✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Garden State

Kenna

This movie was fuckin amazing. It can't be put into words, but one of my all time fav movies. I bet this movie will become a cult film. Its an independant movie...written, directed and starred by Zach Braff, the funny guy off the show Scrubs. Its about this guy, Andrew, who has been on depression medication since he was 10, and has been numb to pretty much everything in life. He leaves home to go to boarding school when he's like 16 and after starts his own life in LA. Then goes home for his mother's funeral 9 years later. Stays home for a few days and rediscovers things he missed. He finally becomes civil with his Father, finds true love (natalie portman was amazing in this) and visits with old friends. There's comedy in this too, which balances it out well. You continue to learn new things about him throughout the whole movie which makes you love him more. Its just a beautiful story, and great acting, amazing soundtrack, good filming, good comedy. I think everyone who has ever dealt with depression, or enjoy's a good, true feeling story should see this. There is so much truth to it. Its really beautiful...go see it.

uh oh! did I break a rule of making a thread that already exists? I didn't want to look around to see if someone made one already, and I don't really care. Does it matter? There can be 2. This movie deserves that. Thanks for the update.

this movie is incredible...all there is to it. I love absolutely everything about it. I thought it was perfect...get the soundtrack, its amazing. I wish everyone in the world would see it...maybe some people would understand depression a little better. It helped me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This movie was fuckin amazing. It can't be put into words, but one of my all time fav movies. I bet this movie will become a cult film. Its an independant movie...written, directed and starred by Zach Braff, the funny guy off the show Scrubs. Its about this guy, Andrew, who has been on depression medication since he was 10, and has been numb to pretty much everything in life. He leaves home to go to boarding school when he's like 16 and after starts his own life in LA. Then goes home for his mother's funeral 9 years later. Stays home for a few days and rediscovers things he missed. He finally becomes civil with his Father, finds true love (natalie portman was amazing in this) and visits with old friends. There's comedy in this too, which balances it out well. You continue to learn new things about him throughout the whole movie which makes you love him more. Its just a beautiful story, and great acting, amazing soundtrack, good filming, good comedy. I think everyone who has ever dealt with depression, or enjoy's a good, true feeling story should see this. There is so much truth to it. Its really beautiful...go see it.

wow that synopsis really makes me want to see it now! i might go next wednesday with someone special :blush: