✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

how do they release a better album than a.r.o.b.t.t.h.?

mburn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna agree with most of you in saying that AROBTTH can be beaten - although it's not really a case of that. The guys just seem to always come out with incredible songs. I think now they've got a really strong foundation of fans (who love them, oh yes we do!) and they've proved critics wrong by making a genius second album to follow parachutes, they can just experiment with their sound. They can make beautiful delicate songs like The Scientist, and Gravity, and up-tempo lively ones like Marianne and 1.36 at the same time! The world's their oyster! :)

Hey Coldplayers ;-)

I think Coldplay are going to make a really awsome third album....which will overtake all the effetcs from the first two!!! :-)Perhaps a mixture of some b-sides and very new songs on one album would also be great??! I'm even sure that they will make more than three albums....I REALLY HOPE SO. I also hope that I get the chance to see them live one day, too. I also wouldn't mind travelling because I love travelling, especially for Coldplay :lol: :D :P :wink3: Now, I also earn my own money and so I wouldn't have soo much problems, I think.

I want to meet you all, too.

Keep on coldplaying ;-)

Luv ya

Hey Coldplayers ;-)

I think Coldplay are going to make a really awsome third album....which will overtake all the effetcs from the first two!!! :-)Perhaps a mixture of some b-sides and very new songs on one album would also be great??! I'm even sure that they will make more than three albums....I REALLY HOPE SO. I also hope that I get the chance to see them live one day, too. I also wouldn't mind travelling because I love travelling, especially for Coldplay :lol: :D :P :wink3: Now, I also earn my own money and so I wouldn't have soo much problems, I think.

I want to meet you all, too.

Keep on coldplaying ;-)

Luv ya

*huggles* :D

• 4 weeks later...

come on guys lets be honest with ourselves, coldplay have reached their peak with arobtth. Anything else they produce will either be not as good, or completly differnt sound whci wont be them. I really do feel sorry for them for having 3asd (third album syndrome difficulty) but they just wont make a better album. AMen

• 1 month later...

They could easily make a better album then A.R.O.B.T.T.H, it's not like it's the greatest album of all time, cos it isn't. I think that if they made some new songs like past b-sides they have(more up beat, think "Crest Of Waves" or "I ran away"), and put them on their new album, it would be an AMAZING album, maybe even..better. But we're all going to have to wait and see, but honestly..even if their new album isn't more up beat, it won't really matter because whatever they put on the album, I'll probably like anyway, just because I like their slow stuff and their up beat stuff! I bet Coldplay's next album is gunna rock ass :D

Its not a matter of 'beating' it. Its just a matter of making really brilliant songs. If a band can keep doing that then they will keep being listened too. Its like Radiohead, probably none of their recent albums beat ok computer as an album but the songs are still amazing and also coz they are continually growing as a band they'll keep being listened to.

Anyway aside from that I think they can beat Rush of Blood, because they are begining to try different types of approaches so have more room for experimentation - something like 1:36 would not have been written from parachutes era, and just their punked up version of Trouble they show off at a soundcheck on live 2003 shows they have a different side to them that we've hardly glimpsed yet.

Remember that the songs on Be Here Now were excellent... the problem was just that they were so coked up when they were mixing the stuff that they produced an endless, painful to listen to album. 12 songs for 72 minutes, with one being short coda... ack!

Coldplay, best I can tell, is not heavily into drugs. The only worry is that Chris' newfound love will make him a giant sap (as seems highly possible from the new songs on the tour), but as long as there is diversity in the material (ie, this doesn't become the I Love Gwyneth album), they should be fine.

Chris

Looking forward to Solid Ground done with full orchestra like Chris promised

They've said it themselves... Noel said somewhere that he can't stand to listen to that album now because he fucked it up so badly. Coke apparently makes you really confident, so you believe everything you do is great, even when it's a disaster.

Noel gave it up after getting some serious night tremors (which is what the song Gas Panic is about), and so now they're only alcoholics, as opposed to that and coke heads. That's probably why the last album was the best thing they've done since Morning Glory....

Chris