✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orhan Pamuk - Istanbul

I've read reviews of this book and they all said it's great. Been looking for it, but still couldn't find one. :(

I was just finished reading "The Virgin Suicides" by Jeffrey Eugenides. Interesting story, it really makes me wondering about what had really happened. :thinking:

Right now I'm reading "Match Made In Heaven" by Bob Mitchell.

Guest Grace

has anybody ever read that book §the gun seller" hugh laurie wrote?

saw it in the shops yesterday, but i didn't buy it because i've got a ton of books left to read.

Finished 'Deception Point'. I found it really thrilling, but Dan Brown frustrates me! He seems to use the same tricks, techniques, narrative styles, call it what you will, in all of his books. Some of the language used makes me cringe - he could be so much better. But it was still a very unputdownable book and I'll no doubt read Digital Fortress in the near future.

Funny, I heard 'The Gun Seller' mentioned somewhere the other day. It sounds good - must be if it's by Hugh Laurie (unless anyone that's read it feels otherwise...) so I'll add that to my 'to do' list...

I started Sebastian Faulks' 'Birdsong' for about the fifth time yesterday. I always read the first 50-or-so pages but for some weird reason get daunted by it and put it down, changing it for something else. But I'm determined to see it through this time.

Busy readin Stephen King's IT. Always been a fan of the movie, which i have on dvd. saw it when I was little and it scared the life outta me.

Never read the book so when the opportunity came along I grabbed it, I have to say, having never read anything by stephen king before (seen the movie adaptations, never got his books) I'm finding out why he's so critically acclaimed, he writes so gracefully.

it's a joy, and with me having seen the movie it's easier because I can visualise places and people.

I reccommend it.

xo

has anybody ever read that book §the gun seller" hugh laurie wrote?

saw it in the shops yesterday, but i didn't buy it because i've got a ton of books left to read.

:stunned:

I'm reading that book now!!!!!!!! Ahh it's very good!! I recommend it!

As a matter of fact, Chelsea recommended it to me first! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Grace

i ordered both "Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close" and "Everything Is Illuminated" in english today.

cannot wait to pick them up next week! :)

Right now I am reading the "What are you reading right now" thread by Coldplaying.com.

*sigh*

I'm bored, obviously.

well, off I go to read stephen king's IT.

:P

Have you ever read it or seen the movie?

Do not read it, you will waste pontless time on a horrible story.

Im reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac

Just finished Harry Potter series (book 7 was awesome)

i ordered both "Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close" and "Everything Is Illuminated" in english today.

cannot wait to pick them up next week! :)

I bought Everything Is Illuminated a few weeks ago and read it twice. It's so great.

Right now I'm reading They Would Never Hurt A Fly by Slavenka Drakulić. My dad suggested that I read it for some reason. I'm not sure why. But I like it, it's interesting...

Guest Grace
I bought Everything Is Illuminated a few weeks ago and read it twice. It's so great.

yeha, i intend to read "Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close" first, though. i read that "Everything Is Illuminated" is a bit hard to understand. :laugh3:

I just finished reading "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", and I'm starting on Stephen King's "It"

Why don't you read the last harry Potter book? its the best one.

And as Ive said, do not read IT. Trust me you will hate it. Watch the movie and youll see why but it will only take you two hours not two months.