✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

Yeah, they are absolutely life changing. I sound so cliche saying that but its true. I saw them in concert for the first time this week and they took me to a place I really didn't know existed.

Thanks for the Carson Daly reminder. I've been waiting all week to see it. I know they are going to play the first song on their new album (), entitled Vaka.

Thanks for the welcome!:) You guys have a great board!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigur are indeed amazing - I first saw them in Newport Wales, supporting Radiohead and they seemed stifled life (more like shit scared by opening for Radiohead i thingk), but i think their albums are awesome - kinda like the ideal soundtrack to the most important images in life - they are extremely talented :)

Re: Sigur Ros

Hello! I'm new and I was just wondering if there were any Coldplay fans out there who like Sigur Ros as well?

I love Sigur Ros so much that I'm gonna my first child "Oh Hlither Nee", hehe. That's how I transliterate one of his lovely cooings... I think I may have said this before, but no one's listening anyway: "Sigur Ros is what my insides sound like..." I love anyone of you out there who's cried hot steamy tears to their new album, ()...

Ný Batterí

Heftur Með Gaddavír Í Kjaftinum Sem Blæðir Mig

Læstur Er Lokaður Inn Í Búri

Dýr Nakinn Ber Á Mig

Og Bankar Upp Á Frelsari

Ótaminn Setur Í Ný Batterí

Og Hleður Á Ný

Og Hleður Á Ný

Og Hleður Á Ný

Og Hleður Á Ný

Við Tætum Tryllt Af Stað

Út Í Óvissuna

Þar Til Að Við Rústum Öllu Og Reisum Aftur

Aftur Á Ný

Aftur Á Ný

Aftur Á Ný

Aftur Á Bak Þar Sem Við Ríðum

Aftur Með Gaddavír

Í Kjaftinum Sem Rífur Upp Gamalt Gróið Sár

Er Orðinn Ryðguð Sál

Rafmagnið Búið

Mig Langar Að Skera

Og Rista Sjálfan Mig Á Hol

En Þori Það Ekki

Frekar Slekk Ég Á Mér

Aleinn Á Ný

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ya.. moi is new here. However, I've always given this place a look-c... just haven't posted, but that shall change! hehe :)

Anywho, I HEART COLDPLAY... and I just want to add... me also likey SIGUR ROS... I too also listen to em before I go to bedders.

I heard a journalist call em... THE bastard offspring of ENYA and RADIOHEAD.. hehe.. that made me laugh, but I also think their brillant.

But COLDPLAY is where th heart is. :)

Sigur Ros! I was going to start this thread, lol...

They're absolutely incredible... i saw them live in March with a string quartet... it was amazing... They closed with my favorite song "Track 8."

( ) - is currently my favorite album. I'm normally a mellow person, but mellowing out to this album is pure ecstacy.

I listen to them with my huge headphones laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling. Its bliss...

I sometimes listen to them on the road, but thats dangerous, because I end up not paying attention to my driving...

Listening to them is not just something i can do easily, I have to prepare for it. No background noises. No interruptions. Just me and the music. Thats the only way I'll have it. No other band does that for me.

how do you listen to Sigur Ros?

Well, their songs have that feel to them that just leave me to feel breathless almost, like "overwhelming majesty and despair," as I heard someone call it.

I usually listen to them before I go to sleep because it's very calming to me and their music simply touch my soul - breathtaking!

• 1 month later...