✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

best drummer ever?

Jacob

I'd have to say Jimmy Chamberlain, my band needs a drummer right now, and it would be a dream if Jimmy were to be in it haha. This man is awesome, I really like his drumming on the song Tonight, Tonight, he is insane at what he does.

who's your fave drummer and why?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Boham - Led Zeppelin (classic and perfect)

Neil Peart - Rush (because Rush is Neil Peart and I´ve not seen anyone recently that can play like Neil)

Charlie Watts - Rolling Stones (because he´s the coolest drummer ever)

ah...i think it's impossible to say the best drummer ever...there's so many drummers and different styles..

But i think it's all down to personal taste

my favourite drummer is Stuart Cable (stereophonics) :lol: :lol:

I'd have to say Jimmy Chamberlain, my band needs a drummer right now, and it would be a dream if Jimmy were to be in it haha. This man is awesome, I really like his drumming on the song Tonight, Tonight, he is insane at what he does.

who's your fave drummer and why?

i love that song :)

and yay for stuart cable! :o :lol: :lol:

The best:

Led Zeppelin dude

Keith Moon

Jimmy Chamberlin

Lars Ulrich

Personal Favourite:

The guy from The Walkmen

Yeah, check that dude out.

Oh and Travis Barker is a new breed of great drummer.

Travis Barker - Blink 182

Stewart Copeland - Police

Vinnie Colaiuta - Frank Zappa

John French - Captain Beefheart

Tim 'Herb' Alexander - Primus

Danny Carey - Tool

The Drummer From Slipknot, i can't remember his name.

the only bands up there i like are Frank Zappa & The Police, and i can sometimes stand a bit of Primus, the rest, i don't really like. But, I think those are some of the well known good drummers that are well respected for being great drummers. But there are unheard of drummers who are equally as good, you can just search the internet for clips and you'll find them. One of my favourite drummers at the minute, is from a band called Cinematic Orchestra, not just because he's good at all technical things...but i like his ideas he puts in. he's really tasteful, and adds a lot to the song or performance, which is what i think being a musician is about...in my small mans opinion :bucktooth:

Keith Moon wasn't a great drummer' date=' in my opinoin, not at all :/[/quote']

Neither do I. I think that due to the huge amount of popularity the stones have and had made everyone view him as an amazing drummer, not to say he was bad but I just don't see him as being as brilliant as he's made out to be :)

^^ yeah same here. i'm not saying he's bad at all, just...well what wrote :blush:

Ringo Starr on the other hand...while he was not Technically brilliant, his drum beats and drum fills make my Grin like this :D , coz i just like them..