✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE **I LOVE HARRY POTTER** THREAD

badlydrawngirl

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon, didn't you guys feel extremely sad for Hedwig? Well i have this thing of getting sadder with the death of animals than with the death of persons on fiction, but c'mon...it's our Hedwig folks... :(

I was in shock when Hedwig died. It still hasnt hit me!

I love wizard rock (I'm a huge dork), but I never heard of those guys. I saw Harry and the Potters and Draco and the Malfoys when they came to Philly a couple of years ago.

"Ministry of Magic" is relatively new; their first album came out about a year ago. They're great, though. :D

wow you were busy in potter thread.

Tomorrow Im starting DH for second time.

I finished HPB today and I cried again, when Dumbledor died.

Maybe I should read DH again, too...I've "only" read it once, after all. And school starts up again soon; I need to remind myself how to read books. :P

"Ministry of Magic" is relatively new; their first album came out about a year ago. They're great, though. :D

I never heard about that band.

But when we're talking about Ministry of Magic, today my dad asked me what will I do in my life and I said that Ill be Minister of Magic.

I would teach Transfiguration, its my favorite Hogwarts class

I dunno...Transfiguration is the one thing in HP that kinda freaks me out. I mean, no one ever finds it odd or upsetting that they keep taking live animals and turning them into inanimate objects, or making them vanish from existence. Hermione badgers everyone about elf rights but doesn't mind having to turn a rat into a goblet. It's actually pretty creepy. :\ What happens to something that gets Vanished, anyway?

THIS IS CRAZY!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Pushed to July 2009!

August 14, 2008

by Alex Billington

This is definitely an interesting bit of news. Warner Brothers has delayed the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince from Thanksgiving this year until July 17th next summer! The November 21st release date this year seemed like the perfect spot and there's no reason that it should've been moved. This might have something to do with the recent overflow of films at Warners. Or this might have to do with Warners' lack of a major summer film for 2009 so they're putting Harry Potter in the coveted Dark Knight slot. A mid-July release has obviously been proven successful and the film has a dark focus on Voldemort as the villain just like the Joker. Smart move? I really don't think so.

I was actually really looking forward to seeing this in November. It's quite unfortunate that we'll now have to wait another entire year, but I guess Warner Brothers is trying to capitalize on that $500 million mid-July date. Last year when Order of the Phoenix came out in July, it just didn't feel the same. Harry Potter has and will always be a November movie. I'm quite let down by this decision, but there's not much we can do besides wait. Here is Warner Brothers' COO Alan Horn's statement on the move: "Like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films, changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move Half-Blood Prince to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer."

THIS IS CRAZY!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Pushed to July 2009!

August 14, 2008

by Alex Billington

This is definitely an interesting bit of news. Warner Brothers has delayed the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince from Thanksgiving this year until July 17th next summer! The November 21st release date this year seemed like the perfect spot and there's no reason that it should've been moved. This might have something to do with the recent overflow of films at Warners. Or this might have to do with Warners' lack of a major summer film for 2009 so they're putting Harry Potter in the coveted Dark Knight slot. A mid-July release has obviously been proven successful and the film has a dark focus on Voldemort as the villain just like the Joker. Smart move? I really don't think so.

I was actually really looking forward to seeing this in November. It's quite unfortunate that we'll now have to wait another entire year, but I guess Warner Brothers is trying to capitalize on that $500 million mid-July date. Last year when Order of the Phoenix came out in July, it just didn't feel the same. Harry Potter has and will always be a November movie. I'm quite let down by this decision, but there's not much we can do besides wait. Here is Warner Brothers' COO Alan Horn's statement on the move: "Like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films, changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move Half-Blood Prince to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer."

WHAT!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I KNOW!!!!I can't believe it either!!!!F*cking Warner Bross.

Please only open this spoiler if you dont mind language.

Fucking Shit! This is what's so wrong with all these fucking movie companies! They dont give a shit about the fans!! They just want to make as much money as possible no matter how many fans they lose! Screw Warner Brothers! I may boycott this movie now, cuz any company that's evil enough to do this cant possibly make a movie worth seeing!:furious:

I love wizard rock (I'm a huge dork), but I never heard of those guys. I saw Harry and the Potters and Draco and the Malfoys when they came to Philly a couple of years ago.

Lol, I also must admit to being a secret wrock fan. Mainly bands like the the ministry of magic and the remus lupins.

and yeah WTF about the release!