✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windhaven, by George RR Martin and Lisa Tuttle. I was quite annoyed to see GRRM using the same tricks (I've read the published books of ASOIAF and some short stories by him). The first quarter of the book is also quite bland, but it's now getting more interesting. To be perfectly honest, I'm finishing it because it's not possible for me to not finish a book once I started.

^ That's verging on criminal, misus. The Hobbit is nowhere near as interesting as "A Storm Of Swords", imo, except maybe for that part where the dwarves deal with Smaug and a few mishaps in the forest of Mirkwood. I'm glad I read the book before the movie came out because I'd probably die of boredom reading it now.

Okay, I might be doing it injustice by saying it's utterly boring, but is it really a good idea to sweep through an enormous book like ASOS just because you're feeling impatient to read another book which you have been through a hundred times? Not to mention that ASOS is probably the most interesting part of ASOIAF and it would be such a shame to miss any of it. I do like Tolkien and value LOTR above any book of GRRM's but I wouldn't just ditch that book in question in order to re-read the Hobbit.