✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

~*~ The Official Will Champion Appreciation Thread ~*~

Breakfast_of_CHAMPION

I read a few pages back in this thread about Will not being appreciated much by the reviewers, but in the live review of Coldplay's concert at Richo Arena in Coventry on 29th May 2012 Will was praised a lot (and deservedly):

From the live review (about Will):

"I still cannot fathom how Will Champion has the energy not only to hit that drum consistently and in time throughout the song, but also hit the bell at the same time in the chorus, and then sing harmonies on top of that: literally astounding."

"'Us Against The World' is a lovely song, and anyone can relate to the message that is conveyed throughout. Chris sings the first verse and chorus by himself, then Will Champion appears on the piano and harmonising (is there nothing this man can't do?) Jonny Buckland appears on the rhythm guitar in the second chorus, and Guy Berryman comes in just after this. It is incredibly intimate and lovely."

Good to read the deserved praise of Will. :thumbsup: :will:

That's what I mean. Almost every review this tour has singled out Will for some type of praise. He's not the most underappriciated member by any means, If anything he's starting to eclipse Jonny as the most well known member behind Chris. Jonny and Guy never get this particular sort of press, but Will is getting it with increasing frequency.

I read a few pages back in this thread about Will not being appreciated much by the reviewers, but in the live review of Coldplay's concert at Richo Arena in Coventry on 29th May 2012 Will was praised a lot (and deservedly):

From the live review (about Will):

"I still cannot fathom how Will Champion has the energy not only to hit that drum consistently and in time throughout the song, but also hit the bell at the same time in the chorus, and then sing harmonies on top of that: literally astounding."

"'Us Against The World' is a lovely song, and anyone can relate to the message that is conveyed throughout. Chris sings the first verse and chorus by himself, then Will Champion appears on the piano and harmonising (is there nothing this man can't do?) Jonny Buckland appears on the rhythm guitar in the second chorus, and Guy Berryman comes in just after this. It is incredibly intimate and lovely."

Good to read the deserved praise of Will. :thumbsup: :will:

I was lucky enough to see this on Friday 1st June 2012, at Emirates Stadium. Unfortunately now though, He just wont leave my head, I liked him before... but now I'm in love ahaha!

Ok, here it is. I went through all of my Coldplay photos from the last 3 years, and pulled out the ones of Will. They are all here. Like it's been said, it's hard to get great shots of Will because he's usually in the back. Some of these are from farther back, most are from the front row of various concerts I've been to. Some are great, some are good, some are ok, and some well, aren't. LOL

Enjoy!

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t58/lfdianne/Will/?albumview=slideshow

That's so brilliant Dianne :heart:

Do You have it somewhere uploaded as a file?

AuUd0adCAAEnrRn.jpg

Oh I miss His Viva look. And His shirts giving us a good glimpse of His hairy chest : D

0.jpg

I have something special here also. My friends from London were seeing Coldplay and they made me this clips. The title says that Champion (me) loves Will. Lol. And they're actually shouting that towards Him plus that He's awesome. It's so lovely : )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQu2XQ2lFGA&feature=player_embedded]CHAMPION KOCHA WILLA - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6PDdKyfLA&feature=youtu.be

That's so brilliant Dianne :heart:

Do You have it somewhere uploaded as a file?

I have all his pics on photobucket.com in the link, as well on my computer. Is there another way I should upload them? They didn't upload very well, though, the ones I have on my computer are much better resolution...oh well...

I mean can you do a rar and upload it on a server? Just pack the pics into one rar file and send it on a site like speedy share or something so we could download it on our PCs :) Cause the pics are great.

I don't know how to do that.

I don't know how to do that.

If you don't have WinZip or WinRar, download the free trial...that never runs out,lol.;)\\Right-click on your folder of pics and you'll get a menu including an option to 'send to .rar. archive' or something like that.

The programme will zip the files into a package that you can upload to a site like mediafire, which will give you a link to share.

