What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A Devil's Chaplain, by Richard Dawkins and The Gates, by Chuck Wachtel. It's the first time I'm reading a book by Dawkins and I'm enjoying it a lot, as I'm interested in scientific reasoning, how to spread knowledge and how to be aware of ideas that might be misled however widespread they are. Nevertheless, I find that Dawkins is a bit impolite at times; he could very well, I think, get his ideas across without phrasing them in an offensive way.

The Gates is also very eye-opening. To be perfectly honest, I saw it in the bargain shelves of a bookstore and it was cheap and big (I'm on a student-budget, but I also love reading and want to have my own library), so I had basically zero idea of what the book would be about, which turned out to be a very pleasant feeling.

Next up is Red Dragon, by Thomas Harris.

A Devil's Chaplain, by Richard Dawkins and The Gates, by Chuck Wachtel. It's the first time I'm reading a book by Dawkins and I'm enjoying it a lot, as I'm interested in scientific reasoning, how to spread knowledge and how to be aware of ideas that might be misled however widespread they are. Nevertheless, I find that Dawkins is a bit impolite at times; he could very well, I think, get his ideas across without phrasing them in an offensive way.

The Gates is also very eye-opening. To be perfectly honest, I saw it in the bargain shelves of a bookstore and it was cheap and big (I'm on a student-budget, but I also love reading and want to have my own library), so I had basically zero idea of what the book would be about, which turned out to be a very pleasant feeling.

Next up is Red Dragon, by Thomas Harris.

Go read Red Dragon! Haven't read it but watched a movie based on it, and the suspense is very thrilling :3 I guarantee that you'll enjoy it ;)

• 2 weeks later...
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - haven't finished it yet, but I can say its plot is interesting and grabbing. I'm sure that the end won't disappoint me. :)

This is the next book I'm planning to read! But right now, I'm reading like mainly all the teenagers: The Fault in our Stars by John Green. As overrated this book is, I liked it and left a few tears on the book.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - haven't finished it yet, but I can say its plot is interesting and grabbing. I'm sure that the end won't disappoint me. :)

To Kill A Mockingbird is one of tbe best books ever written. I am so upset that it's being taken out of our syllabus for GCSE. My younger peers won't be able to read it :(

I finished the book [To Kill a Mockingbird] today. It really touched me and I can with no doubt say that's one of the best books I've ever read. You know that feeling after reading a book - when you don't want the book to stop and you want to read more and more... I had the same feeling about To Kill a Mockingbird. And in order to make the good impresion last longer I'm gonna watch the movie which is said to be a classic! :)

I highly recommend this book! It's just some 2 hundred pages, not so much so you can read it whenever you can! It's worth it! :)

I finished the book [To Kill a Mockingbird] today. It really touched me and I can with no doubt say that's one of the best books I've ever read. You know that feeling after reading a book - when you don't want the book to stop and you want to read more and more... I had the same feeling about To Kill a Mockingbird. And in order to make the good impresion last longer I'm gonna watch the movie which is said to be a classic! :)

I highly recommend this book! It's just some 2 hundred pages, not so much so you can read it whenever you can! It's worth it! :)

Great! This is one of my favourite books too.

Farenheit 451

And so is this one. Hope you enjoy!

Red Dragon is quite the page-turner, but it isn't such a great literary piece of art; I have the same feeling as I had when I read ASOIAF - I keep reading because I want to know what happens (and also I don't know how not to finish a book even if I dislike it), not necessarily because it's a very good book.