✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE **I LOVE HARRY POTTER** THREAD

badlydrawngirl

How many times has everyone read the books?

I recall reading the first four at least two times (goblet of fire three times I believe), and I remember rereading the sixth before deathly hallows came out.

I consider myself one of the fortunate few who were 9 or 10 when they started reading the books. Looking back, the first few books really weren't written that well, but you didn't mind because you very young at the time. And as I grew older the quality of the writing and the matureness of the content grew at the same rate as I did. Since there were large gaps between the last few books I was at around harry's age throughout the series, especially for the last couple books. I feel sorry for kids who read at the books at once because they don't have the same affect. You're supposed to grow with the characters...If I ever have kids I'll introduce them to harry potter when they are 10, and then try to hold them off the next for a full year.

I was 10 - 11 when I started reading it. And I remember that when I started with the first book I was like: "What stupid thing is this?" Lots of owls somewhere in England. And I stopped. Then my cousin said to me that have to finish it and I did. I was summer, didnt have lot to thing to do. And when I finished it I couldnt wait fro number 2, and #3, the 4 then 5, 6 and finally 7. I miss Potter.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 10 - 11 when I started reading it. And I remember that when I started with the first book I was like: "What stupid thing is this?" Lots of owls somewhere in England. And I stopped. Then my cousin said to me that have to finish it and I did. I was summer, didnt have lot to thing to do. And when I finished it I couldnt wait fro number 2, and #3, the 4 then 5, 6 and finally 7. I miss Potter.

I was about the same age when I started reading them. The first book was required reading when I was in sixth grade. My younger cousin had started reading them earlier but I didn't think I was going to enjoy a 'kid' book. After finishing it I coudn't wait to get my hands on the rest of the books. I miss Potter too, I'm hoping that the 6th movie will be better than the 5th

I was about the same age when I started reading them. The first book was required reading when I was in sixth grade. My younger cousin had started reading them earlier but I didn't think I was going to enjoy a 'kid' book. After finishing it I coudn't wait to get my hands on the rest of the books. I miss Potter too, I'm hoping that the 6th movie will be better than the 5th

I dont think its possible it could be worse than the 5th:rolleyes:

thumb_food_beverage_firewhiskey_astarte.jpg

Cheers! :cool:

Cheers!!:D

Did anyone like the 5th movie? :confused: I liked it. They couldn't have crammed everything into the movie, we'd be there all night. And it's the same director so I feel a lot of people who want the 6th movie to be 'better' are going to be disappointed.

I thought it was okay, I thought the battle scene between Dumbledore and Voldy was a little lame. They had this end of the world music blaring and it was just them tossing glass shards at each other.

I know they couldnt put everything in, but it was the longest book yet the shortest movie. They could have easily extended it a half hour to add in more details. I mean come on, no Ron Quidditch?

Well, Quidditch comes back in the 6th movie! :dance: I'm excited.

I think for the 5th movie they tried to focus more on Dumbledore's army and Harry's connection with Voldemort, so they had to cut all the minor details out. I was disappointed that the scene in the Department of Mysteries wasn't like the book though. :(

yeah, there was so much cool stuff. The huge battle with the Death Eaters sucked in the movie.

Random Question: Who else thought while reading the books that Hermione was indeed going to die and was freaking out in the 7th when she was being questioned by Bellatrix?

yeah, there was so much cool stuff. The huge battle with the Death Eaters sucked in the movie.

Random Question: Who else thought while reading the books that Hermione was indeed going to die and was freaking out in the 7th when she was being questioned by Bellatrix?

I was pretty convinced before reading DH that Hermione was going to die, so any action the trio faced I was freaking out about her dying.

I was definitely shocked by some of the deaths in the 7th. by the end of the book i think most of my favorite non-trio characters had died

I was pretty convinced before reading DH that Hermione was going to die, so any action the trio faced I was freaking out about her dying.

I was definitely shocked by some of the deaths in the 7th. by the end of the book i think most of my favorite non-trio characters had died

Yeah, I was so convinced she was going to die. I was absolutely freaking when Bellatrix was about to kill her. When they escaped I went back and re-read that chapter like 10 times to figure out how the hell she didnt get killed off.

I would have hurt someone if Hermione died. :bigcry: And that would have been horrible if she died before her and Ron got together. But it would have been interesting to see how Harry and Ron got on without her help and support.

They would have died. Theres no way they could have made it without her. Harry and Hermione almost died without Ron for a few days, and hes the stupid one. Without the smart one of the trio they couldnt have made it.

Ron's very helpful sometimes. JK said that he was the nice, kind one who held them all together, so it's no wonder they almost fell apart without him. But without Hermione, HP7 would not have had a happy ending. It didn't really have one anyway, but at least their all alive.

Yeah, and people kept complaining about the Lupins dying, but I think it's a cool twist that now there is another orphan wizard whose parents were killed by Voldemort and now harry is the Godfather like Sirius was to him.

Yeah, and people kept complaining about the Lupins dying, but I think it's a cool twist that now there is another orphan wizard whose parents were killed by Voldemort and now harry is the Godfather like Sirius was to him.

For the next 2 weeks after I read the book I was almost brought to tears thinking about the Lupin's death (try explaining that to your non-HP friends :rolleyes:), especially after JKR said that she killed them off instead of Mr. Weasely.

Lupin has been my favorite character since PoA, his death hit me the worse in DH, followed by Snapes after reading the chapter with his memories.

I didn't think the fifth movie was bad at all, in fact while goblet of fire is my favorite book, I thought they did a better job with the essential details of the main plot than in the fourth considering the size of the book. I also thought they did a brilliant job with umbridge, the way they played out her character made the film for me.

I read the 7th book in 2 days, during those 2 days all i did beside reading it was eating something really quick and go to the bathroom. I like to absorve emotions while i read a book, but that was too much man, c'mon, in every chapter there's someone dying (or almost)! The fact that Tonks and Lupin died after becoming parents was really sad, but wanna know who gave me the hardest time.......?

HEDWIG I WILL MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

HarryHedwig.jpg