✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

~*~ The Official Will Champion Appreciation Thread ~*~

Breakfast_of_CHAMPION

So I met Will tonight - for all of about 20 seconds :( The meet and greet I had waited so eagerly for month for was kind of a dud. The band was running really late, and it came down to grouping the winners for Cocktails with Coldplay in groups of about 15-20, and waiting for nearly 2 hours. Then we were led backstage, and the band came out, posed for a group pic with each group, and raced to get on stage. BUT, I was up against Will in the picture - literally up against him. I followed him from another group over to ours, and tried chatting for a few seconds. I told him how great I thought last night's show was, that this is the 4th time this tour that I've seen them, and he thanked me, and said he hoped I enjoyed tonight's show. I shook Chris' hand and my husband told me that Chris put his arm around him in the group shot. I was glued to Will and coultn't take my eyes off him to even notice where Jonny and Guy were in our group. Guy is just the cutest thing, and Jonny is darling, especially when he smiles. So 4 months of waiting for today to arrive, almost 3 hours of waiting to get in and to wait for this big "Cocktails with Coldplay" party, all for about 30 seconds with the band. But I was smooshed up against Will, so I am happy. They were very nice and apologized for having to rush through this, I'm sure they didn't have anything to do with scheduling, because it was so late. I managed to get in my good camera with zoom, and took over 250 pics, so I need to go through them and get some up to all you Will-luvers.

Ooh Diane:D, the story we've been all waiting for! I'm sorry it was such a short "meet&greet" though:\. I love that you went right for Will and smooshed yourself up next to him:thumbsup::lol:. It sucks it was so short, but look I'm jealous you got to be "right up next to him" and got to even say HI. That's more than I might ever do:bigcry:<jealous>hehehe And I looove all those pic you posted! (rightclick/save) Thanks for sharing!!!:nice:

Ooh Diane:D, the story we've been all waiting for! I'm sorry it was such a short "meet&greet" though:\. I love that you went right for Will and smooshed yourself up next to him:thumbsup::lol:. It sucks it was so short, but look I'm jealous you got to be "right up next to him" and got to even say HI. That's more than I might ever do:bigcry:<jealous>hehehe And I looove all those pic you posted! (rightclick/save) Thanks for sharing!!!:nice:

Aww, thank you. It was an amazing show, and we had very good seats. We were right on the aisle they used to get to C stage, and I got a bad pic of them starting to walk up. Believe it or not, they were *too close, I had my zoom lens, lol. Towards the end of the first encore, people started leaving so my husband got the bright idea to move to the front. We had wristbands from the meet and greet, and were in orchestra, so we just walked down the stairs like we belonged. First, we moved down about 10 rows, then my husband scoped out empty seats. We walked all the way up to the 2nd row and were standing kind of half in the aisle, then security said we had to go back to our seats. There were empty seats in row 3 right in front of Chris, so we acted like those were our seats.;) And stood there for the Scientist and LIT2. Jonny looked right at me, he's way better looking in person, not that he doesn't look good in pics, but in person, oh, those green eyes, and that smile... whew But Will, oh, Will. He is just so nice, listening to me ramble like the loser fangirl that I am...the 43 year old fangirl. Not quite how I wanted to meet him, but oh well. I was so nervous all day yesterday that I couldn't eat all day, lol.

I posted more pics in the live thread http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55695&page=14

And here is the link to my photobucket album. http://photobucket.com/lfdianne_coldplayJuly2009

On the way out, I stopped and talked with Brooke the roadie for a minute and stopped at the sound table and asked for a setlist, which they gave me. Got lots of butterflies, too. It truly was an awesome experience, but now I'm sad with the after-concert letdown, and knowing that they won't be back for awhile.

When you bring us presents, you're welcome any time!:P

DSC00190.jpg

:sweatdrop::bomb::heart:

I love VLV...to me, it's The Will Champion Song.:lol:

My favorite Will song is LIT2. The guy is a maniac on those drums. I am just mesmerized when I watch him. I wish someone had a video of just him on the drums, seems everyone always focuses on Chris, which is fine...but Will's drums :bomb::wacky::dead:

My favorite Will song is LIT2. The guy is a maniac on those drums. I am just mesmerized when I watch him. I wish someone had a video of just him on the drums, seems everyone always focuses on Chris, which is fine...but Will's drums :bomb::wacky::dead:

Well they need to move the damn drums up from the back!:angry: Then we could easily get great vids!:D(that's why I:heart:VLV)And I always focus on him regardless, though Chris can be a bit distracting;)...

