✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE **I LOVE HARRY POTTER** THREAD

badlydrawngirl

YAY, Harry Potter! :dance:

Favorite book: Deathly Hallows/Prisoner of Azkaban

Favorite movie: Goblet of Fire

:dance:

I'm not sure I could pick a favorite book, since it all seems like one story...but the time travel stuff in Prisoner of Azkaban is fun. :D

Why does everyone like the Goblet of Fire movie so much, though? I couldn't believe how much stuff they cut out of it! They skipped the entire Quidditch match! :veryangry: :P

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am absolutly addicted to Harry Potter. I've read the books 1-4 multiple times. And I mean MULTIPLE. Meaning at least 6 times. Each. Or more. I've read the first two 9 times. That was when I had more time on my hands :lol:

I kind of want to re-read the whole series in order. It's so interesting because you realize all the planning that was put into them and how things that seem insignificant early on are important...

I am absolutly addicted to Harry Potter. I've read the books 1-4 multiple times. And I mean MULTIPLE. Meaning at least 6 times. Each. Or more. I've read the first two 9 times. That was when I had more time on my hands :lol:

I kind of want to re-read the whole series in order. It's so interesting because you realize all the planning that was put into them and how things that seem insignificant early on are important...

and every little thing Snape does seems to become HUGE when you re-read them

and every little thing Snape does seems to become HUGE when you re-read them

OMG! I know! I just finished rereading the Order of the Phoenix, and I paid so so much attention to all the details in the Occlumency lessons... now that I know Snape's true story, it's so weird to see him portrayed as a bad guy. :P

OMG! I know! I just finished rereading the Order of the Phoenix, and I paid so so much attention to all the details in the Occlumency lessons... now that I know Snape's true story, it's so weird to see him portrayed as a bad guy. :P

so true.

Who else absolutely hated his guts so much after Half-Blood Prince and found it hard to forgive him in Deathly Hallows?

so true.

Who else absolutely hated his guts so much after Half-Blood Prince and found it hard to forgive him in Deathly Hallows?

Oh, I totally did. After the Half Blood Prince, my mom kept saying "I bet Dumbledore told Snape to kill him, I bet Snape is actually on the good side". But I never believed her until I found out. :P

Oh, I totally did. After the Half Blood Prince, my mom kept saying "I bet Dumbledore told Snape to kill him, I bet Snape is actually on the good side". But I never believed her until I found out. :P

Yea, I actually wanted to cry when Dumbledore died, but Im just too manly to cry.

I wanted to cry when Dumbledore died...I was just really sad and my eyes were kind of wet.

Strangly I cried when one of the Weasley twins lost his ear..and was incredibly sad at the end. Maybe it's because I'm a twin or something.... I was really upset lol

I wanted to cry when Dumbledore died...I was just really sad and my eyes were kind of wet.

Strangly I cried when one of the Weasley twins lost his ear..and was incredibly sad at the end. Maybe it's because I'm a twin or something.... I was really upset lol

Haha, I cried in that whole little section: When Mad-Eye and Hedwig got killed, and when George lost his ear. :P

And then I didn't cry, but instead went completely crazy, when she killed off poor Fred. :bigcry:

When Dumbledore died, I was so depressed for days after. I felt like my grandfather died or something.

Exactly the same with me. It was so depressing I actually felt like I'd lost someone close to me.

I mostly wanted to cry though after finishing Deathly Hollows, I was so depressed

Exactly the same with me. It was so depressing I actually felt like I'd lost someone close to me.

I mostly wanted to cry though after finishing Deathly Hollows, I was so depressed

Oh god, it was terrible. I don't know whether the fact that it was all over was the worst, or the fact that Tonks, Lupin, and Fred were dead was the worst... but both of those combined just made it awful. I cried randomly for such a long time, whenever someone mentioned Harry Potter.

Oh god, it was terrible. I don't know whether the fact that it was all over was the worst, or the fact that Tonks, Lupin, and Fred were dead was the worst... but both of those combined just made it awful. I cried randomly for such a long time, whenever someone mentioned Harry Potter.

Once again, I never cried, but I wanted to. It was such a sad time. Im probably gonna cry at the end of the Deathly Hallows movie too, mostly cuz that might be the last ever Emma Watson movie:bigcry:

Once again, I never cried, but I wanted to. It was such a sad time. Im probably gonna cry at the end of the Deathly Hallows movie too, mostly cuz that might be the last ever Emma Watson movie:bigcry:

I know... last summer sucked, and yet was equally amazing, just because of Harry Potter. :D

Haha, you're pathetic. :rolleyes:

I know... last summer sucked, and yet was equally amazing, just because of Harry Potter. :D

Haha, you're pathetic. :rolleyes:

:laugh3:

But seriously, that thought is very depressing. What will I do without my Emma?

I guess Ill just come to talk to the other Emmas!:P

Not a bad idea. :smug:

:D

But in all seriousness I miss those books. I used to read constantly when I was a kid, then stopped almost entirely for like 5 years. About 8 months after seeing Order of the Phoenix in theaters (won movie tickets) I decided to read the book, which I had read the first chapter of like 20 times but never got farther. Then I just sped by the rest of the books and they got me into reading again, but nothing since has been nearly as good.:cry:

:D

But in all seriousness I miss those books. I used to read constantly when I was a kid, then stopped almost entirely for like 5 years. About 8 months after seeing Order of the Phoenix in theaters (won movie tickets) I decided to read the book, which I had read the first chapter of like 20 times but never got farther. Then I just sped by the rest of the books and they got me into reading again, but nothing since has been nearly as good.:cry:

I know, I miss them so much. That's why I find myself rereading them so much... I'm rereading the Deathly Hallows right now, and I'm nearly done, which is almost as depressing as when I finished it for the first time. They're like, the BEST books ever written... seriously. JK Rowling has so much talent; it's absolutely unbelievable! :stunned:

I know, I miss them so much. That's why I find myself rereading them so much... I'm rereading the Deathly Hallows right now, and I'm nearly done, which is almost as depressing as when I finished it for the first time. They're like, the BEST books ever written... seriously. JK Rowling has so much talent; it's absolutely unbelievable! :stunned:

I know. Im gonna re-read them soon, but my mom has the first one with her right now, so Im waiting to get it back.

Do you like her as a person? While I love her books, something about her personality just rubs me the wrong way...

I know. Im gonna re-read them soon, but my mom has the first one with her right now, so Im waiting to get it back.

Do you like her as a person? While I love her books, something about her personality just rubs me the wrong way...

I don't know... I'm not all that sure about her as a person. I obviously don't know her very well, and I've only seen her in a few interviews... but I don't especially love her.

She is a brilliant writer, though! :wacky:

I don't know... I'm not all that sure about her as a person. I obviously don't know her very well, and I've only seen her in a few interviews... but I don't especially love her.

She is a brilliant writer, though! :wacky:

True true, I hope someday to be able to write novels as good as hers