• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

WRECKS Factor?

Police called to X Factor hopefuls' drunken rampage at hotel

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 6:30 PM on 25th July 2010

X Factor hopefuls who made it through to the final stages of the competition celebrated by embarking on a drunken rampage in a hotel.

Police were called by worried staff when guests reported up to 20 singers smashing property and dancing naked in the car park.

Officers were called to the Premier Inn near the Fountain Studios in Wembley where the hit ITV show is filmed.

article-0-06261101000005DC-902_468x317.jpg Decisions: (From left) Judges Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole, Dannii Minogue and Simon Cowell watch contestants on last year's X Factor

The trouble flared when contestants - who are vying to win through to the 'judges' houses' stage - drank a cocktail of alcoholic drinks including vodka and cider.

A source at the North West London hotel told the News of the World: 'They were like wild animals.

'The police arrived in full riot gear because things were so extreme.

'It's hard to believe these people are serious about becoming the next Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke .'

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed its officers attended the £49-a-night hotel after trouble began on Thursday evening.

He said: 'Police were called at 1.27am on Friday to a disturbance at a hotel in Wembley.

article-1297470-0A3E5860000005DC-895_468x286.jpg Popular: Judge Louis Walsh arrives at the Dublin audition before the incident took place

'There were no arrests.'

A show source told the News of the World that bosses had agreed to pay for damage to a door, signs and pictures.

An X Factor spokesman said: 'We've spoken to the individuals concerned, who have apologised.'

The hopefuls had appeared before judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger who has replaced Cheryl Cole while the singer recovers from malaria.

article-0-0A8CB639000005DC-892_468x986.jpg Judge: Nicole Scherzinger leaves her London hotel on her way to appear on the X Factor where she has stepped in for sick Cheryl Cole

X Factor winner Joe McElderry reveals he is gay

X Factor winner Joe McElderry reveals he is gay

By Hannah Roberts

Last updated at 8:45 AM on 31st July 2010

article-0-07F15B0C000005DC-380_233x381.jpg Brave: Joe McElderry has decided to reveal the truth about his sexuality

X Factor winner Joe McElderry has revealed that he is gay, after hackers who broke into his account outed him on the internet.

The 19-year-old hit singer's sexuality was revealed as a joke on the social networking website Twitter, where it persuaded him to come out about his true feelings.

One message posted by the hackers read, 'It's been difficult living a lie for so many years...'

But after the initial shock subsided Geordie Joe felt encouraged to open up about his sexual orientation.

On his official website, he said: 'I have always been a very honest person and so it is important for me to continue to be honest.

'It has been the most amazing year so far and I feel so privileged. It’s also been a time of real self realisation and I feel as if I have grown up so much in these few months.

'There has been speculation about my sexuality in the past and I have always been honest at the time I have been asked.

'Over the past few weeks I have really had time to reflect and to realise who I am. I spoke to my friends and family about this in the last few days and it was important to do the same for you all as you have been so supportive.

'I have had nothing but support from you and many of you have been very open in saying that you will continue to support me whatever my sexuality. It is important to me to let you know first, so that you know the stories in the papers are true. I made the choice to speak openly about this.'

He added: 'Everything is going well and I’m really happy to be able to move forward from here.'

Joe says he was angry at the Twitter hackers at first but then looked at their message and thought 'Well, they're not that far from the truth.

article-1299124-083B9183000005DC-230_468x509.jpg Victorious: Joe with his mentor Cheryl Cole on The X Factor

'I think the Twitter thing was the point when I realised I was gay,' he told The Sun.

Joe who won The X Factor in 2009, with Cheryl Cole as his mentor, only disclosed his sexuality to his mother last week on a train journey from Newcastle to London.

'I'm feeling good about it, it's liberating. Now I can just get on with my life,' he said.

Joe, who had a girlfriend for three years while at school, says he has only begun thinking about his sexuality in the last few weeks.

'I thought "Actually, my feelings have changed - this is how I feel now." The penny has dropped,' he said.

He reveals he kissed a boy before going on the X Factor but says he never thought more about it until recently.

X factor boss Simon Cowell was one of the first to phone and offer his support after Joe broke the news to record chiefs at his label Syco earlier this week, Joe said.

article-0-0A935504000005DC-182_468x313.jpg

At work: Joe with U.S. record producer Dallas Austin working on his debut album

Joe, from South Shields in Tyneside, was the first X Factor winner since the competition began not to bag the Christmas No1 spot after an internet campaign for Rage Against the Machine.

His cover of Miley Cyrus's The Climb was beaten into the second slot by 50,000 sales ever in a backlash at the show's stranglehold on the chart.

The teenager beat Olly Murs and Stacey Solomon in the final, during which he sang with George Michael, to win a recording contract worth £1million.

His coming out echos original Pop Idol winner Will Young, who revealed he was gay after triumphing in the competition.

Joe has kept a low profile since winning the competition, sparking fears he could end up on the scrapheap like former winner Leon Jackson.

