✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE **I LOVE HARRY POTTER** THREAD

badlydrawngirl

Well your opinion is refreshing lol.

I love snakes so it was sad to see Nagini meet her end( I named one of my Boas after her though)

And I seem to always prefer evil characters in general, I thought Voldemort was brilliant and I loved Bellatrix too, if I'm honest I kind of wanted him to beat Harry at the end:embarassed: I'm sure thats not a very popular point of view throughout the world though lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the Deathly Hallows this morning, having read most of yesterday all the way through to 5am, when I decided I needed a rest, just as Harry meets Dumbledore somewhere between life and death. I got up this morning and finally finished it. I starting reading the books sometime in June I think, and within a couple of months it's all over - very melodramatic I know, but in that short space of time I've grown so close to the characters and cared for them and wanted everything to be alright for them. My Mum bought the Philosopher's Stone for me about 7 years ago, but I was put off by the witches and wizards and thought it was far too childish for me, at the ripe old age of 13. My Mum read it and told me how good it was and said I should read it, but I never did. I wish I'd have read it while my Mum was alive because I would have been able to thank her for buying that book for me, I mean really thank for, for introducing me to that world and those characters.

I finished the Deathly Hallows this morning, having read most of yesterday all the way through to 5am, when I decided I needed a rest, just as Harry meets Dumbledore somewhere between life and death. I got up this morning and finally finished it. I starting reading the books sometime in June I think, and within a couple of months it's all over - very melodramatic I know, but in that short space of time I've grown so close to the characters and cared for them and wanted everything to be alright for them. My Mum bought the Philosopher's Stone for me about 7 years ago, but I was put off by the witches and wizards and thought it was far too childish for me, at the ripe old age of 13. My Mum read it and told me how good it was and said I should read it, but I never did. I wish I'd have read it while my Mum was alive because I would have been able to thank her for buying that book for me, I mean really thank for, for introducing me to that world and those characters.

But now you have the opportunity to pay homage to her by reading it, i'm sure you will feel a lot closer to her and to all the characters when u finish it :):kiss:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah im glad they put memories, but I heard that there will be only three memories. the one that is n trailer, either the one where tom kills his father and grandparents or the one where he visits that lady who had elf, and the one harry took from Slughorn where they find out what Horcruxes are.

Im just reading HBP for third time. I have to remember everything so I could go and see the movie, which out in November/December.

I first read that book in like March and Im purposely not reading it again until after the movie in the hopes that some things I might forget and it will surprise me!

I cant wait for the movie, I really want to know how many important things they didnt put in. Like in Order of the Phoenix, more than half of the book isnt in the movie

Longest book, shortest movie

Ohhh I want to know what happening so I can enjoy in the way they did it. I know what will happen and then I see it, this way its all imagination. Ill imagine something my way and someone else on the other way, but on the screen we all see the same stuff. And I realize how close was I with my way.

I cried so hard when Snape died on the 7th book :cry:

I always knew he was one of the good guys :heart:

Sure you did:dozey:

Right after he sent Dumbledore off the tower and cut off George's ear Im sure you were thinking "Wow. What a great guy!":rolleyes:

How many times has everyone read the books?

I recall reading the first four at least two times (goblet of fire three times I believe), and I remember rereading the sixth before deathly hallows came out.

I consider myself one of the fortunate few who were 9 or 10 when they started reading the books. Looking back, the first few books really weren't written that well, but you didn't mind because you very young at the time. And as I grew older the quality of the writing and the matureness of the content grew at the same rate as I did. Since there were large gaps between the last few books I was at around harry's age throughout the series, especially for the last couple books. I feel sorry for kids who read at the books at once because they don't have the same affect. You're supposed to grow with the characters...If I ever have kids I'll introduce them to harry potter when they are 10, and then try to hold them off the next for a full year.

double post...

Another thought. Did anybody else here spend a lot of time on fanmade harry potter fansites, messageboards and rpgs? Those were the greatest sites ever, All on homestead or angelfire...I still remember someone's homemade recipe for butterbeer.

But when the first movie came out, everything changed. grassroots, kid made harry potter sites were replaced by corporate sites like warner bros., it sucked because after spending so much free time interacting with fans, taking sorting hat quizzes or following virtual quidditch leagues...those sites dissappeared to page 324 of the search engine. No matter how hard I searched I couldn't find those sites anymore.

I used to visit fansites a long time ago, but I only really cared about hearing news about the films and books so I never really interacted with other fans and just lurked basically. Then I found out about sites like leaky and stuck them.

To your previous post, I've read the first four about 5 times, and the last three maybe four times each.