✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE **I LOVE HARRY POTTER** THREAD

badlydrawngirl

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July 2009?!?!? :stunned: :confused: :dead:

If I didn't already have zero interest in any other movies likely to come out between now and then, I'd start a boycott or something. Curse these money-grubbing megacorps! :veryangry2:

Edit: There are already hundreds of angry comments on this at Mugglenet. I sense a riot coming. :dance:

But all of the trailers say THIS YEAR!!

It's the money. The original release date was on a friday, so I doubt that many [sane, responsible] people would show up at the midnight premier on thursday [hellooo, school night :P]. And with Harry Potter being a summer movie, more people will have time to see it. More people = more money.

*Edit* With all this waiting it better THE best movie out of the series. They're already having a hard time swaying me, I didn't really like the book. :dozey:

I think everyone is overreacting about this. When I first heard the news I was shocked and upset, I really love the series and was really looking forward to it, but the more I thought about it the less of a deal it became. With the writers strike Warner Brothers didn't have a big summer release, so they decided that Harry Potter needed to be it. Its just a change of date no big deal. Yes it means a lot more money for Warner Brothers but I still want the movie to be a success, I want them to put a lot of effort into Deathly Hallows, and if everyone boycotts they will probably think that people have lost interest which could mean less funds going towards the last two films. Anyway this was an excecutive decision and I'm sure that the people who actually work on the films really care about them and are not in it just for the money, they've put a lot of work into them and should be rewarded for it. Boycotting the films wouldn't just affect the excecutives.

hahaha.yeah :) A lot of fans have gone mad though..they have started creating groups on facebook and there are videos on youtube. It's fun...in a way.Nobody can do anything about WB though.

Still...in the spirit of Coldplay...Viva! VIVA! VIVA!!!

wtf? after waiting ages for an actual teaser trailer to come out, now they tell us to wait another year for the actual movie?! mannnnn....I love watching the Potter movies in November...this sucks. But I guess now I'll have time to reread the series before the movie comes out. :dozey:

I think everyone is overreacting about this. When I first heard the news I was shocked and upset, I really love the series and was really looking forward to it, but the more I thought about it the less of a deal it became. With the writers strike Warner Brothers didn't have a big summer release, so they decided that Harry Potter needed to be it. Its just a change of date no big deal. Yes it means a lot more money for Warner Brothers but I still want the movie to be a success, I want them to put a lot of effort into Deathly Hallows, and if everyone boycotts they will probably think that people have lost interest which could mean less funds going towards the last two films. Anyway this was an excecutive decision and I'm sure that the people who actually work on the films really care about them and are not in it just for the money, they've put a lot of work into them and should be rewarded for it. Boycotting the films wouldn't just affect the excecutives.

It's just a date change, yeah, but at a bad time...it was supposed to be 3-4 months away and now suddenly it's 11+ months away. :dozey: And from what they said about it, it would have been easy to have it ready to go by November; the date change was just for the money. Most likely, hardly anything will get done to it over the extra 8 months.

Boycotting probably wouldn't do a thing to the executives, and anyway I pretty much boycott them already since I so rarely go to see movies. :P (I haven't seen Dark Knight, and never planned to. See if you can find someone else who can say that.) The online petitions being set up are pretty much hopeless, too...I've never heard of a web-petition actually doing anything.

But this is exactly why we need a riot!!!! :D

According to the reports I've read, the film production has been right on schedule, and is pretty much done. There was a quote from Alan Horn saying he had seen the film and that it was fabulous. I don't think they will be making any substantial changes during the extra time, if any at all.

Well, ignoring the HBP's delay, im great tkz :D not ignoring it, I WANNA KILL SOMEONE :evil:

how about u? :)

P.S. tkz for the request ;)

I know what you mean about the delay

:furious2:

But otherwise I'm doing just fine:lol:

So which was your favorite HP book and movie?