weeks ago.

Last week, Simon promised to sulk for six months if the twins won X Factor.

When asked who he thought might win this year's series, he said: 'We're praying it's not John and Edward, but there is a chance according to reports this week that they might.

'To be fair to them, we put them in a competition where it's a public vote. But I'm not going to lie. If they win it will be a complete and utter disaster.

article-1224871-070C0E52000005DC-374_468x704.jpg Night of the living dead: John and Edward horrified Simon Cowell with their rendition of Queen's We Will Rock You

'I'd probably sulk for about six months and as I've said before, I'd get on a very very fast plane out of here as quick as possible that night.

'The good news is it's a singing competition and they can't really sing so I don't think they're going to win.

'I don't dislike them as people, they're quite nice people. I just don't think they're quite the act we were looking for this year.'

The 18-year-old twins are in rehearsals for this Saturday’s show, planning another stage extravaganza - this time performing the theme tune to 1984 film, Ghostbusters, originally a hit for Ray Parker Jr, and have threatened to slime Cowell.

This week’s theme is song from the movies and the Irish twins will even wear the iconic white boiler suits and backpacks, mimicking the costumes worn by actors Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson, who played ghost exterminators.

A show source said: 'The twins’ performances are now the highlight of every show. They even plan to slime Simon this week.'

Louis Walsh, 57, told the Daily Mail: “I hope they stay in for even longer, they make the show, they are real stars. I don’t care what people say, people can be rude about them all they like, these boys are great.

'And if they upset Simon, well that’s even better.'

article-1224871-070F1FB6000005DC-663_468x286.jpg That's better: The gate to the X Factor house was given a lick of paint last week to cover up the graffiti and lewd messages

article-1224871-0705DD41000005DC-659_468x286.jpg What a state: The walls were covered in messy scrawls from teen fans last week

Meanwhile, X Factor loser Rachel Adedeji yesterday defended criticism that Cowell, 50, had effectively voted her out on Sunday’s show, by taking the vote to deadlock.

Despite the fact that her mentor Dannii Minogue was furious, Rachel, 17, was in the ‘sing off’ with 16-year-old Lloyd Daniels, who could barely croak his way through the performance due to a sore throat.

And she said: 'I think it was only fair that he took it to deadlock - I mean, if anything he could be doing me a favour.

article-1224871-070CE477000005DC-564_233x533.jpg Sad farewell: Rachel Adedeji leaving the X Factor house yesterday

'Simon was right in saying he wondered if the public didn't get me or not, so let's just take it to deadlock and see...'

Rachel revealed her 'nasty' heartbreak after she was sent packing from the contestants' north-west London home just hours later, leaving in a flood of tears.

She said: 'I just had to pack all my stuff and leave...it was so nasty having to say goodbye to everyone. I didn't like it at all, I was just crying. It wasn't nice because you bond with everyone.

The student conceded that despite putting in the performance of her life with a rendition of Oasis hit Stop Crying Your Heart Out, her voice couldn't compete with the teenage girl fan base of Daniels.

'We all know that Lloyd has so many fans out there... he can sing well, is beautiful, there's so many people out there that just love Lloyd so I thought I've been here twice and this could be it.'

Rachel said she hopes Joe McElderry will win the show's current series, adding: 'That guy is brilliant. He has star quality and it will show. He is incredible.'

However Rachel admits that it might actually be Irish twins John and Edward who take the title.

She says: ''They have a great chance and they are great guys. Simon will like them eventually.''

Meanwhile, the X Factor house in Golders Green was given a paint job last night in a bid to cover up the graffiti written by teenage X Factor fans, who besieged it during half-term.

A pair of employees from the show spent several hours cleaning up the messy scrawls after local residents complained.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1224871/X-Factor-riddle-John-Edward-seen-auditioning-TWICE.html#ixzz0VotSanMS

The XXXX Factor: Sharon Osbourne launches a foul-mouthed tirade against BGT superstar Susan Boyle

The XXXX Factor: Sharon Osbourne launches a foul-mouthed tirade against BGT superstar Susan Boyle

By Ben Todd

Last updated at 7:14 PM on 05th November 2009

Former X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne has launched an astonishing foul-mouthed attack on Britain’s Got Talent runner-up Susan Boyle.

Mrs Osbourne - who quit the X Factor in June 2008 after four series – claimed Ms Boyle, 48, looked like a “slapped a**e.”.

The 57-year-old made her extraordinary remarks in an interview on US radio.

article-1225560-071A0E09000005DC-502_468x286.jpg Sharon Osbourne laughs as she joins radio hosts in insulting Susan Boyle - the foul-mouthed tirade has caused outcry

Ironically, Mrs Osbourne remains a judge on America’s Got Talent, Simon Cowell’s Stateside version of the show that gave Ms Boyle worldwide fame in May.

While Speaking about Boyle's success on Sirius XM Radio, Osbourne giggled: 'I like everybody to do well. Even somebody that looks like a slapped a**e. God bless her.

'It's like, 'You go girl'. She does look like a hairy a**ehole.'

More...

Mrs Osbourne went on to describe Ms Boyle as a "lovely lady" who needs a "Gillette razor,” a none-too-subtle jibe at Ms Boyle’s facial hair.

But Mrs Osbourne’s bizarre tirade did not end there.

She continued: '[God] gave her the talent. Yes he did. [And] he hit her with a f**king ugly stick.'

article-0-052651EA000005DC-763_468x653.jpg Susan Boyle finished in second place on Britain's Got Talent but she has won over fans around the world thanks to her appearance on the show

article-0-02673B86000004B0-795_468x350.jpg Sharon is pictured alongside the judging panel on ITV1 show the X Factor - she left after the fourth series and blames Dannii Minogue for her departure

article-0-07032150000005DC-80_233x667.jpg Sharon said Minogue had "no sense of humour" and "bad plastic surgery"

Video footage of Mrs Osbourne interview has since been uploaded onto YouTube. It has attracted a largely negative response.

Mrs Osbourne’s attack comes less than two months after she was seen applauding and blowing a kiss at Boyle – who is known as SuBo - following her performance on the America’s Got Talent final.

It was reported Mrs Osbourne had even calming Ms Boyle’s nerves before she took to the stage.

But Mrs Osbourne’s colleagues were not hugely surprised by the outburst yesterday.

A source close to Simon Cowell revealed: 'This is so typical of Sharon. She never knows when to keep her mouth shut.”

Mrs Osbourne is reneowned for being outspoken. After leaving the X Factor, she was dismissive of fellow judge X Factor.

'I left because of Dannii Minogue,' she said, after quitting, 'simple as that.'

'I didn't enjoy working with her at all and the prospect of spending six months sitting next to her, I thought 'my life is better than that'.'

She added that Minogue had "no sense of humour" and "bad plastic surgery".

Ms Boyle – from Blackburn, West Lothian - became an international sensation when she appeared on Britain’s Got Talent in April and sang I Dreamed A Dream from musical Les Miserables.

Her debut album, also called I Dreamed A Dream, will be released on November 23 and has already become Internet store Amazon’s best-selling album in terms of pre-sales.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XlwArFBK-o]YouTube- Sharon Osbourne Trashes Susan Boyle on Opie & Anthony[/ame]

GAY-LS??

Britain's biggest boyband? The JLS juggernaut gathers speed with rip-roaring set at G-A-Y

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 10:26 AM on 09th November 2009

They're quickly becoming the biggest boy band in the country, and the JLS juggernaut shows no sign of slowing down.

The R&B quartet played a storming gig at G-A-Y in London's Heaven nightclub on Saturday night - and even flashed those famously toned torsos too.

Pint-sized Aston Merrygold, Marvin Humes, Jonathan 'JB' Gill and Oritsé Williams were supported by fellow X-Factor reject Rachel Adedeji, who will no doubt be hoping to emulate their success.

article-1226126-07213E75000005DC-902_468x317.jpg Destined for greatness? JLS - from left Aston Merrygold, Ortise Williams, Marvin Humes and Jonathan 'JB' Gill - took to the stage at London's G-A-Y on Saturday

article-1226126-07213E15000005DC-923_468x392.jpg Teases: The group got into the spirit of G-A-Y's fun atmosphere by performing topless

After a busy few weeks promoting their eponymous debut album, which is released today, the group rounded off the weekend with a BBC gig at the Hammersmith Apollo.

Beaten by Alexandra Burke on last year's series, JLS have since won two prestigious Mobo awards and sold nearly 400,000 copies of their debut single, Beat Again.

More...

Their latest offering, Everybody In Love, knocked X Factor judge Cheryl Cole's Fight For This Love off the number one spot yesterday.

But after leaving the stage at the Apollo yesterday, the group insisted they were too tired to celebrate their second number one single.

article-0-07213E59000005DC-278_468x329.jpg It's getting hot in here: Marvin (l) and JB decide ripping off their vests is in order

article-1226126-07213E32000005DC-123_468x321.jpg Swoon: Marvin serenades their male fans

article-0-0721625F000005DC-601_233x423.jpg The support: X Factor reject Rachel Adedaji also performed

Merrygold said: 'We won’t be out celebrating and will be heading straight to bed after the performance - we’re so knackered.'

Before the gig, they popped into BBC Radio 1 to receive confirmation they were this week's number one.

Meanwhile, hordes of screaming female fans flock to every public appearance they make.

Humes admitted recently that some of their female fans had crossed the line when it came to acceptable behaviour.

He said: 'I was in a club and this girl put her hands down my trousers, I thought that's a bit strange - I was like "You can't do that! If I did that to you, I would probably get put in prison."'

Just last week, chaos ensued after thousands flooded Manchester's Trafford Centre to see the band turn on Christmas lights.

'There were so many people trying to get there that we were nearly late for the whole thing,' 21-year-old Aston Merrygold told the Mail.

'Our security guys had to divert the traffic away so we could get through to the venue and perform.

'We had to change in the car then go straight onto the red carpet. We never thought it would be anything like that. It was crazy.'

article-1226126-07239CE5000005DC-137_468x305.jpg We're number one: JLS celebrated their second chart-topper last night with a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo

article-1226126-07239CF2000005DC-459_468x223.jpg Sweet taste of success: The group are releasing their debut album today

There's no denying JLS has certainly come a long way.

The band was formed by Oritsé in the summer of 2007, after he placed ads online and scoured MySpace for potential members.

This time last year, they were earning just £50 a week performing in London nightclubs.

But now JLS - which stands for Jack the Lad Swing, in honour of new jack swing, a type of U.S. R&B - could well be on the brink of superstardom.

In January, the kick off their first ever UK tour, which will see them perform in seven cities including Newcastle, Manchester and London.

article-1226126-0723FA47000005DC-702_224x451.jpg

article-1226126-0723F90C000005DC-765_224x451.jpg

Celebration: JLS bandmembers Marvin Humes (L) and Jonathan 'JB' Gill looked pleased with their number one as they leave BBC Radio 1 last night

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1226126/Britains-biggest-boyband-The-JLS-juggernaut-gathers-speed-rip-roaring-set-G-A-Y.html#ixzz0WME4TFJA

Fruity Calvin Harris thrown off X Factor after storming stage during Jedward performance

Fruity Calvin Harris thrown off X Factor after storming stage during Jedward performance

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

Last updated at 9:10 AM on 15th November 2009

Calvin Harris was booted off the X Factor after storming the stage during Jedward's performance.

The DJ, who was to appear on the Xtra Factor, ran out during the twins' performance of 'Under Pressure' - with a pineapple on his head.

The electro- musician then slapped his bottom before running off again.

article-1227898-0737EAFF000005DC-350_468x294.jpg Pineapple head: John and Edward Grimes perform Under Pressure as Calvin Harris storms the stage

article-1227898-0737E171000005DC-494_468x329.jpg Storming the stage: The DJ was thrown out of the X Factor studios for interrupting Jedward's performance

The twins continued with their song, and judge Louis Walsh later praised them for being professional.

Writing on his Twitter page, Harris said: 'Was just thrown out of X Factor for jumping on stage during Jedward with a pineapple on my head.'

Earlier today, Harris had posted a photograph of a pineapple with the caption 'important'.

More...

Despite the distraction, Jedward finally won over X Factor viewers as judge Simon Cowell branded their performance ' their best so far.'

Dressed in metallic suits, they were cheered on by the crowd who even chanted their names after booing them for weeks on end.

Dannii Minogue however, complained that Louis allowed them to perform a non-Queen song, the nineties rap hit Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice, as part of their act.

Luckily for Jedward, who were saved by the public after landing in the bottom two last week, Cheryl Cole and Simon didn't share her views.

Simon said: 'I cant judge you in the real world.

article-0-0737C2D2000005DC-431_468x364.jpg Back in the race: The twins gave an electrifying performance

article-1227898-0737C3CF000005DC-742_468x368.jpg Ice, Ice Baby: The duo rapped the classic Vanilla Ice hit

'I have to judge you in Jedward land and if I'm there, that has to be your best performance.

'There's no point getting angry, if people like you, they like you.'

The judge went on to say that he had received more criticism over his handling over last week's shock decision than ever before.

He said: 'John and Edward kept on and on on and I liked it.'

Even rock legends Brian May and Roger Taylor had positive feedback for the dynamic duo claiming 'people love him or hate him, that's a good sign.'

article-0-0737A869000005DC-28_468x325.jpg Rock star: Jamie Archer impresses judges with Radio Gaga

Last week's show caused controversy after Simon Cowell, who claimed to hate the blonde twins, went to deadlock, putting the final vote to viewers who chose to send home Lucie Jones.

In his defence, this week Simon said: 'I know I upset people but I never play tactics and have even thrown out my own contestants.

'I didn't feel strongly enough about either acts.

'It may have not been popular but I trusted the public.'

Meanwhile, rock singer Jamie Archer worked the crowd with his rendition of Radio Gaga.

article-0-0737AE34000005DC-920_468x325.jpg Heartthrob: Lloyd Daniels sang Crazy little thing called Love

Although judges were impressed with his performance, the same could not be said for his hair.

Both Cheryl and Louis Walsh expressed disapproval over Jamie's afro.

Louis said: ' You're an ordinary singer with a small voice and big hair.'

Cheryl, although a fan of the finalist, echoed his sentiments: 'I like you, I don't like your hair.'

Meanwhile Lloyd Daniels sang Crazy Little Thing called Love to a barrage of screaming female fans.

article-0-0737B57A000005DC-517_468x286.jpg Energetic: Olly Murs, who sang Don't Stop Me, was no longer sporting his cast after breaking a bone in his right knuckle

The judges agreed Lloyd's performance was an improvement on last week, despite Simon comparing the teenager to 'a puppy taking part in the Grand National'.

It was touch and go for Ollie Murs, who broke his knuckle playing with a punching bag at the X Factor house, as there were fears the injury could affect his performance.

But the 25-year-old appeared on stage without a cast and stunned he audience with an energetic version of Don't Stop Me.

Louis paid tribute to the singer, branding him 'better than Robbie Williams.'

Joe McElderry's Somebody to Love caused a stir among judges as an excited Cheryl told Simon and Louis to 'shut up' after they criticised the 18-year-old's performance.

article-0-0737BCA0000005DC-321_468x286.jpg Safe as houses: Joe McElderry caused a stir with Somebody to Love

Louis complained Joe's use of a choir on stage was breaking the rules while Simon insisted Joe was better last week.

Cheryl dismissed their comments, telling them to 'be quiet'.

The Girls Aloud singer said: 'It's irrelevant what they say about you because the people at home have ears.'

Stacey Solomon gave a diva-esque performance of Who wants to live Forever as Simon said she gave the best performance of the night.

The feedback will come as good news to Dannii, who is down to her last act after Lucie and Rachel Adedeji were sent home.

article-0-0737CE87000005DC-571_468x466.jpg Diva: Stacey Solomon's performance was hailed as the best of the night by Simon, after her rendition of Who Wants To Live Forever

Danyl Johnson finished the show on a high note, as he has finally come into his own after being called arrogant.

The Bookies' favourite, who sang We are the Champions, was told his arrogance was backed by the talent.

Louis said: 'Tonight, you proved you have the talent to back up your arrogance.

'That was the most convincing performance of the night.'

The five acts booted off so far will return to the show tonight when they join the seven remaining hopefuls for a performance of their charity single.

All 12 finalists sing on the cover version of Michael Jackson's You Are Not Alone, which will raise money for London's Great Ormond Street children's hospital.

article-0-0737D5D8000005DC-305_468x450.jpg Soul: Final act Danyl Johnson proved he had the talent to back up his arrogance with We Are The Champions

Patients from the hospital will be among the studio audience to see Lucie , Rachel, Rikki Loney, Miss Frank and Kandy Rain return to the stage.

It is hoped the single, which goes on sale tomorrow but is available to pre-order today, will repeat the success of last year's version of Mariah Carey's Hero, which raised more than £1 million for the Help For Heroes charity.

The show's current favourite Olly said: 'I'm a massive Michael Jackson fan so it's an absolute honour to be singing this, and the words relate so well to the kids at Great Ormond Street.

article-0-0737A53C000005DC-637_468x300.jpg Lighthearted: The judges were in high spirits this week

'Raising money for children worse off than us makes me really proud that we can make some kind of positive impact on their lives.'

The contestants visited the central London hospital last month to meet some of the children who are receiving treatment there.

John and Edward said: 'It meant such a lot to us to meet the children at Great Ormond Street. It was really great to get to chat to them.'

They said they hope the single 'will light up the faces of so many'.

Fellow finalist Lloyd Daniels said: 'Visiting the hospital was quite a big deal for me.

'I'd had kidney failure when I was younger, and I thought my pain was bad at the time, so it was quite emotional to see other kids receiving treatment.'

Jamie Archer added: 'It's really great that we've been able to use all the attention The X Factor has been getting and put it to good use.'

Tonight's show will also see the remaining seven finalists cut down to a final six.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1227898/Fruity-Calvin-Harris-thrown-X-Factor-storming-stage-Jedward-performance.html#ixzz0WvBtMYOY