But he is working on his debut album and has recently been recording in the U.S. with top producer Dallas Austin.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1299124/X-Factor-winner-Joe-McElderry-reveals-gay.html#ixzz0vGnubz24

I Remember reading this in Liverpool, Ha my Friend will be gutted :laugh3:

EDIT

THIS IS MY 1000th POST :dance: :dance::D

:hat::hat::hat::hat::hat::hat::hat::hat::dance::daisy::smash::gossip::rolleyes4::uhoh2::singer::guitarist::drummer::clap:

Maybe the two of you should start a "cloth caps and ferrets" thread!:P

Yeah, Cloth Caps are all the rage round here :laugh3:, mostly with Old folks but still.

I Love how you can immediately tell if Someone is from Up North by what they say.

My Dad has to be the Proudest Yorkshireman n the World, he tells everyone about the farm and that We live In Wensleydale , Where the CHEESE is made .

and the time Leeds Got Promoted that was a Great Day :wacko:

Yeah, Cloth Caps are all the rage round here :laugh3:, mostly with Old folks but still.

And what about the ferrets? How many do you own?:P

I Love how you can immediately tell if Someone is from Up North by what they say.

My Dad has to be the Proudest Yorkshireman n the World, he tells everyone about the farm and that We live In Wensleydale , Where the CHEESE is made .

Their match is live on TV today.....................

And what about the ferrets? How many do you own?:P

Ferrets I Have only ever seen them in a Zoo, apparently they are very smelly.

Well I can't be bothered to watch football today, hope they win :P

I Have a Pet Sheep called Whitey, he's huge and I Won't let Dad sell it:P

Ferrets I Have only ever seen them in a Zoo, apparently they are very smelly.

Well I can't be bothered to watch football today, hope they win :P

I Have a Pet Sheep called Whitey, he's huge and I Won't let Dad sell it:P

I guess he's a black sheep, then?:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

X Factor 2010

Revealed, Cheryl’s collapse on TV (funny that the new X Factor starts tonight!)

By Sara Nathan and Liz Thomas

Last updated at 10:30 AM on 21st August 2010

She was so quiet during the auditions that it was obvious to the audience something was wrong.

Determined to carry on with the show, Cheryl Cole had taken her place on the X Factor judging panel and tried to ignore the pain she was experiencing.

But as these pictures - handily released just in time to publicise the start of the seventh series tonight - show, it soon all became too much for the star.

article-1304861-0ADC7155000005DC-915_634x322.jpg Exhausted: Cheryl Cole collapsed on the sofa during the filming of X-Factor

She found herself forced to rest her head on her hands before retiring backstage to the Green Room.

There she lay on a couch, wrapped up in a hooded jumper as she started to suffer from the high temperature, headache and shivers that signify malaria.

More...

Tasteless or not, this evening millions of ITV viewers will see these first images of Mrs Cole during the Cardiff round of auditions just hours before she collapsed at a photoshoot and was subsequently diagnosed with the tropical disease.

She is seen telling her fellow judges, Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and guest

judge, singer Pixie Lott: 'I don't feel well at all. I am definitely coming down with something.' Cowell asks her 'Are you ill?'

article-1304861-0ADD160A000005DC-973_634x353.jpg A tired Cheryl Cole keeps her head down during last year's filming of X Factor

Mrs Cole, 27, caught the disease while on a four-day break to Tanzania with her close friend, dancer Derek Hough.

She was forced to spend two weeks in hospital before recuperating at her £6million Surrey mansion.

The singer then flew to Los Angeles to continue her recovery, where she remains on holiday with Hough.

This week she spoke publicly for the first time about her battle with malaria, telling fans that she was 'raring' to get back to work.

article-1304861-0AD7DE6B000005DC-324_306x717.jpg

article-1304861-0865265C000005DC-907_306x717.jpg

On or Hough? Close friend Derek has been looking after ill Cheryl throughout her period of recovery in LA

She will make her comeback next month as she picks her finalists for the contest and said: 'I'm absolutely gutted I missed the last audition and the boot camp stage, but I am really excited and really looking forward to seeing what the other judges have chosen.

'I can't wait to get my category so I can get my teeth into it. I will be raring to go.'

The Daily Mail told how the brunette, whose divorce from her footballer husband Ashley Cole will be final by the time the live X Factor shows start in October, has been told to change her diet and reduce her hectic work schedule.

Doctors believe the Girls Aloud star has found it harder to get better because her immune system is extremely weak.

She had worked herself to the bone during a gruelling music tour at the same time as filming X Factor auditions - and at times had found it hard to have a proper meal during the day, instead relying on sweets and Coke for an energy boost.

article-1304861-0AD904C7000005DC-826_634x496.jpg The new series of The X Factor begins at 7.30pm on Saturday on ITV1

And Simon Cowell is still keen to ensure that Mrs Cole does not overdo things. An X Factor source said: 'Simon has told Cheryl that her health is of the utmost importance.

They have a long stint on this show as it runs up until Christmas and he wants her to be well and look after herself.'

Mrs Cole split from her cheating husband in February after a tumultuous three-and-a-half-year marriage.

After enduring more than a week of humiliating revelations about the Chelsea defender's serial betrayals, the X Factor judge finally declared their union was over.

Cole's cheating was exposed when it was revealed that explicit pictures of him had been sent from his phone to Page Three girl Sonia Wild.