My local radio station is now having a contest to win a signed gold record handed to you by the band:bomb: I could care less about the record...but even a few secs and pic with the guys!!!!:stunned::D(I'll follow your example, Dianne, if I win I'll glue myself to Will's side:lol:)

Well they need to move the damn drums up from the back!:angry: Then we could easily get great vids!:D(that's why I:heart:VLV)And I always focus on him regardless, though Chris can be a bit distracting;)...

My local radio station is now having a contest to win a signed gold record handed to you by the band:bomb: I could care less about the record...but even a few secs and pic with the guys!!!!:stunned::D(I'll follow your example, Dianne, if I win I'll glue myself to Will's side:lol:)

What radio station? where do you live???

Oh, and I got a text from my daughter's ex-boyfriend. He works at Verizon Amphitheater, and we saw him on Sunday. He unloads trucks, refills water, just general work backstage. He saw the guys walking around, but couldn't approach them. Anyway, he texted me that he cleaned out their dressing room and found some papers of theirs on the walls, so he's sending them to me. He said it was a schedule, but I don't know if that's a setlist or a schedule of their day. If I'd known he was cleaning out their dressing room, I would have told him exactly what to look for, and um, borrow? lol

^Wow that's cool! You know we'll take anything---a schedule, setlist, dry cleaning bill:laugh3:

I'm in NJ, the contest is for the All Points West festival Aug 2nd. Why, you wanna enter?:wink:(the winning caller at least gets tix to the show :P)

^Wow that's cool! You know we'll take anything---a schedule, setlist, dry cleaning bill:laugh3:

I'm in NJ, the contest is for the All Points West festival Aug 2nd. Why, you wanna enter?:wink:(the winning caller at least gets tix to the show :P)

Why not? I won tickets to meet them here, why not in NJ? I know it's a 3 day festival - when are they scheduled? And can I get to NJ from CA next weekend? I think I could manage it. lol

^^Excellent!!!Pick up EVERYTHING.Couch, table, trash ;)

I wish I'd known that he was going to have *that particular job. lol He had a long day, though, and said he left at 10pm, then was back at 9am to finish the clean-up and everything.

Hey all! Dallas was fantastic! :dance:

I almost got a high-five from Will when he was returning from the B-Stage, but he ended up just waving instead - it was still pretty cool! It was just nice to get recognition for my efforts, ha!

I was free to roam around the PIT so got different angles of pics. I got a few good Will pics and vids, so I'll post them when I get home and have a better internet connection. The security guard told me to stop filming at one point, so I had to do short clips incognito :sneaky:

Oh, I think I have Will drumming in LITii, I'll have to check!

Now I'm heading back to Houston for tonight's show :dance:

Oh, and I got a text from my daughter's ex-boyfriend. He works at Verizon Amphitheater, and we saw him on Sunday. He unloads trucks, refills water, just general work backstage. He saw the guys walking around, but couldn't approach them. Anyway, he texted me that he cleaned out their dressing room and found some papers of theirs on the walls, so he's sending them to me. He said it was a schedule, but I don't know if that's a setlist or a schedule of their day. If I'd known he was cleaning out their dressing room, I would have told him exactly what to look for, and um, borrow? lol

Hey Dianne! sorry you didnt get to spend much time with Will and the boys...can't wait to see the group pic of you mashed up to will hehe...it's cool you are getting stuff from their dressing room!!! :stunned::D and I looked at your pics on photobucket, they are great!!! thanks for sharing and it's easy to turn into crazy fangirl mode when will is around, it happened to me everytime :laugh3:

:curtain:

DSC00145.jpg

I'll be dropping by from time to time :D

:surprised:

Will is glowing!

:shocked2:yes take EVERYTHING from that dressing room! :dead:

Hey all! Dallas was fantastic! :dance:

I almost got a high-five from Will when he was returning from the B-Stage, but he ended up just waving instead - it was still pretty cool! It was just nice to get recognition for my efforts, ha!

I was free to roam around the PIT so got different angles of pics. I got a few good Will pics and vids, so I'll post them when I get home and have a better internet connection. The security guard told me to stop filming at one point, so I had to do short clips incognito :sneaky:

Oh, I think I have Will drumming in LITii, I'll have to check!

Now I'm heading back to Houston for tonight's show :dance:

Woo:dance: I was wondering when you'd pop in here with a report!:D Can't wait to see what pics/vids you get tonight!! And an almost-high five-wave is cool!!:D

labrat2001 thank you for the prezzies!:wacky:

I saw a twitpic someone posted in the thread for last night's show...some lady who met the band...Will looked H O T. My face looked like this::o when I saw it and I started giggling, always signs of a gooood Willpic hehe. But it didn't let me post on here!!???:inquisitive: