✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The X Factor Thread

Kerry

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised Olly wasn't in the bottom two. I thought his performance was rather disappointing this week. I thought Lloyd did alright yesterday. I don't think his song choice helped him tonight though. He must have been very relieved when Jaime didn't do very well either. And why the hell does Luis tell us who he's gonna vote for BEFORE he's heard them sing? We'll he didn't but it was pretty obvious, wasn't it? I'm actually starting to dislike him a lot.

I'm surprised Olly wasn't in the bottom two. I thought his performance was rather disappointing this week. I thought Lloyd did alright yesterday. I don't think his song choice helped him tonight though. He must have been very relieved when Jaime didn't do very well either. And why the hell does Luis tell us who he's gonna vote for BEFORE he's heard them sing? We'll he didn't but it was pretty obvious, wasn't it? I'm actually starting to dislike him a lot.

I think "Oily" sounded a bit off-key at times. However, all he needs is to wiggle his hips and undo his shirt and he'll get through every week.:dozey:

He's probably the favourite.

If you ask me, Lloyd's voice is extremely weak, and I have no idea why he's still there (no doubt because of his "pretty face").

Louis is a two-faced "fake" and I reckon he's a bit of a nasty piece of work under that smarmy exterior of his. There's been evidence of this these past few weeks.;)

It's funny, I've been following this online since it doesn't play in Canada, and after watching the autitions the only people I watched are still there.

Where do you watch it?

I love hearing Joe sing though, he's fantastic for being so young. He's my favourite :D

He's actually got a better voice than either Oily or Lloyd, and should have a future in musical theatre. Don't see him as a "pop star" though.;)

Danyl's actually got the best voice of the lot.

I think "Oily" sounded a bit off-key at times. However, all he needs is to wiggle his hips and undo his shirt and he'll get through every week.:dozey:

He's probably the favourite.

If you ask me, Lloyd's voice is extremely weak, and I have no idea why he's still there (no doubt because of his "pretty face").

Louis is a two-faced "fake" and I reckon he's a bit of a nasty piece of work under that smarmy exterior of his. There's been evidence of this these past few weeks.;)

He's not even attractive! I just don't get it.

Lloyd isn't a great singer but I thought he did alright this week. Pretty good song choice on Saturday.

I know! He seems like a nice person but he really isn't. I don't like any of the judges apart from Cheryl. Dannii is extremely annoying at times.

He's not even attractive! I just don't get it.

All I'm saying is, he's got that "cute", fresh-faced look that all the teenies and grannies (and probably Louis) go for!!:lol:

That's why he's still in the competition, because he is a weak singer (much like Eoghan last year).

Lloyd isn't a great singer but I thought he did alright this week. Pretty good song choice on Saturday.

Well at times you can barely hear him, he's so quiet.:dozey:

I know! He seems like a nice person but he really isn't. I don't like any of the judges apart from Cheryl. Dannii is extremely annoying at times.

Cheryl's done her career a lot of good by joining the show.

As for Dannii, I thought she came across pretty well in the Piers Morgan interview.

Sharon Osbourne was the "nasty" one.;)

Nope but i can see why teenage girls like him.

Oh and I don't get why people compare Olly to Robbie. :confused:

Probably because he's a bit of a "jack-the-lad" like Robbie, and considers himself to be an entertainer too.

However, as I said, he's merely a poor imitation if that's the case.:dozey:

X Factor: John and Edward 'up for any challenge' after exiting show (perhaps they should give singing a wide berth, though)

• Jedward booted from show after shock vote off with Olly Murs last night

By Charlotte Spratt and Sara Nathan

Last updated at 10:42 AM on 23rd November 2009

They may have finally been given their marching orders, but tuneless twins John and Edward Grimes say they are 'up for any challenge' now their X Factor dream is over.

The twins - dubbed 'Jedward' - were booted off the show last night and said they will consider any offers before they decide what to do next.

But they may want to consider doing something other than singing, following widespread criticism of their poor vocals.

article-1230028-0753536A000005DC-899_468x330.jpg

X Factor twins John and Edward Grimes told GMTV today they are keeping their options open as far as future projects go following their exit from the show

article-1230028-07532BD9000005DC-951_468x528.jpg

The pair arrived at the GMTV studios in London this morning after being given the boot last night

They said they were currently concentrating on music, but have not ruled out a future career as television presenters.

The 18-year-olds, who were voted off after all three judges, apart from Louis Walsh, decided to save Olly Murs, told GMTV today: 'We'd like to do different things in future.

'Right now our main focus is the X Factor and music but we still want to pursue different things,' John said.

'You never know what's going to happen. It's about keeping doors open.'

article-1230028-075213DF000005DC-979_468x348.jpg Shock sing off: Show favourite Olly Murs was in the bottom two with the Dublin duo, who were voted off by all three judges apart from mentor Louis Walsh

article-1230028-075214A8000005DC-733_468x312.jpg Jedward were downcast to be voted out but said they hoped Stacey or Olly win

Asked if they fancied themselves as the next Ant and Dec, John said the duo were 'so cool'.

Asked if they would consider joining other reality shows, the pair said they would consider any offers which came their way.

The twins were asked if they would like to go to the jungle to replace Katie Price, aka model Jordan, who walked out of I'm A Celebrity Get Me... Out of Here! today.

More...

'Are we celebrities?' they asked.

The teenagers told presenter Lorraine Kelly they were both currently single.

'At the moment we don't have girlfriends,' John said. Edward added: 'We didn't want to be missing anyone.'

article-1230028-07521533000005DC-206_468x321.jpg Dannii Minogue was given the final say on whether to go to deadlock - and the public vote - or send Jedward home. She asked whether it was a singing competition and appeared to come to the conclusion that it was

Last night the pair dropped their usual stage antics for the sing-off with a subdued performance of No Matter What from the musical Whistle Down The Wind, which has also been covered by Boyzone.

In contrast, Murs, 25, who has been hotly tipped to win the show, arrived back on stage to give a note-perfect version of Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight.

The twins have been consistently knocked by Simon Cowell, who dubbed them 'vile little creatures' at the start of the series, and by viewers who set up anti-Jedward groups on Facebook.

But they won over fans for their sense of fun and huge stage productions, and even the judges began to admit that they were a guilty pleasure.

The 18-year-olds, known for their spiky haircuts, have also become unlikely heart throbs among teenage girls.

article-1230028-0752152B000005DC-539_468x286.jpg Dannii, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell gave the twins a standing ovation for bringing the entertainment factor to the show

But up against Olly Murs, 26, the terrible twosome were finally at the end of the road last night.

Olly's mentor Simon Cowell told them: 'Boys, if you do go tonight, I'm actually going to miss you.

'But obviously I'm going to stick with my artist for the right reasons.'

Cheryl echoed his thoughts, saying: 'Boys, I've really loved you over the past few weeks and big kisses... but the act I'm going to send home is John and Edward.'

Louis Walsh, who mentors the twins, said he could not believe that Olly was in the final two, while Lloyd Daniels stayed in. But he backed his boys and voted out Olly.

The decision was left to Dannii Minogue who asked: 'Is it a singing competition that we're voting on?'

article-1230028-07521358000005DC-294_468x443.jpg Show favourite: Olly Murs was in the bottom two, to the shock of the judges. He performed Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton in the sing-off

Dannii was clearly making a point about two of her obviously talented acts Rachel Adedeji and Lucie Jones were voted off the programme after losing sing-offs to Lloyd Daniels and Jedward respectively.

She repeated the question and appeared to be directing it at Simon Cowell. She added: 'Because I need the answer to that to make a decision'.

Dannii then said: 'I'm going to have to judge it the way I have all the way through. Again, we'll miss you guys. But on the premise that it's a singing competition, I have to send home John and Edward.'

Host Dermot O'Leary had to ask the audience to stop booing the twins, who were then given a standing ovation by the judges.

John said: 'It's been crazy. But Olly deserved to go through. I hope Olly and Stacey go all the way. It has been the greatest experience of our lives.

Edward added: 'It has been deadly. It's so cool.'

article-1230028-07510799000005DC-89_224x456.jpg

article-1230028-0751FF98000005DC-833_224x456.jpg

Susan Boyle (left) sang Wild Horses on the results show while Mariah Carey performed with a jewell-encrusted microphone and stand

His twin chimed in saying: 'It's probably the coolest place to be in the world.'

On the previous occasion the twins had finished in the bottom two a fortnight ago, he caused uproar after using his deciding vote to give them a reprieve by taking the result back to the public vote once more.

That meant that talented 19-year-old Lucie Jones lost out, much to the annoyance of the public. ITV received more than 3,000 complaints at the decision.

The twins have spent almost the entire series battling against a public backlash with more than 100,000 Facebook users signing up anti-Jedward groups.

Their departure has also polarised celebrities.

Peaches Geldof went on Twitter to urge her followers to vote for Jedward.

article-1230028-07520510000005DC-765_468x286.jpg

The finalists opened the show with Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

As they were voted off, she said: 'Jedward are out. I am now going to take a week out for mourning.I am in shock. It may be the end, but we witnessed something truly beautiful.'