Hope that helps.:)\\`^Aw, Santa Will!:D

Back

Got VIP tickets thanks to Phil (and ofc Debs thankyou:D), got access to the friends and family room where we saw Guy, Jonny and Will mingling with, well, friends and family funnily enough. Didn't have the opportunity really to approach them as the room was dark, very quiet and they were busy anyway. And I was busy drinking free beer and wine. :drunk: I think Will's dad or someone was there, he was talking to an elderly couple. Jonny was with his brother who was also from Mold. How he clomps around in those big shoes all night heaven knows, he'd probably have an easier time wearing heels. Guy was with some younger people, no idea who they were though.

Saw nothing of Chris at all.

Spoke to Phil's PA Jessie who said he will come and have a chat with us.. once he's finished having his hair cut :lol:

Three beers later he appears about 45 mins before show time, we discussed the website and apparently Will is an avid follower of coldplaying.com :D the rest, not so much. Chris doesn't even read the media, so I doubt he ever comes on here. Also met Arlene* Moon, one of the management ladies, she comes on here and she wants her own thread on the forum, hint hint ;)

Phil mentioned that the band are going to try and get back to their roots on the next LP (or something along those lines, can't remember exactly what he said, unless Jen can). But he is aware of the feedback of the MX era, both good and bad. I told him you can't please everyone all of the time, especially on Coldplaying :lol:

He hinted that it may be a while before they're back again, so possibly no more UK shows on this tour? Who knows. He talked about the bakery and fans visiting there, the band are actually appreciative of it :)

More soon...

OH-MY-GOD

AHAHHAHAAHHA NO. YOU DIDN'T DO THIS.

Fuck, that's the reason why we get along so well :awesome:

I wonder if Will has an account on here :thinking:

Well surely He has.

In fact.

It could be even someone we know.

It could be someone here.

It could be you.

Or even me...

Lol, no.

I won a title of "The Best Will Champion Fan" during the last awards so... Will would be vain if he had this account :lol:

Besides, it's nice that He looks in here. Not sure if in this thread but still, it's awesome of Him. It's like having interest in you fans and that's great and kind :)

Geez, reading our posts must make us huge creeps :lol:

I will continue our greetings and say "Hi!" to Will too.

Although I want to tell Him many things because I owe that to Him I'll wait.

Maybe it's naive but I hope that someday I would be able to do this personally.

(I'm still playing concerts for reimbursements of travel expenses or a little cash sometimes, so it will have to wait maybe but I will get there :lol:)

^ I've said it before, but I really love how you type 'Him' with capital H's. :)

And I don't think it's naive to think you'll meet him some day.. it happens all the time at The Bakery. You never know :)

Glad You like it : )

It's just a thing I always do. The same with someone I love.

I also sometimes write You with the capital Y, because we write that way in Polish and I like it very much. I know it's not used in English or German but I just think it's nice to show respect to other person :)

Hm yeah I know. I'll maybe go to England if 'the other He' will go with me, so who knows maybe I'll visit The Bakery/The Beehive.

But I really dream that I our band will be very succesful one day and I will be able to greet Will as "equal" (well not equal 'cause He'll always be better, but you know what I mean).

Oh! And if Will may read this. Please, Mr., do a cover of something. Your voice is beautiful and we would love to hear You more. Really. I'm also very sad that there wasn't any DWNC in this tour but it was kind of replaced by UATW.

And a question to all of You. I think I know most of Coldplay songs. Maybe not all because that's impossible, but really a lot. Did they ever did a Radiohead cover? I think that would be the most epic thing ever especially with Will singing or Chris doing falsettos.

OH-MY-GOD

Hahaha, yup, I ran here as soon as I saw Ian's post.Well, folks, this thread isn't the one that worries me if Will peruses the forum. I'm trying to imagine the conversation between Will, Chris & Jonny about a certain other thread on here. ;)

*sits back and reflects on every LOLdplay I've ever made*:laugh3: