✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps because Ellen Page is also in Inception?

I mean, I was desperate for a Joseph Gordon-Levitt movie after I saw it.

I didn't know that heh for me it was just because I saw Youth In Revolt and then I saw Juno in the library and decided to watch it.

Interview With The Vampire. 8.5/10

nice movie, i specially liked the way Tom Cruise is in that movie.

No doubt a zillion times better than he is in "Knight and Day", then............... :dozey:

Perhaps because Ellen Page is also in Inception?

I mean, I was desperate for a Joseph Gordon-Levitt movie after I saw it.

Aha! Then maybe that explains it!:D

No doubt a zillion times better than he is in "Knight and Day", then............... :dozey:

i didn't watch that movie, i'm not inspired to watch it, i don't like such movies.

and if you say that it was not that good, then it reinforces my choice. :rolleyes:

between, it is 'Night and Day', isn't it?!

i didn't watch that movie, i'm not inspired to watch it, i don't like such movies.

and if you say that it was not that good, then it reinforces my choice. :rolleyes:

Correct, because I'm a movie buff!:P

between, it is 'Night and Day', isn't it?!

No, because they're the names of the two characters, Knight and Day.;)

Knight and Day is a movie that proves stronger in concept than it does in execution. What is intended to be a mega-wattage star vehicle, a throwback to the golden days of glossy Hollywood power, also serves as a sign of the times: superstars may not be the drawcard they once were.

Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz are both versatile, likeable actors, proven to be capable of mainstream as well as indie (Magnolia and Being John Malkovich, for example). Here, however, their double-act can’t help but draw attention to the broadest strokes of their celebrity lives.

Even if we buy into it anyway – the fun of the movie is supposed to be that these actors are so huge off-screen – when so much of Knight and Day places its eggs in the star-value basket, there really isn’t anything else of worth. Nobody involved has bothered to make a story/concept that stands out from anything else.

The movie is a slick, easy watch. The budget is big; the globe is trotted. But sadly, whilst I’ve enjoyed the last few films from director James Mangold (Walk the Line, 3:10 to Yuma), this could have been made by anyone. The spy-caper story is as forgettable as they come and the jokes are pretty forced.

The question Hollywood will be asking itself right now is: how could something so massive prove so inconsequential?