She added: 'I'm crying over this. Great.'

Phillip Scofield twittered: ' Nice guys but this week they HAD to go, enough is enough.

'Thing is Jedward were on the wrong show, they should have been on Britains Got Talent where we love a good novelty act.'

Radio 1 Dj Nick Grimshaw tweeted: 'SAVE JEDWARD' just minutes after classical singer Katherine Jenkins said: 'It has to be Ollie that stays, right? x'

However, there was some good news for the twins last night, after 12 X Factor finalists' cover of Michael Jackson's You Are Not Alone went straight to the top of the singles chart.

Enlarge article-1230028-07531E88000005DC-81_224x399.jpg

Enlarge article-1230028-07531EF9000005DC-802_224x399.jpg

Smiling judges Cheryl and Dannii are driven home after last night's show

The charity record sold 193,000 copies last week, making it the second highest- selling single of the year so far.

Olly's shock appearance in the bottom two last night meant his odds of winning have widened.

Previously favourite to win, Olly is now joint second with Stacey Solomon with 5/2 odds while Joe McElderry is tipped to win with 13/8 odds by bookmakers Ladbrokes.

After landing in the sing-off twice in recent weeks, it is unsurprising Welsh teen Lloyd Daniels has 33/1 odds, while Danyl Johnson has 6/1.

Meanwhile last night's X Factor also saw Susan Boyle get a standing ovation for her first performance-on British TV since finding stardom on Britain's Got Talent.

Simon Cowell had soothed her nerves as she walked on stage, telling her: 'Do your best, give it everything. I feel so proud of you and it's lovely to have you here.'

article-1230028-075317F1000005DC-140_224x586.jpg

article-1230028-07531C84000005DC-187_224x586.jpg

Stacey Solomon and Joe McElderry, the only contestants who have never been in the bottom two, leave the X Factor studios last night

Dressed in a shimmering black dress, the Scottish spinster, 48, who sang her version of the Rolling Stones hit Wild Horses, replied: 'I feel great being back here, I feel at home.'

Afterwards she told host Dermot O'Leary her year had been 'terrific'. When asked to sum up her time since the show, she said 'Bloody fantastic' before laughing 'look out the public!'

Her album, I Dreamed A Dream, out today, is already the world's most pre-ordered album in history.

Also shown last night was a performance by Mariah Carey, who recorded her single last weekend.

article-1230028-075317F5000005DC-377_224x601.jpg

article-1230028-075317ED000005DC-63_224x601.jpg

A relieved Olly Murs and Danyl Johnson make their exit

article-1230028-07531D05000005DC-83_468x698.jpg Lloyd Daniels carried a banner in the shape of an X which he was given by fans

Singing her latest single, I Wanna Know What Love Is, she performed with a choir and had golden butterfly confetti rain down on the stage and audience at the end of the song.

She also had a jewel-encrusted microphone and stand.

As she finished the track, she told the audience: 'I love you thank you so much.'

She also joked about being nervous singing in front of Simon Cowell.

The show began with the finalists performing Wham!'s Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. she was accompanied by a grand piano and string section.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1230028/X-Factor-John-Edward-finally-bow-shock-vote-Olly-Murs.html#ixzz0XgClAOPt

I wasn't too impressed with Danyl's first performance, I don't think the song choice was very good. The second one was better though. Lloyd did alright but I think Louis was right (for once) when he said he's just not good enough to be in this competition now. I think he might survive for another weeks though. I hope Joe will win. He was by far the best this week (in my opinion anyway.) I hope Olli will have to leave this week. Can't stand him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Simon Cowell seals £100million deal for US X Factor

Simon Cowell seals £100million deal for US X Factor

• transparent.gif
  • transparent.gif

Exclusive by Mark Jefferies 12/01/2010

Simon Cowell yesterday sealed a s100million mega-deal to take X Factor to the US.

And Cheryl Cole is tipped to join the 50-year-old on the judging panel of his new show next year. Cowell made the shock announcement last night. He said: Im thrilled and excited about this.

He will quit American Idol after this series to concentrate on the US X Factor.

An insider said: This puts Simon up with the big boys. Now he has real money as well as real power. Fellow judge Louis Walsh insisted Cowells US show will be a roaring success.

He said: I am sure it will be massive. He knows TV better than anyone else and he has an instinct for what people want to watch. I am sure it will be a big hit.

Cowell told how he now plans to find the US Susan Boyle.

He added: Susan is probably the best example of why I like a show with an upper age range.

Advertisement - article continues below »

celebs_mputwo__300x250;sz=300x250;pos=;sect=news;psect=celebs;zone=celebs;templ=page;tile=4;ord=372891625?

Without a show like that, she wouldnt have been able to get a recording contract. With the US version were hoping to find the American version of Susan Boyle.

The Fox TV deal has catapulted Cowell into the entertainment super league. He stunned guests at a TV Critics Association event in Pasedena, California, when he announced his plans. Cowell told them: We reached an agreement at 10.30 this morning.

X Factor will launch in 2011 with me judging and producing the show.

So this will be my last season on American Idol.

The acid-tongued millionaire said he was offered a lot of money to stay on the US show but added: I wanted a new challenge.

Paula Abdul quit as an American Idol judge and there was speculation she could join the US X Factor.

Cowell said: I adore Paula. Whatever happens, I will be working with her in some capacity. Because I miss her.

• 1 month later...

Ever wondered what happened to Steve Brookstein?

'This is what happens when you fall out with Simon Cowell': Pubgoers pay £2.50 each to see X Factor winner Steve Brookstein play at their local

By Marcus Barnes

Last updated at 1:31 PM on 01st March 2010

He was set for the big time after he won the first series of the X Factor in 2004, but Steve Brookstein probably never anticipated that his victory would lead to a performance in a Cornwall pub.

Unlike his successors Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke, who have achieved global success and regularly play to huge arenas, the 41-year-old sang for a small crowd in the Caradon Don Inn near Liskeard, Cornwall.

Guests at the venue paid just £2.50 each to see Brookstein sing at the intimate gig, which was dubbed a sell out.

article-0-0880BB9D000005DC-229_468x455.jpg

Pub singer: X Factor winner Steve Brookstein performs for a crowd of 50 at the Caradon Inn in Cornwall

article-0-0880BE69000005DC-948_468x268.jpg

Sell out: Audience members paid £2.50 each to attend the gig - Brookstein claimed he earned more money from the performance than he did from Sony

And despite the small admission fee, the singer he made more money “singing in the pub than he did with Sony”.

More...

He told the crowd: 'Everyone wants me to look stupid by doing this gig but we’re having fun aren’t we?'

He was also heard to say: 'This is what happens when you fall out with Simon Cowell.'

article-0-0880BE6D000005DC-69_468x458.jpg

X Factor: The landlord of the Caradon Inn said he hoped attracting the likes of Steve Brookstein would tempt people to travel from London to visit his pub

Brookstein had a number one single and album following his X Factor victory, but he was swiftly dropped by the music mogul's Syco label.

Last December he explained: 'I just wanted to make good music - and not the pop schlop associated with Cowell. Unfortunately I was dropped because I wouldn't play the game.'

The singer performed a medley of jazz songs, his speciality, and had his two albums, Heart and Soul and 40,000 Things, on sale at the bar for £3 each.

article-0-0880BA91000005DC-710_468x378.jpg

Embarrassing: One unimpressed customer said they thought it was 'a bit sad' to see the singer performing and acting up in their local pub

But one unimpressed customer commented: 'Steve looked a lot older and has put on weight, he looked a bit like DJ Chris Moyles.

'He was acting really weird and moaning about the media and Simon Cowell.

'He looked like he was enjoying it but I’m not star struck – it was a bit embarrassing and a little bit sad.'

article-0-0269A86B0000044D-157_468x313.jpg

Winner: Steve Brookstein was the first ever contestant to claim victory on the X Factor - but he was dropped by Simon Cowell's Syco label

At the end of the show Steve joked to one of audience: 'You’ve had a good night, wasn’t this one, though, was it?'

Cliff Tucker, landlord of the Caradon Inn, said: 'We don’t get artists like this down here very often.

'I’m trying to bring people down from London to put the pub on the map.'

article-0-01E7DE3C0000044D-478_468x464.jpg

Potential: The singer performs on stage during the Top Of The Pops/BBC Radio 1 Christmas Party at Shepherds Bush Empire in 2004

Father-of-one Steve, who achieved six million votes final - the highest of any X Factor winner, is currently working on his wife Eileen Hunter’s first jazz album and his third LP project due to be released later this year.

The down-to-earth singer said: 'I’ve performed in everything from huge arenas to the smallest jazz clubs but it not really about that – I’m not a music snob in that sense. I’ve always had the ups and downs of the music industry.

'The X Factor was just something that happened – it is hard to say whether I regret it. But what I like now is that I can sit in a coffee shop with my wife and little boy without being recognised or hounded.'

Brookstein is scheduled to support disco group Shalamar with soul singer Kenny Thomas in April, and will also play at a night hosted by disgraced boxer Mike Tyson on March 17.