✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

Lesson learned: Never buy books you know absolutely nothing about! The other day I purchased Henry James' "In The Cage" and it's so dreadfully boring and incomprehensible. I'd be happier If the money I spent on the book was stolen from me :blank:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I have to read it for my AP class... so far so meh... :thinking:

I'm going to read How To Read Literature Like A Professor. My cousins (they get Master's Degree this year.) have already borrowed it for me from college library.

I'm becoming a freshman in college in September. I'm in NCHU Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures. The foreign language is mostly English, and so is literature.

So in summer vacation, I need to read a lot of books/novels. My cousins say if you read them now, when you study in college in the future, it will be much easier to understand what professors talk about.

(Sorry for my poor English. :lol:)

Now I'm reading The Hound of the Baskervilles. :dance:

Brideshead Revisited...

It is such a brilliant book, I really love it :dazzled:! Waugh is fantastically good at character studies and his language just makes me melt into a pile of geeky English-fangirl-mush!

(And, OK, this isn't *exactly* relevant, but I recently read To Kill a Mockingbird and it was just so perfect. That has to be read by everyone at least once in their lives. Loved it so much!)

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished Slave by Mende Nazer. It is the story of modern day slavery (in Sudan). I was blown away by the fact that slavery and slave raids still occur in this age. It is a harrowing novel, but I definitely think a must read for human rights knowledge.